Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,909 Words
  • 1,404 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Deep Space Adventures - 5. DSA Chapter 5

“Your Serine Highness, it is an honour to meet you,” Mrs Otterman said as she curtsied, while the boys bowed. “Thank you for taking great care of my oldest son, we have been worried about his safety since he went missing,” my mother said.

“It was my honour, your highness, with his memory loss, we had no idea who he was, we just presumed that he was climbing higher to find a good vantage spot to watch the parade, and it was only after, he was looking at that photo of the Star Voyager crew, that his memory began to return,” Mrs Otterman replied.

“I will be back soon, please following the crew’s directions, and I will see you shortly,” I said to Otterman’s, as I followed mother deeper into the shuttle. “I have set up your clothes, have a good wash, and I will speak to you when you are suitably dressed,” my mother instructed me.

“Mother, I want the Otterman’s to be given the best of everything while they are my guests, including a set of new clothing for all three of them, as a gesture of thanks for what they have done to help me,” I said, as I walked into my assigned cabin. “Very well son, I will get right onto it,” my mother replied before closing the door.

After a long hot shower, I dressed in a suit along with a red sash, and a long black and gold cape, before stepping out of the cabin, where my mother was waiting, “Is this on right, I feels very strange,” I said to my mother, as she approached, and she made a few adjustments, before stepping back and smiling.

“Looking very dashing my son, you will make some young man very proud and happy,” my mum said which caught me by surprise, “Close your mouth dear,” she added. “You know?” I asked her, still in shock, “Yes son, a mother always knows little things like that, and I saw how young Isnyl was looking at you,” she replied.

“We are just friends, although I do know the he is the same as me, two spirits as I heard someone say on Earth,” I responded, “Yes dear, now go and spend a little bit of time with your friends, we will be landing in about twenty minutes, and I will have one of the crew assist the Otterman family to some quarters in the palace,” Mum said to me, and I nodded my head before heading towards the passenger seating area of the shuttle.

“Wow, look at you now, looking very regal, err Sir,” Isnyl said when he noticed me, and I chuckled. “Thanks, my friend, it is not quite what I am used to, with all the extra bits, although at the private school that I attend on Earth, we have to wear a suit and tie every school day,” I responded.

“What is a tie?” Houny asked me, and I smiled, “It is a piece of material that wraps around the neck and tied with a special knot, to secure it, as part of formal wear on special occasions, or as his Highness stated at private schools like the one he attends,” Mrs Otterman explained.

“We will be landing in less than twenty minutes, and when we do, I will be going with my mother to meet my uncle, the Emperor, this young man behind me, his name is Othsyt, and he will be taking you to guest quarters in the palace.

Once you have quickly settled in, tailors will be arriving to measure you all up and fit you into some new clothes, to wear for the ceremony, and are yours to keep. When you are dressed and ready, Othsyt will take you to your seating place for the ceremony.

Afterwards, you will be taken to the banquet hall for the celebration meal, where I will get to spend some time with you, just relax and enjoy the experience, and I will see you al later,” I said to the Ottremyn family before heading back to the front of the shuttle, and I entered the flight control cabin.

“Your highness, how may we help you,” the chief pilot said when I entered, “Just wanted to say hello, and thank you for coming to collect me,” I replied, “It is our pleasure sire,” the pilot said before I exited the cabin and I went and sat with my mother in the Executive seating lounge.

Once we had landed, Mother and I exited the shuttle from the forward door, and a vehicle was waiting for us, to take us directly to the palace, where my father, brother and Uncle were all waiting. Once I had assured my family, that I was fine and fully recovered from my mishap, my uncle and I went to his office for a talk, where I was informed of what will happen during the ceremony.

After the talk, I re-joined the rest of the family to relax for a while, before a palace staff member came to inform us that it was time to go to the ceremony, and my family were sent to take their seats, while I joined my Uncle, and we made the traditional royal entrance into the great hall.

“You’re looking pale nephew, relax and remember to breath,” I heard my uncle say to me telepathically, for the first time, which caught me off guard at first and I turned and smiled to my uncle, “Yes Uncle,” I replied in the same way, and he nodded and smiled back.

When we entered, the great hall was packed full of people, and to one side about halfway along I spotted the Otterman family, where are now dressed in some very fine clothing, although Houny was scratching a little, as I smiled to them, before facing the front again, as I made my way to the front with my uncle beside me.

When the ceremony was finally over, and with a small golden crown on my head, which has seven loops with a flame like shape on the top of each loop with the band of the crown being about thirty centimetres wide, and a single deep blue coloured sapphire marked the front of the crown, to match the colour of my eyes.

Once it was all over, and the family was in one of the lounge room, the crown was carefully taken off, and I was permitted to have a closer look at it, before it was packed away in a case and returned to the family jewels safe, deep below the palace, and the rest of the family left the room, so my uncle could speak to me.

“Now that the official ceremony is over, we have a short time before we gather at the banquet hall for the celebration meal and entertainment. I want to ask you a few things, firstly, I am guessing that you would like to continue your studies in England on Earth?” my Uncle said to me.

“Yes Uncle, I would like to continue studying there,” I replied, “Good to hear, now your little mishap as you call it, may have come at a good time. Tell me about your friend Isnyl?” Uncle asked me, “He is the oldest of two boys and his father was part of the original Star Voyager crew, so he is half Earthling, like myself, and in the short time we have known each other we have become good friends,” I replied.

“Your mother has informed me that you are of two sprits, which I am glad, as it means you will be a kind and caring ruler someday,” my uncle said to me telepathically, “Tell me, would you mind if we arranged for Isnyl to join you at your school, to be your protector?” Uncle added verbally, which surprised me, “Yes Uncle, that would be great, if the school will allow it, but they have some very strict entrance requirements at that school,” I replied.

“I am sure that we will be able to come to some sort of agreement with them. So, tell me, when does the school term recommence?” my uncle asked, “I am not sure what the date is in England at the moment, but it is the 16th of January when second Term commences,” I replied.

“Well, we had better get you both packed and ready to go,” Uncle said to me, as he pressed a button, and a palace staff member entered, “Bring him in please,” Uncle said and shortly after Isnyl entered the room, and he snapped to attention and bowed. “Your Imperial Majesty, it is a great honour to meet you,” Isnyl said, and Uncle waved him to come forward, and I indicated to Isnyl to sit beside me.

“Relax, you are doing fine, just be prepared for a huge change in your life my friend,” I whispered to him. “But I am scared, what is going to happen to me?” Isnyl said telepathically which surprised both of us, and Uncle gave a short laugh, “Good, I am glad that you have telepathy, that will assist you greatly young Isnyl,” Uncle said.

“You are coming with me, back to Earth, to act as my protector, while we continue our studies at a private school in a place called England, which also has a royal family,” I said to Isnyl, who’s eyes went wide in surprise.

“What about my mother and brother?” Isnyl asked, “They will be well looked after, as mother of the Crown Prince’s protector, she and your brother will be allocated an apartment in the capital city, where your brother will attend a proper school, and your mother can so as she pleases with her spare time.

We were not aware that the widow and children of Karl Otterman were in the capital, if we had, then life may have been a lot easier for you all. Your mother will be permitted to sell the farm to her neighbours, as there will be no need for you to live in a remote location any more.

Now as protector of the Crown Prince, you will need to choose an Earth first name, as Maenyl has done,” my uncle said to Isnyl, “How about Isaac, Ivan or Ian?” I suggested, “I like Isaac best, that is the name I will choose,” Isnyl responded. “Good, now I presume that you have been taught the Earth language by your father?” my uncle asked, “I… I have Sire, not good but, since Papa died, I not practiced much,” Isnyl said in broken English.

“That is fine, you will have a few days to catchup on that while travelling, I will leave you to go and get ready for departure, that is all for now,” my uncle said and we both stood, bowed and stepped back a few paces, before turning and leaving the room.

“Wow, I am going to Earth, and I will be with you all the time, that is great,” Isnyl said to me, “Speak in English, you need to practice,” I replied, in English and he nodded his head, as we headed for where the Otterman’s are staying. “Hello Mrs Otterman, I guess you know what is happening?” I said in English, when we entered the living area of their quarters, “Yes, sire, and a lot of clothing and luggage cases have arrived for Isnyl,” she replied.

Copyright Preston Wigglesworth, Jan 2020 All Rights Reserved
  • Like 9
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. Crown Prince Maeynl has his coronation and is going to return to earth to continue his studies with Isynl as his protector. Isynl will take the name Issac on Earth and his family will move into the capital city on Ganymede.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

So Isnyl will become Isaac; let's hope he gets up to date quickly with his English, after all, bullies are everywhere in the English public school system.

Glad to see that the family will be in a better shape after this encounter, and not have to work quite as hard.  Although moving up a level and going to school will not be as easy as some would think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..