Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 1,962 Words
  • 3,619 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Death by Dreaming - 22. Chapter 22

In a Chat Room near you
Beanfreak: So Charles came clean then. I have to say, that shocked me. I didn’t think he would have. I was sure that he would plead innocence all the way.

LadyPink: Well he didn’t really have much choice in the end. Once that freaky doctor cracked and started talking his goose was well and truly cooked.

Beanfreak: I feel kind of sorry for Henry though.

Babel: What??!!! Are you serious? You were AT the fucking party Chris. You SAW what a bastard he was. And after what he did to Angel...

Beanfreak: Take it easy Harry. I’m not that sorry for him. But did you see him on the news, crying like a baby? I don’t know... there’s something about seeing a man cry. I couldn’t help feel sorry for him.

Babel: Like I am supposed to care.

LadyPink: Normally I would have agreed with you but this was Henry. All I can say is... Good. I’m glad we got to see him cry; shame we didn’t get to see him bleed.

Beanfreak: Henry’s a complete bastard but... well... it’s not all his fault. I mean with the father he had...

LadyPink: That’s utter bollocks. I am sick and tired of people blaming the way they were brought up for turning them into bastards. Henry is an utter bastard and there is no one and nothing he can blame for it except himself. Arthur had the same father and he didn’t turn out to be a chinless, spiteful, cruel, homophobic, homicidal maniac.

Beanfreak: *laughs nervously* Way to go with the expletives Charlie, say it as it is why don’t you? I get your point though. I guess Arthur was stronger.

LadyPink: You know, six months ago I would have laughed in your face for that statement but you’re right. Arthur is stronger. He’s been amazing. He’s helped so much at Greybrook, he’s inspired.

Babel: Ah yes, that’s right... how is the Great Plan going?

LadyPink: *giggles* Almost too well. It seems as if everything is just falling into place without any effort at all. Betty, the cook at Greybrook, commented a couple of weeks ago that it was as if Lady Olivia was looking down on us and lending a helping hand. It was her dream, you know. Maybe she’s right.

Babel: When’s Marcus back from the States?

LadyPink: Thursday. He’s going to be blown away. We’ve accomplished so much in the last few weeks while he’s been away. Of course he’s been on the phone every day but it’s not the same is it? He won’t recognise Greybrook.

MissPriss: So what exactly have you been doing there? I’ve heard so many rumours. When am I going to get to see it for myself.

LadyPink: Don’t worry Catherine, you’ll get to see it when it’s done. We are going to have a ‘grand unveiling’ ball when it’s all done and you’ll all be invited. We’ve stripped the whole house back to basics and renovated it all back to its original glory. Everything’s period. You should see the ballroom. There’s still a long way to go but it’s really shaping up. The renovators are fantastic, they really care about their work. The details are amazing.

Babel: I suppose you wanted to get every trace of the Bishops out of there.

LadyPink You wouldn’t believe what we found in the East Wing once we got to look around properly.

Babel : You might be surprised about what I would believe about Charles.

MissPriss: So who’s idea was it to go with the full renovation?

LadyPink: Who’s do you think? I would have done it all out in shabby chic and Marcus would have made it all uber modern. He has his own little corner filled with gadgets just so he can go get his fix now and again.

Babel: Angel always said he would have liked to renovate. It’s what Lady O always planned wasn’t it?

LadyPink: Yes. That was one of the things that Angel hated most about having the Bishops there. He would have liked to have done it a long time ago.

Beanfreak: He didn’t waste much time.

LadyPink: You know Angel... once he gets an idea into his head there’s no stopping him until it’s done.

MissPriss: How is Angel doing these days? I haven’t seen him for absolutely ages. He’s turning into a hermit.

LadyPink Hardly! He’s busy that’s all. There was more going on in the business than he realised and there was a lot to do to get it sorted. And then there were the renovations, of course, and he and Marcus are sickeningly lovey dovey.

MissPriss: Who would have thought...

Babel: What? Marcus and Angel... I know... it was a bit of a shock...

Beanfreak: Oh I don’t know.

Babel: What do you mean? Don’t try to tell me that you knew all along they were into each other. You always have to do that.

Beanfreak: Do what?

Babel You always have to have known what no one else knew, to have seen through people... you know.

Beanfreak: You’re lucky I’m so easy going and in a good mood tonight. You can be such a bitch when you want to.

FallenAngel has entered chat

FallenAngel : Hey guys what’s up?

MissPriss: Angel Babe... I just asked about you, you hermit.

Beanfreak: Hi Angel

LadyPink: What are you doing in here? You are supposed to be resting.

Babel: Hey Angel... we were just talking about you.

FallenAngel: What am I supposed to have done now? And I am resting... at least I have the computer resting on my knees.

LadyPink : You had better be. Marcus will have my guts for garters if he comes home and finds you worn out. I haven’t had the courage to tell him everything you have been up to.

FallenAngel: *sigh* I think I am going to have to have a long talk with him when he comes home.

Babel : What’s up. Trouble in paradise?

FallenAngel: No... it’s just... *sigh* He gets ridiculously over protective. I mean it’s sweet and all but it can be so frustrating. Before he went away I was starting to feel suffocated. It’s a terrible thing to say about someone I love so much but it's been almost a relief to have him away these past few weeks. I can relax and be myself without him scaring the shit out of me every two seconds by taking paintbrushes out of my hand, or insisting I go lie down if I start to look tired.

LadyPink: It’s only because he cares Angel.

FallenAngel: *sigh* I know. I know that, and that’s why I haven’t said anything to him. But it’s time now Charlie. I’m fine. I’ve been fine for ages and I don’t want him to treat me like a china doll any more.

LadyPink: You can’t blame him Angel. He was scared. We were all scared. That day in the church he thought you were dead. We all thought you were dead but Marcus... he was in shock for days. It’s not really surprising that he is a little overprotective is it?

FallenAngel: No... it’s not surprising... but it’s not easy for me either. I had a shock too. It scared the hell out of me. And I WAS dead in the church... for a while. When something like that happens it makes you look at things differently. That’s why I wanted to do the work on the house. I need to live now Charlie. I need to... I don’t know... grab life by the balls and squeeze all I can out of it... and I can’t do that with Marcus freaking out every time I sneeze or feel a bit tired. My heart is fine... well as fine as it is going to be. I’m strong and restless and I need to DO something.

LadyPink: I know. It’s difficult for both of you... but I have to admit to being more on Marcus’ side in this. You’re pushing yourself too hard...what with the business and organising the renovations... I mean for the love of God do you really have to be quite so hands on? I would never have climbed that bloody huge ladder to look at the covings in the hall.

FallenAngel: But that’s the point. I DO have to push myself hard, I DO have to be hands on. I need to prove to myself I’m alive Charlie. What happened... it’s over. We all have to put it behind us. For God’s sake I found out that my guardian murdered my parents, almost ruined my business, stole from me and tried to murder me... all in one fell swoop. Everything I had believed was true was just swept out from under me, not to mention that my health wasn't great at the time. I have to deal with that and my way of dealing with it is to be busy. I AM being careful... at least more careful than I used to be... but I can’t handle being treated like an invalid when I’m not... I’m really not.

MissPriss: Come stay with me for a while Angel. I’ll make you feel alive and I won’t treat you like an invalid I promise... in fact I’ll put your stamina to the test every single night.

FallenAngel: Haha. Thanks Catherine. I would take you up on that but I’m afraid you’re just not my type.

MissPriss: Damn... why do all the best men have to be gay?

Babel: Hey... I resent that. I’m not gay.

MissPriss: I rest my case.

FallenAngel: Anyway... the reason I came on here was to remind you about tomorrow, Charlie, and to arrange a time to meet.

Beanfreak: oooh a secret tryst when the boyfriend’s away. Shocking Angel!!! J

FallenAngel If only. We’re going shopping.

MissPriss: Can I come? I’ll be a good girl and won’t molest you... much... in public.

FallenAngel: Would love to hun but we’re shopping for furniture at Sotherby’s so I don’t think it’s really your thing.

MissPriss: *pouts* Angel doesn’t love me any more.

FallenAngel: Of course I do hun... I just love Marcus and shopping more.

MissPriss: Ah well then... I suppose I am just going to have to crawl away into a corner and nurse my broken heart.

FallenAngel: I’m afraid so.

Beanfreak: Seriously though, Angel, I’m really glad that things worked out for you in the end.

FallenAngel: Thanks Chris. Yeah... it did work out... in the end. It’s all good now. Thanks to my friends.

Instant Messanger

FallenAngel: Where have you been hiding? I have been trying to get hold of you.

Babel: Yeah well.., you know me... elusive.

FallenAngel: I know what you did... and no wise cracks please. Without you I wouldn’t be here now. You saved my life.

Babel: Nah... that would be Marcus. He was the one who smelled a rat. If he hadn’t asked me to dig I wouldn’t have.

FallenAngel: But if you hadn’t dug all his suspicions would have come to nothing. I’m not taking any of your bullshit Harry. You saved my life and I owe you.

Babel: Well if you put it that way, fine... you can be indebted to me for the rest of your life.

FallenAngel: Joke all you want but I wouldn’t have a life if it hadn’t been for you. I appreciate it... I really appreciate it and if there is ever anything I can do to repay you, then you don’t even have to ask, just consider it done.

Babel: You might live to regret that.

FallenAngel: Thanks to you.

Babel: Yeah yeah whatever. Keep on and I’ll think you’re hitting on me.

FallenAngel: That you should be so lucky.

Babel J

Babel has closed the private window.

Copyright © 2010 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Excellent tale, I really enjoyed it. The ending was great too..

If you haven't noticed already, I'm working my way through your stories. This is the third one I've finished in just over 24 hours. I've enjoyed them all so far, Neph'. You're a very talented writer :)

Link to comment
On 07/05/2011 03:52 AM, Mike00 said:
Excellent tale, I really enjoyed it. The ending was great too..

If you haven't noticed already, I'm working my way through your stories. This is the third one I've finished in just over 24 hours. I've enjoyed them all so far, Neph'. You're a very talented writer :)

I'm glad I'm keeping your attention. Maybe you should take a break in case you get bored :) I'm so glad you're enjoying my stories. This one was my first NaNoWiMo so I'm particularly fond of it :)
Link to comment

Good story, but I have to admit it was a weird ending. Yes it was in the chat style similar to the start but seemed different not having more us there and everything not really finished. But it was still a very good story

Link to comment
On 02/22/2013 03:08 PM, Daithi said:
Good story, but I have to admit it was a weird ending. Yes it was in the chat style similar to the start but seemed different not having more us there and everything not really finished. But it was still a very good story
Thank you. I like weird endings. I like to leave a little to the imagination of the readers so they can make up their own mind as to what actually happened and the chat seemed a good way of imparting all the important information without preaching :)
Link to comment

You did keep me in suspension about what had happen to Angel and I was just about ready to start crying when you finally revealed what was going on :mellow:

Absolutely brilliant story :thumbup: I really enjoyed it.

I was surprised there were so few reviews and likes, your story really deserves more readers. And I do hope you didn´t get fed with my comments :whistle: I´d have given more likes but run out of them, I hate when that happens in the middle of a good story. Now I need to check what else you have written that I´ve missed. :read:

Link to comment
On 01/27/2014 04:11 AM, Suvitar said:
You did keep me in suspension about what had happen to Angel and I was just about ready to start crying when you finally revealed what was going on :mellow:

Absolutely brilliant story :thumbup: I really enjoyed it.

I was surprised there were so few reviews and likes, your story really deserves more readers. And I do hope you didn´t get fed with my comments :whistle: I´d have given more likes but run out of them, I hate when that happens in the middle of a good story. Now I need to check what else you have written that I´ve missed. :read:

Thank you so, so much. As if I would EVER get fed up with your comments. Comments are what I live for. They're like chocolate and coffee (and if you knew how much I like chocolate and coffee you'll know how important that is

) :)

Link to comment

:thankyou:

gosh, I am going through your stories......em.,as soon as I charged my phone that is.

now excuse me while I log off to try and lower my blood pressure and wipe my face. This is an emotional rollercoaster ride!

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, MariaNk said:

:thankyou:

gosh, I am going through your stories......em.,as soon as I charged my phone that is.

now excuse me while I log off to try and lower my blood pressure and wipe my face. This is an emotional rollercoaster ride!

Glad your phone made it :D Even gladder that you're enjoying my stories. Take care of your blood pressure :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..