Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,731 Words
  • 3,563 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cinderfella 2: A New Life - 7. Chapter 7

As Seth and I relaxed, I heard a bell. The tone and what it meant, I didn’t get alarmed. Seth raised his head at the sound.

“Is it okay if I see you?” Demetrius’ voice asked softly.

“Sure,” I answered.

Demetrius came in the room out of the shadows.

“Where the fuck were you!?” Seth growled, demanding very angrily. “Erik and I were almost killed! I was seconds from being raped! They were going to rape both of us! Me, which Erik was supposed to watch happen!!”

Demetrius nodded sadly. “I saw.”

“You saw!?” Seth repeated sitting up more. “You saw and did nothing!!”

I put my hand on Seth’s chest as got more understandably upset. “Easy, baby, he couldn’t.”

Seth looked at me in disbelief. “Couldn’t? Why not?”

“He wasn’t allowed to,” I explained.

“He wasn’t allowed to!?” Seth questioned incredulously. “Not allowed by God!?” He sat up now, his legs over the side of the bed. “I don’t believe it. I just fucking don’t believe it!!” He shouted. I understood his fury. He was angrier than I’d ever seen him, using language he would never use, normally.

Demetrius was now crying. “Don’t you think I would have if I were able to?” He waved at the two of us. “I love you two! It was killing me to see it and not be able to do a damned thing!” He sobbed. “I would die for either of you! You are my sons!”

Seth hung his head. “I just don’t understand. A being that could help, isn’t allowed to.”

“I’m not God! I don’t understand either, but I wasn’t allowed to stop this.” Demetrius explained. “I would have done anything!”

Seth sighed as I scooted up behind him. “Seth, this was supposed to test us.” I grinned at Demetrius. “Shape us a people, as a couple.”

Seth turned to me, tears coming down. “For what? Why?”

Demetrius shrugged. “I don’t know. But life will always shape us. That’s just the way it is.” He said simply.

Seth shook his head. “She hurt us.” He said sadly.

“Physically. But we got through it.” I said hopefully.

Seth reached down and cupped his man orbs gently. “It still burns.”

I frowned. “Your body is trying to heal.”

Seth chuckled. “She used that vice thing like she was trying to crack nuts.” In a less stressful event, it might have been humorous. “I guess she was.”

“But the damage will repair. It’s not permanent.” Demetrius assured. Then he wiped his face to rid the tear tracks and smiled. “I can help.” He held his hand out and a small bundle appeared. “Ice.”

It would get cold enough for water to freeze, but that season hadn’t gotten here yet and rarely here. Well water is cold, but the body warmed it too fast.

“Don’t worry,” Demetrius said with a smile. “The pouch is waterproof and won't leak, it won’t leak. But the ice will help.” He handed me the pouch.

“This may be a shock.” I cautioned to Seth who nodded. Gently placing the pouch between his legs, he inhaled suddenly. Then I watched as a smile formed and he relaxed. “I take it this is helping.”

Seth settled against me. “You have no idea.” He said enjoying the cold against him that was reducing the heat.

Demetrius looked pleased he was allowed to help. “All you have to do is call me, I’ll bring it every time you need it. Though, I think a day or two more is all that’s needed.”

“Why are you here?” Seth asked calmly.

“Why?” Demetrius repeated not understanding why he was asked that. “I was worried about you.”

Seth chuckled. “No, I mean why are you, Dara and Lukus here? You have these long life spans and you can access magic. Why waste your time with us mere humans?”

Demetrius nodded. “Ah, well…that’s a good question. I wish I had a good answer.” He came around the bed in front of Seth, having seen the magic work, neither Seth or I was startled when a chair nearby slid over as Demetrius sat down without thought to check if it was there. It was. “I’ll answer that by asking another question. Why not? Humans are interesting. We, creatures like myself, are very few. So, our interactions with you are very few. Boredom is one reason. If you go through life with no challenges, it can be quite boring. Interacting with you two has never been boring, I can assure you.” He chuckled. “Two humans, in a relationship like yours, is not as rare as you think, but to have one accepted by many, because of who you two are, is extremely rare. Naturally, we wanted to get in on it. I did, anyway.”

“So, we entertain you,” I said.

“On many occasions, yes.” Demetrius nodded. “We are not that different, really. We are human but descended from a different mother. The same father. Half-kin. Eve being your birth mother ancestor and ours being Lilith, Adam’s first wife.”

“We got that,” I smirked.

“Are there others like you, not so kind?” Seth asked.

Demetrius frowned. “Of course.” He nodded. “Just as there are people of your kind that aren’t that nice. Deena is one.”

Seth and I laughed at that.

“She is one that isn’t nice. You bet.” Seth agreed.

Demetrius leaned forward. “But you must see this through.”

“See what through?” I asked.

“I mean,” Demetrius said. “Go to the trial, and witness the outcome. Only when she’s gone, and you both know it, will this be over.”

“We know what the outcome will be,” Seth said quietly.

“Seeing it will confirm it in your minds,” Demetrius said calmly.

“It will be a good reason to go to the capital.” I agreed. “We can see your father.”

“Our father.” Seth grinned as he corrected me.

I laughed. “Our father.” Then I smiled. “Also, we need to plan a trip to the capital of A’Dore.”

Seth grinned. “That’s a good way.” Remarking about the distance.

“A long trip with you is always good.” I shrugged. “If we do it right, we can be there for Christian’s thirtieth birthday.”

Seth nodded. “He’ll be an old man.” He looked at me. “What’ll you think when I get that old?”

I chuckled. “Pretty confident. Your father is now in his fifties. You take after him and he looked great until the sickness took over. Even then, he looks good. We have a couple of decades to go.”

 

The next day, as in the sun rose again, since we hadn’t gotten to bed when the sun rose that same day, and we started to get back into the swing of things, but I wouldn’t leave Seth. Seth was getting better and even began walking easier. Do I have to spell it out? An injury like his made friction hurt in a very sensitive area on a man. Demetrius was good to his word, while the burning stopped, the ice to keep the swelling down was miraculous. It was that morning when we got a knock at the door.

Grace greeted the guests and had them wait while she came to us as we relaxed in our room.

“Ezekiel and Gabriel wish to see you two.” She said. “Shall I bring them up?”

Seth grinned. “Our saviors? We’ll come down.”

At the bottom of the stairs, we saw two familiar faces smiling at us.

“Glad to see you up, Sir Seth.” Gabriel grinned. “Considering.” He pointed at Seth’s crotch.

“Man,” Ezekiel groaned sympathetically. “I got kicked in the sweets by a horse once. It hurt for days!!”

Seth nodded with a grin. “But apparently there was no permanent damage.” He looked at the two knowing the answer before he asked the question. “It was very early when I saw you that night. What were you two doing up?”

Gabriel blushed. “Do you really want to know?”

“Pretty slick with the girlfriend thing.” Ezekiel smiled. “For a second, I thought you were making fun of us, referring to the other as a girlfriend.”

“But I told him, you wouldn’t do that,” Gabriel said. “It had to be you needed help, but couldn’t come out and say it.”

“And you were right,” I said. “Thank you.”

Then Ezekiel sort of lowered his eyes a little. “Can we get something from you?”

Seth looked at me. Then at them. “What?”

Gabriel raised his hands. “Not money or anything. Don’t think that.” He said hurriedly. “Just a favor.”

“Such as?” I asked.

“We thought about what you said,” Ezekiel said. “About telling our parents.”

“We’d like it…” Gabriel continued. “Could you be there when we do?”

I grinned at Seth. “Well, we do owe them.”

Seth nodded smiling. “We do, don’t we?”

“We weren’t kidding about our fathers’ wanting to kill us when they find out,” Ezekiel said.

“And if you’re there…” Gabriel added. “They won’t be as angry.” Then he thought. “Well, they will be angry, but less likely to strike a while with you there.”

“Or not at all.” I put as a possibility. “Sure.” I grinned.

Both seemed visibly relieved.

“But it will have to be in a few weeks,” Seth said. “We’ll be off to Blethos’ capital tomorrow, for the trial in a few days. It’ll have to be when we get back.”

“No problem!” Gabriel assured. “Thank you!” He took Seth’s hand, which Seth groaned as he took the hand with the broken fingers. “Sorry!” He said.

“Way to go, Gabe,” Ezekiel muttered. “They said they will help us and you hurt the poor man again!”

“I didn’t think,” Gabriel said, then took Seth’s other hand. “Sorry.”

Seth nodded with a smile. “No problem.”

I put a hand on their shoulders as I headed them to the door. “And to show there are no hard feelings, I propose we do it here.”

Ezekiel’s eyes grew. “Here!? At the manor?”

“If that’s okay with you.” I grinned. “Grace will make a great dinner, we’ll talk and then let your parents know what’s going on.”

“Then if there’s a big problem.” Seth walked with us. “You can stay here for a night or two until they get used to the idea.”

Gabriel and Ezekiel looked at each other smiling. “It almost makes me hope they do have a problem,” Ezekiel said to Gabriel. “Good eats, and hot water right out of pipes!”

“I know!” Gabriel nodded as they walked out.

 

The trip to Blethos’ capital was easy. The carriage was readied and we headed out. Arriving we entered the palace and were shown the room we’d had our first night together. Only we were surprised as a new door was there in the room. Opening it I was grinning at what I saw. Samuel had taken the room next to it and added a tub and toilet! Next to the tub was a tank for the hot water to heat up.

“I guess he’s begun adding to the palace.” Seth grinned looking over my shoulder.

“Yes,” Samuel said behind us suddenly. “The hard part was getting the water up here.” He smiled. “Pumping water up a pipe was a bit of a trick. We’re pumping fresh well water, but then I thought, the power of the river would help. But we got it worked out. What do you think?”

I hugged him. “I think it’s great. Hi, Sam!”

Seth put a brotherly arm over his brother’s shoulder. “Pretty slick. How are you?”

Samuel nodded. “I’m good. Terry’s good and Michael is always good.” He grinned.

“And Dad?” Seth asked quietly.

Samuel then frowned. “He’s not too good.” He sighed. “He’s gotten so much weaker. Even from when you saw him last.” He shook his head. “He barely has enough strength to be up more than a few hours a day. We were told it wouldn’t be long now.”

The knowledge it was going to happen was bad enough. Realizing it was happening was so much worse.

“The fact that the threat the Thorne’s posed is nearly at an end….” Samuel said, then shrugged. “At least it will give him some peace.”

“Is Deena here?” I asked.

Samuel nodded, then shrugged. “She wanted to live at the palace. Her last days are here, only in the dungeon.” He pointed at the floor. She was far below the floor.

 

Seeing Alex was again shocking. His strength was nearly gone. Most all of his hair was white now and his body was withering away. But he smiled broadly when Seth and I came in his room as he rested in bed.

“Hi, sons!” He greeted brightly.

“Hello, Dad.” Seth greeted and we both hugged the man.

“Are you two okay now?” Alex asked us looking at both of us, his fingers ran over the bruise that was healing on my face.

Seth nodded. “Still have two fingers to heal yet, but almost good as new.”

The bruise on my face had gone from black and blue to a faded mark that was going away. “It’ll all be healed,” I told Alex.

“It’s almost done,” Alex said. “One more thorn to scrape off the rose.”

“Were they always against the crown?” I asked.

“Not as openly,” Alex said. “They were cagey about it. I was always told my great uncle, Arthur’s grandfather was a bit mad if you know what I mean. But they married well and seemed to be fine. That madness must have skipped a generation.”

“But picked up on by Arthur’s children.” I nodded. “But justice will be done.”

Alex nodded. “And I intend to be right there when it happens.”

 

The day of the trial started like any other. The sun came out, birds sang, no indication that anything was amiss. But it was the last day for one person. It was a rare case that King Samuel ruled on. There were judges that also knew the law and enforced them. But Samuel didn’t think a ruling by him was appropriate. He was directly involved. Not as a victim, as such, but closely related to Seth and me. But the trial was in the palace. In the royal courtroom, many were assembled to see the trial. All, including King Samuel rose as the judges came in. Alex was told to remain seated. The judges’ names were announced as they sat.

“The first case.” One of the judges said, reading his paper in front of him. “Rollin Wilkins, bring him in, please.”

The same man, the one with the dirty blonde hair was brought in. He still looked awful as the night I saw him. Only now he wore a sack of cloth, gray and covered him barely. Shackled hands and feet he stood in the middle of the floor on the ornate mosaic tile.

“Rollin Wilkins. You are charged with a few assaults, not just the one that you were apprehended committing in Royal Valley, assaults where you cut your victims, several in which earned you the name of The Slasher. How do you plead?”

The man glared. “I didn’t do anything. I’m innocent.”

“We have witnesses that say otherwise that is documented.” The judge said simply. “Because you were not implemented directly in the death of any citizen of Blethos, nor were you witnessed to commit any other crime, for the other crimes you are found guilty except for the assault on members of the royal family. The sentence is life at Galgor. The penal colony on the island of Galgor.” The judge struck his wooden mallet. “It is so ordered.”

Guards pulled him away which the man didn’t resist.

“The next case is Deena Thorne. Bring her in, please.” A judge said.

What I saw made my heart ache, but not because I felt sorry for her condition, but how a human being could do the things she’d done to end up here. Gone was the pretty young woman. Bathing apparently was not a priority in the dungeon. She also wore a gray sack of cloth. Her hair was rich and full before, now hung in a tangled mess and she was dirty. Her face, arms and any portion of skin was smudged with dirt. She knew she was in big trouble, but a part of her was still not believing this was happening and held defiance.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

When Zek and Gabriel move in together, I'm guessing they'll add a Demetrius-inspired bathroom fixtures too!

 

I believe you meant sackcloth, a very coarse, rough fabric woven from flax or hemp (originally goat's hair). There are also religious connotations to the term which is associated with mourning or submission.

Link to comment

Just wondering Eric, did you have a particular disease or condition in mind when writing about Alex's sickness. You never mention anything so I was curious. 🤗

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 8/6/2019 at 9:33 AM, Will Hawkins said:

It seems so much like cancer and that disease would be mysterious and totally deadly in this era. 

I agree Will.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..