Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,420 Words
  • 1,412 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Deep Space Adventures - 7. DSA Chapter 7

“Ow, let me go, you, you…” “Would you like to continue with what you were going to say and end up expelled from the college, or will you remain silent,” the headmaster said interrupting the boy, as the lady let go of his ear and exited the room.

“Well Hargraves, what do you have to say for yourself, you know you are in quite a lot of trouble,” the headmaster said to the boy who was rubbing his very sore ear. “I will apologise to Ms Elliot when I leave sir,” the boys said eventually.

“Maybe you could leave him with me headmaster, I am sure some time with me at my former home would sort him out?” Lucas said to the headmaster, and all three smiled broadly at the threat. “Your former home sir? Where may that be?” the boy squeaked out nervously.

“You tell me Mr Hargraves; you are the one who was caught with your ear at the door?’ Lucas said and he looked at the headmaster who indicated for him to continue, as he sat down to enjoy the moment, as did the two masters. “Look at me boy, when I am speaking to you,” Lucas boomed, making the senior student jump in fright.

“All I heard sir, was something to do with a Mason and Isaac, and the only Mason I know is the new boy Mason Lenegan, I think is last name is, sir,” the boy replied, and Lucas began to pace back and forth in front of the boy, who was clearly shaking in fright.

“You know headmaster, I have just had a brilliant idea, why not make Mr Hargraves here, the two boys in question’s head protector, that way if anything should happen to either one of them, it will be him that will get the blame,” Lucas suggested.

“I like the idea Mr Durham, but can he be trusted?” the headmaster asked as he looked at the other two masters, “I am not sure sir, his grades have been slipping a little this year,” the undermaster replied. “Hmm, true, but maybe a little bit more responsibility may help him to improve,” the Headmaster responded, as the students head moved from one speaker to the next.

“Please sir, whatever it is, I can be trusted, not matter what it is,” the boy squeaked again, “Do you have tight underpants on, boy? You seem to be squeaking all the time?” Lucas asked the boy with his nose just inches away, and the boy swallowed, and all three masters briefly laughed at the joke, “No sir, Mr Durham sir, it’s just my voice, when I get very nervous,” the boy replied, as Lucas stepped away.

“You helped to carry those crates up here, what do you think is inside them Hargraves?” the headmaster asked, and Lucas could see that he was enjoying this. “I don’t know sir, maybe lead, by the feel of it,” the boys replied, “Lead… What on earth… would the college want with lead?” one of the masters asked, as he smiled at the way he said it.

Which brought chuckles from Lucas, and the other two masters joined in. “I’m not sure sir, but it was extremely heavy,” the boy replied. “Ok Mr Hargraves, we have a very special and top-secret job for you, that you must not speak of to anyone, not teachers, staff, students, parents, family or friends, not one single person, and not even your pet monkey if you have one. Do you understand me Mr?” Lucas said to the boy who swallowed hard again, before nodding his head.

“Good, now that is cleared up, let me introduce you formally to Ambassador Lucas Durham, a representative of the United Republic of Planets and the Sahndrol Empire,” the headmaster announced, and once again the boy swallowed and his eyes went very wide is shock.

“Take a seat Mr Hargraves, before you fall down,” Lucas suggested, and the boy obeyed. “As you said before, you heard us mention the name Mason and Isaac, and you are correct Mason is a year 8 student at this college. What you do not know, and this is to remain top secret is that Mason Lenegan is, His Royal Highness, Crown Prince of Sahndrol, and Isaac is his appointed protector, while they both attend this college” Lucas announced, and the student’s face went ghost white.

“Wow… Sir… that is one that came out of the blue, so to speak, I have only met him a few times last term, and he seems like a quiet kid, but he can stand up for himself no problems. Comes from Bermuda, if I remember right,” Hargraves said eventually.

“That is correct, his family does live there, not that far from the new UN complex actually, it is a nice place to visit for a holiday,” Lucas said smiling, and the headmaster cleared his throat to get Lucas back on track.

“Yes anyway, Isaac who is also half Earthling like Mason, is a little rusty with his English, and may slip into their native language which is called Drol, the Crown Prince is assisting him with getting him back into speaking English as they travel back from Ganymede.

They should arrive back on Earth a few days before school commences next week. Now here is the bit that might be beneficial if you do a good job of protecting the Crown Prince and keeping their identities secret.

As a reward, you will have the opportunity of taking a trip into space, maybe just to the Lunar Station on the moon,” Lucas announced, “Wow, that is incredible, and yes sir thank you, I will do my very best to keep them both safe,” Hargraves responded.

“Good, now after class times, and when you are not playing sports or sleeping or doing home studies, you will be required to keep a close eye on them both, understood?” the headmaster said to the senior boy. “Yes sir,” Hargraves said smiling, “Any questions?” the Headmaster asked, “Just one sir,” Hargraves said before looking over in the direction of the two crates.

Lucas smiled and he walked over to one of the crates and unlocked it, before pulling out a 10-ounce bar of gold, and he placed it in the boy’s hands. “That answer your silent question Mr Hargraves?” Lucas asked and the boy nodded his head as he stared wide eyed at the bar in his hands.

“How much?” Hargraves asked with a squeak, “You are holding ten ounces, but not a word to anyone about this understood,” Lucas said and the boy nodded his head again as he handed the gold back to Lucas, who returned it to the crate, closing the lid and locking it again.

“You may need to feed him some oil to stop the squeaking noise, headmaster,” Lucas said, which made the boy blush deeply and the four men laughed. “This is my business card, if you have any questions, just call me, I will usually be on Sahndrol Islands in the North Atlantic ocean or at the UN complex, which is either one or four hours ahead of London, enter the number and list it as Durham, then destroy the business card,” Lucas said to the student.

Hargraves accepted the card and immediately entered the number into his phone before handing the card back to Lucas with a big grin, and Lucas just shook his head, “Things are just going so fast these days,” Lucas commented as he put his business card away.

“Thank you Hargraves, you can go now,” the Headmaster said, and the lad stood up and faced Lucas, “Ambassador, you can trust me with this job, I can do it,” he said, as he shook hands, before leaving the office. Once the senior boy had left the office, Lucas smiled, “Well that went well,” he commented.

“Yes, very entertaining thank you Ambassador, I haven’t laughed that much in one day, in a very long time,” the headmaster replied, with the other two men nodding in agreement. “Well I must be off soon, I am staying in London for a night, then back to Bermuda, to make sure their arrival runs smoothly,” Lucas said. “Shall I call a cab for you Ambassador?” the Headmaster asked, “No thanks I have a Limo nearby waiting,” Lucas replied.

Once settled into his hotel suite in London, early that evening, Lucas sent a message to Sahndrol Island, which was re -transmitted out into deep space.

Copyright Preston Wigglesworth, Jan 2020 All Rights Reserved
  • Like 13
  • Love 11
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. Rather than the Senior boy Hargreaves getting any punishment he is made Head Protector to Mason and Issac. He's told if things go well he will get a trip into space. Looking forward to the next chapter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I’m sure that Mr Hargreaves will do the best job he can within his ability to do so. I’m glad that he didn’t get into trouble for eavesdropping instead he is made to be the Head Protector with the promise that if he does a good job he may get to go into space. I’m awaiting the next chapter, thanks for the great story quokka. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Will this student prove to be worthy of the new job he has been given; or will be betray the trust given to him; only time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..