Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 1,652 Words
  • 2,508 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Time Will Tell - 12. Chapter 11

Two more chapters and then it will be the end. I feel uneasy being this close to the end of this story.

Chapter 11

 

T

 

After my mother told me about what happened with my father. I kind of get it, you know. My father wasn’t the nicest dad by any means of the imagination. Even back then. When my mother wanted to take us, he wouldn’t allow it. I’m glad that my brother got taken out of the situation. I wouldn’t know how to handle it if it were any other way.

Now, I’m not saying that I totally forgive her. That will take some time. And maybe some therapy, like my brother suggested. But in due time I can see myself liking my mother. Possibly even loving her.

My mother also told me that I would be starting school soon. How soon, possibly next week. At least I’ll have my brother and his boyfriend with me. Almost like last time, two people whom you care about. Anyway, I don’t know how I feel about it. It’s like I don’t want to set myself up to fail. You know. I want this time to go differently, I want friends, the kind of friends that you can hang out with at any time, doing whatever. That’s probably wishful thinking on my part though, I know how screwed up my brain is, and I know that I wont be able to have any of those kinds of friends until I can recover from my fathers abuse and stop being trapped inside my head.

Who am I kidding? I won’t be able to escape what my dad did. In a weird and bizarre way I understand why he did it. I understand how he beat me because he couldn’t get what he wanted. And I always screwed up somehow, in some way. I’m not perfect. I am a no body after all. ‘That’s right keeping thinking that, you fuck. I made you, and I created what you are today. You will not be able to escape me. I will live forever inside your head!’ Shaking my head, I look around myself. I’m cowering in my bed, in the corner. Trying my hardest not burst out into tears. Even when I’m two states away, he’s still here. Inside my head, abusing me.

I couldn’t stop the tears from coming. A small whimper escaped my throat as I tried to control my emotions. I’m truly pathetic. A fucked up teen with daddy and mommy issues. Who would want to take on that as a partner? I’m going to be alone for the rest of my life…. A knocking came from my door, I go to clear my throat but I couldn’t say anything nothing but air escaped between my lips.

I go to get up from my bed. But it slightly opens, revealing my brother with the phone to his ear. I quickly wipe my eyes, in attempt to look normal.

“Hey Devon, Tammy’s on the phone for you.” He says cheerfully. Why does he have to be cheerful? “Devon?” He asks, in a concerned voice.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” I try my hardest not to burst into tears again. But the more effort I put into it, the more overwhelmed it became.

“Hey Tammy. Can he call you back; he doesn’t feel very well…” He pauses while he listens to whatever she’s saying. “Yea, no problem. Love you too… Have a goodnight as well… Yea, okay. Bye!” He hangs up the phone. Pushes it into his back pocket. And waits there for a moment.

“Do you maybe want to talk about it?” He asks, still standing just inside my room.

I go to shake my head no, “I don’t really want to talk about it, but I know eventually I’m going to have to. It’s not like I want these kinds of feelings. I don’t want to be fucked up in the head Josh. Our father beat me into submission, he literally abused me in both senses of the word. He may not be here right now, but inside this head of mine, he’s taunting me, laughing at me.” I sob into my hands. Rocking myself back and forth.

“Do you want me to get mom?” He asks

“NO…NO! Don’t, I’ll… I’ll be okay.” He nods his head in understanding. Slowly he makes his way over to my bed, and sits beside me. Josh puts his arm around me and I lean into him. The contact feels warm, loving. A brotherly embrace. Filled concern and emotion. I know I’m a wreck right now, but I hope that it won’t be this bad every time.

“One day you’ll look back on this and it won’t be as bad or you won’t feel anything. There will come a time when things will not seem so bad or scary. I know this isn’t exactly what you wanted to hear, and maybe I’m not saying this correctly. But I hope that you understand.” He hugs me tight.

“Thanks bro. I’m glad I’m here now.” I attempt a weak smile

“You’re welcome. Get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day you’ll see.” With that he gets off my bed and opens the door. He looks back at me with a smile.

Falling back on my bed, I look at my ceiling. I wonder what will happen now that I’m surrounded by people that actually care for me and about me.

I roll over and close my eyes.

 

***********

U

A few days have passed since the talk with my mother. I don’t really know how to feel towards it. I understand what happened. But, after all that time she could have came back. She could have saved me from the years of abuse. I’m still angry towards her. I’m still jealous of their life!

So here I am, sitting on the back patio under this lush awning. Staring out into the river that lay just beneath our land. My mother and brother have gone somewhere to buy something for tonight’s dinner. They asked me to come along, but I didn’t feel the need to tag along. I wanted to be left alone, to my thoughts. So again, here we are. Summarizing everything that has happened. Not much thankfully.

This feeling that I have… I don’t really know what this feeling is, I don’t even know if it’s good or bad. But, at this moment. I’m content. I can see myself eventually being happy, possibly.

I heard a buzzing noise coming from the end table. Picking it up and looking at the screen I see it’s Tammy. I totally forgot to call her back.

“Hey hun… Sorry I haven’t called you back I have been emotional. More emotional than I have been in a while.”

“That’s alright. I can totally understand. How is it down there? Is it good?” She asks in a bubbly voice.

“Someone chipper. Did someone get lucky?” I laugh at that

“That’s not funny. And a lady never tells. But lets just say I have been seeing someone.” You can hear the happiness in her voice. I envy her.

“Thank goodness!” I hoorayed out loud

“Aren’t you cheery. I’m glad I made someone happy. Now tell me, what has been happening down there? Don’t skip any boring details.” I paused, do I really want to tell her everything?

Sighing, I started to tell her everything. She’s my best friend after all, she knows more than she says and hears more than anyone I know. Over the course of an hour, we spoke about me mostly. With a little of her mixed in. If felt nice to actually talk with her and not keeping looking around to see if my father were anywhere near.

“It sounds like you and your family are getting along just nicely Devon. I wish for you to get what you want. And not have to endure anymore beatings. The police up here still haven’t found your father. I know that isn’t saying much, but I do hope they find him a ditch!” Tammy spoke that last past in vein. I know how she feels truly…

“Listen hun, I hate to ruin this moment. But I have to go. The boyfriend is beeping in. I love you with all my heart. Please be safe!”

“I love you too Tammy. It was nice chatting with you. Have a good night.”

“Hey there you are. I was wondering where you went. You weren’t in your room or the house.” My brother spoke from behind me, almost causing me to have a heart attack. But the sudden scare. Wincing in pain.

“Sorry, I wanted some fresh air. And the patio seemed like a nice place… It is alright that I’m out here?” I ask timidly

“Oh…” He pauses, “Yea… Yes, it’s totally fine that you’re out here Devon. I didn’t mean for it come out like that. This is your house now as well.” He looks me in the eyes, as he spoke. Making sure that I understood.

“You have to know, that this is all new to me. I… When I was living in Colorado, with father. I couldn’t… He wouldn’t… allow me to go outside. He wouldn’t let me do anything other than clean, cook. And if I couldn’t those he would…” I didn’t finish. It’s not easy bringing up something that could trigger.

“You don’t have to continue Devon, I understand.” He looks down at the ground.

“No you don’t Jeff. You will never understand because you didn’t live it. You weren’t there. And thank goodness for that. But the sad truth is, someone had to be there. Someone had to endure his wraith.”I paused, my heart pounded in my chest, my body shook with adrenaline. ‘Think positive, think about street names. Brooklynn St, Cedar Dr, Court St…’ “I love that I am here now Jeff. But it doesn’t change what happened to me.”

 

 

Please be kind comment, and like. Email me @ gayjay0507@gmail.com
Copyrighted ® (This story contains violence, sexual encounters and drugs… Under no circumstances do I condone violence or drugs. Any publically recognizable names, places, or surrounding, belongs to the author and owner of this story. This is story is not for sale or profitable. It’s purely for entertainment purposes.<br />If you feel that this story is not for you, or that it is too violent let me know. I am happy to neither accept nor reject any critics, criticism, advice, and or problems. Thank you, Remijay author and owner. Copyrighted ®
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I hate that the story is so close to the end! I've grown attached to these guys so much! I hope Devon can move forward and find true love. He deserves to be happy

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I loved it but he seems so lost, but doing his best to try to move forward. I hope he gets some help and that his father dies a miserable death!  Thank you!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Poor Devon,  They really should get him into therapy of some kind.  Not happy that dad is still prowling around on the loose.  I am glad that Devon could tell Josh about how bad he really had it in Colorado, and maybe rub some salt in it..  It may make Josh understand his brother more...

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

B)..............I understand the need to jump back into school, but for G-D's sake Devon needs to be a bit socially adapted to cope, I'm a bit shocked at how

nonchalant his family seems to be.  Jeff I was beginning to think was coming to an understanding how badly it was for his TWIN brother. I hope Devon gets 'great therapy and soon news of his fathers demise. I honestly don't see his family helping!   

  • Like 1
Link to comment

His family is so....spoiled maybe is the word I’m looking for. None of them can possibly comprehend how he feels nor do they seem to try very hard to see things from his point of view and his “mom’s” reasonings are lackluster. As he said she could have come back for him at any time but instead she’s living in a nice house, sleeping around with guys who’s names she can’t even remember, and giving her primary son what seems to be a a great life. Sadly Devon blames himself for the way his dad treated him and seems to think he had to be there like it’s an important job somebody had to do. He didn’t deserve to be abused and he didn’t deserve to be abandoned. I kinda get why his brother is so blind to how he feels though because he grew up with what he considers to be a great mom so of course he doesn’t get why his twin doesn’t automatically love her. Devon seems to be on the verge of forgiving his mother and says he understands why she left him yet I can’t comprehend that. I think he is sympathizing with her and letting some of us anger go because his dad was abusing him so he’s just glad his brother got away from it while rationalizing her reasoning for leaving him as being justified.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..