Jump to content
    Remijay
  • Author
  • 2,196 Words
  • 3,044 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Time Will Tell - 6. Chapter 6

Sorry for the long wait. I have been busy with adulting... It sucks LOL

Anyway, here is the latest chapter. I hope you guys/girls like it. From here on out, things in Devon's life is going to change.

Chapter 6

 

J

 

 

When I awoke the next time, my head felt heavy. Like being held down by a ton of bricks, I heard voices, but couldn’t make them out. When I tried to lift my head, everything spun. “Devon? Are you awake sweetie.” Who is that? Why she calling me sweetie. That voice. I know that voice.

 

“Devon?” Another voice said, this time I knew who it was. Tammy.

 

“Tam…” I coughed some, my voice came out raspy. My throat felt dry. “Wa,” I cleared my throat some, “Water please.” I still haven’t opened my eyes yet. I know when I did though the lights from the room would make me close them real quick. I felt the cold liquid on my lips as someone tried to help me. After a few sips, I waved my hand away.

 

“What’s going on?” I ask, as I attempted to open my eyes. The lights, they seemed harsh. But I squinted, and pushed through the pain. After blinking a few times, and looking around the room. I noticed Tammy and Trent leaning against the ledge by the windows. I noticed two other people in the room, but I didn’t know who they were. “Who are you?” I asked both of them.

 

“I know it’s been a long time since you seen me or your brother. But we haven’t changed that much, have we?” The woman said, with a hint of laughter

 

“Mom?” I spoke just above a whisper.

 

“Yea, sweetie. I’ll be right back, I have to tell the doctors you’re awake.” With one last glance at me, she went outside the room.

 

“Hey bro.” The teenage boy says with a smile. He looks exactly like me. Down to the last freckle.

 

“Josh?” I ask, he tried to come closer, but I held up my hand to stop him. Looking to Tammy, I ask with my eyes. She looks at me with a sad smile. I could always read her. “Talk to him Devon, he’s your brother.” She said “I don’t know him, what if he doesn’t like me?” My eyes must have shown that because she walked over to me and place a kiss on my cheek. “Devon, you need to trust them.” She whispered in my ear before she backed up.

 

Looking back at Josh, “Why are you guys here? Why did you guys come back?” I ask. It was pretty stupid of my to ask at the time, I knew why. The hospital probably called them, after Tammy and Trent brought me here.

 

“Because mom got a call saying you were in the hospital. They wouldn’t tell us why. Just said that it’s an emergency. So we flew seven hundred and twenty miles. To be here for you.” He said

 

“But why? After all this time, after ten fucking years. Why now?” I started to get irritated, they weren’t there when my father was beating me. They weren’t there when I had to suffer the aftermath of his beatings. They weren’t anywhere near when I needed them the most. They left me to pretty much die. Tammy walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. Looking at her, her eyes pleading with me to listen, to understand. I sighed, she just doesn’t know. I love her to death, but she doesn’t know what it feels like to be left behind, to be forgotten.

 

“Devon, I don’t know why now…” He pauses looking hurt, like I just kicked his dog. “I don’t know why mom left you like she did. I don’t know why she never came back to claim you. I’m not the one you need to be asking those questions to.” Just then, my mother came walking through the door with a line of nurses and doctors. I so wanted to be angry with her, I so wanted to tell her to fuck off and die. But as I look into her eyes, and see the concern, the worry. The hatred melted away to where I had to look anywhere but in her eyes. I can’t hate her as much as I want to.

 

“Well Mr. Cooper, how are we feeling today?” The guy in the white coat spoke. He has salt and pepper hair. His face is smooth, with a goatee, his smile is pretty to look at though.

 

“I am doing fine. What is wrong with me?” I ask

 

“My name is Doctor Whitman. I am your doctor for today. As for your injuries…” He pauses, while looking down at what I presume is my chart. “Can anyone tell me what is going on with Mr.

Cooper?” He asks

 

“Devon Cooper, age 17, he came in unconscious, bleeding from his mouth, he sustained multiple broken bones, resulting in hemoptysis. We had set his bones, and repaired the collapsed lung. He is stable.” Said the young lady next to him.

 

“Thank you Dr. Stevens.”

 

“What is hemoptysis exactly?” My mother asks

 

“Hemoptysis is when the patient is coughing up blood due to any kind of injury to his chest, ribs, lungs. Making it very hard to breath, talk, or move. Devon passed out from not having enough oxygen in his blood or body. Mainly it’s when he’s coughing up blood, resulting in a collapsed lung. Now Devon here will be here for about a week. We will be monitoring him and doing tests to make sure everything is in working order. You’re very lucky that you have friends to come to your rescue, young man. Next time, try to be more careful.” He smiled at me

 

“Any word on where my father is?” Don’t ask me why I even bothered to ask, “Not that I care or anything.”

 

“Mr. Cooper has yet to be found Devon.” He looks at me with sad eyes. I didn’t ask for pity or sympathy.

 

“Thank you.” I said in a whispered voice

 

“If that will be all, we have other patients to visit today.” Dr. Whitman, looks at everyone in the room. And then takes his leave.

 

“It looks like we will be here for a bit.” Said my mother, to Josh

 

“That’s alright. I already booked two rooms, mom.”

 

“Thank you, darling. Where is your boyfriend at?”

 

“Um, I don’t really know. Last time I knew he was sitting in the waiting room. He thought that this was only for family and close friends.” Josh said, “But I will find him and bring him in here.” With that Josh leaves the room.

 

Is it me or does it feels like the room has a giant elephant in it? Awkward. After the doctor and nurses left, the room turned to silence… “Is Devon going to be living with you guys now?” Asked Trent, that’s the first time he spoke since I woke up.

 

“Yes, Trent. It is obvious that I have let him down. Left him with a man that beats him, and breaks his bones. If I had known, Devon was going to be treated like that I would have taken him with me ten years ago.” Said my mother, with sadness. I scoffed at that. She knew, she had to know. Why else would you take one kid and not the other. Why would you leave in the middle of the night after arguing with said man. I’m stupid nor naïve.

 

Looking at my mother, I wanted to say what was right at the tip of my tongue. My heart raced inside my chest, and my anxiety spiked but I had to say to it, I wanted the answers. “Cindy, why would you take one kid and not the other? Why did you leave in the middle of night? What made you leave in the first place? If you and him were happy, then why leave?” I said all this in a huff, the hurt, anguish, and crest fallen look upon my her face told me everything. I know now that I have fucked up. “You, never mind. We can talk about this later.” I looked from her to Trent and Tammy. They both wore surprised, and worried expressions.

 

K

 

Upon leaving the room, I took a huge breath of air. That room, oh how to put this? Devon, is hurt, he’s confused. After ten years of us being gone, and him ending up in the hospital with what the doctors say is hemoptysis, due to that man beating him so severely. I don’t know what to say or do to help Devon out. I just don’t. Turning left to go in search for Jeff. Just keep breathing, I tell myself. Everything will work eventually. Even if the first few days or weeks are hard. Devon is my brother. How can we hate each other? Well I don’t really know if he hates me, but the hurt in his eyes. Is enough to make a person apologize repetitively? Coming to the door for the waiting room, I spot Jeff reading something from his phone, with a smile on his face. Just that one look had me smiling. I love that man.

 

Opening the door, Jeff’s head pops up and he looks at me with questioning eyes. “Wha…” He starts to ask, before I put a hand and say, “Don’t.” All the air rushed out of me. I stand there, just breathing, worrying, questioning everything. My back touches the door, and I just lean there. Trying to think of a possible solution to this nightmare. A possible fix for the mess that Devon was living in. How can he trust anyone after what happened to him? I know for a fact that I wouldn’t if I were him.

 

“What are you thinking, babe. How are you feeling?” Jeff asks quietly. Looking up at him, with a sad expression, I make my way over to him, and sit down. With a sigh, I relate everything that the doctors have said, and what Devon has said so far. When I came to the end of explaining, I felt drained. I needed a shower, food, and rest. “I don’t exactly know how I am. I mean, at first glance he looked peaceful, even though his body was mangled. But the love that I feel for him is unmeasured. But Jeff, I don’t know what to do to help him.” I leaned my head on his shoulder, and he runs his hand on mine.

 

“We’ll take it one day at a time. We will help him get through this.” Jeff says as he places a kiss on my cheek. Making me smirk.

 

“Thanks babes. You know exactly what to say to make me smile.”

 

“We are fiancés for?” He laughs

 

“Did I tell you about Trent?” I smirk

 

“No, I don’t think you have hun.”

 

“Well Trent, I don’t know if you saw him or not. But he’s tall, probably 6’1 or something. Really tan, has a very nice build from what I could tell. Ocean blue eyes, and his smile is a radiant. My brother couldn’t have picked a better boyfriend. At least I think that’s what they are.”

 

“Sounds like a catch babe. How did he seem while he was in the room?”

 

“He didn’t really say anything, but he did stare/look at Devon with affection in his eyes…. Wait, was?” I ask

 

“Yea, he’s right outside the door, looking at us.” I look towards the door and there he is. Trent opens the door a little at first. And then pushes it open.

 

“Mind if I join you guys?” He asks, almost like he’s scared to ask

 

“Sure, dude. No problem.” I smile at him. He is really cute, and I hope Trent will stick around for a while longer.

 

“Thanks, I just couldn’t stand there any longer. Devon looks so lost and angry. I have only seen him like this once.” Trent says sadly, as he plops down into a chair. Almost melting into it.

 

“Why do you say that?” I ask

 

“Because I haven’t known him long, if it were not for Tammy asking for my help. I probably wouldn’t have even considered talking to Devon. Or helping him for that matter. Your brother is very stand offish. He doesn’t like to talk to others. He isn’t exactly friendly either. But, when you do get to know him just a little, you can tell that he is bright, honest, scared, secretive, cute…” He blushes at that, making me smile in return. “Devon is a sweet guy. And I wouldn’t have any other way.” He sighs, “I know that he going to be leaving with you guys at the end of this week. And I will probably never see him again, and that hurts. Like really hurts, because I really like Devon, and we just became a couple. It sucks honestly. I’m going to miss him,” He starts to cry.

Please comment, like, a post to the forum, or email me gayjay0507@gmail.com

Thank you.
Copyrighted ® (This story contains violence, sexual encounters and drugs… Under no circumstances do I condone violence or drugs. Any publically recognizable names, places, or surrounding, belongs to the author and owner of this story. This is story is not for sale or profitable. It’s purely for entertainment purposes.<br />If you feel that this story is not for you, or that it is too violent let me know. I am happy to neither accept nor reject any critics, criticism, advice, and or problems. Thank you, Remijay author and owner. Copyrighted ®
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Sad 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yay I just started reading last week and I love the characters. Except for dad. He can rot in hell. I get the adulting it sucks I have to start Tuesday😖 I feel bad for trent

  • Like 1
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Yay I just started reading last week and I love the characters. Except for dad. He can rot in hell. I get the adulting it sucks I have to start Tuesday😖 I feel bad for trent

Thanks :) i dont really like dad either. I'm sorry you have to adult on Tuesday, good luck :) As for Trent, there might be something that he could but i can't share that here. You'll have to wait and see. Thanks again for the review.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

B)............Really don't know what to say here, I still can't get over his mom abandoning him and no contact for ten years. They sound pretty callous to me, I mean not even a x-mas card? Or phone call?  And if they try and claim that they attempted, it is a poor excuse not to follow through with it, my G-D they are twins!

 

Might as well as leave him so at least he has Trent and Tammy that seemed to care, somebody please just kill off Devon and Josh's dad and end that piece of work!

Link to comment
On 8/14/2017 at 1:24 AM, Benji said:

B)............Really don't know what to say here, I still can't get over his mom abandoning him and no contact for ten years. They sound pretty callous to me, I mean not even a x-mas card? Or phone call?  And if they try and claim that they attempted, it is a poor excuse not to follow through with it, my G-D they are twins!

 

Might as well as leave him so at least he has Trent and Tammy that seemed to care, somebody please just kill off Devon and Josh's dad and end that piece of work!

i love this comment. It's awesome. Thank you for taking the time to reach out. I do believe it was either Tammy and Trent or Josh and Jeff that called one another before. Josh has always cared about what Devon was doing or how he was. I dont know about their mother though, it will come to light sooner rather than later. Especially now that Devon is required to move. 

 

As for the father, well i have some things in the works. I can't really explain it here. 

Link to comment

Well the dad us probably doomed, thank God, as Devon injuries would probably get the Police involved. I feel for Trento, her seems a good and honest guy. Can't say I geek anything good about Mom, no matter the reasons, you don't abandon a child, without any more news... There is no reason to why she would escape only with one child, and in Devon's shoes the fact remains that the preferes, she chose Josh and told Devon to stay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I don’t like how his mom said she wouldn’t have left him if she knew this would happen because I had a feeling it was he was possibly abusing her. Devon is worried he shouldn’t have said what he did but he had a right to ask why she would leave him behind while taking his brother with her. Plus she’s not had any contact with him for years but I’m mildly disappointed in Josh. I’d assume Josh asked about his brother at some point growing up with his mother not giving him any info but as he grew older he could probably find the contact info himself yet he never contacted his sibling. Devon likely didn’t know where they had moved to in order to initiate contact but as far as we know he never moved so finding his address, number, etc...should have been easy for Josh. Devon doesn’t want to get angry at them but he has every right to as leaving him behind and not contacting him at the very least was cruel. I hope he doesn’t bottle up his emotions and let them fester as he needs to talk to his mom about what she did. I’m sorry he will be separated from Trenton and it feels worse that Trenton is his first love which is the hardest to get over. They could try a long distance relationship but those often don’t work in the long run.

Link to comment

And once again I have to point out a discrepancy, but this time quite big. You wrote in the first chapter that the boys were ten years old when Cindy and Josh left, now you are writing it was ten years since then. That would make the boys 20 years old and that doesn't make sense with the context of the story, where the boys still were in High School. That's a big timeframe change all of a sudden.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..