Jump to content
    ninioki
  • Author
  • 1,103 Words
  • 2,009 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Believe - 11. Chapter 11

SIAM POV

The moment the word left my mouth, I regretted it. Rusty extracted himself from my arms and flew across the room so fast you'd think I'd burnt him. I could feel his omega powers leaving me and I knew I'd hurt him. I should’ve just kept my mouth shut.

I dared to look up at him and what I saw there will forever hunt me. Pain, sorrow, love, disbelief were etched onto his face. I never knew a face could hold so many emotions and seeing them on Rusty's face broke my heart. I only wanted to show him I loved him enough to share my secret fear with him but I hurt him instead. I didn't even know what I did that really hurt him and I wanted to ask but he didn't give me the chance.

“You think I'll act the way she did!” It wasn't a question, it was a statement. I opened my mouth to tell him he was wrong, that it wasn't true, but all that came out of my mouth was nothing. I couldn't find the words to say anything no matter how hard I tried to force the words out. It felt like something was blocking my words and I would have continued fighting it if I didn't hear Rusty cry out.

I looked at him and tried to walk towards him. If I couldn't say it, I wanted to show him that he was wrong. That I trusted him with my life and I wasn't afraid to love anymore because of him. I reached out to him but I was immediately interrupted by Blaez barging in shouting.

“How come I didn't wake up to a 'hello Blaez, I FINALLY...” he stopped abruptly when he noticed the thick tension in the room. I immediately started going after him leaving Blaez completely dumbfounded in my room.

I knew he was going to be angry but he wasn't my top priority at the moment. Rusty was and will always be my number one priority especially when he's mad at me.

“Rusty, wait please,” I shouted as I ran after him. I could see he was running with all his might but I also knew I was faster than him and there was no way he'd outrun me. But that didn't mean it was going to be easy catching him.

He ran past some of the pack members who were scattered all over the house and that's when I noticed where he was headed. Without knowing it, he was headed for the rooftop. How he knew what turns to take was beyond me but there was no way I was going to let him get there so I ran faster and caught up with him.

I grabbed him and hoisted him on my shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He squirmed and yelled for me to let him go but I knew the moment I did, he'd bolt off again and I might be a predator but I was tired of playing chase.

I smacked his bum when he wouldn't calm down and went back to my room. I ignored all the amused/concerned stares we received and I was glad to find Blaez missing from my room when I got there. I set him down but not before I locked the door to prevent him for running off again. He glared at me with a pair of tear-filled eyes before he turned his head away.

I sighed and sat down on the bed. I really didn't know what to do now that I had him trapped in the same room with me and we both knew there was no way he was leaving the room anytime soon.

“Rusty, come here please,” I said.

He stiffened and turned to look at me. I could see he was trying hard to not obey me and while I hadn't used my Alpha voice on him, I was still his dominant and he had no other choice but to obey me.

He came towards me and stopped leaving too much space between us. I sighed and tapped the space beside me on the bed but he just pretended like he didn't see it and kept looking at his feet. I got up and I didn't miss his attempt to put more space between us now that I was standing and towering over him.

“Please Rust, hear me out okay,” I pleaded. I needed him to hear me out before I literally broke down. Ever since he ran out of the room, my wolf and I have trying hard to keep a leash on our emotions because we knew he didn't understand what running away from us meant. We

needed to clear up the misunderstanding before we couldn't handle the pain anymore.

“I never meant for you to think that I was comparing you to her. All I was trying to do when I told you about...that, was show you how much I cared for you and how much I trusted you. I really didn't mean that you were that woman because she was crazy and you're not. She was not nearly as beautiful as you and I wasn't interested in her. And she's a woman and you're clearly not. I really didn't mean anything by it and I really didn't mean to upset you and I'm going to stop talking now”

We stood there staring at each other for a while before Rusty started laughing. My heart soared at this beautiful sound. I also realized this was practically the first time in about a month that I had heard him laugh and it made me realize what I’ve been a terrible mate I’d been.

“Let me make it up to you,” I said advancing slowly towards him in fear of him bolting again, but this time he didn't seem to mind. “How about we go somewhere? Just the two of us,” I had him in my arms now and he had put his arms around my neck. “We can leave tonight and I’ll show you just how important you are to me,” I promised. I really wanted to right all my wrongs and I wanted to do things right this time. All I needed was his ok.

“Yes, I'd love that,” he beamed. I knew I had chosen the right words this time around. Whoever said love was easy was a fool. I believe love is the hardest thing in the world but I wasn't one to back down from a challenge and I wasn't going to start now.

"©Copyright 2014 ninio; All Rights Reserved."
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..