Jump to content
    ninioki
  • Author
  • 1,251 Words
  • 2,420 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Believe - 12. Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

 

UNKNOWN POV

 

I growled as I watched Siam and that mutt in the pack house. How could he forget everything? How could he move on? I wasn't going to let this go. Not after everything I've done. I was prepared to do whatever it took to make him mine and I gladly would.

I've never really left him alone since that night. I couldn't help the smile that came on my face when I remembered the way the moon lit up his beautiful face. The way his tears shone like pearls, kept haunting me day and night. He wasn't aware of my presence so I hadn’t seen his beautiful eyes focused on mine again, like they had that first night when we shared a connection in a moment that made it clear that I had to make him mine.

I couldn’t wait to see him looking at me like I was his world. To see fear and love reflecting in his eyes, in the moonlight, once again would be the ultimate high. But soon he’d be mine. It would happen soon. I just had to eliminate that mutt.

The moment I remembered that my Siam almost said those words to it, my smile evaporated and all I wanted was to do was tear that little red-headed waste of space to shreds. Since that night, I'd always been lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right time to claim my prize and then this dog, this slimy weak, sniveling omega, showed up and messed things up.

I was glad that I had left a part of my soul in him that night, thanks to the witch's power. I admit it had been rather impulsive on my part, but it let me be able to control him like I did when I stopped those three words from coming out of his mouth. Those words were meant for me and only me, for Siam belonged to me and no one else, not even his godforsaken “mate.” Siam belonged to me.

I watched them some more. I really wanted to smack that worm food. How dare he come close to what's mine, touch what's mine, sleep in his arms, be fed by and doted upon by my Siam? He had no right at all and when I got my hands on him, I'd make sure he suffered for his insolence before he died.

My phone vibrating brought me out of my thoughts. I looked at the screen and sighed. What did he want now? I hesitated before I answered and the moment I did I was glad I had.

“I was watching you to see if you'd pick up or not,” he said and I felt the hairs on my neck stand up. He knew I hated it when he snuck up on me but he still did it. He loved reminding me that despite the fact that I was a werewolf and he a human, he could still hide his presence from me and I found that really infuriating.

“What do you what? I told you not to call me.”

“What? No 'where are you, show yourself!' Wow you must really be upset,” he said as he hung up and came out of his hiding place. He had been really close too and the fact that he had gotten close enough to have killed me easily annoyed me even more.

I wanted to reach out and snap his neck like a twig, but I couldn't. If I did, I'd have to find another witch capable of giving me the same powers and that could take a while and I didn't have time to waste.

Finding a witch that could give me the power to separate souls, influence other wolves and make them my puppets and even control them from afar, was just going to delay my goal and I couldn't allow that to happen. I had to stop my Siam and that thing from mating.

“What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay away?” I snarled, barely containing my anger.

“I know and I've always listened and kept my distance but now something has changed,” he said, turning to look the way I was looking before he called me.

“What has changed?” I asked more calmly. I was curious now. It had to be something major for him to come here.

“I found what I've been searching for and it's right here in plain sight. I just had to come here and see it for myself. I saw it while I was consulting the elements and I couldn't stay away.”

I followed his gaze and saw that he was staring lovingly at that mutt! I couldn't understand but I knew not to ask because all he'd do is change the subject and I was already frustrated and I didn't need his yapping.

So the witch wanted the mutt. This complicated things, but as long as he kept that thing away from my Siam, then he could do what he wanted with it. Sadly, I’d not be able to have my fun making it pay, but the end result would be the same. Siam would be mine and that is what mattered. So, I asked something else. “You are still lending me your powers.”

Okay, I didn't ask, rather told him he would be and made sure he heard the threat in my voice. He got what I meant and he inclined his head before he disappeared. I turned and studied Siam's window again hoping to catch one last view of him before I changed into a wolf and ran. I needed to run to think and I didn't need any more interruptions.

I ran really hard and fast, using my “powers” to mask my presence and scent, pushing myself to exhaustion but it was wonderful. It had been so long since I ran like this and I really needed this. I left the territory and changed back, putting on some clothes I had left in my car and then I drove towards my den.

It was more a ramshackle little hut surrounded by thick trees on both side and a wide open path that enabled me to get there in my car. The outward appearance was just as I wanted it. I had remodeled the inside to suit my needs, but the outside looked derelict because I wanted to keep away strangers and it was the best way not to draw attention to the fact that someone was living here.

I went inside and locked the door behind me. I had things to do, people to contact and plans to make. There was no way I was letting Siam go and while I had wanted to wait until he was ready and the part of me in him had finished mixing with his soul, I knew I didn’t have that luxury of time anymore or I’d run the risk of his slipping through my fingers and that wasn’t an option.

I dialed a number on my phone and waited for the person on the other line to pick up.

“Hello,” the voice at the end of the line said.

“Tell them all, the time has come,” I said and then I hung up. I didn't need to hear his reply to know that he'd be running about doing what I told him to and making preparations. He knew what I meant. They all did. The time had indeed come and nothing could stop me except death. It was time for me to claim my mate.

 

"©Copyright 2014 ninio; All Rights Reserved."
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

i really hope you can finish this story. other than a problem in earlier chapters with line spacing, this is very enjoyable and you have me hooked.

 

mogwai

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/20/2015 01:48 PM, Kellen said:

Please continue this story. I find it rather intriguing.

Kellen.

thanks. i've been having some problems but now that i'm ok, i'll be picking up where i left off.

thanks again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/20/2016 07:25 AM, mogwhy said:

i really hope you can finish this story. other than a problem in earlier chapters with line spacing, this is very enjoyable and you have me hooked.

 

mogwai

i'm happy you like it

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..