Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 2,525 Words
  • 2,745 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Time Will Tell - 14. Chapter 13

Chapter 13

 

X

 

Here it is six thirty in the morning. My alarm clock, just woke me up. I haven’t been up this early in a couple of months, to be honest. As soon as I opened my eyes, my heart rate went up, today is the day that I start at a new school. Today everything changes.

‘Knock… Knock’

That must be my brother. “Come in…” I sigh

“Oh good, you’re awake.” He smiles. God, I hate morning people.

“Yea, I guess.” I chuckle. I’m up in more than one way, if you know what I mean.

“I can see that…” He laughs. As I rush to cover myself with my hands. “Don’t be embarrassed it happens to all us guys. I usually take care of it in the shower.” He blushes, as he admits it.

“That’s good to know. Now can I get dressed? Or are you going to stare?” I laugh at him

“Um, yea. Sorry! I’ll be downstairs.” He backs out my room

I shoved my head into my pillow and laughed. Josh is something else. I know that he is gay and I’m his brother. Maybe he’s curious if we’re the same with everything? Shaking my head I get up. Go the bathroom, and look in the mirror… What I saw was a scared little boy. I don’t see what everyone else does. My twin brother has more going on than I. No wonder he has a hot number of a boyfriend.

Speaking of which, I miss mine. Maybe I should call him? Possibly…

 

After the shower and cleaning myself for my first day, I go downstairs and sit at the island. My brother is playing on his phone and my mother is sitting there reading the morning paper. Is it that easy? Can it be that simple, so mundane?

“When do we leave?” I ask, because my heart seemed to clench and tighten up

“Um, in about ten minutes Devon. Drink some coffee, or eat something.” Josh says, as he scrolls on his phone.

“Alright.” With a shrug of my shoulders, I reach for the cups and the coffee. This will be interesting…

About ten minutes later, Josh and I are heading for the car. I feel jittery and awake. Go figure coffee would do the trick. “How do you feel this morning, Devon?” Josh asks as he backs up the car.

“Honestly, I don’t know. I feel weird.” I say towards him as he drives

“I have to pick up Jeff. Is that okay?” He asks

“I like Jeff. Why wouldn’t it be?” I laugh

“I figured I would ask. I don’t want to put you in a situation that would ultimately hurt you.”

“Thank you Josh.”

“No probs bro.” He smiles

We turn into a beautiful driveway, lined with little bushes. It’s really cute and adorable. This must be Jeff’s house.

“This is a beautiful property. I like it.”

“Yea, I was amazed the first time I came over here. Jeff’s parents are realtors.”

“That explains a lot about the house and the property. Just look at it.” We both laugh

“What has you two so chirper this morning?” Jeff asks as he climbs into the car.

“Just admiring your house dude. It’s beautiful.” I say

“Hi babe. How are you?” Josh asks Jeff

“I’m alright. Hate the mornings still.” He yawns

“You’re cute.” Josh says, he makes Jeff blush

“Alright you two, stop right there before it gets out of control.” I smirk

“Did you… Did you just say what I think you did?” Josh asks, acting all shocked

“What did I say?” I look at him with confusion

“You showed dominance.” He smiled

“I did not…” I bowed my head. “I don’t even know if I could…” I confessed

“It will take some time before you know what you are, Devon. Not everyone can be sure of themselves like Josh.” Jeff laughs at Josh’s expression.

“And what is that supposed to be mean mister?” He fakes hurt

“Nothing babe. You can be a little aggressive sometimes. IT’s not a bad thing.” Jeff hurries and says…

And with that came the end of the conversation, we pulled into what I would think will be my high school for the next two years. It’s a massive place. A lot of windows, the windows glinted with the sun. The colors of course are, cardinal red and navy blue. Like the university. It’s kind of cute… As for the rest of the building, it looked a lot like any other school.

“What do you think so far Devon?”

“It’s structure. And I like the school colors.” I said

“The people here are like any other school. Jocks, smarties, lowlifes, Goths, preps, etc. You get the picture. Anyway, you don’t have to fit into any one group Devon. Be yourself, people will come to you eventually.” Josh says as he parks the car and goes to get out.

“Don’t leave me Josh.” I ask in a pleading voice

“I would never leave you Devon.” He says as he looks back at me.

As we walked into the building all eyes were on us. Like I’m not already nervous enough, add being watched to that and my anxiety spiked hard. It’s like I couldn’t breath. My chest instantly hurt. I looked down at the ground, as my brother threw his arm over my shoulder. The initial contact made me jump but I calmed down once Josh said it was only him. Let today be easy, let today go by fast.

“Hello Mrs. Hollow. My brother is new here and he’s very nervous. Along with some other issues that my mother might have told you. Anyway, we would like to see the principal please.” My brother says and asks.

“Sure, I’ll ring her to let her know. Have a sit boys.” She says and then looks at Jeff,
As for you Mister Ridge you need to get to class, the tardy bell is about to ring.”

“Alright I’m going no need to get me in trouble. Bye Josh I’ll see you in third.” He says as he walks out the office.

“He must really like you, Josh.” I say to him

“He doesn’t just like me Devon, he proposed to me a few weeks ago. Before…” He stops talking.

“Before I came into the picture.” I say

“It’s not like that Devon, mom and I want you to be happy. We are trying our hardest to make sure you are okay. And that you don’t have to worry about anything.” He goes to say.

“I just don’t want to be a burden.” I say in a whisper

“Boys the principal will see you now.”

Before he could reply, we got up and walked into the principal’s office. The walls were like you’d expect, beige. There is some artwork though, some degrees, and some homemade artwork as well. Maybe by some of the kids that go here or maybe she has kids of her own. Looking more into the room, I see that it’s a very nice office. A shiny medium desk that is pretty much taking over the whole room. Little plants here and there, books behind her sitting neatly tucked into the mini bookcase.

“Please take a seat, I’ll be with you two in a minute.” She says

The principal, sat there typing fast on her laptop. She has medium light brown length hair, a clear complexion, piercing hazel eyes, and a smirk on her face. Maybe she’s different from my other school. Maybe just maybe I’ll like it here.

“Sorry about that gentleman, I had to finish that and send it over to the board. You know how it goes.” She lightly laughs

“That’s alright Mrs. Curry. This is my brother Devon Cooper.” Josh politely says

“Ah yes, glad you could join us Devon. I’m sorry that it had to be so late in the year. But it’s never too late to begin anew…” She pauses, brings something up on her laptop and purses her lips. “As I can see from here, you have never missed school, you have impeccable grades, and lets see. Nope never mind about that…” She pauses again.

“Never mind about what?” Josh says impatiently

“Oh, Devon has never really tried sports. But that’s okay, not everyone is cut out for sports.” She says, “Now you’re mother did ask me for a favor. And normally I don’t do this but maybe just this once I can make an exception to the rule…” She pauses once more. She clicks a few times and the printer starts up. “Here is your schedule Devon. You will be in all of Josh’s classes for the remaining of the year. I do hope that you will like being here Devon..” She pauses, “If you ever need to talk to just come visit me. My door is always open.”

“Thank you Mrs. Curry. You have a nice day.” Josh goes to say

“Oh don’t forget this,” She hands Josh a lock and combo, with a number attached.

“Thank you again.” Josh says as he grabs my hand and yanks me from the room

“Why didn’t you say anything? She’s like the nicest principal we have here. The other two are like fort knox or something.” He laughs at his own joke.

“I don’t get it. But okay.” I say with a smirk

“It’s whatever. Anyway, our first stop is the locker and then to class. Mrs. Curry has already given us hall passes.” He says

“Sweet!”

“Why is it sweet? I get them all time..” He laughs again

“Are you a trouble maker?” I ask

“I wouldn’t go that far. But yea sort of…” He laughs louder this time

“Quiet down.” I look around us

“Paranoid or something brother?” He cackles at that

“Something like that. Look I just want my first day to be a good one.”

“Alright, I get it. I won’t cause trouble.” He holds his hands up in mock surrender.

“Okay..” I say while shaking my head

 

****

The first few classes weren’t bad. Honest! The other students were kind of nice, except this one jock. Eye roll on that. What jock didn’t have something to not like about me. Anyway, the teachers told me if ever need something just ask. Everyone here keeps saying that. Is it like something with just this school or is all the schools in Arizona like this? My last school could care less if anything was wrong. They didn’t care if there were fighting going on. As long as it didn’t bother them.

Shrugging i get into the lunch line and pay for my food. Looking around the lunchroom, you tell the same setup is everywhere. Meaning, the groups or cliché if you will. Sighing I walk over to my brother, and look at his friends. They all have this apprehensive expression, like they don’t want to scare me or something.

“Josh what did you tell them about me?” I ask timidly

“Nothing I swear.” He looks around the table. “Don’t mind them, they all have the look. Its something they do.” He says, yea something they do. Sure Josh

“Whatever.” I put down my tray and look around the table.

“Hey…” Comes a voice on the other side of my brother. “Names Nathan.” He says. He does have a sexy smile. And a very cute face.

“Hey.” I spoke barely above a whisper.

“This is my best friend Nathan. He likes to talk a lot and he doesn’t know when not to say something. So if he ever says something you don’t like or he offends you let me know. I’ll take care of him. Along with the rest of these trouble makers.” He laughs as everyone around us, throws stuff at him… “Alright… alright. I get it!” He laughs harder

“I think they like you Josh. You’re pretty cool.” I smile at him.

“Eh, I don’t try to be. I am just likable.”

“That’s apparent.” I tease

 

Part Y

 

As of today my brother started my school. As far as I know, he’s been doing fine. I chatted with him a few times and it seems that he might just end up liking it here. Now that might change once he gets his bearings. I have also chatted with a couple of my friends and teachers and asked how he has been holding up. They all say good things. So I’m hopeful.

“Hey why don’t we get some ice cream after school?” I ask Devon.

“Yeah, sure. That sounds good.” He says he eyes my friend Nathan. I smile at him, he might have a crush on him. Nathan does have a nice body I’ve seen it so many times that I ignore it now. He’s also soft on the eyes if you know what I mean.

“So what class you have next?” I ask

“I have a free period actually. I’m thinking of going to the library and chillin there for a bit. It’s the last class of the day. I’ll meet you out by the bike rack, after school, cool?” He asks

“Yea, that sounds good. You have your cell right.” I look at him, he nods his head yes. We give each other a bro hug and I sort of run to my last class before the late bell. I seriously don’t want a detention today.

 

The day has been good so far. Nothing has really happened, which I’m thankful for. Devon doesn’t need any more negativity than he has already gotten. Devon still needs to decide if he wants to go to a therapist, he also needs to have a talk with Mom about things. And well I guess that’s it for now. I laugh as I shake my head.

“Good to see you Josh. Please come in, take a seat wherever you’d like.” Clearly my teacher is being kind of a dick at the moment.

“I’m sorry. I was helping my brother with his schedule. He’s new here… Today is his first day. I’m sorry.” I said towards him

“Well let this be a reminder, you only have one warning before you get a detention.” He looks from me to the others, “That warning is being applied to the whole class.” He says, “Now as I was saying…” I tune him out after that. I didn’t care if he didn’t like that I was late for class. My brother comes before school, or even my friends. I want him to feel appreciated and loved. At least when it comes to me.

“Hey, how’s your bro doing? He good?” I asked one of my friends Chris.

“Yeah, he’s good. He actually might end up liking it here.” Chris gives a weird look, “I know right. But from what I have gathered, Devon actually likes school. He did really well at his other school. So maybe things will get better for him.”

“That’s cool. Maybe he can tutor me sometimes. Because we all know I need all the help I can get…” We laugh quietly to ourselves.

 

please comment and like... If you'd like to send me an email you can so @ gayjay0507@gmail.com
Copyrighted ® (This story contains violence, sexual encounters and drugs… Under no circumstances do I condone violence or drugs. Any publically recognizable names, places, or surrounding, belongs to the author and owner of this story. This is story is not for sale or profitable. It’s purely for entertainment purposes.<br />If you feel that this story is not for you, or that it is too violent let me know. I am happy to neither accept nor reject any critics, criticism, advice, and or problems. Thank you, Remijay author and owner. Copyrighted ®
  • Like 16
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I was expecting this to be the last chapter, I was bracing myself!!! I like nathan so far. The principal is awesome

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I was expecting this to be the last chapter, I was bracing myself!!! I like nathan so far. The principal is awesome

 

Part Z is going to be the last chapter. i have prolonged the end of this story for so long that it needs to be finished. Im glad you like the chapter :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I’m glad you’re extending the story! Glad Devon had a good first day! Here’s hoping things look up for him!! Thanks!

Link to comment

Good chapter.  I am glad that Devon had a good first day and I hope everything goes well in the library.  I hope he does seem therapy and have a good long talk with his mother.   Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks. 

Link to comment

Hard to tell in this chapter but I hope Josh doesn’t keep thinking things should be so easily resolved between his mom & Devon. Honestly I don’t know if I could ever forgive her for not doing more if it were me and Josh just can’t comp what his brother was forced to go through because his mom didn’t try to protect him. I know in the end Devon probably will absolve his mom of all guilt and Josh will be happy though in reality that would likely never happen as you may forgive though you never forget.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm puzzled by the name of Devon's twin brother.  In some chapters, he is called Josh and in other chapters, he is called Jeff.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, btowndude said:

I'm puzzled by the name of Devon's twin brother.  In some chapters, he is called Josh and in other chapters, he is called Jeff.

 

Yes they are mix ups. His name is Josh.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..