Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 2,303 Words
  • 1,995 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There Once Was Love - 21. Chapter 21- Epilogue

The ending of this story. It has been a long and wonderful adventure. i hope everyone has liked this story. It means alot to me.

They say those feelings you experience right before something good or bad happens shapes the way you look at it in the future.

As we were leaving that night, my dad snaps one last photo of us. We smile at him and run for the limo. No more pictures, haha except for at Prom. Don’t get me wrong, I am very photogenic but not when its embarrassing for me. Not including Eric. He’s beat red. The color suits him very nicely though, especially with the tux that he has on. I can’t wait to rip it off him and go to town tonight.

“Hah, babe. My dad wow. You’d think that he never takes pictures.” I say to Eric as I lean my head on his shoulder.

“Yea, the way he was acting. Was like he would never get another picture of you.” I could tell that Eric was smiling.

“Exactly. Don’t get me wrong, I love getting my pictures taken but not tonight. Tonight I want the attention on you.” I added with a wink

“What is that supposed to mean?” Eric asks

“I cannot say.” I shrug, “Driver, to Lacey’s house please.”

“Will do.” And he rolls up the divider to us get space

“I have always liked limos for that reason. Not including the space.”

“Exactly, the space. Oh, don’t forget, party tonight. Back at my place. My dad will have everything ready by the time Prom is over. OR over for us at least.”

“So a party and then the after party?” Eric smiles next to me.

“Exactly.”

I held Eric’s hand as the limo became quiet. I liked it honestly, I had some alone time with him, before things get too crazy. “I love you Eric.” I whisper

“I love you too, Tom.” He kisses my head

We arrive at Lacey’s I give Eric a kiss on the cheek before sliding out and going up to Lacey’s front door. Knocking on it, I hear, “I’ll be right there.” From the other side of the door.

When Lacey opened her door, I gasped. She really knows how to clean up. Hair in curls, in a bun. The dress is black with sparkles. The heels looked really expensive. Looking up at Lacey, she smiled. “You look beautiful Lacey.” She blushed and said, “Thank you Tom. You look very handsome tonight. I wonder was Eric looks like?”

“Oh, him. He looks gorgeous.”

“I bet.”

“Shall we?” I hook my arm and Lacey puts hers through it, and I escort her to the car. The driver comes around and opens the door for both of us, but I think mainly for Lacey. She has that effect on people.

“Oh wow, you weren’t kidding. Eric does look gorgeous.” She kisses him on the cheek, while I slide to Eric.

“Why thank you, Lacey. You look beautiful.” He states.

“So do we have to pick up your date, Lacey?” Eric asks

“Oh no, he’s going to be meeting us there.”

“Oh, alright.” I state

“Where to, sir?” The driver asks

“I guess to the school.” I tell him

“ Alright, we should be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Sounds good.” With that the driver, rolls back up the window.

“The driver is cute. Don’t you think?” Lacey says

“He’s cute. But I have what I want.” I snake an arm around Eric

“I think he’s trying to get lucky tonight.”Eric says to Lacey

“I would have to agree. Normally he isn’t this affectionate.” Lacey laughs at my expression

“I’ll have both of you know that I am very affectionate and I don’t need to be trying to get laid, when I get enough of that already.” They both laugh at me. As I blush

As the subject is changed, we chat animatedly about the Prom and what and who we might see there. Lacey is the head of dances, student body president, and numerous of other things. I don’t honestly see how she can do all that, and still have time to do other things.

We actually made it to the school in less time than the driver thought. He must have saw all the limos in front of the school, because we waited until the driver parked in the middle to let us out. Numerous of the kids from our school were making their way in. So we followed suit. You could clearly sound the thumping of the bass from outside the building. I hope Lacey picked something that everyone can dance to.

“You guys ready?” Asked Lacey

“I know I am, what about you Eric?”

“Oh, I don’t know. But with you guys here. I should be.” With that we hooked arms and went inside. The cafeteria was totally different. Most of the tables were taken out and the ones that were left were pushed to the sides giving more room for the dance floor. This year, the theme was fun under the sun. Streamers were stretched across the ceiling in black and blue, our schools colors. With black and blue chairs and tables. Candles and vases were placed at every table, with flowers as well. In front sat the DJ stand up on a stage. Punch and food on the right side of the cafeteria with a lot of people already surrounding it. Pictures were being taken by the left side of the cafeteria. With some people gathering around.

The prom was already in full swing, by time we got there. So we found a table and sat. I asked Eric, “Do you want some punch or anything?” He looks at me, but I don’t think he was actually looking at me. Waving my hand infront of him, he blinks and adjusts his eyes to mine. “What?” He asks

“I asked if you wanted some punch or anything.” I said again.

“No, but look.” He points behind me. And there stood Keith. With a guy attached to him arm. I guess he found someone. That’s good. But who is he?

Keith wore a traditional Tux, black and white, with a black tie. His hair is cut and spiked. He looked really nice. Handsomely so. “Want to go say hi?” I ask Eric. He looks at me like I have lost my mind

“Do you honestly think that I want to go say hi to someone that sent me to the hospital and is a clear threat to our relationship? Are you serious right now Tom.”

“Alright. Never mind my asking.” With that I huffed out and looked at some of my friends that were gathering around the punch bowl. When I looked over there, I saw some pour in what I assumed was liquor.

“Well I’m getting some punch.” With that I got up and went over there. As I was standing in line. Keith came up to me, “Hey.” He says, hestitantly

“What do you want, Keith?” I pointedly asked

“I know that I haven’t been around lately and that’s my fault. But I have my reasons.”

“And what would that be?” Stepping closer to the punch bowl.

“I have a boyfriend now.” He says

“That’s good. Maybe he can help you become a better person.” I turn from him and grab the utensil

“That wasn’t very nice of you.” Keith says

“Yea, and what would you know about being nice? I mean c’mon Keith, from the beginning of this school year you haven’t been acting like yourself. You pushed me off a cliff, you tell me that you love me, when are in the car together. And then when I find someone you send them to the hospital. And then you confess your love again to me, but deny it also. I mean Keith, bro. Really?!”

“Well all that stuff wasn’t meant to happen, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I did save you from death.” Keith shoves his finger in my chest. I rub the spot and look at him, “Keith you have changed. From the person that I thought you were. I don’t know who you are anymore. I am glad that you have someone now. But I don’t care. As far as I’m concerned we don’t have to be friends anymore.” With that I walk away. True to my word, I honestly didn’t care that Keith wasn’t my friend anymore. After all, he’s the one that cut the ties. I just made it known that I wasn’t looking for his friendship anymore.

“What was that about?” Eric asks

“Nothing.” I state, as I took a big sip from the spiked punch

“Right, I don’t believe that.”

“Fine, babe. Keith and I aren’t friends anymore. There is a lot that you don’t know and I don’t know if you want to know.”

“Oh I do, but it doesn’t need to be said now. They are about to announce homecoming king and queen.” Eric says

“Oh? Was over there that long?” I look to Lacey but she was sucking face with a guy.

“Yes, you were actually. I was about to come pull you away from him, because I felt jealous.”

“NO need to feel jealous, like I said Keith and I aren’t friends anymore.”

“I don’t know if that is a good thing or not.”

“Well I don’t care.”

“Hello ladies and gentlemen, I have two envelopes here. If you would please, may your way over here. I’ll get on with it.”

“The king for this years Prom is…” There was a pause as the Principal opened the note, “Eric Warner.” Everyone around us applauded and shouted. I smiled big at him, as the spot light flooded his face.

“Why me?” He says to me, I just shrug

“Come on young man, come claim your crown.” He gets up and makes his way over to the stage. Eric bows a little as the Principal places the crown on his head. All the way, everyone in the cafeteria roared with delight. “Now for the queen or king.” The Principal says, there’s another pause as he gets the letter out. “This years Prom king is Thomas Erikson!” The applause only became louder at that point. Someone must have stuffed that box. Because I didn’t even run in the prom debate. I looked over at Lacey and she had a huge smile upon her face. I love her.

“You cheat.” I told her as I made my way over to the stage. I stood next to Eric as the Principal placed the crown on my head.

“As per Prom there will be a dance for the lucky couple. Please make some room for them.” The Principal says to the other’s

The song that played, is Eric’s favorite song. The song that I had playing for him when I asked him to the dance. I felt a rush of emotion as I looked out to Lacey. And she was standing there with her hand over her mouth. I took Eric by the hand and led him to the dance floor.

As we faced each other, the music faded and so did everyone else. All that mattered right now, is that Eric and I are dating together at Prom. I love him so much.

“I love you Eric.”

“I love you too, Tom.”

The dance floor came back to life as couples came and danced with us. Such a touching song, and feeling. I almost cried.

When the song ended I led Eric off the dance floor, and got engulfed by Lacey with bone breaking hug. I returned it with a much softer one. “Thank you, Lacey.” I smiled at her. “You’re so welcome. Both of you.” She says

“Can we go to the after party now?” Lacey stated

“What, you don’t want to stay any longer?”

“They have already named King and King. No point of staying around now.” She did have a point.

“Yea, let’s go. But first I have to do something.” I turn towards Eric and planted a kiss on his lips.

He blushed afterwards, “Actually we have to take Pictures too.” Eric says as he leads us over there.

“Alright, how about one with us, and then them. And then all of us together?” Lacey says

“That sounds perfect.” I Said from beside her

After the pictures were taken, especially one with Eric and I kissing. We left the Prom hand in hand.

 

It has been ten years since we left Prom that night. And I couldn’t have been happier at that moment in my life. I had Eric and Eric had me. I wish that I could tell you that our lifes were easy from day forward but I am not about to lie. I learned the hard way. Anyway, Eric and I have had a lot of fights during since then. We separated a few times and explored our options. We even went to get some help with our relationship. But nothing seemed to work. I have wished for so long now that things could have been different. I still love Eric with all my heart and I haven’t let him go. I can’t seem to either.

After some years apart, we met again at a coffee shop. And from that day forward we have gone into this relationship knowing what the other is like. High school is over. As for Lacey and Keith? Well, Keith isn’t part of us anymore. We haven’t heard from him in years. And I haven’t looked back since. As for Lacey well she is still the same. Except she is now a CEO of her own company and we keep in contact with each other often. Speaking of her, Eric and I have a dinner with her in Paris this weekend. And then our ten year reunion after that. I wonder if Keith will be there.

Please like and review. Thank you for reading, please visit some of my other work. Thank you :)
All the character's and names in this story is property of this Author. This story is not for sell or to used as a profit. If there is anyone out there with names of my character's then its pearly coincidental. Thanks again and have a great day!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..