Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 3,312 Words
  • 3,241 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Death by Dreaming - 7. Chapter 7

“So when did this happen? When did you know?”

“I’ve known for a long time... I don’t know exactly when... but a long time. I had no idea how Angel felt until tonight.”

“Neither did I.”

“But you had a girlfriend.”

“Honey, I’ve had a LOT of girlfriends.”

“But... but...”

“Look... don’t ask ME how it works... I have no idea. I’ve had plenty of women and I’ve loved every one of them... in my own way but it’s never been anything like this.” He looked at Angel with the most tender look in his eyes that Charlie had ever seen. Angel smiled back, shyly.

“Oh please... Look I have no problem with this... except of course that both of the men I am hopelessly in love with are now taken in one fell swoop... apart from that I have no problem with it... but I am NOT going to spend the rest of the summer playing gooseberry while you two moon over each other. Got it?”

“Yess’m. We got it. We got it good.”

“Hmmm... well ok. I have to admit that you do look good together, very good. I’m pleased for you guys, really pleased. It’s wonderful.”

She looked so dejected that, after exchanging a glance they both got up and sat down one each side of her putting their arms around her.

“Hey... this changes nothing, you know that don’t you?”

“Yeah... we’re still the three amigos... the three musketeers...”

Charlie laughed. “More like the three blind mice.” She rested her head on Marcus’ shoulder and looked up at Angel who was grinning all over his face, practically glowing.

“Well, it’s perked you up hun... so how can I complain. No more stress huh?”

“Oh... there’ll be stress. With that shower around there will all be stress but it doesn’t matter so much now. Nothing matters so much now.” His eyes glowed as he looked at Marcus and she just knew that the look was mirrored there. With a sigh she rolled her eyes

“I TOLD you... no mooning.”

“Honey... you sure do have a different interpretation of that word to mine... at least I hope you do.”

“What are you on about?”

“Mooning honey. Where I come from it means giving the old butt cheeks an airing.”

“The old what? Oh...” she giggled “Oh no my interpretation doesn’t mean that. It means making moon eyes at each other... you know staring into each other’s eyes and going all soft and misty."

“Well... I’m glad we got that sorted out.”

Angel spent most of the journey home with his head on Marcus’ shoulder and before they arrived he was fast asleep. Marcus couldn’t stop looking at him, drinking in his beauty like a bottle of fine champagne... no better than champagne...sweeter, so much sweeter. Angel sighed and stirred in his sleep and Marcus had to smile. For a moment he almost forgot himself and touched him.

“Mooning.”

He looked up and grinned. Charlie smiled back. “So is this what it has been all along? Was it all because you were in love with Angel?”

Marcus grinned and nodded.

“You could have told me.”

“I... I hadn’t really worked it out myself until now... I didn’t want to face it because I never thought... I didn’t believe for one minute that he would feel the same way.”

Charlie looked at Angel and frowned. “Are you sure this is a good idea?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well... he’s having such a hard time. The Bishops are awful to him. Isn’t this just giving them more ammunition?”

“Maybe it would be if they had a chance to use it but there is no way I am leaving him with them now. I am not moving from his side from now on... ever.”

“You can’t be with him forever.”

“Watch me.”

“Marcus... be reasonable. I don’t think either one of you has thought this through. The Bishops are going to make his life hell and he really can’t handle that right now. I worried about him... no more than that I’m scared for him.”

“Then don’t be. I’m not joking I mean it...I am not letting him out of my sight.”

“Well... good luck with that.” She smiled. “I am pleased... really I am. I haven’t seen him look so happy for ages.”

When they got back to the house it was in darkness. It was past two in the morning and the house was in darkness. Laughing and giggling they made their way upstairs and paused outside Angel’s room.

“I don’t want the night to end... it was awesome.”

“It’s tomorrow morning Charlie. Go to bed.”

“What about you two. I suppose you’ll be going to bed together.”

Angel and Marcus froze and stared at each other. It was one thing to kiss, another to admit feelings for each other but this was a whole different ball game.

“Do you want to?” Marcus asked softly.

“I... don’t want you to leave but... I don’t know if...”

“I understand. It’s okay. Maybe I should...”

Smiling shyly at him Angel opened his door and slipped through, holding his hand and drawing him after him. Marcus cast a startled glance at Charlie over his shoulder as the door closed behind them. Feeling slightly sad Charlie was nevertheless smiling as she made her way to bed.

When they were alone Angel and Marcus stood looking at each other for a while, nervous, awkward and suddenly shy. Eventually Marcus shrugged off his jacket and threw it over the back of a chair. Then he drew up close to Angel and slipped his hands under his jacket flipping it over his shoulders. As it slid to the floor Marcus slid his hands down Angel’s arms and around his waist, pulling him close.

Although Marcus had a larger frame than Angel he was less than an inch taller than him and they were more or less on a level, looking into each other’s eyes. He brushed the hair out of Angel’s face and let one hand linger, stroking his hair, while the other remained at his waist, pressing him close.

“God you’re beautiful.”

Angel lowered his eyes, smiling shyly then raised his head and grinned. “You make me feel beautiful. I’ve never felt that before. I feel like... I don’t know... some silly schoolgirl on a first date. I have no idea what I am supposed to do, what comes next.” He sighed. “Marcus I... I’ve never... you know... never been with a man before. I don’t know if... I’m not sure I’m...”

“Hey... it’s the first time for me too. I guess there are no rules... and I’m scared to death. Look... if you’re not ready to... well to... to go further... maybe we should just...”

“I don’t want you to go Marcus.” He said softly.

“Then what if we just lie together, just sleep... nothing more?”

Angel looked relieved and disappointed at the same time. “That sounds good, although I don’t know how the hell I am ever going to sleep.”

“They we’ll just lie here and not sleep all night.”

“Okay.”

Angel watched with wide eyes as Marcus took off his cravat and waistcoat and threw them on the chair. Sitting down on the bed he unlaced his shoes and kicked them off. Then he looked up at Angel.

“Are you going to go to bed fully clothed?”

“Erm... no.”

“Angel... are you sure you don’t want me to leave?”

“Of course I’m sure. I’m just... it’s... Never mind.” He smiled at Marcus and then kicked off his shoes and discarded his waistcoat. By this time Marcus had shed his trousers and was pulling his shirt over his head. Again Angel froze at the sight of the smooth skin and well defined muscles moving smoothly under it. Dark curly hair peppered his chest and siphoned down into a thick, well drawn line disappearing into the waistband of his Calvin Klein’s.

Following the line Angel shuddered and began to tremble. Not even he could have said whether it was with fear or anticipation.

Grinning Marcus lay back against the pillows, his hands behind his head, his legs crossed at the ankle.

“Well...”

Swallowing nervously Angel undid the buckle of his belt and let his trousers slide to the floor, stepping delicately out of them. When he raised his arms to tug his shirt over his head he heard Marcus gasp and dropped them again.

“What’s wrong?”

Marcus shook his head, his eyes wide. “Nothing. Hurry.”

“Are you cold?”

“Hurry.”

Puzzled Angel quickly shed his shirt and stood for a moment feeling exposed and strange. Marcus was looking at him with a dazed, hungry expression on his face.

“Come here.” Marcus’ voice was husky and, for some reason it made Angel blush. Hesitantly he climbed up onto the bed and stretched out next to Marcus. Marcus turned on his side and stared at Angel, gently stroking his arm and consuming him with his eyes.

“Marc... why are you looking at me like that? It’s making me feel a bit weird.”

“I’m sorry but... it's just... For God’s sake it’s indecent for anyone to be that perfect.”

Angel blushed. “I’m not perfect.”

“Pretty damn close. Jesus Angel.” He ran his hand over the smooth tight pecs and Angel closed his eyes with a little sigh. “You’re not as skinny as you look.”

“I’m not skinny at all.”

“No... so I can see.”

With a moan Angel rolled onto his back and sighed deeply and Marcus continued to stroke his chest and belly with feather light strokes of his fingers. Almost falling asleep he surrendered entirely to the touch until Marcus, getting carried away and seeing the evidence of Angel’s obvious enjoyment, slid his fingers under the waistband of his pants.

Immediately Angel stiffened and covered Marcus’s hand with his own, trapping it. He opened his eyes and looked up into Marcus’. For a while they stared at each other and then Angel shook his head, very slightly looking nervous. Marcus smiled and drew his hand away to stroke Angel’s face.

“It’s okay. We’ll take it slowly babe. As slow as you want.” Angel nodded and smiled, taking Marcus’ breath away. “Go take your meds.”

Angel’s eyes widened. “Shit! I forgot.”

“Then you’re lucky I’m here to remind you.”

Angel frowned then nodded and smiled, rising from the bed and disappearing into the bathroom. When he came back Marcus was under the duvet, propping his head up on one elbow, watching the door. When he saw Angel he smiled and pulled back the covers. Angel switched off the lights and slid between the cool sheets, melting into Marcus’ arms.

Snuggling in to the warmth of Marcus’ body he felt safer, more secure and happier than he could ever remember. His last waking thought was that everything was going to be alright now.

Some time later Angel woke, completely disoriented. It was still dark although the sky was definitely lightening, and he was cradled in Marcus’ arms, his head resting on the crook of his shoulder. He didn’t even bother to wonder what had woken him, it didn’t matter, he didn’t care. Everything was alright. Breathing deeply the scent of the man who was sleeping peacefully next to him he felt something stir deep within him.

Raising himself slightly so that he could look down into Marcus’ face Angel gently stroked the full lips, smiling when they twitched. He had never noticed before but Marcus had a tiny scar on his cheek just under his eye and suddenly it was irresistible. Bending over he kissed the scar very gently. Marcus sighed and turned his head, reflexively pulling Angel closer against him.

Angel settled down again but he couldn’t go back to sleep. There was a strange restlessness in him and he couldn’t stop his fingers stroking the warm skin on Marcus’ side and back feeling it tremble slightly under his touch. He noticed that his breathing was getting faster and abandoned all possibility of going back to sleep.

Raising himself again Angel pressed his body against Marcus’s and started to kiss, suck and gently bite his lips. Marcus woke gently and the only way that Angel knew he was awake at all was because he began to respond.

After a while Angel lifted his head and looked down into the sleepy eyes. “What a way to wake up? What brought this on?”

“You did. You’re too beautiful to look at and not molest.”

“Is that what you’re doing then? Molesting me?”

“Given half a chance.”

Marcus sighed and shifted slightly under Angel so that Angel was basically lying on top of him, with one leg between his own, their hips pressed together. Angel shuddered but made no move to pull away when Marcus slipped his hand under the waistband of his pants and firmly gripped his bottom, squeezing gently. Instead he closed his eyes and gasped pressing his face against Marcus’ chest.

Gently Marcus stroked his hair as he kneaded the firm flesh on his backside and Angel moaned softly, his body beginning to tremble.

“Are you alright?”

“I... I don’t know what to do.” Angel gasped as Marcus’s hand roved further, reaching between his legs.

“You don’t have to do anything.”

“No... I uh... I want to but... I mmh... I don’t know what to...ahh... do.”

Smiling Marcus directed his hand in the right direction wondering, not for the first time, what the hell he had done to deserve someone so absolutely fucking perfect.

Of course they slept late that morning and Charlie was all but pacing the family room when they both entered at past midday, their hair tousled, their eyes sleepy and their faces bright with un quenchable smiles.

“At last. I thought you were going to stay in bed all day.”

“We thought about it,” grinned Marcus as he threw himself into a chair pulling Angel down onto his lap.

“Will you two stop it? Remember I am a guest here too. I will not be neglected.” She pouted and stamped her foot.

“We wouldn’t dream of it.”

“Oh my God!”

“What?”

Charlie rolled her eyes in mock exaggeration. “Is this how it’s going to be now? ‘We’ this and ‘we’ that? God you’re nauseating. And will you please stop that?”

Angel paused with a grape hovering in front of Marcus’ mouth and then grinned and rubbed it gently against his bottom lip before slipping it inside.

“But we’re hungry.” He mock pouted only to be met with another roll of her eyes.

“What are we going to do today?”

Angel got off Marcus’ lap and sat in a chair next to him. “Whatever you want. Do you want to take that ride?”

“Ooh, that would be lovely. Just the thing to blow away the cobwebs... but are you allowed?”

Angel laughed. “No one is going to tell me when I am or am not allowed to ride. The grooms won’t get into trouble because she did not tell them to stop me today. Bring it on I say. Shall I ask Betty to pack us a picnic for tea? We can ride to the White Horse if you like Charlie... you’ve always liked it there.”

“Oooh yes, thank you Angel that would be lovely.” Excited she threw herself at him, twining her arms around his neck. Suddenly she stopped.

“Am I still allowed to do this?”

“I don’t see how I am going to stop you.”

Angel and Marcus exchanged playful glances and Marcus chuckled. “I think we can make an exception... just for her...but if I ever see you with anyone else on you’re lap you’re dead meat. Angel grinned and hugged Charlie, kissing the top of her head.

“Can we have lunch in peace now please?”

“Some of us were up at a decent hour and have already had theirs.”

“Well some of us can go sort out the picnic, can’t they, while the rest of us finish their lunch in peace.”

“Huh... you are really taking advantage of me... do you know that.”

Angel and Marcus looked at each other and then chorused. “Yep.” Charlie was grinning as she flounced from the room.

They ate swiftly and hungrily, completely relaxed with each other, utterly content. Charlie returned to report that tea was being packed and could be collected as they were leaving and then disappeared again to get changed. When the door opened again they expected it to be her return. They were both giggling and Marcus had his arm across Angel’s shoulders, absently playing with his hair.

“Well, well... what DO we have here? A pair of love birds by the look of it.”

Angel stiffened but Marcus squeezed his shoulder and then looked up and drawled lazily. “Well hi there Henry. Why don’t you come join us? We had a heavy night so we’re only just having lunch...there’s plenty to go round.”

“No thank you.” He said, giving them a look that suggested there was a bad smell somewhere in the room. “I don’t do gay.”

“Oh you should Henry... you really should. You’d be surprised how awesome it is... I was. Or maybe it’s just Angel that’s awesome... what do you think?”

“I think you’re sick. And I think my father is going to freak when he hears about this.”

Angel had remained with his head down, staring at the table. Now he jolted upright and stared at Henry with a strange look on his face. He looked as if he was going to say something but shut his mouth with a snap and Henry smirked.

“Was there something you wanted Henry? Or were you coming in here just to make a complete ass of yourself?”

“I...” He glared and Marcus. “I was going to tell you that I have decided not to go to the police about the assault.”

“I bet you’re not. Because if you do then you have to explain why I did it... and I can assure you that the bruises on Angel’s neck haven’t faded yet.”

“You couldn’t prove it was me... you might have done it yourself in your... gay sex games.”

Marcus laughed aloud. “Gay sex games? You wish. Oh just fuck off Henry.” Henry glared at him then turned obediently. “Oh... and one more thing.”

“What?”

“When you are telling your father all youthink you know about our private business then remember... and tell him to remember one thing...”

“What’s that?” Henry drawled, smirking again. “That Angel’s always been a fucking poof?”

Angel stiffened again and again Marcus squeezed his shoulder. His voice was perfectly even, even light as he responded.

“No... that this is not your house... and it is not his house. This is Angel’s house and although his father’s will says that your freaking family can stay here as long as you like you will never own it and you can’t control what goes on in it. So be careful... be very careful Henry. Remember what I said to you the other say when I knocked you on your ass... You’ve had it easy... far too easy for far too long... He...” He nodded to Angel who was staring at him open mouthed, “might be an angel... but I’m fucking not. Now get the hell out of here.”

Henry opened his mouth as if to say something then shut it with a snap and disappeared.

“What did he mean ‘assault’? What did you mean ‘knocked him on his arse’?”

Marcus grinned. The other day when you... when we were going to go riding. He was a complete ass and I hit him... right in the kisser. He went down like a ton of shit.”

For a moment Angel stared at him wide eyed... and then he cracked up laughing. “Marcus... you ARE an angel.”

Copyright © 2010 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Charlie is such a sweetheart, a truly wonderful friend :) Henry is a real daddy´s boy, running to tell daddy about Angel and Marcus, wonder how daddy will take the news. Marcus is strong and hopefully able to keep Angel safe and unhurt.

Link to comment
On 01/26/2014 05:09 PM, Suvitar said:
Charlie is such a sweetheart, a truly wonderful friend :) Henry is a real daddy´s boy, running to tell daddy about Angel and Marcus, wonder how daddy will take the news. Marcus is strong and hopefully able to keep Angel safe and unhurt.
We can only hope :) Charlie is hilarious. I'd love to have her as a friend. Never a dull moment.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..