Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 4,241 Words
  • 2,032 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There Once Was Love - 15. Chapter 13

Long time over do. Between, classes, work, and then moving back to michigan. And then couldnt find a copy for Office 2007. It sucked royally. I hope that i can get back into the groove of writing again. Enjoy :)

There Once Was Love

Chapter 13

 

Rolling over, I thought I could get some sleep, but the images of Keith punching Eric in the jaw kept my brain from silencing. I still couldn’t figure out why he had done it in the first place. There we were, Eric and I we were having fun. We got close enough to each other to say some loving things, and occasionally rub up against each other. It was all very erotic. But then, out of the blue, Keith just comes and ruins it by punching Eric. Ugh! Men!

Blinking open my eyes, I look at the clock; it read eight thirty. I hated myself right then. It was early enough to still be morning, but late enough to know that the world had already started. I didn’t want to go to school and face them, so I just rolled out of bed. Slowly, I meandered over to the bathroom and hopped in the shower.

Afterwards, I descended the stairs to find my father sitting in his oversized, overstuffed chair, reading the morning paper, while occasionally drinking his black with two sugars coffee. Hah, now that I think about it, I take mine just like him. I have always wondered where I got that from.“Hey, Dad.” He didn’t respond right away.

“Hey, son,” he said, clearing his throat, “So I hear that this Eric person is in the hospital.”

“I so wish you’d stop saying, ‘this Eric person’. It’s not nice; it’s rude. And yes, Keith decided last night that he just wanted to hit Eric for no reason. Hence, I’m up so early. Well, that and I don’t want to go to school.”

“That’s very understandable son, but you do know that life goes on, whether you want it to or not. Keith probably had a reason for hitting thi… I mean Eric. Who knows, he might have been flirting with him.”

I laughed at that, so hard that I actually had tears coming down my cheeks. “Now, that’s hilarious. Eric flirting with Keith? Right, sure Dad.” I laughed my way into the kitchen and got myself a cup of Joe.

“Seriously, it could happen you know.”

“I highly doubt it, but, you know, stranger things have happened. Shit, this year alone has been a weird one.”

“Yea, you’re telling me.”

And that’s how the morning started for us- laughing and talking. Damn, it has been awhile since my father and I actually had a conversation that wasn’t wrapped around death or business. In all honesty, it was the beginning of a great day.

“So you are going to see, thi… Damn it. I mean Eric, sorry. Let me start over.Are you going to see Eric this morning?” he asked. You have to give him credit; at least he’s trying.

“Yea, I was. I want to make sure that he is all right. And I’m yearning for a kiss,” I smirked.

“I bet you are. Amongst other things, right?” He actually said that…

I coughed a couple of times, because he said that just as I was taking a sip of coffee. “I can’t believe you just went there.”

“What? I was just teasing.”

“Good way to make people hack up a lung, too. But I don’t know about the second part; it could happen.” I shrugged.

“In all seriousness, I’m glad that you have someone, Thomas. I haven’t seen you smile this much, since… Damn, it’s been a long time.”

“I know; he just brings out the good in me.”

“That’s what your step-mother did for me.” He smiled sadly.

“I know, Dad.”

“Well, this morning, the people from the coroner’s office called. They said that we could bury your step-mother.”

“Don’t worry, at least then she can rest in peace, finally.”

“I know, but, god dammit, I miss her.” I hugged my father right then. How can you soothe a broken heart?

“I’m sorry, Dad. But I have to go, I want to see Eric,” I said, as I put the cup in the sink.

“Tell Eric I said hi, and to feel better.”

“I will,” I said before I shut the door behind me.

Before I left, I sat in my truck and sighed. Things were about to change. I could feel it. Either it’s going to be bad, good, or indifferent. It didn’t matter very much; I’m a strong enough person to ride it out, and hopefully, at the end, things will become better.

Have you ever realized how crazy driving is? Here I am sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Well, I couldn’t complain too much, this is New York City after all. The only things I love about this place are the clothing stores and the food. The food is to die for. Oh, we can’t forget about the boys. New York is a candy store.

Finally, I arrived at the hospital; it took an hour, when usually it only takes twenty minutes. Anyway, here I am standing at the shop entrance, wondering if I really wanted to go in there. Of course I did, I wanted to buy my baby a get well thing. I felt bad for him, and me still being mad at Keith made me feel even worse.

Walking through the aisles, I finally chose what I wanted to get him, a plush teddy bear with a bottle cap necklace, not knowing at the time that I would be paying seventy five dollars, for something that I could have gotten cheaper elsewhere. But Eric, being Eric, is my boyfriend, so I would do anything to make him happy, even if it took my last dollar.

Slowly I made my way into his room; I was dragging my feet the whole way. When I brought him here last night, the doctors and nurses said they wanted to keep him overnight because he was unconscious. That was understandable.

Peeking through the window, I saw Eric sleeping on his side. All curled up and looking cute, he looked like sleeping beauty; that’s because he is beautiful. I opened the door quietly and stepped in. Setting down the bear and necklace, I settled into the chair next to his bed and I watched him sleep. I was almost tempted to reach out and stroke his cheek, but I settled for a quick peck on his hand. That’s when he blinked his eyes open and stared at me.

His eyes were still mesmerizing, but they didn’t look quite the same. It was as if I could see hate coming to the surface, but that soon was replaced by a kinder, gentler looking Eric. I was thankful.

“Hey,” he quietly spoke.

“Hey, yourself.” A smile crept onto my face.

“What happened last night?” he asked groggily, as he turned onto his back.

“Do you really want to know?”

“I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t.” Sarcasm, the jack of all trades.

“Well, Keith punched you.”

“Why?” was all he asked. I couldn’t blame him. It was totally unlike Keith to just punch someone.

“I don’t know. After he did that, Lacey forced him from the club. You should have seen her; oh my god, she was so pissed. I have never once seen a petite woman so angry.”

“Damn, I missed that. That blows.” He spoke with a laugh in his voice. But then he winced.

“I’m sorry; it’s not nice to make you laugh when your jaw is probably killing you.”

“No, no, it’s alright. I am glad you’re here. You’re the first person that came to see me.”

“That’s because, I … I … Damn it!” I said in frustration.

“What?”

I sighed and said, "I love you, alright?”

And then enters the awkwardness…as though an elephant entered the room.

Looking at Eric, you could tell that he was in deep thought. I hope I didn’t fuck it up by saying that… Stupid, stupid, stupid!

“I’m sorry, I… I shouldn’t have said that.”

Eric whipped his head towards me so fast, that I cringed. It hurt me just to watch him do that. He didn’t look as cute anymore; his face, it was creased in pain. Those eyes of his were beads, piercing into me. Damn!

“Don’t you ever take that back again. Do … do, you hear me?” Eric sniffled. Dammit, now I felt like shit.

“I didn’t mean to make you upset, but I care, alright? I love you and I want you in my life for a long time.” I got up and kissed his cheek. The cheeky bastard turned his head and I kissed him on the lips. He’s good, very good. I’ll give him that.

“You should be. I can’t explain it or say it right now, but trust me, I like you just as much.” He smirked. And the cute adorable face came back.

“Excuse me, gentlemen, Eric needs to get an x-ray, just to see if anything is fractured. You can come back later, Mr.?”

“Thomas.”

“Ok, Mr. Thomas, come back later.”

“That’s fine; I just stopped by to see my baby. I have to go.”I kissed Eric before I left.

From the hospital, I visited Lacey. I knew she probably talked to Keith by now.

There I stood facing her house, a traditional but modern looking home. I knew Lacey had money, but apparently they don’t flash it around like the rest of us. Anyway, off topic. Her home had roses running up one side of it, and bushes that brought out the color. In actuality, I wouldn’t mind living here. Lacey’s front yard had a tire swing, giant oak tree, and a garden. It looked very pleasing where I stood. I smirked before I started to walk up the cobble stone walkway.

The wind picked up then, making the leaves blow across the yard. That brought me back to my childhood, coming home from school and watching the leaves swirl and dance on the lawn. Good times, good times. One’s that I wouldn’t want to get rid of.

I climbed the steps and knocked twice at the door.

“I’m coming, hold your horses!” yelled Lacey from behind the door.

Giggling, I replied, “Well hurry the hell up.”

“Oh, it’s you. Come in.”

“Thank you.”

“What can I do for you, Tom?”

“Well, I was wondering… have you talked to Keith lately.”

“Why as a matter of fact, I did. I just got off the phone with him not long ago.”

“Did he say anything?”

“Why, should he have?”

“Well, I just wanted to know if he told you why he punched Eric last night.”

“Thomas, there aresome things that I need to tell you about Keith.”

“Why does it sound like this isn’t something that I want to hear?”

“Just sit down; I’ll get the tea and coffee.”

While I waited, I got a chance to actually look around her house. And what a beautiful house it is. The paneling matched the color of the wooden floor, and that matched the drapes. Everything came together. Even the wall hangings complemented the décor. Mirrors were strung along the walls, and with that, some family photos. What ultimately brought this room together was the crystal chandelier. It gracefully hung down low, allowing the sun coming in to hit it, making the high ceiling dance with color.

“Here we are,” Lacey said as she put down the tray she was carrying.

“Thank you.”

“So as I was saying, there are some things that you need to know about Keith, Thomas.”

“Like what? What don’t I know already?”

“Well for example, Keith has a secret that he hasn’t really told anyone… ever.”

“Lacey, stop beating around the bush, just spit it out.”

“He’s gay, Thomas.”

That hung in the air for a while. Neither of us spoke. How can this be, my Keith, gay? What? “That can’t be possible. Keith, isn’t gay?”

“Yes, Thomas. It threw me for a loop as well. But that’s why he’s been very peculiar about you. He likes you, a lot actually.”

“Why hasn’t he ever said anything about this to me?”

“Because you’re with Eric…”

“Before that. Before everything happened.”

“I don’t know; that is something that you will have to ask him yourself.”

“Like I said earlier, this isn’t something that I wanted to hear. I don’t believe he’s gay or ever was. Keith is just probably trying to get attention or something. I know my best friend and he isn’t… he isn’t gay.

“This is too much. First I get accused of cheating, then I have a stalker, then I have Eric back, and now I find out that my “supposed” bestfriend loves me, and on top of that he’s gay.”

“When you put it like that, sweetie, it does sound all kinds of fucked up,” Lacey laughs, but I understood her humor.

“Well I’m going to go. I have things to do.”

“Alright, hun, if you need anything, just call.” We hugged and gave each other air kisses before I left.

           

            **************

           

I found myself sitting at my desk, staring at a blank piece of paper. After awhile I got tired of trying to make the words come to me. So now I’m just sitting here, tapping the pencil against the damned thing. Hah, it’s kind of humorous in a way. My love is in the hospital because of my bestfriend, who apparently loves me.

Sigh, how can this day get anymore… Nope not going to say it, because it will, and it can’t. “Fuck!” I yell out to no one in particular.

“Is everything alright, Tom?” my Dad asks from the living room.

“Um, my life.”

“Uh, alright.”

“Thanks Dad.” I respond sarcastically.

           

Dear Keith,

How can you feel the way you do about me? Why wait all this time, why did you wait until I found someone. Someone who completes me? I don’t think you are, or ever were, gay. You probably just feel like I’m replacing you with Eric. That’s not the case. I value our friendship, and what we have. I can’t give you more than that. I hope you understand.

On a positive note, I’m sorry for wronging you, treating you as if you aren’t important anymore. I’m sorry for all the things that I have done, and probably will do. I can’t make promises that I probably won’t or shouldn’t keep. Please, either talk to me or write me a letter like I’m doing to you.

Sincerely,

Your bestfriend,

Tom.

           

            **********

For awhile I pondered if I wanted to seriously give Keith the letter. I didn’t tell him everything that I wanted to, but I put in enough to let him know that things shouldn’t change between us and how I felt. I hope he understands, and if, by chance, he is gay, then maybe he should just find himself a boyfriend like I did. Without the drama and the bullshit, of course.

Lifting myself out of my chair, I folded the letter and went down stairs. I found my dad sitting in his lazy boy, flipping through the numerous channels. I smirked knowingly.

“Hey, Dad?”

“Yea, son.”

“I’m going to drop this letter off at Keith’s and then go visit Eric. And if by chance he gets out, can he spend the night?”

“Well, I did tell you this morning that Eric should come over more often, and I want to meet the boy who has stolen my boy's heart. So I guess that’s a yes.”

“Thank you, Dad. I love you.”

“You’re welcome. And I love you too. Just so you know, though, I don’t want to hear anything coming from your room. No sex.”

“Oh my goodness, Dad!”

“What? Just because I’m older doesn’t mean that I don’t know what two boys do behind closed doors. I was young once too, you know.”

“I know that, but you didn’t have to say it. Now I’m embarrassed.”

“Good, hahah!”

“No, not good. It’s going to be awkward when I bring Eric back.”

“Oh, shush. Go visit your man. And tell him hi for me.”

“Will do, love ya, and see you later.”

“Ditto.”

On the way to the hospital, I was thinking. ‘What if Eric doesn’t want to spend the night Would it be awkward if he did? Would it be awkward for me? Hell, would it be awkward for my dad?’

Eric and I have been together for almost five months now, and we only spent one night together. Does that say something about our relationship? Does it matter if we did or not? I can say this though, I hope I get to, because I really do want to snuggle up to him and put my arm around him. Maybe even foreplay with him a little. That little thought started me on the road of lust.

By the time I got there, I had a full blown hard on. It was kind of weird to walk. Especially since every few steps I had to adjust myself because the fabric wasn’t helping. I was oozing sex by the time I got to his room.

“Hey, babes.”

“Hey…” He cocked his head to the right, and smirked.

“What?”

“Someone’s horny.” That made me blush hard.

“Hah, yea. I'm a dirty little boy. Do you wish to spank me?” We both rolled on that one. It was amazing to see Eric smile. His smiles always lit up my world.

“Do you want me to?”

“Ooo, someone’s kinky tonight… Oh, by the way…”

“Yes?” he asked, the smile diminished to just a smirk.

“I was… Well I am hoping that you want to spend the night with me.” I said hopefully.

While I waited for my answer, I shuffled my feet, and looked down at the floor. Maybe I was being bashful, but he’s my man. I don’t want him to disappoint me.

“What did your dad say? Remember the night that I spent before, right before he was supposed to be home, and remember that morning? I don’t want a repeat of that morning.”

“You won't, I promise. And my dad is actually cool with you and me. He says that he is proud of me for finding someone to love. And he also says that he wants to get to know you a little bit better.” I smiled, but I still waited for my answer.

“Well, I guess it’s fine. We have to stop at my place to get some things, though.”

After the conversation, Eric and I just talked about a lot of different things. We didn’t need movies or friends; we had each other. And it was actually great to just have him to myself, you know?I don’t know how to say this, but chillin' with Eric in a hospital room was kind of awesome. I had him all to myself and I loved it.

Knock-Knock

“Come in!” We both say.

“Oh, hey, Thomas. Eric here gets to go home. Isn't that wonderful?”

I looked over to Eric and smiled. “Um, by wonderful… Do you mean pain in my ass?” Eric punched me in the arm.

“That wasn’t very nice,” he pouted.

“Hah! Yes, Doc, it is wonderful.”

So after we talked with the Doctor, he was discharged. I helped him into the truck and drove him over to his house. I thought Lacey freaked when she found out what Keith did, but his family… damn! Multiply that by at least ten. Everyone surrounded us, making sure he was alright. And then they didn’t want him to leave with me. That made me kind of unpleasant, you could say. However, in the end, his family let him leave. Eric put up a fight, and won. My baby, he stood his ground.

Before long we arrived back at my place. And who was there waiting for us? My dad. There he sat, reading a book. We never actually use the porch for much. But that’s because we don’t usually invite people over.

“Hello, Sir,” Eric said timidly.

“And hello to you too, Eric,” he laughed, “… Please, just call me Frank.”

“Um, alright, Sir,” Eric said with his head bowed.

My dad looks to me with a question written in his eyes. I just shrug my shoulders, I didn’t know what to say, and even if I did, I probably wouldn’t know how to say it.

“Eric?” my dad asks gently. But that still made Eric flinch a bit. “You don’t have to be afraid, son; everything is alright.”

I snaked my arms around Eric’s mid-section and held him, my dad just smiled up at me. I whisper in Eric’s ear, “Everything is alright, Eric; Dad and I talked. He understands, and approves. So just relax, alright, sweetie?”

Eric spun around and hugged me something fierce, I hugged him back, of course, but the shock of it floored me. He, quietly as he could, wept into my shoulder, while I just stroked his back.

“Eric?” my dad again said, gently. I had to help Eric turn around and look at my father.

“Yes, Sir?”

“Hah, my boy, stop calling me that. I’m not my father. I’m not that old.” Dad and I laughed at that while Eric still looked skittish… he also blushed fiercely.

“Come in, come in… you’re probably tired and hungry. Dinner is set.”

“Dad you cooked? And the house didn’t burn down? Wow, I’m impressed.”

“Oh shove it, son.”

During dinner we tried to get Eric to open up and chat a little, but sadly, he didn’t. And that’s how we spent dinner, with my Dad and me talking, while Eric just picked at his plate. I felt really bad for him, especially because the last time he was around my father, my dad told him that he should leave. I hope he understands that my dad isn’t going to do that this time.

“Eric, you ready for bed?” That’s when he lifted up his head, peeked at me, and slowly nodded his head, yes. With a sideways look at my dad, I told him with my eyes what he should do.

“Eric, listen. I know the last time that you were here, I told you that you had to leave. That was before I knew what you and Thomas had. I wasn’t being mean or anything, but it was shocking, and that day Thomas and I sat down. He set me straight… Well we talked, and now I understand. So I hope in time that you will forgive me, and we could maybe have something along the lines of friendship.”

Eric nodded his head, and with that, I grabbed his hand and lead him to my room. He stood at my bedroom door looking in with uncertain eyes. “Maybe I shouldn’t sleep in here. Considering…”

I looked at him with compassion and said, “Eric, do you think that I’m going to let you sleep in another room?”

“Well I don’t want your father getting upset or telling me that I have to leave, again.”

“Listen, hun… Everything is fine; my dad already knows that you will be sleeping here. And he also knows how I feel towards you.” I grabbed his hands gently and ledhim towards my bed. I shut my door, after I yelled to my dad that we were going to bed and that I love him. Of course he said it back.

After shutting the door, I put my back to it and looked at Eric. He had his head bowed, and looked miserable. Almost to the point of making me cry. I didn’t want my baby to be sad. I wanted him to be glad that my dad actually understood and gets it.

“Come on, baby, let’s get some sleep.” He nodded his head without a word, and started to undress. I followed suit and soon we stood with nothing on but our boxer briefs. Lifting back the covers, I invited Eric in first. I made sure that he was covered before I went to my side of the bed and climbed in…

With that, I spooned up to his backside and held him, while we entwined our hands. “I love you, Eric.”

“I love you too, Tom.”

And that’s how we slept.

 

~Till next time~

PS:

I’m sorry that it has taken me so long to get this chapter, done…

Thank you,

Remijay<3

Vote, comment, like :)
All the character's and names in this story is property of this Author. This story is not for sell or to used as a profit. If there is anyone out there with names of my character's then its pearly coincidental. Thanks again and have a great day!
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

every chapter i read, makes me think there are pieces missing. in the beginning it was his mother, then it changed to a step-mom. stalker? what stalker? Zach and the gang, who's that? big blow up with dad when he finds Tom and Eric, but all of a sudden every thing is peachy-keen? the paramedic? did it really happen or was it fantasy?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/17/2016 02:19 PM, mogwhy said:

every chapter i read, makes me think there are pieces missing. in the beginning it was his mother, then it changed to a step-mom. stalker? what stalker? Zach and the gang, who's that? big blow up with dad when he finds Tom and Eric, but all of a sudden every thing is peachy-keen? the paramedic? did it really happen or was it fantasy?

I am sorry. When i wrote this story, i wasnt the greatest. And i apologize. The time line in this story doesnt flow together. The characters in it changed. Along with what happened. The newer chapters are alot better than the previous chapters. i am also missing two chapters. I hope in all i havent discouraged you in reading my other stories. OR finishing this one.

 

Thank you, for taking the time to review my story.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..