Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 2,017 Words
  • 1,333 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There Once Was Love - 18. Surprise Surprise

There once was love

Chapter 18

Surprise Surprise

 

You know that feeling you get when things are about to get ugly? Well I have that feeling. It started right after I awoke. I don’t know, like the pit of my stomach is in knots. Eric looked at me funny this morning. Telling me that I look pale, and my body felt cold.

I looked at him with a smirk and kissed him on the cheek, before leaving him in my room while I searched the house for my father and coffee. I found my dad in his usual place, in the chair with a cup of coffee and the newspaper open.

“Hey sunshine, how was your night?” He asked with a knowing smile.

“We weren’t that loud were we?” I felt my cheeks getting hot. I bowed my head in embarrassment.

“Actually I didn’t hear anything, but the look that you have gives it away. Now, I normally don’t like my son having sex with his boyfriend in my house…” Wow did he just say that? Like really! Clearing his voice throat he continues, “Hah, that’s funny. It was only a little while ago that I would have probably flown off the handle at the aspect of my son being gay and has a boyfriend.”

“Dad, you…” He waves off my statement, and motions for me to sit next to him on the couch.

“Never mind that, it was only meant to be embarrassing.” With that he shooed me off.

When I left the living room, I heard not only the same thing that my dad said to me but towards Eric this time. I looked around the corner of the wall and saw Eric, his face red, and my dad howling in laughter.

“He’s in the kitchen Eric.” My dad says after a bit.

“Your dad is weird.” Eric says

“Tell me something that I don’t know. But the look on your face was priceless,”

“Oh yea,” He steps closer to me.

“Ow!” Eric punches me in the shoulder, “That wasn’t very nice, babe.” I said while rubbing my now sore shoulder.

“Awe I’m sorry.” He kisses my shoulder

“Anyway, home coming is upon us and I want us to look good for the Prom. What I was thinking was that we could take a limo, get tux’s, have an after party,” I stopped because Eric looked down, sad. “Babe, what’s wrong? Don’t you want to go to Prom?”

“I would love nothing more, but someone hasn’t even asked me yet.” Smacking myself mentally, how could I forget to ask him? He must think I’m selfish. “Eric, it’s not like that. I just thought…”

“Yea, you just thought.” He says sarcastically.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I just thought that since we are together, and love… love each other that we would naturally be going together, but that does not excuse me from being selfish and not asking you.”

“Yea, whatever.” He says, “Can we just go to school.”

“Yea.”

**************************

Later that day, I snuck off, bought some roses and a giant poster, with some balloons. I called Lacey asked her to put together a surprise thing for Eric. I hope he isn’t still mad at me, because I will look a fool asking him to prom and if he says no. I don’t know what I’d do. Probably die of embarrassment.

“You ready Tom?” Lacey asks from beside me. How could I not be? I am about to ask the one person that I love to prom in a very special way.

“Yea, I think so. I just hope he says yes.” She looks at me, and smiles.

“If he doesn’t, he’s stupid.” With that she kisses me on the cheek and scurries off, probably to get in place.

(The rest of this chapter will be from Eric’s point of view. Considering!)

 

After Tom, took me to school, we walked hand in hand up to the doors. Like usual he walks me to my locker and we chat. But I’m still upset with him. He could have asked me in the kitchen this morning. However, he didn’t. I felt really stupid for being upset with him, of course we should be going to prom together. OF course I love him and he knows it. But the fact of the matter is, is that it is still appropriate to be asked to prom, instead of just going because we are together. UGH! Help.

I didn’t see him at lunch, and I didn’t see Lacey either until it was almost over. She came up to me and smiled. I’m guessing Tom told her what happening this morning.

“I know. Tom told you everything this morning.”

“Well don’t be so upset with him… I know it’s upsetting. However, you know that he will do anything to make you happy.” She says with a smile.

“I know that I don’t have a right to be upset. But you do have to, kinda see it from my point of view.”

“And what would that be?” She looked at me with a sparkle in her eye.

“You have really beautiful eyes Lacey.” She laughs it off like it’s nothing.

“Thanks but that’s changing the subject.”

“You’re right. Anyway, we argued this morning. And I told him that he should at least ask me to Prom instead just thinking that we’d go because we are together. You know that I love him, but it’s only right be asked. Especially since this is like my very first dance with anyone, especially a boy.”

“Oh wow. So this isn’t just about going to Prom but this is your very first. Of course I’d be upset to.” She kisses my hand and looks at me.

“How about you tell him this and see what he does, then.” She asks

“That could work.”

“Well, don’t just sit there. Let’s go find lover boy.” She tugs my arm and we go search him.

It all seemed to go slow from there, my heart rate increased with every step that I took. Not because we were looking for Tom, but because everyone around us started to dance. Music was being played over the intercoms. The air around us changed. It was filled with excitement and romance. My favorite song was being played. I knew right then that this was for me. One, two, three, four

♫Hey (eh) forever, hey (eh) forever♫

 

I looked towards Lacey, only to find her with the biggest smile. “You bitch!” I mouthed towards her, and she shrugged.

♫It's you, and me

Movin' at the speed of light into eternity (yeah)

Tonight, is the night

To join me in the middle of ecstasy

Feel the melody and the rhythm of the music around you (around you)♫

Walking with the people around dancing, was kind of disturbing because I would have to stop every few steps. It was all exciting. I couldn’t wait anymore. I sped up a little bit. Looking around every corner, anticipating meeting up with Tom.

♫I'ma take you there, I'ma take you there

So don't be scared, I'm right here, baby

We can go anywhere, go anywhere

But first, it's your chance

Take my hand, come with me

 

It's like I waited my whole life

For this one night

It's gon' be me you and the dance floor

Cause we only got one night

Double your pleasure, double you fun

And dance forever ever ever

Forever ever ever, forever ever ever, forever (forever)

Ever ever ever, forever ever ever, forever ever ever

Forever on the dance floor♫

I rounded the corner to the common area for the students and there stood Tom with a Tux on. He looked magnificent. He held Flowers in one hand and smiled brightly as if the day stood still.

He saw me coming and got down on one knee. With the flowers still in his hand and his other behind his back.

♫Feels like we're on another level

Feels like our loves intertwine

We can be two rebels

Breakin' the rules

Me and you, you and I

All you gotta do is watch me

Look what I can do with my feet, baby

Feel the beat inside

I'm drivin', you could take the front seat (front seat)

Just need you to trust me (trust me)

Boy boy boy, it's like now

 

It's like I waited my whole life

For this one night

It's gon' be me you and the dance floor

Cause we only got one night

Double your pleasure, double you fun

And dance forever ever ever

Forever ever ever, forever ever ever, forever (forever)

Ever ever ever, forever ever ever, forever ever ever

Forever on the dance floor♫

I stood there unable to move, it was like I couldn’t. Smiling and blushing. I waited until Lacey took my hand and slowly lead me to Tom.

♫It's a long way down

We so high off the ground

Sendin' for an angel to bring me your heart

Boy where did you come from?

Got me so undone

Gazin' in your eyes got me sayin'

What a beautiful man

No if's and's or maybes

I'm releasin' my heart

And its feelin' amazing

There's no one else that matters

You love me and I wont let you fall boy

Let you fall boy

Yeah, I wont let you fall

Let you fall, let you fall, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

 

It's like I waited my whole life

For this one night

It's gon' be me you and the dance floor

Cause we only got one night

Double your pleasure, double you fun

And dance forever ever ever

Forever ever ever, forever ever ever, forever (forever)♫

Ever ever ever, forever ever ever, forever ever ever

Forever on the dance floor♫

As I came closer to him the music went down some and the kids that were dancing around us, swayed with the music as it came to an end. Tom looks up at me with a smile, and it melted my heart. No wonder he didn’t ask me in the kitchen this morning. This is WAY more better. With all of our friends around, I couldn’t have asked for a better boyfriend.

♫Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh yeah

Forever ever ever ever, forever ever, oh♫

Chris Brown - Forever Lyrics | MetroLyrics

With the song over, and another romantic song beginning to play, Tom spoke up, “Eric I know that I haven’t asked you yet and that is my fault. But will you do me the pleasure of being my date to homecoming?” He handed up the flowers, with tears pooling his eyes. I waited a few moments to see if he would do something else, but with nothing coming and all the kids waiting for me. I took his hand and lifted him up. I kissed his lips once, and whispered yes against them.

The crowd around us erupted in a roar of excitement.

With his other hand, he brought out a small velvet box, I didn’t see this coming. Stepping back from him, with a hand over my mouth, and silent tears coming down my cheeks, I looked at him with unbelieving eyes. I knew right then that this thing with him, whatever it may become is going to last a very long time. Maybe even forever!

“Eric, I love you with every beat of my heart. And I know that I have done some fucked up shit in the past. Mostly before I met you. But that doesn’t change how I feel about you. I want you by myself for rest of my life. I will do everything in my will power to keep you there. Will you promise me to be there?” He asks as he opens the box.

In the box, a ring sat. It shined with the sun. The color silver, with onyx diamonds laid on top. Looking back up at Tom, I nodded my head yes.

Another roar of excitement erupted around us.

This day couldn’t have been any better.

i hope you guys love this chapter. I had alot of fun writing it. Please and like and comment. Thank you:rolleyes:
All the character's and names in this story is property of this Author. This story is not for sell or to used as a profit. If there is anyone out there with names of my character's then its pearly coincidental. Thanks again and have a great day!
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..