Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

It All Started With A Shuttle Flight 1. The Westward Confederation Series The Westward Confederation Universe

   (3 reviews)
It All Started With a Shuttle Flight GA Ver2.jpg

     Follow the story of Marc Alexander of Alexander Industrials. Citizen of the Westward Confederation as he navigates a teenager's life hardships, family legends and corporation responsibilities, relationships, dangers and adventures.  Legends and pirates be damned. 

    Mature Content. There are definitely scenes that require the use of the Violence, Sensitive Content, and Sexual Content tags. If you feel this may make you uncomfortable, please don't read.
Copyright © 2024 P. E. Knapp; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 9
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 12
  • Chills 6
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 6
  • Humor 8
  • Smoldering 7
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 11

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • P. Prologue
    • 1,221 Words
    • 1,762 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 2,334 Words
    • 1,164 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 2,904 Words
    • 1,042 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 2,980 Words
    • 941 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 3,544 Words
    • 983 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 3,066 Words
    • 857 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 2,930 Words
    • 799 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 3,540 Words
    • 710 Views
    • 4 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 3,284 Words
    • 775 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 3,013 Words
    • 601 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 3,050 Words
    • 724 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 3,237 Words
    • 700 Views
    • 17 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 3,287 Words
    • 653 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 3,405 Words
    • 642 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 5,044 Words
    • 683 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 3,323 Words
    • 741 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 16. Chapter 16
    • 3,171 Words
    • 654 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 17. Chapter 17
    • 2,716 Words
    • 591 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 18. Chapter 18
    • 3,598 Words
    • 629 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 19. Chapter 19
    • 4,126 Words
    • 585 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 20. Chapter 20
    • 4,157 Words
    • 573 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 21. Chapter 21
    • 3,934 Words
    • 645 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 22. Chapter 22
    • 4,442 Words
    • 545 Views
    • 14 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

centexhairysub

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Really enjoyable first book in what I hope will be a long and fruitful series.  The characters are what drew me into this story and what held onto me throughout.

The story is interesting, sort of a western meets outer space feel, but it actually works better than you might think.

I do think a some of the chapters need to be edited, not for content as much as for flow issues; and the author has a forum page, and somethings are discussed there that need to find a way into the story to help those readers that like reading the stories but will never take the time to visit the forum and get the information there.

If you are a fan of this style of sci-fi, you will find this a truly enjoyable read.  I feel the promise is strong with this story, that the subsequent ones will be even better.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review @centexhairysub!

Yes, You are correct and I am working the edits into the series and trying to drop them into the future books to make them individual as well as part of the series. Still looking for Beta's and Editor too...lol

 

  • Love 3
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Confession time here -- I like science fiction.  Not all of it -- but this type which has a great blend of adventure, romance, unfolding storylines, related but not always obvious at first, and good characterization.

The depth of training Marc Alexander has becomes obvious as the story progresses; yet he retains a tremendous ability to think outside the normal boxes without it seeming ridiculously fantastical.  I can think of only a few authors who can have that achievement.

There is a forum which sometimes answers questions relating to characters, customs, titles, and more, without bogging the story down.

Looking forward to quite a few stories in this series.

Response from the author:

Thanks @ReaderPaul for taking the time to write a review. 

And you are correct about the forum. It's a toss-up between adding the information or not, into the story. I should have done that sooner, but it literally got lost in the editing.

The unfolding story lines are also a product of writing backwards, as book 4 was to be the original beginning, I know where the story is going and there have been changes to book 1 that have created new chapters for book 4. 

(yet he retains a tremendous ability to think outside the normal boxes without it seeming ridiculously fantastical) - The product of having been in the military once upon a time. I have seen and lived on warships. have knowledge of different military equipment, sea, air and land based. I use that knowledge as the base for creating the ships and craft I write about. I understand the science and how it can be used. No need for magic or fantasy to make this storyline good. May I use that in a different story? *Shrugs* I honestly don't know until I write it. 

  • Love 2
Link to review
akascrubber

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is an interesting story that introduces Marc Alexander who learns and trains on various ships . He is a young bright talented and insightful person who is part of the main family that owns the corporation with many interests that controls a huge area of space and has a substantial fleet of ships. He could be the next head of the corporation in 100 years depending on what happens. You will meet a range of characters and family members and a man who becomes his love interest for a while. Marc dreams of his fated Mate and has not met him yet. I expect he will meet his mate in a future story.

I am looking forward to reading  the following books.

Response from the author:

Thanks @akascrubber for taking the time to write a review!

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..