Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

Nox or Not?

   (10 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: General Romance

My best friend Maison agreed to kitten sit for his older sister as a peace offering.  He wasn’t banking on losing one of them.

Copyright © 2024 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.
  • Signature Author
  • 07/26/2024 (Updated: 07/26/2024)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 4,378 Words
  • 2,737 Views
  • 40 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (15 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 15
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 14
  • Feel-Good 12
  • Humor 8
  • Smoldering 7
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 4,378 Words
    • 1,231 Views
    • 40 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Summerabbacat

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

I adore cats of any age so choosing to read this story was a "no brainer". The kittens and cats are as I expected, beautiful and personality plus, but what I did not expect was to be so delighted by their human friends, Evan and Maison. Of course like all entertaining stories there has to be at least one character who is less than engaging, and in this case it is two who are totally abhorrent.

The premise of the story is one I am very familiar with. My youngest is at times "difficult" to find inside my apartment and usually does not show herself when "hiding" until I have reached the near-hysteria stage. You would think after all these years I would be wise to her ways, but alas I am not. Who is the smart one in this relationship?

A great story which I too would love to see "fleshed out" into a lengthier tale.

  • Love 9
Link to review
astone2292

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

I am left impressed with this short story. 

Misplacing a kitten can be stressful and heart-wrenching. What comes next in this story is equally, if not, more. Buckle in and read, folks. Brilliant use of this year's theme, Secret Author!

  • Love 10
Link to review
Headstall

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

Two thumbs up! Engaging tale about an all too frequent reality, made better with kittens. :)  Cheers!

  • Love 10
Link to review
W_L

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

Charming story of "best friends", who may become more, and a pet-sitting gig with some adorable kittens.

There's a lot to like about this simple story, wrapped in an easily read package

  • Love 10
Link to review
Bill W

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This story is an easy read and packs a lot of emotion from beginning to end.  Some of the emotions are sad and some are comical, but most are touching and involve all forms of love.  In addition to the two main characters, Maison and Evan, there's a cast of others, including a lot of kittens and a few cats.  I think you'll find it well worth the time it takes to read it.   

  • Love 10
Link to review
chris191070

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This short has everything you could possibly need. Two best friends babysitting, two adorable kittens Nox and Lumos (the true stars of the story).

During the course of the weekend we discover an awful lot, the sad home life of one and his feelings of hurt and rejection and the other who can't declare his love.

Cats play a major part, throughout the story.

Congratulations to the mystery author on a gentle story, full of love and empathy.

  • Love 11
Link to review
Mancunian

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

For a short story this packs in quite a lot, rejection, reconnection, a loving and supportive friendship, soft furry animals to melt your heart and hidden love, what more can you ask for? Okay, you want a loving relationship too, hopefully, that is in the future and it is waiting there in the wings. I'm hoping the author will write a follow-up to give us all that closure.

  • Love 11
Link to review
Gary L

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

The stars of the show are two kittens which the guys are looking after for the weekend. During the weekend we learn of the sad home life of one and the undeclared love of the other. Cats return as a key component of the climax.

a lovely, gentle story written with feeling and empathy.  The author should be congratulated.

  • Like 1
  • Love 10
Link to review
kbois

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Oh! The panic that ensues when a pet goes missing, especially if it's not yours and you're only pet sitting.  

What happens when a mischievous kitten decides to go MIA? You'll have to read to find out.  

An adventurous tale of two friends and their quest to find a naughty kitten.  Hidden feelings are revealed too, so delve in to discover what happens. 

At least dogs greet you at the door when you get home.  They might bolt through it, but their tails will be wagging if they do! 

  • Love 7
Link to review
Cane23

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

What starts as a charming afternoon two best friends share, taking care of sister's cat - evolves in heartbreaking reveil of coming out, family rejection and real support.

Is there a chance for more than friendship - author leaves a hope at the end, letting us dreaming the HEA! 

  • Love 6
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..