Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 773 Words
  • 1,758 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Deep Space Adventures - 16. DSA Chapter 16

Last Chapter

As is the case with all previous travellers, no passengers are permitted to carry any electronic devices that can record sound or footage, onto the Space Cruiser Galileo, and as is the case with past journeys, each passenger receives a detailed list of items that are banned from being brought on board, and there has already been a number of cases where items have been found, during the screening process in the Spaceport Terminal, where there are lockers available to lock away these items, until they return from their holiday cruise.

After receiving a diplomatic complaint from the three countries that had earlier complained, about available suites, they were once again penalised with a loss of one more suite each, which gave the remaining two agencies another extra suite, making the number now up to 14 suites for them and only 8 for the other three agencies.

Unknown to the passengers, Lord Durham had come up with a system, where a certain number of suites and cabins are allocated to each of the four zones, so as to make it fairly equal in numbers of people from the four zones, with those being, zone 1 – Northern & Central America, 23 countries, zone 2 – Western Europe, 24 countries, zone 3 – South East Asia, 11 countries and zone 4 – Oceania, 14 countries.

When the day arrived for the first trip to Jupiter, those who have suites were the first passengers to board the cruiser, shortly after it lands at 10 am, and sure enough, nearly every single passenger was found with a banned item, and they were confiscated and locked away, with the Chinese and Russians, bitterly complaining about losing use of their equipment, to record their journey into space.

With it being the first journey to Jupiter, Mum decided that she would travel with the Space Cruiser, and agreed to allow Isaac and myself to travel with her, along with Lord Denham, while Sam had chosen to remain on Earth with our Dad, as he was preferring life on Earth instead of in Space.

As well as having the team of entertainers on board for this journey, Lord Durham has also invited two well-known Astrophysicist, one from the England, the other is from Northern Ireland, plus two well-known Astronomers, one from Brazil, and the other is from the USA. All four would be accommodated in the Royal suites on deck one, and during the journey, they will present a number of lectures about their specialty field.

I was informed that Lord Durham with my parent’s approval, invited the famous scientists, so they can to present a minimum of three lectures during the fifteen-day cruise to Jupiter, with all expenses paid, plus they get a payment for each lecture that they present. They also get exclusive use of the VIP viewing lounge on deck 2, which has forward and ceiling windows, to make space observation’s during the trip.

Lord Durham had also organised the purchase of two Celestron Equatorial Telescopes, and two Dobsonian Telescopes, which have been placed in the deck 2 observation lounge, along with two large writing desks and comfortable chairs, so the scientists can record their observations.

Shortly after leaving Earth’s atmosphere, a casual social gathering was organised for two hours after lunch concludes, for the 4 scientists, the Royal family, and the 24 VIP guests, to be held in the Deck two observation lounge, where drinks and snacks would be served.

Mum and I would be the last to enter, with Lord Durham to announce our arrival. “Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting her Serene Highness Princess Nathalia Lenegan, and her son, the Crown Prince of Sahndrol,” Lord Durham announced in a very loud voice, and everyone went silent as we entered the lounge, and everyone either Curtsied or bowed, with the exception of one guest.

I managed to get Lord Durham’s attention and indicated to the man who was not paying his respects to us, and Lord Durham nodded his understanding. “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Space Cruiser Galileo, named after the famous Italian astronomer, we hope that you enjoy your 15 day journey in space, and I invite you to take up use of all of the sports & recreation facilities, as well as the entertainment and science lectures that we have arranged on board.

I wish to make a toast, to the man who in the year 1610, discovered Jupiter’s major moons, of which the one known as Ganymede is now the Sahndrol home capital in this solar system. A toast to Mr Galileo di Vincenzo Bonaulti de Galilei,” my mother announced.

The End

Copyright Preston Wigglesworth, Jan 2020 All Rights Reserved
  • Like 10
  • Love 9
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Fantastic story, it’s to bad that the country’s of Russia and China failed to head the warnings that any type of photography or recording device would be allowed on board the Galileo. I thought it was nice of the Royal family to host a casual social gathering with the 4 scientist and the other 24 VIP guests for 2 hours where drinks and snacks were served. If at all possible I would like to see a sequel to this story. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Fantastic story. We leave with the Galileo starting it's cruise to Jupiter and the Royal Family hosting a social gathering on board for the VIP guests and scientists.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Must be a sequel coming. One suspicious person caught the eye which leads me to hope for more of this story.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Kev

Posted (edited)

Absolutely fan-dabi-dozi story (means super, smashing , great... look on you tube for the Krankies if you have never heard of it)...

Loved every minute of it. Left me wondering though... Who was the man that refused to bow? Again ...

Please sir i want more, absolutely love your writing style.

 

Edited by Kev
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..