Jump to content
    Nephylim
  • Author
  • 1,997 Words
  • 4,992 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Death by Dreaming - Prologue. Prologue

In the chat room...maybe even right here on GA

NB For some reason all the smiley faces in this part and the end part come out as J so you know what is

FallenAngel: Ah well... only two days to go. At least when you are here I will have something to keep me sane. Sometimes I think the Addams Family are deliberately trying to drive me insane.

LadyPink: Awww... hang on in there sweetie. I’ve got a special hug just waiting for you.

FallenAngel: *smiley face*

CusCus: Don’t expect a hug off me. I’m going to slap your face for letting them get to you. I told you... you should stay the hell away from them... they’re poison.

FallenAngel: *sigh* I know but I’m stuck with them, at least for the foreseeable future so what am I going to do about it?

Babel: Hey Angel... you going to the Ball thingie next month?

FallenAngel: Yeah... we’re all going. You going to bring the Barbie Doll?

Babel: Hell no. Ditched the bitch. I have a new lurve interest and can’t wait for you all to meet her. Well... except you Angel.

FallenAngel: Me? What have I done?

Babel: Haha. Just don’t need the competition.

FallenAngel: Trust me... no competition.

........

FallenAngel: Ah hell! Pa Addams is shouting for me. What am I supposed to have done this time?

LadyPink: Ignore him.

FallenAngel: If I ignore him he’ll be up here and I HATE him coming in my room.

Babel: Too much porn?

FallenAngel: Haha. If only.

........

FallenAngel: Have to go guys. I am being summoned to the presence.

CusCus: Don’t take any crap off him. Just remember... another three months and you’re free of him. Just hang on in there.

LadyPink: And we’ll be there in a couple of days to help you. So just try not to get into any trouble until we get there OK?

FallenAngel: Ok, I’ll try. *smiley face*

Babel: Bye Angel

CusCus: Bye mate

FallenAngel has left chat.

Babel: What’s the deal with Angel? He seems a bit stressed.

CusCus: Ah nothing... just having issues with his guardian.

Babel: Yeah... what’s the thing with that? I know Angel’s parents are dead but I didn’t realise that he’s got a guardian.

LadyPink: Yeah. Some creepy family who get to live at his house for as long as they like... as if anyone is going to move out of there!! I really liked Sir William, and Lady O was a sweetheart... so why the hell they saw fit to torture Angel with a guardian like Charles bloody Bishop I can’t begin to guess. They whole fucking family are creepy. Like they’re serial killers or something. God only knows what they have been doing to the company these last few years.

Babel: The company?

CusCus: Yeah... Angel’s Dad’s company... Bartholomews... Sir William’s will left him in charge... total control until Angel hits 21.

Babel: *whistles* I didn’t realise. *slaps head* of course. I didn’t connect Angel’s name with the company. Fuck! They’re one of the big boy multi nationals. He must be loaded.

LadyPink: Is that all you think about? Shit you City types are all the same... it all comes down to how much money you have and who Daddy knows. It isn’t as if you’re short of a bob or two yourself.

Babel: *laughs* Lucky I know you and love you so much or I could take offence at that.

LadyPink: Take it as you will. Angel’s my best friend. He’s the sweetest, kindest, most genuine person I know and if you can’t see that without having to put pound signs over his head then you can just fuck off.

Babel: Woah there... you know I like Angel. That’s why I was asking about him. I just said I didn’t realise that’s all.

CusCus: Didn't realise what?

LadyPink: Where the hell have you been?

CusCus: What do you mean? I’ve been right here.

LadyPink: *sigh* Never mind. Look... let’s forget it alright.

Babel: Fine by me. So what’s with this guardian guy then? Is he giving Angel a hard time?

CusCus: *growls* I swear... if he starts when I’m there I am going to smash his face to a pulp. The closer it get’s to Angel’s birthday the worse he is getting. He is such an unreasonably bastard I don’t know how Angel puts up with him. I would have smashed him or got the hell out of there long ago.

Babel: What’s Angel’s birthday got to do with it?

LadyPink: Keep up will you Harry? When Angel reaches 21 on the 31st October Charles stops being his guardian and CEO of the company and it all gets handed over to Angel. Charles gets to stay on for six months to ‘hand over the reins’ and he gets to stay in the house for as long as he wants but that’s it... he’s out of a job.

Babel: Harsh. No wonder he’s on a downer with Angel.

CusCus: He’s been on a downer with Angel since the day he first moved into the house, after the funeral. He’s been a complete shit to him... and Angel just takes it. I wish he would stand up for himself now and again.

LadyPink: It wouldn’t do any good. Would just make it impossible to live in that house... and you know how much he loves it.

Babel: Who wouldn’t? Greybrook is such a beautiful house and the estate....

LadyPink: There you go again... It isn’t the size of the house or the estate he loves... it’s the fact he spent his childhood there with his parents and his mother’s ‘flavour’ is all over it.

Babel: Will you get off my back? What are you being so protective about? I’m not trying to attack Angel. I’m on your side remember.

........

CryBaby has entered chat.

CryBaby: Hi all.

LadyPink: Well just stop measuring everything by materialistic standards.

CryBaby: Woah... what have I walked into.

Babel: I’m not... I’m just... oh what’s the point?

CusCus: Don’t worry Clay, it’s just Charlie and Harry having at it again.

CryBaby: hehe... no problem. Is Angel about?

CusCus: He was but he got summoned by the evil Mr Bishop.

CryBaby: Bugger. I needed to talk to him about something. Is he coming back?

Cus Cus: No Idea. Anything we can help you with?

LadyPink: Sorry Harry. I suppose I AM a bit defensive tonight. It’s just that Angel has been getting so much shit from those arseholes lately...

CryBaby: Still? I don’t know how he hasn’t punched one of them yet.

CusCus: Hehe... my comment exactly.

LadyPink: Yeah well... you two are thugs and Angel isn’t so there’s no point in judging him by your standards. Angel would never think of hitting him.

Babel: Don't worry about it Charlie, I’m not. So what’s up Clay?

CusCus: You think I don’t know that? That’s what I’m worried about. Angel is getting so stressed lately and I’m worried about him.

CryBaby: Nothing much. Just having a bit of hassle with my sister and I wanted to talk it over with Angel. He always seems to be able to put things in perspective somehow.

LadyPink: Yeah... for everyone but himself. I’m worried too Marcus. Can’t wait to get there. So what has Lucie been getting up to now?

CryBaby: Nothing really... she’s just got involved with some American who I know is going to hurt her and I have no idea what to do about it.

LadyPink: Not a lot you CAN do about it hun... it’s her life.

CryBaby: Yeah... I know but... well she’s only 17 and he’s 25 and working in the City. He’s so full of himself and he’s completely turned her head. She won’t listen to the AP’s or her friends, anyone... and she certainly won’t listen to me...

LadyPink: But you think she might listen to Angel?

CryBaby: Everyone listens to Angel.

CusCus: Not everyone.

........

Babel: Do you want me to check out this guy for you?

CryBaby: Could you?

Babel: Of course. I’ll get on it tomorrow and see what I can dig up.

LadyPink: By strictly legal means of course.

Babel: Darling I am a journalist. I only EVER use strictly legal means.

LadyPink: A ‘trainee’ journalist... who just happens to be the most kick arse computer hacker in the history of the world and whose father is Chief Inspector of the Met with access to the most kick arse computers in the history of the world... of COURSE you would never consider doing anything remotely illegal in the pursuit of knowledge.

Babel: *smiley face*

CryBaby: Well, I don’t care HOW you do it. If you can dig some dirt on him to get him of my back... or off Lucie’s to be more precise... I will be forever grateful.

Babel: Don’t worry about forever... as long as the Charity Ball will do... I need a lift.

CryBaby: No problem... what about the rest of you... I can sort out a limo for us all if you like.

CusCus: We’ll be at Angel’s. Charlie and I will be heading up there on Friday for a couple of weeks.

CryBaby: Oooh lucky you. Greybrook is a beautiful estate.

LadyPink: Yes, it is.

Babel: Hey... no fair. You jumped on me when I said that.

LadyPink: You wish.

Babel: :p

FallenAngel has entered chat.

Fallen Angel: Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!!!

LadyPink: What’s up Angel?

CusCus: What’s wrong babe?

FallenAngel: I HATE them. I hate them ALL.

CryBaby: What’s going on?

FallenAngel: Oh hi Clay. Don’t mind me. I am just so FUCKING angry. I am so glad you guys are coming soon. I am going to go mad if I have to spend any more time cooped up here with THEM.

CusCus: What have they done now?

FallenAngel: Bishop had the brilliant idea that, as I am not going to be in a position to actively run the company until I have finished my degree, I should sign legal papers to extend his guardianship for another year.

LadyPink: Shit... the utter arsehole.

CusCus: You didn’t sign them did you?

FallenAngel: Marcus!! Give me credit for having SOME brain left. Of course I didn’t sign them. Actually I ripped them into pieces whilst telling him that I couldn’t wait until the 1st November because that’s the day I am going to sack his arse and appoint a new CEO to run the company until I can take up the position myself.

CusCus: Can you do that?

FallenAngel: Who says I can’t? My father’s will just says that, after I reach 21 and take over full control of the company I have to keep him on for a further 6 months so that he can teach me the ropes. It doesn’t say I have to keep him on in the same capacity. And I don’t need him to teach me the ropes... I have been learning them in my own way since father died. I have someone already in place primed and waiting to take over from him. Hmmm...

LadyPink: What?

FallenAngel: Maybe I shouldn’t have told him that. Perhaps I should start getting someone else to taste my food before I eat.

LadyPink: Drama queen!! Charles Bishop is a real shit but he wouldn’t do anything to hurt you... not really.

FallenAngel: Maybe not... but you should have heard him tonight. I thought he was going to hit me... I really thought he was going to hit me. In fact he did raise his fist... but the witch queen intervened and he just stormed off.

CusCus: You’re joking. If he’d hit you I would have kicked his arse to Christmas.

FallenAngel: Don’t be silly Marcus... besides... he didn’t. Gods I can’t wait for you guys to come down.

LadyPink: Me either hun.

FallenAngel: All this anger has exhausted me. I’m off to bed. Night all, see you soon.

LadyPink: Take care of yourself darling.

FallenAngel: I always do.

FallenAngel has left chat

CusCus: Just be careful babe... take care of yourself. Bugger... he’s gone.

LadyPink: I worry about him.

CusCus: Don’t we all?

CryBaby: He’ll be alright. He’s tougher than he seems.

CusCus: Yeah, I know. That’s what worries me.

Copyright © 2010 Nephylim; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/25/2014 04:12 PM, Suvitar said:
Interesting beginning and looks like a intriguing story :*)
Thank you. This was written for NaNo, one year, and pretty much left as is, apart for a couple of run throughs. It's therefore quite rough, but I like it that way :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..