Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,754 Words
  • 1,803 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Deep Space Adventures - 9. DSA Chapter 9

“Once again, I wish only to speak to you, and what is his native language?” the officer said, as the other officer indicated for Isaac to follow him to the next counter. “Maybe you should look at our passports, before you start getting too heavy-handed officer,” I suggested to him.

“Right, that is it not more speaking until I ask you a question, got it sonny?” the officer said to me, with his face close to mine, and I glanced over to Isaac who showed that there was fear in his eyes. “Stay calm and pretend that you do not understand, just use mixed hand gestures,” I said to Isaac, and I saw him nod his head slightly in understanding.

“Don’t look at him, look at me sonny, now where is your god damn passport,” the officer demanded, as he shoved me against the counter. “Is there a problem here Officer Torres?” a lady said as she approached, “I am trying to inform this officer that he needs to look at my passport before he gets to heavy handed, and as a result of his roughing me this way, I have dropped the passport at my feet, as is my friends passport,” I said directly to the lady.

“Don’t look at her, I was speaking to you not her,” the man said to me as he shoved me hard against the counter, and pulled my arms tighter behind my back, and the lady bent down and picked up both passports, and when she saw the UROP logo on a Diplomatic passport, her eyes opened up wide, and she opened up my passport and then looked at me.

“Officer Torres, did you bother to ask for this young man’s passport before you started verbally abusing him, and shoving him, because if you had, you would have noticed that he carries a diplomatic passport, as does his friend, now release them both at once, and both of you report to my office upstairs immediately,” the lady said.

The officer yanked my arm upwards harder before releasing me, and as he did, I could feel something bad happen to my shoulder, and I collapsed to the floor in agony. “Are you alright sir?” the lady said to me, and I tried to move my left arm, but it would not move, “No, he has busted my arm or shoulder,” I replied as I clenched my teeth to try and relieve the pain.

“Right, Officer Torres, you are hereby suspended from work duties until further notice, log off and go home,” the lady said to the officer, who growled at me before storming off, as Isaac rushed over to me, to try and help me as best as he could. “Hosp… hospital, now!” Isaac said to the lady, and seeing Isaacs concern for me, she called for a medical team to this area of the airport terminal.

Pulling out my mobile phone out of my jacket pocket, Isaac searched the directory and called a number, and in Drol he said that I was hurt and that he needs more help, and he listened for a moment, before putting the phone to my ear, “Hello,” I croaked, “Sire, where are you? as I was held up in the aircraft,” I heard Lucas say over the phone, 1st class customs,” I replied before things blacked out.

When I came too, I could hear Lucas, “Prince Mason, who did this to you?” I heard him say, “Officer, Officer Torres… she sent him home,” I replied, before losing consciousness again. “I don’t care if you sent him home, I want him arrested and charged with assaulting a protected person,” I heard Lucas say to the female customs officer, “Protected? Why is he a protected person, when he looks to be only about thirteen years old,” I heard the lady say.

“Lady” I called out softly, and I indicated for her to come closer… I am the Crown Prince Of Sahndrol, these two are my protectors, do as they say, or there will be hell to pay,” I said slowly, and I saw the ladies face go white, from shock at what I had said to her, and she looked at Lucas who smiled and nodded his head to confirm what I had said.

“I want this area clear of all persons except yourself and these medics that are approaching, you are to detain that officer who assaulted the Crown Prince and charge him, as I said before, now do as I say,” Lucas said, and I smiled, before everything went black again.

When I woke up again, I was warm and I was in a room, and looking around the room, I realised that I was back home in Bermuda in my own bedroom. “Hello Sire, I am so glad to see you awake,” Isaac said to me, and I groaned as my shoulder ached. “Stay still son, I will get some more medication for you, then I will bring you some soup to eat, as you have been asleep for over two days now,” I heard my mother say.

While recovering from a torn shoulder ligament, which will take six to eight weeks to heal, I learnt, that the officer who had injured me, had lost his job, and was charged with causing my injuries and is currently spending 18 months in Prison, the officer who detained Isaac was reprimanded, demoted, and allowed to keep his job, but was on probation for a period of two years.

After a week, I was permitted to leave my bedroom, and I would have my arm in a sling for another 6 weeks, so my father arranged for a tutor from my old school to come and tutor us, so we didn’t fall behind in our studies, and this gave Isaac more of a chance to learn a lot more about life on Earth, before being bombarded to much with questions from the other boys at the school in England, if we ever get there.

By the end of the second week, after much discussions with my parents, it was decided that I would remain at Bermuda, and return to my old school, as soon as my shoulder is healed enough to not cause any pain. Isaac’s English was improving, and he was slowly getting used to being on Earth, where things are so much different than on Ganymede.

It was in this same second week of recovery when the news broke in the media in the UK, about me being assaulted, with the Border force officer claiming wrongful arrest, and saying that the person hurt was accidental, and that I was not a protected person.

After some convincing, I arranged to have a media conference at the UN Building, the following morning, and that my mother would accompany me. The arranged media conference would also include the New Zealand Ambassador to the UN, and URP Ambassador Lucas Durham, who would fly over to Bermuda in the early hours of the morning, from the Sahndrol Islands.

When the time arrived for the media conference, four of us entered from a side entrance, “Please stand for Serene Highness, Princess Nahtliya Lenegan, her son the Crown Prince, Lord Mason Lenegan, His Excellency the New Zealand Ambassador and His Excellency the URP Ambassador,” someone called out as we entered, and I was surprised to see that everyone in the room stood.

Once on the small stage area, I motioned for everyone to sit. “For those who do not know me, my name is Mason Lenegan, Crown Prince of Sahndrol, many of you have met my father’s former crew mate from the Star Voyager flight into deep space, Ambassador Durham, and my mother, who filled in for my Uncle with Royal duties while he was not available.

I am here today to clear up some misinformation, that has been broadcasted by the media in the United Kingdom. A week ago, I arrived at Heathrow airport, along with my protectors, and while at the Custom’s counter, the former Custom’s officer, started getting verbally and physically aggressive to me, and I suggested that he look at my passport, before starting being heavy handed.

When a Customs supervisor arrived to enquire about the disruption the former custom’s officer was causing, I explained everything to her, and when speaking to this lady, the former custom’s officer, once again pushed me hard against the counter, as the lady supervisor picked up my fallen passport,” I explained and I pulled out my passport from my jacket, to show them the front cover.

“As you can see, it is a legal URP Diplomatic Passport, and when the supervisor saw this, she ordered the former custom’s officer to release me as I have a diplomatic passport. This is when the former Custom’s officer shoved my arm high behind my back, which caused a torn shoulder ligament, and I collapsed to the floor in pain and soon after I blacked out.

This is what really happened at Heathrow airport, and was presented at the court hearing, along with security camera footage, which caught everything that happened. The former Custom’s officer, is saying these false accusations, to try and get a review of his sentence, which is 18 months, which I consider a very light sentence, considering that I am only 13 years old, and thus I am a minor, as well as being a diplomatic protected person,” I stated, before stepping back, and my mother approached the podium.

“Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, my son has presented you with the truth of what really happened, so I suggest that you pressure those media companies who published total lies, and in the meantime, I will be asking our Ambassador here, Mr Lucas Denham, to speak to the UK Ambassador, to see if a more suitable punishment be made on this person who harmed my son, and will have his arm in a sling for at least six weeks.

“I will not be taking any questions, that is all we have to say, thank you for your time,” my mother said, and she led me out of the room, followed by the two ambassadors.
“Serene Highness, I too will be asking the UK Ambassador for a harsher punishment, since your son is also a NZ citizen,” the NZ Ambassador said to my mum, once we were out of the press conference room, “Thank you Ambassador, for all of your support in this matter,” my mum responded.

Copyright Preston Wigglesworth, Jan 2020 All Rights Reserved
  • Like 12
  • Love 7
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Maybe he was abused because he was serine: a crystalline nonessential amino acid C3H7NO3 that occurs as a residue in many proteins. Serene??

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

As if things couldn’t get any worse than they are the former customs officer is trying to get a better sentence other than the 18 month prison sentence he got as a result of his actions against Mason. Mason is the one who’s suffering from the injuries he received from the officer and he said exactly what was done to him as well as the video proof from the airport security cameras so the officer got what the court deemed to be adequate for the injuries he caused by his overhanded tactic. I’m glad that Mason and his mother held the press conference to put the truth out there and they even said that they wanted to have the officers sentence reviewed and possibly a stricter sentence applied.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm glad that Mason is ok, Issac performed his job as protector as well as he could considering the situation. The former customs officer is spreading rumours to try and his 18 month sentence reduced. So Mason, his mum and the Ambassadors held a press conference to quash the rumours and state that they will be pushing for a more serious punishment.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Zinker said:

Maybe he was abused because he was serine: a crystalline nonessential amino acid C3H7NO3 that occurs as a residue in many proteins. Serene??

 

4 hours ago, davewri said:

Editor was sleeping on this chapter ...........Still a good story.

Zzzzzzz

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Zinker said:

Maybe he was abused because he was serine: a crystalline nonessential amino acid C3H7NO3 that occurs as a residue in many proteins. Serene??

Serine is a Royal title

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Mason's father was abused by idiotic American customs agent. And now British customs agents pulled the same stunt with Mason. Could there be some pheromones that Sahndrol citizens give off that elicits such idiotic behavior?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..