Jump to content
    ninioki
  • Author
  • 1,279 Words
  • 1,480 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Believe - 16. Chapter 16

this is more like a filler chapter. real drama starts next chapter and after that, we'll be closer to the end.

Chapter 16

Why? Why? That question just kept trotting in my head. I’d done everything right. I’d followed the boy ever since that night, kept close enough but not too close, and most importantly I’d waited. I’d waited for the right moment to claim him. but that little mutt just had to appear and ruin everything for me.

He’d stolen my one and only mate from me. I’d finally forged the right way to claim him and now I couldn’t because he was now tied to that little bitch.

“Your anger was always your weakness you know. Even that night, your anger made you lose your prize.”

He always knew to appear when he was least wanted. And right now, that was an understatement.

“She was nothing. He is everything.”

“Ah, you were always like that.” He sighed. The bloody witch! What did he know? Nothing, that’s what. He’d never wanted to possess those that deserved to be possessed and he’d even given up his once chance at having something special. He was weak.

“I’m not you. I’m not weak.” I said to him turning away and looking at the bodies of those worthless minions that had failed to do what I wanted them to do.

“Worthless... all of them”

They had ruined my plans for getting my mate and now I had to think of a way to get him away from that ring before more damage was done to him.

“You know you could just give up and move away with me.”

I ignored him. I wasn’t going to listen to his rubbish. He was always saying the same thing. Just because I slept with him a few times in the past did not mean I was going to claim him as my mate.

“I already have a mate and it is not you”

“I know,” he said and a while later I heard the tell-tale sound of him disappearing.

He was useful. But if he kept pissing me off, I might have to find a replacement for him. I turned my head away from the bodies and walked towards my shed. I would have to move in order to avoid suspicion falling on me when the bodies of these rogues were found.

I wanted to wait for him. I wanted him to be ready. I wanted him to understand that all I did was done for him. I wanted him to know that what we have is better than anything that ever was and ever will be.

But the time for that was gone. I had thought I still had time but that mutt had almost accomplished his evil. I would have to get rid of him and get what was mine back. Everything must be returned to their rightful place.

**********************************************************************************

Siam POV

As I sat in the kitchen around my mother mahogany table where she herself used to sit around tea time to tell me all sorts of stories that, at that time, shaped up the majority of the world for me, I watched through the window, as my mate played with the little kids in the garden and felt like my life finally meant something. Not in the sense that I had been drifting before I met him, but more in the sense that I finally discovered that life could get so much better than it ever was.

Everyone around me had noticed that I smiled more, was more patient with others and that I was just happier in general. I finally understood why people tended to wish to find that one person that they could love unconditionally and receive unconditional love from.

It was eye-opening to wake up every day and wish I could blurt out those words that I knew Rusty was dying to hear. I wanted to say them but every time I tried, something just blocked them from coming out. I could think them, want to say them but they never came out of my mouth. No matter how hard I tried. It was frustrating.

I thought about telling someone about it, but I didn’t want them to tell me that it was due to my long aversion to love. I knew it wasn’t. Meeting my mate made everything clearer in my head. That woman never loved her mate. And although it was true that it was the love her mate had for her that killed her, he was not to blame. Rusty showed me that what that man said to me that night was wrong. Love doesn’t kill. Love Heals. And his love didn’t only heal me, it made me a better person.

“Siam, if you stare longer, he’d go up in flames,” Blaez said taking a seat next to me around the table. Turning to look at the handsome man that had been my companion in many ways in the past, I couldn’t help but wish he had someone too. If there was anyone who deserved to be happy, it was him. in a way, it felt like he was my first love. I didn’t love him the same way I loved rusty but if I had ever allowed myself to open my heart, I could have fallen for Blaez.

“Why are you staring? If someone saw you, they’d think you were in love with me,” he joked.

“I could have fallen for you if I wasn’t closed off back then,” I said looking at him.

He kept smiling at me but I noticed the way his eyes got all watery and the way his hands grabbed a hold of the table tightly almost as if, if he let go, he’d crumble.

I pried his hands off the table and noticed the dents he’d made in it. I could hear the others going about their businesses; I could hear the kids screaming and laughing, I could hear rusty laughing along with them, I could hear some teens playing video games in the den and the adults present in the house chatting in the backyard.

He kept looking at me with those watery eyes and I watched as the first tear escaped from his stormy grey eyes. That was my cue as I drew him to me and he started sobbing. I couldn’t make out much of what he was saying, and I could feel his tears drenching my blue shirt but all I cared about at that moment was making him feel better.

I don’t know for how long we stayed there, him crying on my shoulder and me patting his back, not saying anything, just being there for him. Eventually, he stopped crying and only let out little hiccups as I rubbed his back.

“I’m sorry I got your shirt wet.”

“Never mind that. You were always there for me and so it is just right that I am here for you.”

He smiled at me and I smile back. Right then I knew that we would not have any awkward moments between us any longer.

“Let's join the others before they come in here and start badgering me.”

We walked out to join the others in the garden. I saw Blaez go and join his brother and mate and I saw the way their heads turned towards me a minute later. I smiled when I notice Cuan send me a thumbs up.

I sat down next to my mate, wrapping my arms around him. he leaned into me but kept his attention on the little cub he was playing with. I couldn’t wait until we had a cub of our own but that was a bridge to be crossed when we got there.

"©Copyright 2014 ninio; All Rights Reserved."
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hope you're OK. Would be interested in seeing how you intended this one to finish, some day.

Edited by Bard Simpson
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..