Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reece's Choice - 3. Chapter 3

I gave one last critical look around my house as the sauce simmered on the stove. Dave was due to arrive any minute and the last thing I wanted was a stray sock poking out from the couch cushions. I wasn’t a neat freak, but my house was so small I had to keep things picked up or else I’d trip over stuff as I moved around. Satisfied it was as good as it was going to get, I headed back into the kitchen to stir the sauce.

Like I’d already told Dave, it wasn’t gourmet or anything, but I’d learned a few tricks with spices to make even the cheapest spaghetti sauce taste wonderful. Now all I needed was for Dave to get here, and I could start the noodles and put the garlic bread in the oven. I didn’t want to risk cooking the noodles too long, but it should be safe enough to start the water and get it boiling.

I had just set the pan of water on the burner when the doorbell rang. I turned the flame on and took a steadying breath before walking to the door and pulling it open. Dave smiled and stepped inside as I moved back to allow him entry.

“Hey.” He leaned in and brushed a light kiss over my lips before moving back and glancing around the room. “Nice place.”

“It’s cozy.” I shut the door and gestured to the couch. “Make yourself comfortable. I just have to get the noodles on and the bread in the oven.”

“I brought beer.” He held up the six-pack I hadn’t noticed. I pulled one of the bottles free and handed it over before taking the rest from him and carrying them to the kitchen. I grabbed myself one and stashed the rest in the nearly bare fridge. I popped the top off and took a swallow before setting it on the counter and moving to the stove.

The water had started boiling so I grabbed the noodles I’d already gotten out, half wheat and half regular, and broke them in half before dropping them into the water. I added a little vegetable oil to keep them from sticking together and then grabbed the pan of garlic bread and slipped it in the oven. The sauce bubbling on the stove sent me scurrying for the spoon so I could stir it before it scorched. Dinner was almost done, I just hoped it tasted good. Dave’s chin landing on my shoulder startled me and I nearly sent a spoonful of sauce splattering across my kitchen.

“Smells great.”

“Hopefully it tastes good. My spaghetti never turns out the same way twice.” Probably because I never actually measured the spices I put into it.

“I’m sure it will.” Dave turned his head and kissed my neck.

I closed my eyes at the feeling of his lips on my skin. I had found out, when we had watched a movie at his place, Dave was very generous in his affections. What had started out as a night I’d been dreading had turned into a very enjoyable evening spent kissing and cuddling on his couch. I didn’t know about him, but I really didn’t remember much of the movie.

The timer went off, and I very reluctantly pulled away to save the garlic bread before it burned. He moved back to the doorway of the kitchen, and I opened the oven and plopped the pan onto a hot pad already waiting for it. It didn’t take me much longer, and I had the noodles drained and the bread sliced. I grabbed two mismatched plates out of the cupboard and dished up the food, ladling a generous helping of sauce over the noodles and topping it with a little shredded cheese.

“Sorry, I don’t have a kitchen table; we’ll have to eat in the living room.” I handed him his plate and a fork before grabbing my own and my beer and leading the way back into the living room.

The one thing I had splurged on when I moved into my own place was a thirty-two inch television. It wasn’t huge, but it was perfect for the space I had to put it in.

“Want to watch a movie while we eat?” I only had basic cable, and I only had it because it was tied into the same cable as my landlord’s house and was included in my rent. It was rare there was anything good on.

“Are we going to actually watch it this time?” Dave grinned and settled into one corner of the couch.

“Well”—I pretended to give it some thought—“at least while we eat, I guess.”

He laughed, the deep husky laugh I loved to listen to, and nodded. I set my plate on the coffee table and glanced through my movies. I had a fairly good size collection, buying them once they became dirt cheap and finally settled on Jaws. It was one of my favorites, and since I had seen it in his collection, it was a safe bet he enjoyed it too.

We were both quiet as we ate, the movie actually holding our attention, though I did catch Dave glancing at me a few times. Once we were both finished, I took our plates to the kitchen and rinsed them off. I’d wash them later, but I didn’t want to have to try to scrub off stuck on spaghetti sauce. I grabbed both of us another beer from the fridge but didn’t twist the tops off since our earlier beers weren’t completely gone yet. When I made it back into the living room, my gaze went immediately to the big man on my couch. Dave had taken advantage of my absence and had sprawled out the length of my couch. The only place for me was to lie in front of him, and while my couch wasn’t really wide, it was just big enough to hold us both—but only if we were really, really, close.

I set the beers on the coffee table and lay down carefully; the last thing I wanted to do was tumble off the edge and end up smacking my head. Within seconds Dave wrapped his arm around me and pulled me back against his chest, holding me securely as he pressed his lips against my neck. I couldn’t have stopped the moan if I’d tried, and I tilted my neck to give him better access. His hand slid down to my hip and held me firmly against him. I could feel the bulge in his jeans against my ass.

I wasn’t sure how he managed it without me ending up off the couch, but suddenly his body was half blanketing me and his lips were descending on mine. I moaned as his mouth pressed against mine and his hand slid under my shirt. I suddenly wanted nothing more than to feel his skin against mine. My hands seemed to have a mind of their own and found their way under his shirt and stroked up the length of his back. He broke the kiss long enough for me to pull the t-shirt over his head, but it seemed to take forever before my shirt joined his on the floor. No sooner than it was gone and his lips were back on mine and his hands were caressing my stomach and moving to tweak first one nipple and then the other. I whimpered against his lips and arched into his touch.

“Reece”—Dave pulled back enough to look at me and his voice sounded strangled—“if you want to stop, tell me now.”

“Don’t wanna stop.” I probably should, considering this was only our second date, but I was past the point of caring. I wanted him.

“You sure?” Dave’s fingers trailed down my chest and slid just barely underneath the waistband of my jeans.

“Yes.” I hissed the word out between clenched teeth, trying to hold back another moan. I was sure I wanted him. Maybe we were moving too fast, but we were both adults, and we both wanted it. I reached up and tangled my fingers in his slightly shaggy brown hair and pulled his head back down to me. We’d talked enough. and I wanted his mouth back. His lips parted, and I slipped inside, my tongue stroking against his and suddenly it wasn’t me groaning. I put everything I was feeling into my kiss and when I finally pulled back we were both gasping for breath.

“I think we should move this to the bedroom.”

Dave nodded and slid off the couch before reaching to help me up. I kissed him gently before tossing a glance at the television and then grinning at him.

“Maybe one of these times we’ll actually manage to watch something.”

“Maybe we will.” He kissed me again and slid his hand into mine as I led the way to my bedroom. “Maybe we will.”

Copyright © 2015 Renee Stevens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 54
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This chapter like the previous ones was a great read and I enjoyed seeing that Dave did not appear to have any issues with Reece's small dwelling.

 

The modest but tasty dinner followed by the evening's "entertainment" felt right. Hopefully Dave will spend the night with Reece but I have to wonder, if at some point during the night, Dave will get up and wander over to the kitchen/refrigerator to get something to drink and then note the empty state of the refrigerator?

 

We really have no indication of whether Dave knows that Reece is barely getting by. How will he react? From the little bit that we have seen I don't think that it will really be a problem for Dave and if nothing else, may make him be a little bit more aware of how they continue to see each other and decide what to do on those dates...

 

Thanks Renee!

Link to comment

I like how affectionate and touchy-feely Dave is. I bet Reece is starved for love and intimacy, and I applaud him for knowing what he wants and not letting shyness or insecurities prevent him from saying yes. Even if they don't last, Dave is good for Reece - but of course we hope they will become a couple. In spite of having Josh saying 'I told you so' ten thousand times. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Sometimes, the simplest things yield the biggest rewards. That was such a cozy dinner. I love the easiness between Dave and Reece. Dave seems confident and uncomplicated,which in turn makes Reece comfortable. Reece may worry, but I doubt that Dave will have any negative opinion about his meager living situation.
Forget finishing the movie though, they're actually going to have to talk about what this means for the two of them soon, if they manage to come up for air.

Link to comment

Renee: KevinD's review was pretty much 100% spot on to my own interpretation of the chapter.
I truly loved the way you were able to let Reece's insecurity over Dave seeing his place come through. As far as how the evening's "entertainment" progressed, in my humble opinion, and from personal experience, when two people connect as quickly as Dave and Reece did, the outcome was inevitable.
Dave seems to be to good to be true. It makes me think 'when's the other shoe going to drop'... I truly hope, for Reece's sake, that Dave is being genuine, that he's not just looking for an outlet for his sexual 'well being'. Time will tell...
Thanks Renee for this wonderful chapter and this wonderful story. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Lenny

Link to comment

Since everyone else has covered my observations already, I'll just say how great this chapter was, and how you let Reece's anxiety come through very nicely without being overbearing.
I know how nerve-wracking it can be to cook for a date, no mattre how much you try, there's always the possibility that your guest might have issues wit diet that you don't know yet. I'm glad the meal was successful, and I don't think that the two are rushing things--they sense the connection, and it's more than casual sex for them.
Does Dave know Reece is in financial stress? Maybe, but I think the relationship means more to him than the economic status of his new friend--and he won't comment on it because he is well aware of Reece's sensitivity and growing confidence.
More please!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I don' think Reece's lack of funds will be much of an issue. I like Dave and Reece and I really like the two together. I look forward to more.

Link to comment

Hopefully they weren't moving too fast, and Dave will still respect Reece in the a.m.! :P

 

As your other readers said, Dave doesn't seem to be bothered by Reece's small house (apartment?), but then again, if he did, what's he going to say? Nothing. lol

 

Hopefully Dave isn't lacking in the funds department. Having two people without money is no fun when you want to go out. :P

Link to comment
On 09/01/2015 09:30 AM, Daddydavek said:

Rx: More Dave!

More please!

LOL. A prescription of "More Dave" seems like the best prescription there is for Reece! Thanks DDK!

Link to comment
On 09/01/2015 01:27 AM, KevinD said:

This chapter like the previous ones was a great read and I enjoyed seeing that Dave did not appear to have any issues with Reece's small dwelling.

 

The modest but tasty dinner followed by the evening's "entertainment" felt right. Hopefully Dave will spend the night with Reece but I have to wonder, if at some point during the night, Dave will get up and wander over to the kitchen/refrigerator to get something to drink and then note the empty state of the refrigerator?

 

We really have no indication of whether Dave knows that Reece is barely getting by. How will he react? From the little bit that we have seen I don't think that it will really be a problem for Dave and if nothing else, may make him be a little bit more aware of how they continue to see each other and decide what to do on those dates...

 

Thanks Renee!

Thank you for the review Kevin! You brought up some really good ideas. While I won't say which are accurate and which are not, I do have to say that you've got me doing some thinking.

 

While this right now is simply a short story, I do hope to one day go back and expand it. When that will happen, I don't know for sure, but I love getting new ideas that I could maybe incorporate into the expansion.

Link to comment
On 09/01/2015 02:47 AM, Timothy M. said:

I like how affectionate and touchy-feely Dave is. I bet Reece is starved for love and intimacy, and I applaud him for knowing what he wants and not letting shyness or insecurities prevent him from saying yes. Even if they don't last, Dave is good for Reece - but of course we hope they will become a couple. In spite of having Josh saying 'I told you so' ten thousand times. :lol:

LOL Tim! Thanks for the review. I love how you can picture Josh saying "I told you so". Dave is definitely affectionate and I agree that is exactly what Reece needs at the moment. Only time will tell what's going to happen with these two. Look forward to seeing what you think on future chapters!

Link to comment
On 09/01/2015 03:36 AM, Defiance19 said:

Sometimes, the simplest things yield the biggest rewards. That was such a cozy dinner. I love the easiness between Dave and Reece. Dave seems confident and uncomplicated,which in turn makes Reece comfortable. Reece may worry, but I doubt that Dave will have any negative opinion about his meager living situation.

Forget finishing the movie though, they're actually going to have to talk about what this means for the two of them soon, if they manage to come up for air.

Thanks for the review! They do seem to have some issues coming up for air, don't they? Lol. They do seem to compliment each other pretty well, so maybe Josh actually knew what he was doing trying to pair them together. I hope you enjoy what's coming up :)

Link to comment
On 09/01/2015 03:38 AM, Atruefan said:

Renee: KevinD's review was pretty much 100% spot on to my own interpretation of the chapter.

I truly loved the way you were able to let Reece's insecurity over Dave seeing his place come through. As far as how the evening's "entertainment" progressed, in my humble opinion, and from personal experience, when two people connect as quickly as Dave and Reece did, the outcome was inevitable.

Dave seems to be to good to be true. It makes me think 'when's the other shoe going to drop'... I truly hope, for Reece's sake, that Dave is being genuine, that he's not just looking for an outlet for his sexual 'well being'. Time will tell...

Thanks Renee for this wonderful chapter and this wonderful story. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Lenny

Thanks Lenny! When I first started writing "Reece's Choice" I really didn't intend to have one be confident and one be insecure, but as I wrote, that's how it came out, and I'm glad to hear from all the comments that it works. I can definitely see why you're waiting for the other shoe to drop. I guess you'll just have to keep reading to see if it does or if Dave is exactly what he seems. I look forward to hearing what else you think as the story progresses.

Link to comment
On 09/01/2015 07:42 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Since everyone else has covered my observations already, I'll just say how great this chapter was, and how you let Reece's anxiety come through very nicely without being overbearing.

I know how nerve-wracking it can be to cook for a date, no mattre how much you try, there's always the possibility that your guest might have issues wit diet that you don't know yet. I'm glad the meal was successful, and I don't think that the two are rushing things--they sense the connection, and it's more than casual sex for them.

Does Dave know Reece is in financial stress? Maybe, but I think the relationship means more to him than the economic status of his new friend--and he won't comment on it because he is well aware of Reece's sensitivity and growing confidence.

More please!

Thanks for the review ColumbusGuy! I agree that it can be nerve-wracking cooking for someone new. Especially since you don't know any allergies they might have. Reece's financial situation hasn't had a reason to come up yet and I don't see Josh having already told him. I'm glad you're still enjoying it and hope you continue to do so!

Link to comment
On 09/01/2015 02:17 PM, avidreadr said:

I don' think Reece's lack of funds will be much of an issue. I like Dave and Reece and I really like the two together. I look forward to more.

Thanks for the review. Glad that you're enjoying the story and hope that you continue to do so. Dave doesn't really seem the type to not want to be with someone just because they don't have much money. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on later chapters.

Link to comment
On 09/02/2015 12:24 PM, Lisa said:

Hopefully they weren't moving too fast, and Dave will still respect Reece in the a.m.! :P

 

As your other readers said, Dave doesn't seem to be bothered by Reece's small house (apartment?), but then again, if he did, what's he going to say? Nothing. lol

 

Hopefully Dave isn't lacking in the funds department. Having two people without money is no fun when you want to go out. :P

Thanks for the review Lisa, the first part of it made me chuckle. I agree about Dave and that there's really not much he could, or would, say if he was bothered.

 

And yeah, it definitely isn't fun to have both be broke if they want to go out!

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Things are moving fast, but it feels right for them. They seem to communicate well and definitely have chemistry...;) Hopefully it will work out in the long-term.

Link to comment

Another great chapter, Renee. They are moving quickly, but when it's right, it's right. I think Dave will clue in quickly that Reece is on a budget, if he hasn't already... love has nothing to do with money... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..