Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,803 Words
  • 4,587 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 31. Chapter 31

The people of Royal Valley were so pleasant and friendly that evening. There were a lot of positive comments, hugs and thank yous, I almost didn’t get to spend any time with Seth! We were both demanded by almost everyone. But a great time was had by all. I danced with many that night, Eb, Norton and Keith included. Being liked and appreciated was the best present I’ve ever gotten. I was dancing with Maria when she was tapped on the shoulder. Turning, she smiled at Seth.

“I guess I can let you cut in.” Maria smiled at Seth. “He is your husband.”

Seth smiled back to her. “Thank you.” He came to me as the music changed to a slow dance. He kissed me. “This is all so wonderful.” As we started to dance, he grinned. “But you don’t get out of the promise. You said you’d kiss it and make it better. I’m still holding you to that.” He moved his arm. “You’ve got a mean punch. Good thing I don’t piss you off normally.”

I smiled back. “Well, that comment about Darius deserved the punch.” But brought him close again, kissing him passionately. “And I will keep the promise. I always keep my word.”

 

It was very late when we got back to the manor. Seth didn’t even stop other than to lock the front door and pulled me upstairs. We did peek in our boys’ room. Doris had rocked Dennis and he was still on her lap, but both were sound asleep. Toby was asleep also. Then we went to our room.

Seth smiled, turning to me. “I guess we need to bath again.”

I grinned. “Well, you had yours before the party, I didn’t. But we did dance a lot, probably are sweaty.” His arms bringing me close again. Being close to Seth was…I can’t put into words how it made me feel. I felt secure, loved and he was warm and comforting at the same time. “I love you, Seth.”

Seth smiled back. “I know. I love you.” He looked back at our bathroom. “We didn’t light the tank. The water will be cold.”

I shrugged. “We don’t really need it.” I turned us around and lowered us on the bed. He sat up straddling me. “Now, about that shoulder…” I grinned as I unbuttoned his shirt and pushing it off. I did kiss it. There was no part on either one of us that we didn’t touch, kiss and just enjoy. I made love to Seth, he made love to me, using our favorite positions and slowly, enjoyed our love for each other.

 

In the morning, I heard the birds sing and saw the light coming in our bedroom windows. I felt the comfortable weight of a head on my chest, looking to see that head of black hair, messed from our night of passion and sleep. I was completely content. Our love was solid. The smile that came on me was a prayer of thanks to whoever brought us together. I toyed with some of the locks of black gently. That’s when I felt Seth move.

“I didn’t mean to wake you, Baby,” I said softly.

He looked up at me and smiled, focusing. “Good morning, my love.” He moved up and kissed me gently. “I was just dozing.”

I laughed at his dismissal. “You were asleep.”

He grinned. “Well, I’m not now.” Then he held up his hand for me to wait. “Be right back.” He got up, walked naked in our bathroom where I heard him do his morning thing, which I needed to do, too. I got up to do the same. I watched him as he lit the tank of water. I loved to look at him. He was a very handsome man and the work he did outside shaped him, making him even more handsome. Then he got up coming back to me. “This will take a few minutes. So, let’s go back to bed.”

“To get more sleep?” I grinned knowing what he meant.

He shook his head. “Nope.”

We made love again!

Seth and I finally got in the tub and didn’t hurry. It was Sunday, no work needed to be done. It was nearly lunchtime when we made it down for….brunch?

Doris smiled at us as we greeted the boys. “Did you like what happened last night?” She asked.

I nodded with a smile. Then my wisecracking ways just surfaced. “Oh, you mean the party! Sure, that was good too.”

Seth chuckled. “It was unexpected, but greatly appreciated,” Seth said kissing Toby on the head. Then Dennis.

“Da da!” Dennis said happily to Seth. Words he knew then he would return to making sounds or singing and banging his spoon on his highchair and table. He was a very happy baby.

Doris laughed and smiled at Dennis and nodded. “And much deserved.” She shook her head. “I hated missing it, but someone had to watch the boys. I was glad to do it.” She kissed and waved at Toby.

“Well, it is Sunday.” I said. “Go home. You have a family, too.”

Doris smiled at us. “You’re sure? I don’t mind staying longer.”

Seth pulled Dennis from his highchair. “Go.” He smiled at her as he gave Dennis the long wet kiss on his neck that made him cackle.

She nodded. “Okay.” She got up, kissing Toby. Then looked at us. “You two are wonderful people. I’m honored to have been a part of this family in any way. Thank you.” Kissing Dennis, then Seth and me, then left.

We had a good day.

 

The week began again and we were back to business as usual. People were coming to Royal Valley on business. Our population had tripled since Seth and I arrived! New houses going up and lives were made better every day.

 

But that would change. One night, I woke as I felt someone cover my mouth and hold me down as I heard Seth struggle against someone else. I knew instantly the voice nor the hand belonged to Seth.

“Calmly.” The voice said, and I knew instantly it was Candor. “Or I kill your husband right now.” He let me sit up as a lamp was lit. There stood Candor. Looking as nasty as always, again with that cold smile. That’s when I heard someone struggling as Seth’s hands were tied behind his back and a binding around his mouth. “Let’s get down to business.”

“What business?” I asked.

Candor shook his head. “Oh come now. Money is owed to me! I told you I would collect.” He pointed to the men holding Seth. “These are associates of mine.” He explained. “Don’t fool yourself, they will kill.”

“So, collect,” I said simply. “Get it and be gone.”

Candor smiled wider. “I will.” He nodded. “You see? I was the one that got….those things…for Arthur.” He said. “I go to the cave where I was told to put these items, and it’s been cleaned out.”

I nodded. “The stolen merchandise. You stole it.”

Candor nodded. “Of course. You don’t believe one moment the Arthur stole it.” He chuckled. “He profited from it, yes. But he did it slowly. Selling pieces one at a time. I just brought the bulk of it to him. That’s when he would pay.” He glared at me. “Now, you’re going to pay.”

“How much?” I asked.

“Five hundred gold pieces.”

My eyes widened. “We don’t have that here!”

Candor looked puzzled. “Not hiding somewhere?”

“No!”

Candor frowned. “Then you have a problem. I told you I would be back and I intended to collect. You had plenty of time to get it.”

I got up irritated. “First, you never said how much was owed, nor did we ask or care and second, we didn’t ask you to steal anything.”

“But two princes living so well off. You have to have money here.” Candor reasoned.

“The vineyard and winery bring money here. We don’t get money from either kingdoms!” I said angrily."Money from the winery and vineyard goes to wages and improving the business. I looked around the room. Could I make it to my sword?

Candor smiled knowing what I was longing for as he raised his dagger. “No need to look. You won’t get to your sword.” He chuckled. “Though I admit, I am tempted to let you. I hear you are very talented with it. Deadly. A fight with you might be fun, but I prefer a sure thing. Right now, I have that.” He motioned to the other two. “Put him in a chair.” He pointed. “That chair. We can keep an eye on him while Prince Erik and I talk business.” Then he circled me slowly. “I hear you’re the brains of this business anyway.” He did a turn looking at the house. “You have a beautiful home.” He smiled again. “A lot of lovely things. Now, I can take some of these things, but I really don’t have time to sell them slowly. What money is here?”

I thought honestly. “Maybe a hundred gold pieces.”

Candor nodded. “Well, that’s not nearly enough.” He chuckled again and sat on the side of Seth’s and my bed. He shrugged. “Of course, there are other things of value here.” He motioned toward where I knew the boys’ room was. “There is, of course, you’ve got two children.” Then he frowned. “Now, I know neither of you two had them, you got them from someone. How much did you pay for them?”

“What!?” I asked angrily. “We didn’t pay anything for them. Leave them out of this!”

Candor shrugged. “I would have taken them as partial payment. I’ve seen them. Very pretty little boys.” He chuckled. “I know men that would pay handsomely for two pretty little boys. Now what they do with them….” He left me to guess, but I knew what he meant. “I might anyway.”

I started to move toward Candor. “Don’t touch our sons!!”

Candor stood raising his dagger again. “I wouldn’t, but I will if I don’t get paid!!” He shouted angrily. “Now rest assured, if I don’t. They will die!” He pointed the dagger at Seth. “I’ll kill him, you and those kids. Understand? No one will be alive if I don’t get paid! So, what’s it going to be?”

Okay, I’d dealt with Seth’s rape attempt with Deena and my own. I watched as she tortured Seth in front of my eyes. The threat of someone killing Seth and my sons…and I had no doubt Candor would kill them. “Is there something we can work out?”

Candor smiled. “That’s more like it. Ready to negotiate now.” He sighed. “I’ve killed men. I’ve had many women and killed a few of them.” He shook his head. “But I’ve never fucked a man before.” Then he smiled again. “And a prince!” Then he looked at Seth. “Or a former king! You’re both the sons of kings!” His face was dangerously close to mine now. “Are you a good fuck?” He shrugged. “You must be. You two have been fucking each other for years now.” Then he leaned in close to my ear. “If you are, I may knock the price down.”

Seth was struggling against the ropes that bound him. Tears coming down his face as he shook his head and he tried to say. “Don’t you do it.” It came out muffled as he was glaring at Candor.

“How do I know you won’t do it anyway?” I asked Candor.

He shrugged. “You don’t.” Then he smiled at me again. Like I said it when I first met him. It was cold. “Do you want to risk I will, or won’t?”

I had no choice. I hated what Candor wanted to do, but I couldn’t let him kill Seth, Toby or Dennis. Tears started to come as I pulled on my nightshirt. I was desperate. “Demetrius!!! Help us!!!!” I shouted.

That’s when the lamp went out, then I heard the door Seth and I always left open to hear our sons slam shut and a series of flashing light like in the middle of a lightning storm, a rush of hot wind blew through the room in a mighty gush knocking Condor off his feet and this head….huge about eight feet tall alight with this bluish-white light appeared as it roared at Candor.

“Don’t you touch him!! How dare you threaten my sons!!” He said so loud, echoing and the rage in those huge eyes blazed right at Candor who was trying to escape. The two that had been holding Seth in place rushed to the door, but it wouldn’t open no matter how they tried. “You are a stupid, vile, evil, evil man! No one will harm my sons or my grandsons!!” Candor was trying to shield himself from the giant head, cowering in fear. “I WON’T ALLOW IT!!” His voice cracking like thunder!

If I didn’t know it was Demetrius, I would have been terrified too!

“These men…this family is protected! Protected by ME!!” Demetrius said again so loud it shook the room! “Have you no concern for your immortal soul?” Then the image changed, now before us was, and I swear, it was a naked Arthur writhing in agony in what looked like a real lake of fire! Molten rock splashed against him as Arthur screamed, but the heat didn’t physically burn his skin, but the pain was there. It burned! Arthur was screaming! Then there was Darius and Deena, also burning, but none were together. “Not a second will pass when you won’t beg for a death that will never come, but this will last FOREVER!!” Then the scene disappeared and Demetrius, dressed as I’ve never seen him before. Clothed in a blinding white robe and a sword of blue-white flame in his hand. Like an avenging angel or even GOD Himself! The light behind his head was blinding! “You have damned yourself!! And should you continue this path, I will make sure it happens NOW!! These men are my sons! I will defend them as long as they live this mortal life! My grandsons will not ever be touched!! If you don’t leave Royal Valley and Blethos, and I mean leave and you NEVER EVER RETURN!!! If you do, you will die! AM…I…CLEAR???” Each of those last three words boomed and the whole world shook! Demetrius looked closer in Candor’s face, his eyes glowing red!! The ground shook even harder!! Candor was completely white and his eyes were wide with horror as he scrambled to his feet and couldn’t head to the door fast enough, pushing the other two aside and flung the door open, which opened easily now and they all three rushed down the hall, down the stairs, and out the front door running as if their mortal lives were about to end! Which they were!

I caught my breath as I panted and everything went dark, then the lamp lit again. I gasped and ran to Seth, untying his mouth and quickly untying his hands. Then hugged him, kissing him again and again. “Did they hurt you?”

Seth shook his head kissing me back. “No.” Then he chuckled. “I nearly pissed myself though.”

I hugged him tighter. “I almost did, too!” I looked back as Demetrius stood there smiling at us. I rushed him, hugging him quickly. “Thank you! Thank you, thank you!!”

Demetrius chuckled as Seth came up behind us and hugged us both. “Well, I had to do something.”

Seth chuckled. “Did you ever!!” He waved at our room. “How’d…what…I…”

Demetrius smiled. “I can tap into magic.” He shrugged. “I gave them a show. Was that good?”

I hugged Demetrius again, then thought. “The boys!!” I was about to run in their room. “They must have been terrified!”

Demetrius stopped me. “They didn’t get bothered at all.” He assured. “Dara is with them now. They’re sleeping….like babies. They didn’t see anything, feel anything or hear anything.”

I shook my head. “I thought you couldn’t do anything like that.”

Demetrius shrugged. “Well, I could this time. He had choices. As I said, we don’t make things happen but we influence things.”

Seth nodded. “And that…with Arthur?”

Demetrius shrugged again. “That wasn’t really Arthur. No one has seen what happens to a man after he dies. What punishments he faces, but I think I showed him what he’d believe. I think it looked like Arthur, Darius, and Deena, don’t you think so?”

I laughed at Demetrius. “I do.”

“That was all a show!?” Seth balked. “None of it was real!?”

Demetrius chuckled smiling. “What do you mean, not real? It was real! You saw it!!”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/19/2016 03:04 AM, Yadiris D.C. said:

I love this story I'm wondering when are u gonna post again

Right now my muse is sending me other things. I'm working on some stories for Cinderfella, I've two in the works.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..