Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,397 Words
  • 3,314 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 42. Chapter 42

I promised this chapter and here it is. You know who you are I'm talking to. This is your chapter.

We stepped back into our home in Royal Valley. Sam looked back as I touched a crystal and the doorway was a mirror again.

Seth smiled at his brother. “We don’t have to remind you to tell no one, do we?”

Sam was still staring at the mirror and then looked at Seth. “And what do I say? I’ve been to A’Dore and back the same day? Who’d believe me!?” He shook his head. “I did it and I don’t believe it yet. If I tell Terry, even she will think I’m crazy!”

“But you’re not.” I smiled. “But we will have to have some better means of communicating with you at the palace in Blethos’ capital than we have. Perhaps we should consider those homing pigeons.”

“But for now…” Seth put his hands on his brother’s shoulders. “Let’s eat. I’m starved!”

 

Sam stayed the night and then left the next morning he headed back to the capital. Now we had guards at our door twenty-four hours a day. They made rounds circling the house. I explained to Sam how the Seers were made and gave instructions on their construction.

After putting the boys to bed, I went in Seth’s and my bedroom where I took Seth’s hand leading him toward our bed.

“Are you tired?” Seth grinned as I pulled my shirt off.

“A little.” I admitted, but took his hand and placed it on my pants covered manhood and then his. “But I want you right now. I want my husband to make love to me.” Putting my hands on his chest and pushed his shirt open as my fingers relished the tickle of hairs they crossed. “Make love to me, Seth. I like our connection and I want to connect a little more with you.”

“We do every night.” Seth kissed me gently. “I’d love to.” Then his kiss became more intense and consuming. His hands brought me closer as they unfastened my pants, sliding them off.

“Slow this time, please?” I asked. “I want more than sex. I want you.”

“You have me. However you want me, baby.” Seth wiggled out of his shirt and slid his pants down and off and then laid us both down as he stretched over me. My arms encircled him and pulled him even closer.

I didn’t get the sensations that Seth did when I was the one being made love to like he did when I made love to him. I’m not complaining, it felt really nice and I loved having him close and the feelings were like a wave over me. Not the explosion he got. After all these years, our favorite way was face to face. To look in his eyes as he was building to release his seed in me.

“I love you, Erik.” Seth said softly kissing me again as I felt his release, once, twice and three times! “I adore you.”

This was the greatest gift we’d gotten. To join with another human being like this. God or nature itself had given this means to us to connect with another person and who was to say it was just for a man and woman? It worked with Seth and me. I felt connected with Seth again. We were one. “I love you, Seth.”

Seth smiled as his lips traced my jaw. “I know you do.”

 

The next day was…well…it was routine. We got up, got the boys up and went down to breakfast. Only now there were four new guests at the table. All guards.

One stood as we came in. “Forgive us, Your Highness.” The man smiled. “We’ll be leaving shortly.”

Seth and I weren’t prepared for this.

“That’s just Seth to you.” Seth corrected. “I am…” then he grinned at me. “…we are the king’s brothers, but I was only a prince a little while and a king a very short while.” He put his arm around me. “But Erik has been a prince all his life…”

“But prefer Erik.” I said putting Dennis in his highchair who was now just making sounds. I smiled at the guard who was in his thirties with dark brown hair. “And you all are?”

“I’m Quaid.” The man nodded with a slight bow. “This is Darrin.” He introduced the blond man to his right. “There’s Clive and Owen.” He pointed to two dark haired men across the table. He thumbed outside. “There is two more outside that will be going off duty in a few minutes. Clive and Owen are taking their places. Me and Darrin are doing the patrol of the area.”

Seth nodded. “We hate to bother you with this, but there is a threat right now.” Then he pointed to Quaid’s chair. “Sit, finish your breakfast.”

Quaid nodded sitting again. “Your brother told us before he left.”

“Well, I know protocol is very important.” I said. “But know, Seth and I are a lot more casual about things here. No need to jump up when we come in the room and we would prefer if we were friendly, if not just plain friends.”

Seth nodded. “And really, Erik was trained…and very well I might add…at being a swordsman. He is deadly, but the protection needed is really for them.” He hefted Toby up. “This is Toby. He’ll be three soon, but know, he’s deaf.”

Quaid nodded. “We were told that as well. Don’t worry, Your…” he was about to be formal again and smiled. “….habit, sorry. Don’t worry, Seth. No one will get past us.”

But we caught Owen’s attention. “So, he can’t hear at all?” He pointed at Toby.

I shook my head. “As far as I know, not a thing. He got a fever when he was very young and it damaged the part of his mind he hears with. But he’s very smart.” I grinned as Toby was signing. “See? He loves grape juice and is signing to have some now.”

Owen nodded as he witnessed Toby signing. “He has a sign for everything?”

Seth sat with our sons before getting his precious coffee. “He does.” Then he chuckled. “Of course, there are signs he makes up, but we understand him.” He gave Toby a sloppy kiss on Toby’s neck making Toby squeal in delight as it tickled. “He’ll be running this vineyard and winery one day.”

“Huh.” Owen watched and then he shook his head. “My sister has a little boy. He’s…well…quiet. He never makes a sound except to grunt or just scream. He’s about to be five.”

I looked at Owen. “Do you think he’s deaf?”

Owen shrugged. “I don’t know. But I remember when there was a loud crash and everyone jumped, but Tommy. That’s when I thought maybe he didn’t hear it.”

I frowned. “We’re not experts.”

Owen shook his head. “But you are. You have a son that doesn’t hear, but you tell me he’s smart and is asking for juice. I’d say that makes you an expert.”

“I can give you a copy of what we have.” I told him. “What the signs mean and how to use them.” I frowned. “You don’t communicate at all with Tommy?”

“His mother can to a point. I haven’t been able to.” Owen said shaking his head.

Seth got Toby his juice and gave him the cup. “Well, Toby also reads lips. When you speak with Tommy, are you looking directly at him?”

“I don’t think anyone does. Delta does. That’s my sister.” Owen shook his head. He smiled at Toby who was offering some of his juice to Owen who smiled at Toby. “Thank you.” He took the cup of juice and held it to his lips, but didn’t drink, but looked like he drank. Toby signed back.

I chuckled. “He said, you’re welcome.”

That made Owen sit back a little in surprise. “He did?”

Seth chuckled. “He sure did.” He showed Toby gesturing from his chest, out and down to his midsection. “That’s you’re welcome.”

Owen grinned. “Okay, how do I say thank you to him?”

Seth had Toby look at him. “Show our new friend Owen how you say thank you.”

Toby nodded and gestured from his chin down quickly.

Owen grinned and did what Toby showed him. “Thank you.” He signed.

Then Toby smiled back and did his sign for you’re welcome.

“Now you’ve had your first conversation in sign language.” I smiled at Owen.

Owen grinned even bigger. “I did! When we go back in a week, I’d like to bring those…things that show the signs and what they mean.”

“Are you coming back?” Seth asked.

Owen nodded. “A week here, a week going home and a week there, but yes.”

“Does your sister work?” I asked.

“Not with taking care of Tommy.” Owen shook his head sadly. “I’ve been supporting them since her husband left.”

“Can Delta bring him here?” I asked.

“Here to live? She’ll need a job.” Owen said.

“And what are we here?” Seth asked smiling. “We own the vineyard and winery, she needs a job, we’ll find her one. Bring her here and Tommy.”

“Most all of the employees here can speak some sign language and many of the villagers.” I explained. “Grace and Doris can and others. They can teach your sister and Tommy.”

Owen smiled nodding as he considered it. “I’ll tell her. Encourage her to do that.” Then he looked up smiling at us more. “I may have to move here, too, then.”

I lowered my eyes. “If I can ask, where is Tommy’s father?”

Owen gave a shrugging nod. “He left shortly after conceiving Tommy. We don’t know where he is.”

Seth nodded. “Just get her here and we’ll go from there.”

 

It was later when Seth came in from the vineyard I sat with him at the table as we ate lunch. Seth was thrilled to be back out in the vineyard working in the dirt again and I was happy to doing all the paperwork.

“You know, Seth.” I began slowly. “Why hadn’t we thought of it before? I’m sure Toby isn’t the only child in Blethos that’s deaf. They need help!”

“The deaf?” Seth asked. “Well, we’ve been kind of busy.” He chuckled. “What with someone trying to kill your brother, going to…”

“I know, I was there, but they need a school for the deaf.” I said logically. “And a school for blind if not for both. Would Terry help with that in Blethos?”

Seth chuckled. “I’m sure she would. It sounds like a crusade for her.”

I nodded. “I’ll tell Ella tonight. That’s her sort of crusade, too.”

He kissed me. “You love having that doorway.”

I nodded grinning. “Absolutely I do. I can see Christian, Ella and the kids more often. I wish we had one for Blethos. I just hope it never breaks.”

Seth shook his head. “I’m sure it’s sturdy and it only takes a few days to get to Blethos. It takes two weeks to get to A’Dore. It’s fair.” Then he frowned. “So, where are we putting these students? Who will teach them?”

I shrugged. “We’ll find somewhere.” I waved at the house. “We didn’t pay a thing for this house. If we need to, we can build a school.” I grinned. “It would be great to have one here, that way when Toby’s ready to go to school, he can go there.”

Seth frowned. “He’s being taught fine here.”

I nodded. “He is, but he needs to have friends. He needs to learn he’s not the only one that’s deaf. As far as who teaches, well, we’ll hire someone. Teach them sign language and they can teach others.”

Seth nodded. “Okay.” He kissed me. “You’re an amazing man, Erik.” He stood up. “I’ll write Sam a letter and send it back by Owen.”

 

That evening I went up to the attic and touched the first crystal. It was later and I knew no one should be in Christian’s and Ella’s room doing anything right then and I didn’t want to see in their room without knowing if someone was there undressed.

“Is everyone descent?” I asked quietly.

There was my brother’s chuckle. “I think I’m pretty descent. I’m getting undressed for bed, but come on.”

“I had to be sure.” I touched the other three and stepped over into A’Dore.

I grinned as I saw my brother pulling his shirt off and then grinned at me adding. “I’m in Ella’s and my room, I’m undressing, but you’ve seen everything…you are my brother.” Christian shrugged.

I walked up and hugged my brother. “It’s great I can come and go like this!” Then I looked seriously at him. “I have to be careful if it’s Ella not to come and the wrong time.”

Christian chuckled. “And I thank you for that.” He nodded. “But I like having a way to see and touch you if necessary without traveling for weeks.”

The door to their room opened and Ella stepped in. “Erik!” She smiled delighted. “It’s wonderful you can come and go like this!” She said hugging me.

“I told Seth the same thing.” I nodded. “But it is you I wanted to speak with.” I said to Ella. I produced the papers that Demetrius and Dara had given us for the signs. “We’re opening a school in Royal Valley for deaf children and maybe blind children.”

Ella smiled when she heard that. “That’s wonderful!”

I turned to Christian. “If I could ask, can you have an artist duplicate these? We’ll need them for the school.”

Christian nodded. “Absolutely. I’ll have it done by the end of the week.” He took the papers.

“I was wondering…” I said to Ella. “You’re promoting education in A’Dore, would you consider a school for the deaf in A’Dore? Maybe even a school for blind children?”

Ella nodded. “You’re right! I’m sure there are hundreds of children in need of help in A’Dore.” She turned to Christian. “And I know where to open one. The orphanage in what was my home isn’t doing well. The Church runs most of the orphanages, but I don’t recall them doing that much for deaf or blind children. The old home would be perfect for one.”

Christian shrugged. “You are the Queen.” He grinned kissing her. “And it’s your house. Do it.”

I promised this chapter and here it is. You know who you are I'm talking to. This is your chapter.
Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great idea with the school for deaf (and blind) kids. :D They never rest, eh.
Oh and it's perimeter not parameter, when the guards walk the edge of the property.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 02/25/2017 05:41 PM, Timothy M. said:

Great idea with the school for deaf (and blind) kids. :D They never rest, eh.

Oh and it's perimeter not parameter, when the guards walk the edge of the property.

I'll blame the computer, but I'll fix it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

“Forgive you, Your Highness.” Was this intentional? It seems weird to me, I would think it would be, ‘Forgive me, Your Highness.’

 

He pointed to two dark haired me across the table. Men.

 

Is Darrin for me? I love blonds! He’s tall and thin, kind of quiet, but empathic with a quirky sense of humor and a twinkle in his blue eyes, right?

Link to comment
On 02/25/2017 06:35 PM, droughtquake said:

“Forgive you, Your Highness.” Was this intentional? It seems weird to me, I would think it would be, ‘Forgive me, Your Highness.’

 

He pointed to two dark haired me across the table. Men.

 

Is Darrin for me? I love blonds! He’s tall and thin, kind of quiet, but empathic with a quirky sense of humor and a twinkle in his blue eyes, right?

Sure. Let's go with that. It was all for you. The twinkle and blue eyes. Sure. All for you.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I like the idea of a school or schools for the deaf and blind children of not only Royal Valley and Blethos but for A'Dore as well. Erik was right in that true enough Toby's getting what he needs right now but as he gets older he will need to know that he isn't the only deaf child in Royal Valley. I'm sure that the schools are going to be a welcome addition to the educational system. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..