Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,508 Words
  • 3,524 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 30. Chapter 30

We waved good-bye to Matt in the morning as he went to tell Sam and Terry the good news, waving as he rode off. I looked at the town below. There was a lot of activity. There were people going back and forth with destinations that had to quickly to get to.

I looked at Seth. “What’s going on in town?”

Seth squinted as he looked closer. “I don’t know.” Then he nodded. “Has it been a year already?” He pointed. “I see a lot of red ribbons. It must be what’s his name’s Love Festival again.”

I frowned. “Stewart, Seth. His name is Stewart.”

Seth chuckled. “Okay. He just didn’t really attract my attention, so…”

“Oh, you only remember of those that attract you?” I grinned. “What’s my name?”

Seth grinned at me evilly. “Darius?”

I slugged him. I mean, this time, I really hit him in his arm by the shoulder.

“Ow!” Seth held his arm where I hit him but smiled anyway.

“You’ll get over it.” I shook my head at Seth and looked back at the town. “But it can’t be Love Festival. It’s too soon. We just survived the measles.”

“Maybe Stewart moved it up. There was no time set for it.” Seth pondered.

“This soon after a tragedy?” I shook my head. Then shrugged. “We’ll have to ask.”

Seth grinned at me. “You ask. I’m needed in the vineyard.” He thumbed to the abundance of grapes growing. “I can’t be late.”

I chuckled. “We own it.”

Seth shrugged. “We have to set an example.” He kissed me passionately, his arms around me pulling me close. “I love you, Baby.” I reached down squeezing a buttock making Seth yelp. He looked at me surprised. “The Darius remark I get, but what was that?”

I shrugged. “I love everything about you, Seth. What’s inside and outside of you. And as I can’t squeeze your heart, but I can show I love what’s on the outside. I love you, Seth.” Then whispered in his ear. “Besides, you’ve got a great ass.”

Seth grinned chuckling, lowering both hands to squeeze both of my buttocks. “You do, too.” Then he kissed me again. “See you later.” He waved and walked off whistling, but turned back holding his wound again. “Ow.”

I chuckled. “I’ll kiss it later.”

He grinned. “I’ll hold you to that. You promised.”

I shook my head as I waved back. “You’re a lucky man, Erik.” I told myself. Then went into the house to get things ready for the day.

It was later when I came into the kitchen for lunch. Grace was working on something. It smelled really good.

“Hi, Grace.” I greeted and looked to see if I could get an idea of what she was making. “That smells good.”

The woman turned around, almost blocking me from seeing what it was. “Well, you know me…I love to cook. You’ll get it later.”

Something was going on. I smiled at her. “Okay.” But I looked at her more intently. “Does it have something to do with what’s going on in town?”

She looked very guilty now. “In town?”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Grace.”

“Don’t ask me!” She said pleading. “You know I can’t keep secrets.”

My eyebrows rose. “There is a secret going on down there.” I nodded as the door opened and Seth came in for his lunch also.

He sniffed. “That smells awesome!”

I held my arm up stopping him. “But don’t ask her.” I grinned. “It’s a secret.”

Seth frowned. “A secret?” Then he walked over to me and Grace. “The guys in the vineyard were hiding something, too. Norton all but lied to me!” He grinned at me. “Something’s going on. Big.”

I nodded. “That they want to keep secret.” Then shrugged. “But she said we’d know later, so…”

Then Hannah came in with Dennis and Toby.

“Do you know what’s going on in town?” Seth asked Hannah.

Now, she was fine at keeping secrets. “I do.” She nodded and ended it there.

I patted Seth on the chest. “And she’s not about to tell us.”

Hannah smiled sweetly at us. “No, I won’t. But you keep asking questions, you’re fishing for answers. Stop it.” She pointed at us, her face told us not to push it.

I nodded. “You heard her.” Then looked at Seth and my brows came together. His hands were filthy.

Seth looked at his hands. “I know, I know. I’m going, I’m going.” He went to wash his hands.

I chuckled. “He does love that vineyard.” Dennis was kicking and babbling at me in delight. “Your Daddy loves the dirt. He’s dirty.” I took Dennis from Hannah.

“Da da!” Dennis pointed toward the bathroom.

“I know!” I grinned at him. “He’ll be back. You’ll see.” Kissing him, then taking him to the highchair. I greeted Toby as he got in his special chair some nice man made him that put him high enough to eat. It wasn’t a highchair, but elevated for him.

We did enjoy our time together. Toby would tell us all that he’d done that morning, having to divide his time between signing and eating. Which was comical. He even tried to sign with one hand to keep from stopping.

Seth chuckled to me. “We should tell him that it’s impolite to talk with his hands full.”

 

Things were fine until I came back from the winery to find Garth waiting at the front of our house.

“Hi, Garth!” I greeted our friend, but he wasn’t dressed as he would have normally. He was casual but dressed like there was something important to go to.

Garth smiled. “Hi. Is Seth back from the vineyard yet?”

I shrugged. “We’ll find out.” I opened the door and let Garth come with me to our bedroom. I heard Seth in the tub. “He is.”

Garth nodded with a smile. “Good. Now get dressed.” He ordered. “And when Seth gets done, tell him to dress too.” And he was about to leave.

“Hold it, Garth,” I said stopping him. “Is this because of what’s going on in town?”

Garth nodded. “And you have to come. No options.” He said flatly. “Doris is on the way to watch the boys.” He pointed downstairs. “I’ll wait down there.” Then he walked out.

I watched Garth leave, then went into the bathroom.

Seth grinned at me as he saw me come in. “Care to join me?”

There was something… I smiled at Seth. “I’d love to, however, we’ve been commanded to dress and go somewhere.”

Seth nodded. “This is about whatever’s going on that they kept secret from us.” Then he rose from the water. “What should I wear?”

I grinned at him, a wet, naked Seth was pretty nice for me to see as water dripped off him. “I’d be okay if you went like that, but that might be a bit much for some.”

He gave me a smirk. “Ha, ha.”

“Garth was here and is waiting,” I said. “Casual, but dressy. Dressy casual?” I asked.

Seth shrugged. “Okay.” And got out of the tub drying himself with a drying cloth and drying his hair.

We both dressed, or rather, I changed, he dressed. We headed down to see Bent, Zek, and Gabe were here now. All were dressed up, hair washed and combed.

“Hi, guys.” Seth greeted.

“Hugs and kisses later,” Zek said hurriedly coming up to me. “Your presence is wanted…”

“It’s demanded!” Gabe correcting pulling Seth gently.

“And we’re all here to make sure you’re both there,” Bent added. As we were escorted out the door.

“Okay,” I said as we were taken to the town’s square. And from what I could see, everyone in Royal Valley was there. Thousands! Men, women, and children were there.

Keith Davidson saw us and went to a platform I’d never seen before. “And now they’re here.” He smiled and waved us up to the platform. “Come up, please?”

The square was decorated with red and white ribbons, the colors of Blethos. Even the lamps lit, every other one had red glass now making the alternating lamps red and white that glowed as the sun was setting. There were flowers around and everyone was smiling at Seth and me as we got on the platform.

“My dear friends, Seth and Erik.” Keith began. “This is to honor you both.” He held up a hand to stop an objection either Seth or I would have raised. “No, hear us out. We’ve been planning this for a while. All of us.” He waved to the crowd. “You have taken a place where we all were employees of Arthur Thorne and worked his estate. You came in and made us a town. A real town!” He waved at some people. “We have Ebenezer as a blacksmith, but he was brought here to work for Thorne.”

“You didn’t need to tell everyone that,” Eb called from the crowd. “I’ll be called Ebenezer for weeks now.”

There was a general chuckle through the crowd.

Keith smiled looking at the large man. “I think we all knew what Eb was short for. It really wasn’t a secret.” Then he continued. “My point was, we were all here, even Jenny, our dressmaker was here for Arthur and his children. The baker was here for Thorne, everybody was here for Thorne! But about this time, these two wonderful people came to us. One we knew, Seth. He was called cursed.” The crowd all gave murmurs to say it wasn’t true. Then Keith moved forward. “We should all be so lucky as to be cursed like he is. He’s an amazing man. They both are. And we all know the story now, how Arthur killed his poor mother and kept the sons of our late King Alexander secret and tormented Seth for decades. I mean he was tormented! But then he met Erik, they married so we could have a new king. The king he was born to be by right of birth.” He shook his head at Seth. “I think you would have been a great king, but I’m glad you and Erik came here. After you two came, the name changed for Thorne Valley to Royal Valley and we became a real live town! They were legally married and really married. If you see them, you know they are in love. They are an example we all should model after. They love each other. They even helped those that were like them here, realize they weren’t anything but humans that loved another human. Even standing with them when it was still legal and punishable to kill them for it! But they were exempt! They were married. Others like them arrived and in standing with them, got that horrid law removed. To say you were to die because of who you love someone doesn’t approve of is stupid! My wife’s eyes are blue, mine aren’t, it could have been a law to say only those with the same color eyes could marry. Or they had be the same race, though that would hard since we’re all the same here. My point is, it could be restricted for ANY reason. A different class or station in life. But more than that, Erik came to us and changed things so much, we have doctors and teachers for our children. Many of you now read because of Erik! He saw the value in teaching people and treating them as equals. Equals! He is a prince! He married a king! They are both now princes, but they treat us as equals and want us to treat them as one of us! They have treated us with respect and Erik not only allowing but helped others better themselves.” Then he got serious. “We lost some precious children in this last outbreak of measles, and I grieve with the families, but I know that death toll would have been so much higher without his impute. He saved Royal Valley from deaths that would have been in the hundreds! I can say that we had the lowest mortality rate in any town in Blethos, large or small. That was due to Erik.” Now he was back. He shook his head. “And I’m sorry, but you guys need to come up with another name for yourselves. Because no longer should FSE stand for people who married or loves a member of the same gender. I’m not, but I told Erik a while back. I hope he and Seth consider me to be their friend. A very good friend, if I can be. I would be honored to be called FSE.”

There were a number of people now applauding and shouting “Here, here!” Seth got closer to me, putting his arm around me as he was choking up with me.

Keith waved at the crowd. “See? Everyone, the old members of Thorne’s estate and new friends that came after to Royal Valley. All want to be FSE! You’ve got to be called something else from now on. I want and demand to be FSE. I am a Friend of Seth and Erik. Everyone here would be honored to be FSE. You are a friend to Royal Valley. This day, every year will be set aside to honor you.”

I heard it, I saw it, but it was so overwhelmingly wonderful. Call it what you will. I wasn’t just choked up, I was crying! Who wouldn’t be? Even Seth was wiping his eyes. Then I noticed almost everyone had a cup I hadn’t noticed. They weren’t all pretty, but they all had one. Then a cup was put in my hand and Seth’s by Curt and Daryl, the friends we made after returning from A’Dore.

“This is a toast to you. Seth and Erik. You will always be a part of Royal Valley. Now and forever! To Seth and Erik!” Keith raised his cup as did everyone else. “To Seth and Erik!” They all said in unison.

I could barely get the wine down as I was so choked up! Seth nodded to everyone, raising his cup to everyone and drank. I don’t think even Christian had gotten a celebration like this. And he was greatly loved as king. Nor Samuel, but he was still new at the throne.

Seth cleared his throat. It seems I wasn’t the only one between us that was choked up. “My friends…” he cleared it again. “And I say, my friends, you are all both our friends. I wish to know each and every one of you. Erik tries to. You have all been so welcoming to us. We have some here that did become good, good friends we will always cherish.” Now he was choking up more. “Thank you so much. We love you all!!”

There was another cheer given up by everyone.

Keith stepped up again. “Let the party begin!!”

Then the music began as everyone was dancing with each other.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/07/2016 04:25 PM, droughtquake said:

Yay! FSE Day!

But wait! The next chapter is going to be...well, you'll see. In eight hours.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 12/07/2016 06:28 PM, hohochan657 said:

I knew something would come up with the extra Thorne !

:scream:

:o

:o

In two hours, you'll find out! I'm excited. And I wrote it!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..