Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 2,537 Words
  • 2,418 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There Once Was Love - 11. Chapter 9

Hmmm yet another chapter, without comments or anything! Hmm kinda makes you wonder....Anyways, have a good read

There Once Was Love!
Chapter 9
Getting Caught

Cyrus

I walked around the corner from Tom and, well, the only way I could explain it was that I missed the contact with him already... I just missed him already. If I sound clingy then that’s what I am; I can’t deny it. Sighing out loud for the world to hear, my body seemed to feel content. To be able to walk in bliss is great.
I arrived at my door, only to have it fling open. My brother stood there, smiling at me. I didn’t get it, what was he so happy about? I had to ask, but not here in the open, probably in my room. Pushing Daemon out of my way, I yelled that I was home for all to hear, like they’d care anyway. After I slipped off my shoes, I went to the kitchen to find my mother and father sitting at the table, putting a puzzle together. I was not one for puzzles, they always made me mad. Walking around the island to the fridge, I opened it to find some apple juice, my favorite drink ever.

“Hey son, where have you been? Usually you’re home by now and in your room,” my mother commented with her usual concern over her kids, like always.

“Oh, I went to the river, it was pretty awesome tonight, if I do say so myself.” My lips curled up into a smile, I must have looked strange to my parents, because they both looked at me. That was my queue to leave; I didn’t want an awkward moment.

My brother was waiting for me to leave the kitchen. I walked past him to the stairs. Looking behind me I saw Daemon following me like a lost puppy dog, so I had to ask. “What’s up? You need something?”

“Nah, just need to talk, that’s all. Why, am I being bothersome?”

“No, just asking.” Looking forward again, heading for my room, with my brother in tow, it might have seemed cute, and honestly, when he was younger it was, but now it seems annoying. Again, I couldn’t tell him off, he wanted to talk to me, like he did this morning.

“OK Daem, what’s bothering you?”

“Why, does anything have to be wrong? I just missed you, that’s all.” That last part he put in a whine, as though he wasn’t welcome.

“Alright, spill.”

“OK, OK. I like this kid in school, I just don’t know how to make him pay attention to me, and I need your help with it, please?” Awww, he sounded so cute, and small. I just wanted to pick him up and cradle him, hahaha… Yea, right.

“Alright, what does this kid look like, what does he…I mean she do, what’s her personality?”

“Wow, if I knew that you were going to do twenty one questions, I would have figured it out on my own.” Sarcastic much?

“OK. God. Just tell me.”

“Well you weren’t wrong about the guy part.” He paused in explaining, I think he was waiting for me to explode, but if he wants a reaction, then he should talk to Mom and Dad.

“What are you waiting for, get on with it!”

“What?”

“I said get on with it.”

“But, but, but…I thought that you were going to like freak out something.”

“Why in the hell would I?”

Like clockwork, “Cyrus, watch your tongue!” my mother yelled up at me.

“I swear that woman has ears like a hawk.” We both laughed at that, but if she could hear me say that, can she hear our conversation? I didn’t think so, but you never know.

“OK continue, but like I’ve told you before, I have no problems with gays… I’m…” Wow, so fucking close to outing myself to my brother, did I really want to do that? Hmm, that’s a question that I have to ask myself in private. “Anyways, like I’ve said, gays are OK. So what of it?”

“Nothing, I like this boy, and he’s so cute. But I don’t think he even notices me half the time, I don’t even know if he knows my name at all. I just want to get to know him, to get friendly with him. UGH! Why does this have to be hard to describe, just why?”

“Because, if it was meant to be easy, you wouldn’t need my help with it.”

“OK, you might be right about that, so do you think you can help me?”

“Yea, sure!” I had to agree with him.

“OK, how do I go about making him notice me?”

“I don’t really try. The way I get guys… whatever, hehehe… to notice me is to be friendly with them, you can go up and start to talk to him or you can join the conversation that he’s in.”

“Does that really work?”

“It might, not every case is the same. So just try to become friends with him first.”

“Alright, so another question I need answered…” He didn’t finish his thought, he let it hang. I hate it when people do that, it just irritates me.

“Well?”

“Oh, hahahah.Sorry!” Yea right

I waited for him to finish whatever thought he was having trouble getting out. Hopefully it isn’t about me. It just might be, because I couldn’t really help him out without basically outing myself at the same time.

“Well, the question is… are you?”

“Am I what?”

“Gay?”

“Wha?

“Seriously, are you? I won’t tell anyone, promise!” He was getting more excited just sitting there waiting for my answer. Did I really want to confirm his suspicions? I think I have to, there’s no choice in this matter.

“Like, I believe that you won’t, but you can have an answer if, and I mean IF you don’t tell a living soul, or a dead one. Promise?” We shook on it. I guess it was my time to share that I am indeed gay, along with him. “OK, I am gay. But you can’t tell anyone. My life would be over. I would be so dead, and that’s literal.”

“Alright, deal!” He bounced on the bed, excitedly. I felt happy for him, but was I happy for me? I guess inside myself I was. Clearly Daemon is having the celebration for both of us, I laughed at him when Mom yelled upstairs, warning us to keep it down. We both said sure, but we didn’t mean it. Soon I joined him in the bouncing. He was being a contagious little brat, but one I love.

Tom

I sat there long after Cyrus left me. I couldn’t explain it. I felt like I missed him already, like my heart just wanted to be with him. How can you actually know when you want someone? When can you tell the person that you’ve been seeing that it’s over? The more I thought the more I felt depressed.
Putting these thoughts to rest in the back of my mind, I started my car, put it in drive and cruised home for the night. The one person who kept popping back into my mind was Eric. I knew that he meant something to me, or I wouldn’t even be bothering with trying to figure out what’s next for us. I seriously didn’t want to tell him about my encounter with Cyrus, but I knew, one way or another, it was going to get out, either by me or Cyrus. I just knew it would be better hearing from me than some guy. It meant that I was man enough to face up to cheating on Eric. Are we even dating? If so, how did it start? When did it start? I had to ask myself those questions because, for one, I haven’t the slightest clue as to whether we were or were not. I ended up shaking my head out of my thoughts before I got myself into a car accident, but I had this aching feeling that this road I’m on isn’t going to be an easy one. I just needed some time to think, maybe one day I’ll look back on this and laugh at how ridiculous I’m being.

I was almost home when I got a call from Eric. It seemed unreal to me that he’d be calling at this hour, but who knows? Maybe he can help me take my mind off things for awhile.

“Hello?”

“Hey Tom, how’re you tonight?”

“Good, good. What can I do for you Eric?”

“Oh, nothing. I just wanted for you to stop by for a sec, I need to ask you some questions.”

“Alright, since I’m somewhat near your place, I’ll drop by. Give me about 10 minutes, OK?”

“OK, see you then.”

He hung up on me without even a goodbye. Hmmm, I wonder what the matter was with him? What if he found out about Cyrus and me? How can I explain to him that it wasn’t my fault? Cyrus came on to me. I can pin this whole thing on him and maybe clear my name. Yea, yea... let’s go with that. On the way to Eric’s house I couldn’t stop thinking the impossible, ‘The what IF’s’, and ‘the how can I’s.’ I mentally smacked myself for thinking the worst, maybe it’s nothing at all, maybe he just misses me and wants me to come see him, for a little goodbye thing.

When I arrived at Eric’s house, it seemed a little creepy, aerie like. Stepping outside my car, but standing with it open, just in case I have to leave in a hurry, all was quiet, maybe just a little bit too quiet for my taste. Suddenly, a hand touches my shoulder, I basically rammed myself into my door so hard that it hurt.

“Hey, you OK?” Eric asked.

“Yea, sure. Why are you creeping up on people in the middle of the night?”

“Well, I don’t know, it seemed funny at the time, but now I’m not so sure.”

“Riiiiggghhhttt!” Wow, what kind of idiot does Eric take me for? The kind that can let him do this to people. Shit, he already scared the shit out of me.

“So, what are the questions you have for me?”

After I let those words leave my mouth, Eric looks down at the ground, and in a faint whisper he tells me, “It seems that you were spotted today, leaving the boys bathroom, with a wet spot on your jeans.”

“What does that have to do with anything, Eric?”

Again he speaks in a low whisper, “It also seems moments before you came out, Cyrus Flint came walking out, doing up his pants. Now, I tell myself, it could happen, but why would it happen? For what reason? Would you do that to me Tom? WHY?” He yelled the last part so loud that I saw some lights come on from neighbors’ porches, I knew at any moment people would be coming out to investigate the noise.

“You have to be quiet, Eric. Do you want people to hear you, or us, for that matter?”

“Actually, I wouldn’t mind. At least then people could know what kind of guy you are, Thomas.” He spoke in a much more normal but angry kind of voice, the kind of voice that made me jump. I had to defuse this situation between him and me very fast or I just might lose someone I like a hell of a lot.

Eric

When the silence between us lasted too long, Tom leaned forward and kissed me. I have always liked the way his lips felt on mine, but I just happened to think that he must have done that because he didn’t want people to hear us. I pushed him away in disgust, I didn’t want to be silenced, nor did I like him doing that to silence me, but I can’t say that I didn’t like it.

“What the fuck, Tom?” I screamed at him, he jumped back from me in shock of what just played out, if I wasn’t so pissed at him then I wouldn’t have done that.

“What? Don’t you think you’re being just a bit exasperating?” I can’t believe he had the balls to say that, right in front of me, no less.

“What-the-fuck-ever, Tom… Just fucking leave…” I pushed him further away from me, and then I shoved him one last time before he got the hint that I was done for tonight,

“Don’t think this changes anything tomorrow!” I shook my head, when he didn’t even try to fight back.

“Whatever, I guess I was right, when I thought… this is what you were going to be like!” he said in disgust. I couldn’t believe this shit.

“You’re just going to stand there and tell me that I shouldn’t be a little peeved about you getting hard watching, or shall I say cumming in your pants, over a little jack off session in front of a mirror? Tell me, Tom, were you even thinking about telling me? Hmmm, I’m waiting?” I had to calm down, this conversation is getting more and more heated, I didn’t want to start an actual fight between us.

Tom didn’t answer me. He stood there thinking for what seemed like forever. I almost wanted to yell at him some more, but I knew that it would only lead to more arguing.

“So, have you come to a conclusion yet, Tom?” I sounded so vile right then, but I just needed to know the truth for once, he needed to tell me, so I could move on if I had too.

“Yea, I have.” He hung his head very low to his chest, almost touching it. I heard him whimper as the street was quiet. “I don’t want to lose you Eric, you’re so nice, so beautiful, and I like everything about you. So please, give me another chance?” he whispered.

I felt so bad for him, almost to the point that I wanted to hold him and to tell him that everything was going to be alright. But how did I know that this little problem wouldn’t happen again? So I only had one thing to say.

“If I forgive you, will you promise me that you’ll never see or talk to or even have anything to do with Cyrus Flint?” I asked him in my most stern voice, narrowing my eyes onto him as I let him think.

“I promise. I love you Eric!” He sniffled, it was cute. Wait, did he… he just say I… I… I love you? I think he did.

“Wait, wait. What?” As you can tell I’m a little confused.

“I said I love you, Eric,” he stated once again.

“How can you even say that to me when… when, oh shit, fuck me! Dammit to hell!” I stomped my feet on the ground, in a huff. I just leaned forward and kissed him. I must have caught him off guard, because that kiss didn’t last that long.

~Till Next Time~

(Hugz—Kizzes) @}-;---- (and a rose)
Remijay <3
Thank you Pete, you're the Best! <3

Thanks for reading, please review or comment. I would really appreciate it thanks! <3
All the character's and names in this story is property of this Author. This story is not for sell or to used as a profit. If there is anyone out there with names of my character's then its pearly coincidental. Thanks again and have a great day!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

the basic story is good, but i find the chapters a bit disjointed. the passage of time is not really spelled much. for example: few chapters back Daemon started a conversation with his brother but they said they'd finish later, but that didn't happen and the next chapter it seemed like a year had past. the jumping around is hard to follow, but since i'm on chapter 11 and still reading, says something.
mogwai

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well I haven’t even seen any evidence they’re dating let alone promised to be exclusive. The truth about the riverside experience might have made Eric mad but Tom should have told him the truth while referencing the fact they hadn’t talked about being exlusive. They could both actually discuss being exclusive and both decide to do so rather than Tom lying about loving him. I’m also going to guess he’s not going to stay away from Cyrus as his feelings for him seemed bigger than his feelings towards Eric.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..