Jump to content
    ninioki
  • Author
  • 2,205 Words
  • 2,957 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Believe - 2. Chapter 2

Boris POV

 

I was scared, and I was alone.

I couldn't explain how I came to find myself here, outside pack territory without my parents. I may be 18 years, old, but I’d never been anywhere outside the pack territory without an adult. As an omega, I was at the end of the lycan hierarchy but I was still an important member of my pack.

Omega wolves have the power to calm raging alphas and betas and that made me someone even though I had no idea how to use it yet.

All I remembered was falling asleep one night with a sudden urge to head south. But I ignored it and the next thing I knew I was standing in front of two very strong alpha male wolves. Being an omega made it easy for me to identify wolves that had the alpha gene in them and these two were clearly alpha wolves. They were also bigger than the average wild wolf making the fact that were shifters obvious. I was shocked but I was sure one of them was mine.

I acted on instinct and submitted to him. But I sensed that he was shocked and didn't know what to do or how to respond to me. The bigger wolf then bit his hind leg making him snap out of whatever trance he was in. It startled me making me want to do the one thing that really came easily to me. I wanted to run away. But before I could even lift a paw, the grey wolf had changed. This time around I didn't freeze, I turned around took off to hide in the woods.

"STOP!" he ordered and I couldn't do anything else, other than freeze with my paw in the midair like you usually see in cartoons. I was terrified as I slowly dropped my paw and turned around to face the man that had ordered me to stop.

Suddenly my mate was in the clearing between me and the other wolf who had the command of an Alpha, with his back turned towards me making me realize something. HE TRUSTED ME! And he didn't even know who I was.

This was the first time someone turned their back to me in trust and not in the usual way that said, "I know you wouldn't dare attack me, because you know I’d beat the shit out of you" and I loved that feeling. While I was basking in the wonderful glow of the feeling I got from the gift of being trusted that had been bestowed upon me, I heard the older Alpha call my mate ‘Siam’. What an unusual name I thought, but I loved it. I didn't even notice when he changed forms right there in front of me. He was human before I had time to really look at his wolf form, but that didn't stop me from knowing I liked what I saw.

I gazed upon the beautiful man that stood there and I immediately loved everything about him; I loved the way his eyes caught the sun and reflected the light making it look like little diamonds were trapped in them; I loved the way he smelled like a mixture of vanilla and chocolate, and oak and pine like the woods of my birthplace. He basically smelt like all the things I loved all mixed together in one individual. It was the best feeling I’d felt since my puppy years when all was care free and pleasant before my coming of age.

I snapped out of the sweet haze my thoughts had plunged me into in time to notice that the two Alphas had finished their conversation. The Alpha walked towards me and tried to reduce his Alpha energy, but didn't quite succeed. I wanted to slap myself for not having paid attention to what they said. What if they had plotted my demise? I wouldn't have seen it coming, since I was distracted by the mouth-watering sight in front me.

"Change, wolf, so that I can talk with you," he ordered. Siam actually growled at the man who I assumed was his father, seeing as he didn't attack him after Siam had practically challenged him. In packs, wolves that undermine their Alphas authority are killed without remorse. Even though Siam was an alpha wolf, it was clear who, out of the two of them, was THE Alpha.

The power in his voice was enough to make me change. I didn't feel the same way I felt when the other wolves in my pack commanded me to do it. I guess it was because for once, I didn't feel like someone was using me to prove that he was strong.

Suddenly, I felt a change in the air which was suddenly ten times thicker and it felt like it was suffocating me. I tried to resisted the urge to throw up but I couldn't help the whimper that escaped my quivering lips, which made Siam turn around to look at me. The moment we locked our eyes, I let him see the fear that was killing me inside. I heard the approaching wolf paws and I knew there was no way I could survive this if the Alpha or my mate didn't stop it and fast. I couldn't help but whimper again and this time I knew that Siam had heard me. Then it was like time stopped and the next thing I noticed, standing on all four paws where the human Siam had been, was his beautiful wolf form and, despite the fear I felt, he stole my breath away.

The approaching wolf paws sounded much closer than they had been and all I could see was my mate standing in front of me ready to fight his pack mates. From experience I knew that it wouldn't have a good outcome. I was sure that Siam would protect me from any and every danger he sensed I was in even if it meant killing and betraying his pack members who are considered siblings to a wolf. I don’t know how but I knew that the guilt he’d feel would be much worse than any physical injury he could receive. I couldn't let that happen. Not to my Siam.

I had to find a solution and fast, as even the older Alpha couldn't seem to calm Siam down at all and that was when I knew what to do. I couldn't order him to calm down seeing as I was no Alpha and only they could do such things. Submitting to him would only push him further into his madness as it made him more protective. It would only give him more power and reason to kill whoever challenged him or seemed to be a threat to me. I knew that the only thing left to do was to CALM DOWN myself. I'm an omega and that was my power and if I couldn't use it to help my mate then I was really useless. He was the alpha to my omega and I wanted to use my power to help him now when he needed it the most.

I tried finding a safe place where I could feel at peace, but I couldn't and I started to panic again. The wolves were approaching, Siam was prepared for battle, just to protect me, and his dad was not succeeding in calming him down. All I could do was panic and that made everything worse.

Siam's dad finally noticed me and approached. I thought he was going to get angry at me, seeing as I was the cause of this impending battle between pack members. When I saw that he had his hands held up in a peaceful manner, I knew he meant me no harm.

"You're his mate, so can't you reason with him?” He pleaded.

“I can’t, if I do that, all I’ll accomplish is to give him more reason to fight because I reek of fear. I'm so useless. I'm an omega and I can't even help my mate,” I said sobbing like a six year old pup. I felt so insignificant at that moment that all could do was cry. My rambling must have shocked the Alpha because when I looked at him, he was staring at my face as his mouth moved like a fish in water. He finally regained his posture and then he seemed to be deep in thought.

"You're an Omega!” He finally said after what was just a few seconds, but to me, felt like a really long time. He said it as if it just dawned on him what kind of a wolf I was. When I just kept staring at him, he continued…

"Well, calm yourself and concentrate on the danger to him and do what Omegas do to help my son, and your mate, calm down before he does something that I am sure he'll regret later," he said to me in a way that was meant to be calm, but implied doing that was easy and that made me feel angry and stupid. The frustration with everything that was going on caught up with me and suddenly I snapped.

“I DON'T KNOW HOW!" I yelled at him and suddenly Siam was there, baring his teeth. This made his dad take a few steps back.

“I guess me shouting didn't get the job done, huh?” I tried being sarcastic to lighten the mood.

“No kidding,” his dad replied in a tone that said jokes weren't helping as his son stood there challenging him. I understood that when your son was challenging you, the Alpha, you wouldn't want any jokes thrown at you. I had only been trying to calm myself by using humor.

I looked at the white wolf in front of him, and tried desperately to find a way to help him, and then I had an idea. If it didn't work, I’d come away with a torn arm, but if it did, I’d come away with my mate, with both of us still in one piece.

I walked till I was beside Siam and then put my hand out till my fingers brushed his fur. I knew from experience that my touch could calm even a mad wolf but I had never willingly used my influence on anyone. At that very moment, my lack of practice didn't matter. I had to help Siam. I steadied my trembling fingers and gave a silent prayer to the heavens. If only I had been a little more ... something, maybe this wouldn't have happened. By now ten wolves were present but I could hear more on their way. This didn't bother me as much as it should have because right now I had something more important to do than worry about wolves who wanted to tear me apart.

"Maintenant ou jamais," I said in my native tongue, as I let out the breath that I hadn't even been aware I was holding in.

I then placed my hand on his magnificent pure white fur and everything seemed to stop. I mean one minute I was standing next to him, surrounded by enraged wolves the next moment I was still standing beside him but we are alone.

“Where am I?” I asked myself only to hear another voice respond to me.

“You are in my head. Here no one can hurt you, not even yourself.”

“Siam, I don't understand.”

“No need to. You are safe here.”

I liked feeling safe but I knew that it wasn't possible right now. We needed to wake up from this dream, or whatever it was because our bodies were in danger of being shred into pieces. At least my body was. I was the stray wolf on a pack land without permission.

“Siam, we need to wake up right now."

“We are not asleep,” he replied and I could hear the laughter in his tone. I wanted to scream and say that it wasn't my fault and that I didn't know what this was, but he continued talking “Why do you want to go back? You are in danger out there.”

“Siam, I am not in danger. You are the one in danger of killing pack members if you don't snap out of this craziness and wake up,” I said raising my voice more than I wanted to.

My loud voice got to him and the next thing I knew, we were back in the real world. Siam had changed back to his human form and I leaned into him. He put his arm around me and inhaled my scent through my hair. Only then did I dare to look up and what I saw wasn't what I expected. The wolves that were growling before were now humans who stared at Siam and I. The shocking part was that instead of hostile looks, they looked upon us with love and care.

Suddenly I felt really tired and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. And that's exactly what I did. I closed my eyes and dosed off, even as I leaned against my mate. I heard someone ask one last question.

"What the hell just happened?”

thanks Dr3amer, shadowdancer and Cannd for your help. 
have fun reading smile.png
"©Copyright 2014 ninio; All Rights Reserved."
  • Like 23
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..