Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 1,729 Words
  • 4,034 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 12. Chapter 12

Plans for yet another party was underway in A’Dore. There were many staff preparing for Christian’s birthday. Thirty was a milestone! Until health issues were dealt with almost any birthday was important. You made it another year!! In light of our parents’ ages when they died. And the deaths in Blethos, being thirty was middle age. The palace was gorgeous anyway, but now they were pulling out all the stops. More candles were made for the many chandeliers, ribbons and garnishes were strung. Musicians were coming for the music. And something from Asiana was coming. Fireworks! With someone who supposedly knew how to fire them off safely. This was going to be a party! Guests began coming into town staying in the various inns in A’Dore. Governors and mayors as well as the nobility, often the nobility were the governors and mayors as they were educated. For those that couldn’t be at the palace, the whole town was getting ready to celebrate. Restaurants and pubs were readied. The streets had ribbons and garnish.

 

Seth frowned as he tried to fix his tie. He grunted in frustration. “I can’t fix this.”

I smiled coming over. “Are you giving up?”

He glared at me. “I’m asking for your help.” Then he frowned. “Or do I go without a tie?”

I grinned. “If that’s your choice.” I shrugged. “You could start a fashion trend.” Then I guided him to the bed and had him sit on the edge, I got behind him. “I can only do this if I’m doing in on myself.”

“Aw, any excuse to next to me. That’s nice.” Seth grinned moving his backside closer to my crotch right behind him.

“This is for the party, dummy. This is the only way I can do this.” I explained working on his tie.

Seth nodded and sniffed the air. “What are you wearing?”

“A cologne left for us to use. Why?” I asked as I worked.

Seth grinned again. “It smells good.” He turned when I finished. “It almost makes me wish to take all this off.”

I rolled my eyes. “The scent makes you want that?” I kissed him. “You would anyway.”

Seth nodded returning the kiss. “It’s a good smell and very enticing.”

“Well, we didn’t get dressed up to do that,” I said continuing the kiss. “Now let’s go.” I broke from him suddenly, leading him by the hand out into the corridor.

 

Music was the first thing that greeted us. The sounds of many conversations mingled in the air. The palace was brightly lit. I headed down to meet with the family. Christian had insisted we enter the party with them as family with him. And naturally, when we arrived, Edward reached for Seth! Ella just chuckled and handed her son over.

“But he should be with you!” Seth objected, but only half-heartily as he took the baby. “You’re going in as a family!”

Christian grinned. “And that includes you! So he is as your nephew!”

I grinned at Seth. “This just shows he’s got good taste when it comes to people.” Then leaned forward and said to Seth alone. “And also, you should brush up on your lullabies.”

Seth’s eyes grew.

 

The party was in full swing. It was later when, and I wasn’t eavesdropping, but a well-dressed woman looked as Seth who couldn’t let Edward go for long as Edward would fuss! The woman was nobility but shared an affliction many had. Ignorance. She had to be ignorant, otherwise, she would never have said what she did to Ella.

“Is he to be trusted with your son?” The woman asked Ella.

Ella looked at her curiously, then at Seth with Edward. “Edward adores his Uncle Seth. I don’t know how I’m going to deal with Edward when Seth and Erik go back to Blethos. Why?”

The woman looked like she didn’t understand why Ella didn’t see it. “He’s married to a man. He has sex with a man! Your brother-in-law. He could abuse Edward.”

Ella frowned. “Because he’s married to my brother, he’ll abuse my son? Why do you say that?”

“He could touch the boy, sexually. He could make Thomas or Edward like him.” The woman reasoned.

Ella, who never got angry often, but she was angry now as her mouth dropped open. “Madam, you have insulted my family! Who would have done that to Erik? Christian? Their father!? Because, believe me, no man or woman employed at the palace would dare do that to Erik. Not if they valued their lives! Christian and their father would have had them executed on the spot! Seth was horribly abused, that is on record, but no one made him like he is! That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard! There are men and woman that can abuse children, their own children as well as others. You have children, therefore sexually active. Does that mean you’ll abuse them?”

The woman looked shocked. “I didn’t mean…” the woman stammered. “I’ve never…”

“Neither has Seth or Erik! I can only hope my sons are half the men their uncles are. Honest, hardworking…” Ella said firmly. “How dare you accuse any of my brothers of such things! You offend my family and you offend me! Seth is a member of this family! So, leave.” Ella pointed away from her, and the door. “I would trust any and all my children with either of them implicitly!” The woman looked alarmed at Ella’s reaction and left.

I sighed. There was a lot of ignorance to combat.

 

The evening did go well at any rate. All the faces I saw were very happy to be there included at this celebration. And we stepped outside as the fireworks streaked through the night sky, like additional stars! Only these were colored!

And we got to bed late, or early depending on how you saw it. It was like a couple hours until sunrise. And we didn’t get up early. It was about lunchtime by the time Seth and I made it downstairs. But of course, the children had gotten to bed roughly on time, only allowed to stay up to see the fireworks and then off to bed. They were on their regular schedule. Mostly. And again, Edward saw Seth and began babbling, reaching for Seth.

I laughed at the sight. “It’s a foregone conclusion. You need to be a father.”

Seth grinned at me as he sighed. “Can I have coffee while I’m being a surrogate father to this one?” He reached for Edward. “Hey, Little Guy, Uncle Seth here needs coffee! Okay?” He asked the boy sitting down with him.

Ella smiled, looking a little less glamorous than she usually did. She was a mother! Getting her children up was her priority. “I don’t know what I’ll do when you two go home.” She laughed. “He’ll be a wreck!”

I smiled at Ella, then I kissed her on the cheek, but I did so a little longer, and out of appreciation.

She smiled at me, delighted, but asked. “Not that I mind, but what was that about?”

“For what you said to that woman last night,” I said sitting down in the chair I normally sat in across from her.

Her face fell. “You heard that.” She nodded, but her face scowled. “I could have scratched her eyes out!”

Christian had just come in but stopped hearing that, his eyebrows rose. “You could have scratched whose eyes out?” Then he resumed his course to his chair.

“Mrs. Cunningham,” Ella said still a little angry.

Christian nodded. “Oh.” He said it as if to say the name said it all. He sighed and asked sadly. “What did she do this time?”

Ella told him what she said. Christian was not like Ella, he got angry often. “That nasty old biddy!!”

I put a hand on his arm. “But Ella set her straight.”

Seth looked like he’d been blindsided hearing it! Which was what he was! “I’d never….” He started. “You two don’t think I’d ever…” He was about to put Edward back in his chair worried they might!

Ella shook her head, taking Seth’s hand stopping him. “Absolutely not!!”

“I should press charges!” Christian shouted making the children look at him surprised. Even Edward looked surprised!

“Don’t, Christian.” I urged. “It’s just ignorance.”

Christian shook his head. “That’s an excuse!?” He fumed. “She insulted a member of this family!” He pointed at Seth. “You!”

I watched a little of the old Seth come to the surface. “Stop!” I said to Seth. “Don’t you go back there! You’ve come so far.” I pointed at Christian. “Both Christian and Ella tells you, you’re family. Your not just my family, but their family.” I chuckled. “You should have seen Ella. She was furious! Told the woman Seth is her brother and she insulted the family.”

Christian sat back smiling at Ella. “Furious!? Really?”

I nodded. “I’ve only seen her that way twice. Both times was because someone insulted you, brother.”

Christian laughed. “My wife got mad and yelled at someone! That’s wonderful!” Then he looked at Seth and me. “Never. I repeat, never has that thought ever crossed our minds, Seth. Believe that.” He said firmly. Then sat back. “But I’ll send her husband a warning.” I began to object, but Christian held up his hand. “It’s got to happen. No one can do that.” Then he chuckled. “I am king.”

Seth relaxed making another face at Edward who cackled. “So, do you think I’d be a good father?” Then he looked up at Christian and Ella.

Ella nodded immediately. Christian looked puzzled. “How would that happen?” Christian asked.

Seth smiled at me. “Well, Erik here thinks we should get one from an orphanage or something.”

Ella smiled even bigger. “I think that would be marvelous!”

Christian nodded. “That’s a great idea. All children need love.”

“So, you wouldn’t mind a nephew or niece that’s not related to you?” I asked my brother hoping he did think as Seth did at first.

Christian shook his head. “Of course not.” Then he looked serious. “I think it’s a wonderful idea. But most orphanages are run by the Church. You may have trouble with them.”

I shrugged. “Then we’ll search another route. There has to be a different way.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/22/2016 03:32 AM, droughtquake said:

It helps when the King is your brother and the King knows you're looking to adopt a child (or two).

Sure but in a world where custody issues are almost nonexistent, it won't be the king that helps. Think about another parent. I can say no more.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Ella surprised me when she went off on the lady for even thinking that either Erik or Seth would ever do anything to either Thomas or Edward. The idea that they could or would do anything to any child is ridiculous that thought has never even crossed their minds. Just because they're a male couple shouldn't be a reason for the ignorance that they face at times, the way I see it is it doesn't matter if you love a man or a woman ,as long as you don't go around trying to get others involved with your lifestyle then it shouldn't matter who you love as long as it's true love, like with Seth and Erik and Gabe and Zek. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..