Jump to content
    Ronyx
  • Author
  • 4,537 Words
  • 3,855 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Door Number Three - 16. Chapter 16

/

Omari called me later in the evening, and we talked for about an hour. I had to go out on the swing and talk to him because Billy wouldn’t leave the room. He kept mouthing, “Who’s Omari?” After waving him off several times, I finally got up and went outdoors.

I learned quite a bit about him during our conversation. He is twenty-two years old, and he attends a local university, majoring in business. I would have attended the school, but it was small and the athletic department sucked.

Omari told me his mother and father are from Egypt, but he was born in the United States. I guess that explains his darker complexion and brown eyes. His father had been a diplomat, but he is now working as a lobbyist in Washington, DC. He didn’t come out and say it, but I could tell that they are rather wealthy. When I asked him why he didn’t attend an Ivy League school, he said his grades hadn’t been good enough in high school. Like me, he had been outed his junior year. However, his family disapproves of his lifestyle because of religious beliefs. They support him financially, but he seldom sees them.

He lived in a dormitory his freshman year, but he now shares an apartment with another guy, Steven. He said he is American and very straight. They get along well except Steven’s girlfriend spends a lot of time at the apartment. He said he leaves many times because they go into Steven’s room and have sex. I laughed when he mimicked the loud screaming and moaning he hears coming from the room.

He said he had a boyfriend his senior year of high school, but he hadn’t found any guys he felt attracted to until he met me in the mall. I’m glad we were on the phone so he couldn’t see me blush when he described how attractive he finds me. In a way, it saddened me, because the way he described meeting me was the way I felt when I first saw Adrian as he walked up to me while I was sitting in the bleachers that Saturday morning. I find Omari attractive, but I didn’t feel that certain ‘something’ when I first saw him in the mall.

He asked me many questions about myself. I told him how Kenny had outed me at school. “Sounds like a real jackass,” he said angrily when I told him how he had treated me in the shower.

He was particularly interested in me running track. He said it is one of his favorite events to watch during the summer Olympics. When I mentioned that Irene might come to one of my meets, he instantly said he would like to see me run also. He giggled and called me his Usain Bolt. I told him I would have to improve greatly to even begin to reach the speeds Bolt has achieved. Bolt set a world record of 9.72 in 2008. My fastest race last year was ll.2.

When Omari told me he had to go, I smiled when he told me he was “counting the minutes until he saw me again- “one thousand three hundred and twenty.” I wasn’t sure if he was really counting them or just making up a number.

As soon as I entered the bedroom, Billy started jumping around like some wild chimpanzee at the zoo. “Who’s Omari? I thought you liked Adrian?”

He became dreamy eyed when I described Omari. “He sounds really hot! I can’t wait to meet him!”

“You’d better behave yourself,” I warned him. “I don’t know who is worse, you or Lonnie.” He got up from my bed, went over to his dresser and grabbed his phone.

“I’m going to call Lonnie and tell him to be here tomorrow night when Omari picks you up.” I jumped from the bed to grab his phone, but he ran screaming from the room.

 

There should be a written law that when an athlete practices after school during the week, he or she shouldn’t have to do it on Saturday morning, too. Billy was still asleep when I got up and dressed. Except for Mom, everyone else appeared to be in bed when I entered the kitchen at eight.

“Good morning, Dear.” My mother looked up from the morning paper. She started to get up to get me something to eat, but I stopped her.

“I’ll just drink some coffee,” I said as I poured some of the steaming brew into a cup. I sat down across from her and blew on the rim of the cup.

She looked over the top of the newspaper at me. “How is everything?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Same old, same old, I guess.”

“That bad?”

“It hasn’t been one of my better weeks,” I reminded her. We talked for a few minutes about school. I assured her that I keeping my grades up while I had been suspended for the three days.

“And how is Adrian? You haven’t brought him home lately.” I again shrugged my shoulders.

“We don’t talk much,” I said dismissively. What more was there to say? He had decided that he wanted to distance himself from me. There was little I could do about it.

“His father came in the store yesterday,” my mother said. “He started asking me questions about you.”

I sat up and looked quizzically at her. “What kind of questions?”

“I think he was fishing,” she said. “He said something about one of his church members mentioning your name. He wanted to know if you had a girlfriend. I started to tell him it was none of his business, but I thought it would be rude of me.”

“You should have,” I remarked angrily. I was curious why someone had mentioned me to him, unless they had heard the rumors that I was gay and was wondering what his son was doing associating with me. Perhaps that explained why Adrian had been avoiding me.

“Well, Adrian’s a nice young man,” my mother stated. “You should invite him to dinner again soon.”

“Yeah, sure,” I said as I rose and grabbed my gym bag.

Half the team members were on the field when I arrived. The rest slowly dragged in over the next fifteen minutes. Even Marty appeared tired when he trotted out onto the track. We spent the next two hours as we always did- grueling exercises and running practices. Coach Templeton seemed disappointed that my times were a couple tenths of a second off from what they had been the previous day.

We practiced until noon before Coach let us leave. It’s amazing to watch twenty-five trained athletes drag wearily into a locker room, but then start acting like immature children as soon as they begin to undress. The popping of towels could be heard throughout the shower room.

“Son of a Bitch!” I screamed as I felt a wet towel snap against the back of my leg. I turned just as Tommy Zimmers stuck his tongue out and ran into the shower. The guys started laughing as I curled my towel tightly and faced him. Rory and Justin grabbed his arms, turned him around and let me pop the towel on his tight ass.

After showering, I felt good because none of the guys seemed any different toward me. They stood naked in the shower without trying to cover themselves so the gay boy didn’t stare at them. No one made any crude comments directed toward me. I was as I had always been- just one of the guys.

That changed, however, when the baseball team entered after their practice. A couple whispered ‘fags’ under their breaths. Kenny tried to avoid me. He remained on the opposite side of the locker room and not once looked my way. Adrian entered late and went directly to a locker. He glanced occasionally over at me, but he didn’t say anything. Once he was undressed, Kenny walked over to him and they disappeared into the shower area. I quickly crammed my clothes into my gym bag and stormed out of the gym.

I was becoming increasingly frustrated with Adrian’s behavior. I knew he was insecure, but that shouldn’t stop him from at least acknowledging that I existed. It was only a week earlier I had undressed before him and stood naked as he admired my body. Now, he couldn’t even look my way and say hello.

I was torn between emotions. One part of me hated him because of his immature behavior. He is old enough to decide who his friends are. He doesn’t need the approval of Kenny or any others to speak to someone. I don’t blame him for not wanting to come out to everyone, but at the same time, he doesn’t have to ignore me for fear of being branded gay. My teammates proved that they could be friends with me without others questioning their sexuality. I can’t understand why Adrian couldn’t do the same thing.

However, the other part of me feels pity for him. He seems extremely fearful of his father. I can only imagine the fears he must have endured growing up listening to his father spew his hatred about homosexuality. How many other young gay boys and girls sit in a pew Sunday after Sunday knowing that their entire being goes against the doctrines of their church? The situation for Adrian was even worse- he is a minister’s son. If it became known that he is gay, then how can his father even begin to explain to his church how he has raised a son who violates the very thing he detests?

It seems like I am caught in the middle of Adrian’s struggle. I know how he feels for me. Even though we have only shared a kiss, I know the emotion behind it. Every time I see him, I know how I feel. That is why his behavior hurts me. I know how wonderful things could be if we were just left alone to explore our feelings for one another.

Fate brought us together and now it separates us. I often wonder if my chance for finding true love is slowing drifting away. If Door Number Three closes, will my life be happy with the Door Number Ones I am sure to encounter? Will I end up in a relationship that is safe? Marty said that by selecting Door Number Three it would give me hope and fulfill my dreams. What if Adrian does walk out of my life? Will my hopes and dreams disappear with him?

And what about Adrian? If I am his Door Number Three and he doesn’t select me, then will he deny his true being and live a lie behind Door Number One? Will he marry and have children because it will be the safe thing to do? Will his hopes and dreams also die?

One thing is certain. This is bigger than both of us realize it to be. Meeting Adrian changed my life forever. I am no longer the person I was a few weeks ago. I have been through hell and back, but I have come out changed. I have looked into a mirror and see my true self. I am no longer going to deny nor hide who I am.

Adrian, too, is at the same cross roads. He can accept the man who is inside him, or he can hide and deny it. He may never again have such an opportunity. Valerie is by his side to give him strength. I would be there if only he asked. I could be strong enough for both of us until he gains the confidence he needs to run the good race. Until then, like the last runner in a relay race, I could dig deep and make us come out a winner even if his beginning isn’t strong. Now, all I need is him to pick up the baton and pass it off to me. However, until he decides to do so, all I can do is wait.

 

I was showered and dressed, sitting at my computer desk waiting nervously for Omari and Irene to arrive. I don’t know why, but Mom, Dad and Billy were overly excited about me going on my first ‘date.’ I think they were more excited about it than I was. I just looked at it as going out for the evening with some new friends.

My heart started pounding when the doorbell rang. I waited for a minute before I started to go downstairs. I didn’t want to appear too eager. I jumped when the door opened and Billy came barging in.

“Jesus! Holy Shit, Zac!” he squealed. “Omari is hot!”

I gave him an evil grin. “He is, isn’t he?”

He walked over and bounced on the bed. “Can I go to the movies with you?”

“No!” I shouted.

“Please?” Billy begged. “You used to take me with Rachel.”

“You are not going!” I insisted as I started to leave the room. “You just want to perv on him all night.”

“So?”

“No!” I shouted again as I left the room.

I laughed when I heard him mutter, “Fucker!”

When I entered the family room, Omari and Irene were sitting on the sofa. My father was sitting in his chair talking to them. Mom was in the kitchen probably preparing a snack for them.

Omari’s eyes lit up when I walked in. He quickly scanned my body. I was dressed in a green polo shirt. Everyone always tells me I look good in it. From the look in his eyes, I knew I had made the right decision.

“Hey!” He stood and shook my hand. Irene stood and hugged me.

“You didn’t tell me Omari worked at the mall,” my father said after I sat down between them. “He sold me the phone for Josh.”

“I had no idea you were Zac’s father,” he said as he looked over at me and smiled. “If I had known, I would have given you my discount.”

“Maybe it’s not too late,” Dad laughed. Mom walked in with a snack tray filled with cheese and crackers. She put it on the table in front of us. Billy followed her with a tray containing glasses of tea. He looked at Omari, then at me and scowled. I wanted to stick my tongue out at him, but someone would have seen me do it.

Mom sat down and immediately started asking questions. She started with Irene, but I knew it wouldn’t take her long to start interrogating Omari. I became upset with Billy when he sat crossed legged in front of Omari and stared up at him. I gave him a dirty look, but he didn’t seem to care.

To make matters worse, Josh came in the room. When he saw Omari sitting on the couch, he ran over and sat down between us. He pulled his cell phone from his pocket and handed it to him. “Can you show me how to add people? Dad told me, but I forgot.”

“Sure,” Omari looked at me and smiled. He then looked around the room. “Why don’t we go into the kitchen? We’ll have more room.” Josh jumped up, grabbing Omari’s hand and pulling him toward the kitchen. I got upset when Billy followed them.

Mom and Irene continued to talk while I kept a cautious eye on what was happening in the kitchen. I didn’t trust Billy. He seemed too infatuated with Omari. I think my Dad sensed what was happening. He got up and went into the kitchen and sat down beside Billy as he watched Omari explain to Josh how to use his cell phone.

When Mom got up to get more tea, Irene turned to me and smiled. “You have a wonderful family.”

I looked into the kitchen and frowned. “I have a little brother I may kill.”

“He’s adorable,” she laughed. “You didn’t tell me he was gay. I saw him wearing the necklace I sold you.”

“I may strangle him with it,” I said angrily as I looked into the kitchen and saw him ogling Omari.

“Don’t worry about Omari,” she stated. “He’s used to the attention. He knows how to handle it.” She patted me on my hand. I felt a little better. I was afraid he would be upset with the looks Billy was giving him, but I understood what Irene was saying. I guess when you are born with Omari’s good looks, you become accustomed to people staring at you.

“Why doesn’t he date more?” I asked her softly so no one could hear us.

“He’s picky,” she replied. “He could have anyone he wants, but hardly anyone meets his standards.”

I gave her an astonished look. “I do?”

She giggled and pinched my cheek. “You are so sweet and innocent. Omari’s a lucky guy.”

Lucky guy! I looked into the kitchen and saw the handsome guy surrounded by my family. Even though they had just met him, he appeared comfortable and relaxed as if he had been in our home a thousand times. I knew I was the lucky one, except one thing stood in the way- my heart wasn’t in it.

Omari came out of the kitchen and pulled Irene to her feet. “Let’s go,” he smiled as he offered his hand to me. He squeezed it tightly as he helped me up. He continued to hold it for a few seconds as we walked to the door.

He turned and gave my mother a warm hug. “It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Barnes.” He then shook my father’s hand. Billy stood anxiously in front of him. Omari stepped forward and hugged him. When he released him, it looked like Billy had just landed on Cloud Nine.

Irene drove us to the mall in her VW Jetta. Omari insisted that I ride in the front. He sat behind Irene, so when I turned to talk to him, my eyes kept dropping to his crotch. Once he smiled and spread his legs wider apart. From the bulge inside the shorts he was wearing, he appeared to be well endowed.

“Where do you want to eat?” Irene asked as we strolled around the mall.

“Anywhere but the food court,” Omari insisted. “I’m tired of the food there.” Just then, we walked past an Asian restaurant, the Purple Lotus.

“How about here?” She walked up and read the menu displayed in a case outside the door. It seemed rather expensive. I wasn’t sure I had enough for dinner and the movie. Omari thought it would be an interesting place to eat.

Dinner was another of those ‘getting to know you’ meals. Irene kept asking me questions about my family, school and track. Most I had already told her, but I think she was doing it for Omari. She didn’t know that we had talked for an hour the night before.

I almost spit my soda across the table when she asked me, “Are you still a virgin?” Omari covered his face and laughed. He then looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

“Yes,” I admitted before moaning loudly. “I can’t believe I just said that.”

“Why?” Irene asked. “I think it’s sweet that someone as cute as you is still intact.”

“Intact!” I laughed. “Is that what I am?”

Irene giggled and looked over at Omari. “Well, maybe Omari can change that.”

I was becoming increasingly upset with the direction the conversation was going. I was out on a night with friends, but it seemed they were trying to hook me up for sex. I wasn’t sure I was ready for that for a couple of reasons. One, I was still hurting from my failed encounter with Rachel. Even though I knew I was now gay, I still wasn’t ready to attempt another sexual encounter.

Secondly, there was Adrian. Ever since meeting him, I had hoped that I could lose my virginity to him. All my jack off fantasies involved him making love to me. Even after meeting Omari, I still continue to think about Adrian. I tried once to imagine Omari fucking me, but I soon saw Adrian’s brown eyes staring down as he penetrated me.

As I looked across the table, I knew that Omari and Irene were experienced with sex. They were both several years older than me. Irene has a girlfriend, and Omari told me he once had a boyfriend. I realized that they probably consider that sex would naturally follow a night of dating.

I looked over at Omari as they talked. He was amazingly handsome. Most gay guys would probably give their left nut to spend a night in bed with him. Irene said he was extremely selective with the guys he dates, so I knew he wasn’t someone who just jumped into bed with any guy who looked interested. In fact, I had gotten the impression he may not have been with anyone since he broke up with his former boyfriend.

Irene looked worriedly at me. “You okay?”

“Yeah, sure,” I said as we continued to talk. A couple of times Omari would reach over and hold my hand briefly when he tried to make a point about something. Each time Irene would look at me and grin. I had a feeling Irene thought of Omari as a little brother, and she was the protective sister. I think she had given me the seal of approval.

When the waiter brought the check, Omari immediately grabbed it and announced, “My treat.” I insisted on paying my part of the meal, but he quickly handed our waiter his Visa card. I didn’t want to feel indebted to him. Many of the guys in school talked about taking a girl out. They felt that if they spend big money on a meal and movie, then she ‘owes’ them. I was finally able to convince him to let me leave the tip on the table when we left.

Since we still had time before the movie started, we walked casually around the mall. We stopped in a women’s boutique and waited while Irene picked out a silk pair of pajamas. Sarah was coming home in a few weeks, and she wanted something sexy to wear. Omari and I felt uncomfortable as she kept holding them up and asking, “How does this look?” Several customers in the store gave us curious looks. I think they thought we were involved in some kinky three-way relationship.

As we left the store, I quickly stopped. Adrian and Valerie were approaching from about six feet away. Valerie smiled, but Adrian’s eyes darted back and forth between Omari and me.

“Hi,” Valerie said cheerfully as they approached. Her smile faded when she noticed Omari take a step toward me and press against my body.

“Um, Hi,” I stammered nervously. I then introduced Adrian and Valerie to Omari and Irene. Irene gave them a friendly handshake, but Omari simply nodded at them. I kept watching the glances being exchanged between Adrian and Omari.

“We’re going to go to the movie,” Irene informed Valerie. “Would you care to join us?” I looked over quickly at Irene. I couldn’t make eye contact so that I could tell her I didn’t want them to join us.

“No,” Adrian answered quickly. He looked angrily at Omari. “We have other plans.” I became upset when Omari reached out and put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. It appeared like there was a secret battle going on between them. I had never mentioned Adrian’s name to Omari, but I think he could tell by the looks Adrian was giving him that there was some kind of chemistry between us. I think he felt challenged, and he wanted to protect his prize.

Adrian stared into my eyes. A sadness appeared on his face that I couldn’t even begin to explain. It was as if I was watching his heart break into a million pieces. He started to blink away tears before turning and walking dejectedly away.

“Nice to meet you,” said Valerie to Irene as she gave me a puzzled look. She looked at Omari’s arm still wrapped around my shoulder. “I’ll call you later, Zac,” she announced before turning and running to catch up with Adrian. I watched as she grabbed his hand. He pulled it away as he looked back at me, shook his head and stormed off.

“What’s his problem?” Irene asked as she watched Adrian walk away.

“Old lover?” Omari asked sarcastically as he squeezed my shoulder. Suddenly, I detested him. I realized that everything about the evening was wrong. I loved Adrian and I should never have consented to going out with Omari. I knew what he expected from me. I didn’t want another boyfriend. I wanted to wait for Adrian, and now I had hurt him.

I stepped away and brushed Omari’s hand off my shoulder. I looked anxiously at Irene. “I’ve got to go,” I said trying to hold back tears. Omari reached for my hand, but I pulled it way.

“Wait!” he pleaded.

“I...I really have to go,” I insisted as I looked in the direction in which Adrian had fled.

“Zac, don’t go!” I heard Irene shout as I quickly walked away.

I wandered around the mall for about a half hour searching desperately for Adrian and Valerie. I wasn’t sure what to say to him if I found him, but I knew I had to let him know that there was nothing between Omari and me. I wanted to make him understand I would wait for him no matter how long it took. From the hurt look in his eyes when he saw me standing beside Omari, I knew he still loved me. He just couldn’t bring himself to admit it.

I tried calling his cell phone, but I kept getting a voice mail recording. After the fourth time, I left a message begging him to call me. I finally called my father and asked him to pick me up.

He didn’t say anything as I got in the car. I think he knew by the look on my face that something had gone wrong. He also knew me well enough to know that I wouldn’t talk about it until I was ready.

Billy jumped from the bed when I entered. He looked at the clock and asked, “Why are home so early?”

“I don’t want to talk about it, okay?” I glared at him as I began to undress. He sat back on his bed and stared at me.

“Did something happen?” he asked almost inaudibly.

I started laughing nervously as I changed into my shorts and running shoes. I was going to do what I always did when I get upset- run. “You could say that,” I replied. “If there’s a way to fuck things up, then you can depend on me to do it.”

I left the house and started running down the street.

Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2010 by Ronyx All Rights Reserved<br />
  • Like 35
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, that was a disappointing "date". I think Zac is looking at this situation all wrong. What if Omari is Zac's door number 3?? I was disappointed in Zac for leaving Omari and Irene just standing there in the middle of the mall. I feel really bad for Omari. He chose to want to date Zac, and he gets a slap in the face. He doesn't owe Adrian a damn thing. He doesn't deserve to be hurt and jealous! For what?? He made his asshole descision to stay away because of his daddy. I still say Zac should move on. That aside, I thought Billy's reaction to Omari and how he was acting around him was hilarious! Billy is a very comical character. Personally, much more likeable than Zac is at this point.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Zac's reaction to seeing Adrian and Valerie in the mall screams out that he's not ready to date anyone yet - not Omari, not Adrian. He may have made his decision, but clearly, Zac is still running. Irene and Omari did not realize this; Zac is in a different place to where they thought. Their line of questioning betrays this. But it is the pity of the world that Zac hurt Omari and Irene, and even more of a pity that he could not articulate his discomfort and growing unease. Thanks for this difficult but important chapter.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Well, I think Irene deserved it for being a pushy bitch, and Omari deserved it for being possessive and acting as if he was entitled to 'claim' Zac in front of Adrian. But most of all for saying 'old lover' like that :angry: - that pissed me off so much that I cheered when Zac left both of them on the spot. :D Well done and good riddance ! :yes:
Of course, I don't really feel sorry for Adrian either, he broke Zac's heart, so it's only fair that he's faced with the consequences. If he won't own up to his feelings, eventually Zac will find someone else to love. Not Omari the snooty jerk, but someone nice.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I think Irene and Omari keep forgetting that Zac is still a high school student.

 

And jay, Zac is much, much more conflicted than Billy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am sorry all you guys,but i am FULLY on Zac and Adrian's side,zac is in love with Adrian and Adrian is in love with Zac,people have to realize that being gay to a black guy is a lot harder than for a white guy,black guys in general have this huge macho thing going on,also knowing that there parents would not take kindly to a white guy being in love with their son it is 100 times harder for Adrian to come out knowing how much of a hornets nest that would srir up,i feel so sorry for both of them and hope with all my heart that they do get together,they are meant to be together forever,love will win in the end (i hope).

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Well I think Zac should set his priorities and not lead Omari if his heart is not into it and if he is still looking for Adrian, it's not like Omari hides his intentions from Zac and then taking any undue advantage when he sees Adrian's reaction towards Zac
Hope next chapter has cleared Zac's mind

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 03:02 AM, jaysalmn said:

Well, that was a disappointing "date". I think Zac is looking at this situation all wrong. What if Omari is Zac's door number 3?? I was disappointed in Zac for leaving Omari and Irene just standing there in the middle of the mall. I feel really bad for Omari. He chose to want to date Zac, and he gets a slap in the face. He doesn't owe Adrian a damn thing. He doesn't deserve to be hurt and jealous! For what?? He made his asshole descision to stay away because of his daddy. I still say Zac should move on. That aside, I thought Billy's reaction to Omari and how he was acting around him was hilarious! Billy is a very comical character. Personally, much more likeable than Zac is at this point.

Billy is the beloved little brother everyone wants. He's funny, caring and loving. Even though occasionally he does get a little bit horny. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 03:24 AM, Parker Owens said:

Zac's reaction to seeing Adrian and Valerie in the mall screams out that he's not ready to date anyone yet - not Omari, not Adrian. He may have made his decision, but clearly, Zac is still running. Irene and Omari did not realize this; Zac is in a different place to where they thought. Their line of questioning betrays this. But it is the pity of the world that Zac hurt Omari and Irene, and even more of a pity that he could not articulate his discomfort and growing unease. Thanks for this difficult but important chapter.

Thanks, Parker. I doubt that Zac hasn't even begun to realize what he wants. He's young and hasn't begun to realize the responsibility that goes with loving someone.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 03:27 AM, Timothy M. said:

Well, I think Irene deserved it for being a pushy bitch, and Omari deserved it for being possessive and acting as if he was entitled to 'claim' Zac in front of Adrian. But most of all for saying 'old lover' like that :angry: - that pissed me off so much that I cheered when Zac left both of them on the spot. :D Well done and good riddance ! :yes:

Of course, I don't really feel sorry for Adrian either, he broke Zac's heart, so it's only fair that he's faced with the consequences. If he won't own up to his feelings, eventually Zac will find someone else to love. Not Omari the snooty jerk, but someone nice.

Angry much, Timothy? :) It was only an informal 'date.' Maybe Zac read too much into it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 04:13 AM, droughtquake said:

I think Irene and Omari keep forgetting that Zac is still a high school student.

 

And jay, Zac is much, much more conflicted than Billy.

You're right, droughtquake. Zac is only 17. He's sort of out of his league with Irene and Omari. They prefer a shot of bourbon while he sips on a strawberry milkshake.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 06:15 AM, bubby1234 said:

I am sorry all you guys,but i am FULLY on Zac and Adrian's side,zac is in love with Adrian and Adrian is in love with Zac,people have to realize that being gay to a black guy is a lot harder than for a white guy,black guys in general have this huge macho thing going on,also knowing that there parents would not take kindly to a white guy being in love with their son it is 100 times harder for Adrian to come out knowing how much of a hornets nest that would srir up,i feel so sorry for both of them and hope with all my heart that they do get together,they are meant to be together forever,love will win in the end (i hope).

You're basically right, bubby, but you're make too many generalizations. I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I am in an interracial relationship/ marriage. Tony and I were fortunately embraced by both our families. However, it can be difficult for a black gay male because, as you mention, of the macho image that is expected by fathers from their sons. My experience has shown that religion plays a big role in this, as we see with Adrian's father.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 07:19 AM, long1jo said:

Well I think Zac should set his priorities and not lead Omari if his heart is not into it and if he is still looking for Adrian, it's not like Omari hides his intentions from Zac and then taking any undue advantage when he sees Adrian's reaction towards Zac

Hope next chapter has cleared Zac's mind

long1jo, we have a long way to go before Zac's mind has been cleared up. Right now it is as if he's 17 going on 14. :)

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Whatever he chooses, Zac made the right choice here. He knows what is and what is not in his heart and I give him full marks for realizing it, even if it did take that awkward meeting with Adrian to drive it home.

 

What happens next? At this point neither Zac nor Adrian knows (nor us :) ). But I'm willing to bet you will, Ron, and I can't wait to discover it.

 

Nice chapter!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I love Billy he makes me laugh. There is and old saying chasing a dead horse which is what Zac is doing with Adrian. I do not see that relationship going any where. Zac needs get Adrian out of his heart because he seems to be out of his life already. Zac needs to give Oman a chance not everyone falls in love at first site.
When i was just accepting myself as being gay I had a situation like Zac. I had met a guy my freshman year in college we both seemed to fall for each other until his best friend picked up that I was gay and made some very homophobic comments about me. David the guy I thought was into me changed and would not even look at me or talk to me. It took me a while to get over him but I did. The second semester David's best friend flunked out he tried to hook up with me but by that time i was over him. I told him I was no longer interested since he was and asshole when his buddy Jon was around.
Sorry for the rant...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 08:27 AM, skinnydragon said:

Whatever he chooses, Zac made the right choice here. He knows what is and what is not in his heart and I give him full marks for realizing it, even if it did take that awkward meeting with Adrian to drive it home.

 

What happens next? At this point neither Zac nor Adrian knows (nor us :) ). But I'm willing to bet you will, Ron, and I can't wait to discover it.

 

Nice chapter!

Thanks, skinnydragon. The road in life is never straight. It is filled with many twists and turns. Such is the case for Zac and Adrian.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2016 08:44 AM, Karl 1960 said:

I love Billy he makes me laugh. There is and old saying chasing a dead horse which is what Zac is doing with Adrian. I do not see that relationship going any where. Zac needs get Adrian out of his heart because he seems to be out of his life already. Zac needs to give Oman a chance not everyone falls in love at first site.

When i was just accepting myself as being gay I had a situation like Zac. I had met a guy my freshman year in college we both seemed to fall for each other until his best friend picked up that I was gay and made some very homophobic comments about me. David the guy I thought was into me changed and would not even look at me or talk to me. It took me a while to get over him but I did. The second semester David's best friend flunked out he tried to hook up with me but by that time i was over him. I told him I was no longer interested since he was and asshole when his buddy Jon was around.

Sorry for the rant...

Rants are good, Karl. They are shared learning tools. Because of unfortunate incidences we experienced, we can share our experience, and thus help others avoid making costly mistakes. Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I'm surprised that not only Zac, but all other reviewers so far haven't commented on the parallels between Omari and Adrian when it comes to their families. Omari was ostracised, and Adrian fears that and worse. Unfortunately, given what happened on the 'date', I don't think Zac will take the time to understand Omari and his family, which means he's not going to easily understand Adrian and his family.

 

Billy's lucky that Lonnie wasn't there when Omari and Irene showed up. Earlier he had said he wanted him there, but if Lonnie had been there, I suspect Billy might've been in a bit of trouble :P But there's nothing wrong with having a distant crush. The problems arise when someone tries to follow through on it. Just because person A has a crush on person B, there is no reason that person B will reciprocate. That's what's happening here. Omari appears to have a crush on Zac, but Zac has realised he's still fixated on Adrian. For how long, we don't know, but it appears that Adrian is equally fixated on Zac ( :thumbup: ) but is afraid (for legitimate reasons) to act on it ( :thumbdown: ).

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Perhaps Zac's run will get his mind in order... A lot to think about. He should talk to Adrian but at the same time he needs to realise he's not responsible to carry Adrian's troubles too. Adrian has to work out his own life. Zac should also talk to Omari and explain he isn't ready for what the older guy might be wanting of him.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I thought Billy was hysterical in this chapter! Also, Dad and Josh were pretty funny. Dad's still trying to get that discount! :lol:

 

But, kidding aside, my heart broke for Adrian. I know some readers are saying it's Adrian's fault and too bad for him; Zac shouldn't put his life on hold because Adrian will never come out of the closet. Adrian has it rough. His father sounds like a major asshole -- asking Zac's mom if he has a girlfriend? WTF? He's another Kenny, but older.

 

True, maybe Zac doesn't want to wait the rest of his life for Adrian to decide what he's going to do. But it's Zac's choice. I think what Omari did by 'claiming' Zac was pretty pretentious, and I would have been pissed too. Especially after the snide 'Old lover' comment. Totally uncalled for.

 

Poor Irene though -- she was like caught in the middle. She didn't know Zac well enough to realize that he's not ready for a physical relationship or a committed relationship.

 

Ron, I noticed in your review response to droughtquake, that you said Zac was only seventeen. But, in one of the first few chapters, Zac says he's nineteen, and in one of the chapters Adrian says he's nineteen too. Honestly, when I read that (I remember reading it on your site too and thinking the same thing), I thought it was strange, because usually you graduate high school at either seventeen or eighteen. Unless they were both held back (doubtful) or they started preschool or kindergarten a year later than everyone else. Anyway, I'm just nitpicking, but I wanted to point that out. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/17/2016 04:12 PM, Lisa said:

I thought Billy was hysterical in this chapter! Also, Dad and Josh were pretty funny. Dad's still trying to get that discount! :lol:

 

But, kidding aside, my heart broke for Adrian. I know some readers are saying it's Adrian's fault and too bad for him; Zac shouldn't put his life on hold because Adrian will never come out of the closet. Adrian has it rough. His father sounds like a major asshole -- asking Zac's mom if he has a girlfriend? WTF? He's another Kenny, but older.

 

True, maybe Zac doesn't want to wait the rest of his life for Adrian to decide what he's going to do. But it's Zac's choice. I think what Omari did by 'claiming' Zac was pretty pretentious, and I would have been pissed too. Especially after the snide 'Old lover' comment. Totally uncalled for.

 

Poor Irene though -- she was like caught in the middle. She didn't know Zac well enough to realize that he's not ready for a physical relationship or a committed relationship.

 

Ron, I noticed in your review response to droughtquake, that you said Zac was only seventeen. But, in one of the first few chapters, Zac says he's nineteen, and in one of the chapters Adrian says he's nineteen too. Honestly, when I read that (I remember reading it on your site too and thinking the same thing), I thought it was strange, because usually you graduate high school at either seventeen or eighteen. Unless they were both held back (doubtful) or they started preschool or kindergarten a year later than everyone else. Anyway, I'm just nitpicking, but I wanted to point that out. :)

Oops. You're right, Lisa. His is a senior, which would make him nineteen. I sometimes get my stories confused. :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I have several different feelings after reading this chapter. I think, first of all, Zac is probably rushing into things. He's only just "discovered" he's gay. And further, with him being a senior, and not, say a freshman, relationships tend to be a lot more serious in nature. So he needs to figure out what he's feeling before engaging in a relationship.

I don't think Adrian or Omari are right for Zac. At least right now. Omari is several years older, and much more experienced, not just with sex and relationships, but with who he is as a gay man.

And Adrian's so deep in the closet, won't defend, or even speak to Zac. So he's not ready, if ever, for a relationship with Zac. If I were Zac I'd slow down a little. He's going to university soon anyway, so any relationship at home would be vulnerable, and he'll have more opportunities at university to meet some cute gay guys. :D

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..