Jump to content
    SidLove
  • Author
  • 881 Words
  • 3,228 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Someone called Soul Mate - 1. Chapter 1

THE DISASTER AFTERMATH...

 

Riley raced down the hallway crammed full with distressed people like him, bumping into someone or the other while he looked around the place. His clothes were drenched that stuck closely hugging his pale, freezing skin. The brunette’s body trembled but he couldn’t bother about that right now.

His feet changed their track as he moved into another hospital wing. However, to add more trouble for him, that wing was more populated, making it impossible for Riley to find hospital personnel. Not able to see a trace of any nurse or a doctor there, he moved out as quickly as he came. His gaze fell over the million people surrounding the reception area.

He flew in that direction, trying to reach that area as fast as his weakened legs could take him. He spotted the girl sitting behind the counter trying to help each one of the people. However, she looked flustered trying to answer everyone and was at her wit’s end. Riley pushed through the crowd trying to reach her. He yelled for her attention, but his feeble voice was only drowned in the booming place.

At that moment, a nurse hurriedly walked next to him and he caught hold of her right before she passed him. “Miss ...” his shivering voice began. “Would y-would you h-help me plea...” His voice thickened with emotions jamming in his throat, and he gulped looking helplessly at the young lady.

The nurse looked at the forlorn man standing there and felt her heart go out to him. Saying that he seemed devastated would be an understatement. She nodded, really wanting to help him.

Riley gritted his teeth to stop them from chattering, and then went on to say, “I h-have this f-friend ... he is ... I can’t find him.” He bit his lip to stop himself from crying.

“Sir, if you could describe ...”

“He is tall, he has blonde hair a-and he was wearing a dark blue dress shirt the last time I saw him.” Riley quickly informed her. “W-wait, I could show you his picture...” He had already removed his sodden wallet and retrieved a snapshot of the said person. “Here ... by any chance...”

The girl eyed the picture. The picture showed the man standing in front of her right now, looking younger than he looked at present, with some blonde guy pressing close to his body. She lightly shook her head not able to recognise him. “I am afraid I haven’t seen him in here. Maybe you should check the other hospitals.”

“I have... this is the last one that was left and ...” Riley’s voice trembled as tears began to threaten his eyes. Suddenly, he turned annoyed. “Why don’t you just look at it and tell me where he is ...” His voice raised with his raging anger. He didn’t know where it came from.

“I am sorry.” She cut him off gently. She understood he was frustrated and gave him a sad smile. “I really am, but he is not here. Maybe he has survived?”

The light of hope hit him and he perked. “Could that be? Could he be okay?”

“Yes, that could be another possibility of why he is not here.” The nurse shrugged.

“Another? What could be the other possibility?” He narrowed his eyes at her.

The young lady immediately froze at the question. How could she answer that without hurting him? It no doubt looked as if this ‘friend’ obviously meant something to this man. “I uhm ... I have to go.” She stammered out before leaving hurriedly.

“W-wait.” He called out but she had disappeared. The fear of what she was hiding from him engulfed him. He knew exactly what this other possibility was that this girl couldn’t admit to him. But he didn’t want to think about it. ‘It can’t be. He can’t be ... NO!’

He forbade his mind from thinking about it, but his head only became fuzzy. The fright slowly began to crawl under his skin. “No-no-no-no-no ... He can’t be dead. He is alive.” He talked to himself. “I know ... I just ...” He crashed down on his knees and palmed his face. Out of the blue, his shoulders began to shake and he cried softly while mumbling to himself, “Where are you? Where are you, Kyle? I can’t live without you ... I don’t want to live without you. Please come back Kyle, come back to me.”

All of a sudden, he felt light-headed. Kyle Morgan was missing. His Kyle. The love of his life. Riley blamed himself for not keeping him safe. ‘I shouldn’t have left him alone,’ he thought, ‘It is all my fault. We reunited after five fucking years and I did the same mistake again. I let him go, all by himself. Oh god! I hope nothing bad has happened to him.’

Slowly, the darkness began to cover him and he fell flat on the floor. He could hear several people talking around him, asking him if he was okay. Riley tried to keep his eyes open and tell them that he was going to be alright after he finds Kyle but those voices died down after a while and it all went blank.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Copyright © 2013 SidLove; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, that was short and mind-boggling. I hope you have the next chapter ready to go before I come and throttle you! lol Great beginning Sid:)

Link to comment

HOLY FRICKEN HELL! You and your damn cliffhangers. At some point I feel like I am going to have to yell Red to get you to end the tourture. Tis starting out very well though. If my heart resumes to beating normally I will stick around for the rest of the story of course. Just lovely Sid dearest, just lovely.

Link to comment

Hmmm. Riley. wub.png I like the character already. My dogs name was Riley, so Riley's are good people! biggrin.png Yelling at the poor nurse. Now I am wondering what happened. huh.png What happened to Kyle and Riley to separate the two of them? What is with the whole "survived" and "dead" deal? happy.png

...Was there a zombie apocalypse that I am not aware of? ph34r.png

HAS KYLE BEEN TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE?! lmaosmiley.gif

Anyway, haha, I think that I will love this story and I am off to bed like a herd of zombie yodeling guinea pigs! hug.gif

Link to comment

You know that you better hurry up with the next chapter after that beginning! ;)

That was very emotional - I could taste Rileys despair - well done :) I think I'm going to like - love(?) - this story :)

Link to comment

Weren't the characters Luke and Noah way back when? I seem to remember that. lol

 

But I do love the names Riley and Kyle; awesome start to another awesome story Sid! :2thumbs:

Link to comment

A dramatic buildup, and then left in the dark! With a million questions

unanswered. You got my attention...

Link to comment

It looks like another great story. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Can't wait fo next chapter, so better hurry up. And I hope there would be a little bit of Dylan and Teeny, too.whistle.gif

Link to comment

Do you enjoy torturing me, lol? You and these cliffhangers are going to drive me to drinking facepalm.gif

 

Great beginning to the story. I know I said I would wait for a few more chapters before I started reading this story but I just couldn't wait. I enjoyed your last story so much that I had to jump in and start this one. Looking forward to the next chapters.

Link to comment

Suddenly, life has new meaning to me. Where is Kyle? I really need to know. This short piece is so emotionally charged and hooked me and I love it. Searching for someone you love is a fine way to begin a story. I wanna know what happens next. I really hope he has survived. I don't want Kyle to be dead.

Link to comment
On 10/23/2012 05:41 AM, joann414 said:
Well, that was short and mind-boggling. I hope you have the next chapter ready to go before I come and throttle you! lol Great beginning Sid:)
haha I am late... but I guess I was on time before you decided to actually throttle me :lol:

Thanks joann.. you are always bringing smile to my face with your comments :D

Link to comment
On 10/23/2012 07:27 AM, SoullessCynner said:
I agree completely with JoAnn. Sounds very interesting so far. I'll be checking back for the next chapter.
Thanks Cyn! Next chap is up for reading :D
Link to comment
On 10/23/2012 09:04 AM, Carrie76 said:
HOLY FRICKEN HELL! You and your damn cliffhangers. At some point I feel like I am going to have to yell Red to get you to end the tourture. Tis starting out very well though. If my heart resumes to beating normally I will stick around for the rest of the story of course. Just lovely Sid dearest, just lovely.
OMG Carrie.. LMAO! I am a real torture, aint I? :P I can surely be the King of Hell sometime soon hehe

Sorry for that... hope some love in the next chapter would warm your heart! ^_^

Link to comment
On 10/23/2012 11:44 AM, MuddyRiverGirl said:
Hmmm. Riley. wub.png I like the character already. My dogs name was Riley, so Riley's are good people! biggrin.png Yelling at the poor nurse. Now I am wondering what happened. huh.png What happened to Kyle and Riley to separate the two of them? What is with the whole "survived" and "dead" deal? happy.png

...Was there a zombie apocalypse that I am not aware of? ph34r.png

HAS KYLE BEEN TURNED INTO A ZOMBIE?! lmaosmiley.gif

Anyway, haha, I think that I will love this story and I am off to bed like a herd of zombie yodeling guinea pigs! hug.gif

wow .. ahem. a dog :P Now I will be imagining a cute little dog when I write Riley scenes haha

just kidding.. its cute really.

You will find out everything about the characters soon as the story progresses ^_^

Thanks for reading!

Link to comment
On 10/24/2012 02:21 AM, ninecila said:
You know that you better hurry up with the next chapter after that beginning! ;)

That was very emotional - I could taste Rileys despair - well done :) I think I'm going to like - love(?) - this story :)

Aww I hope you do love this story.. it would be a jackpot for me!! :D

Thanks!!

Link to comment
On 10/24/2012 03:22 AM, Lisa said:
Weren't the characters Luke and Noah way back when? I seem to remember that. lol

 

But I do love the names Riley and Kyle; awesome start to another awesome story Sid! :2thumbs:

Yep yep... but shh... dont tell anyone.. it is our little secret :lol:

Thanks Lisa! You are a great woman! :D

Link to comment
On 10/24/2012 04:32 AM, Stephen said:
A dramatic buildup, and then left in the dark! With a million questions

unanswered. You got my attention...

YAY!! I am an attention whore, as one of my friends calls me lol .. so thank you for giving me your attention haha
Link to comment
On 10/24/2012 11:11 PM, danda said:
It looks like another great story. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Can't wait fo next chapter, so better hurry up. And I hope there would be a little bit of Dylan and Teeny, too.whistle.gif
I am gonna try and hurry up as fast as I could but with exams and all it is gonna be difficult. Thanks for sticking up with me anyways :D
Link to comment
On 10/25/2012 04:40 AM, CW Prince said:
Do you enjoy torturing me, lol? You and these cliffhangers are going to drive me to drinking facepalm.gif

 

Great beginning to the story. I know I said I would wait for a few more chapters before I started reading this story but I just couldn't wait. I enjoyed your last story so much that I had to jump in and start this one. Looking forward to the next chapters.

Yep, I enjoy torturing hot men... the faces they make are to die for LOL

I, for one, am glad you decided to read the story.. your opinion counts always :D Thanks!

Link to comment
On 10/25/2012 06:28 AM, LJH said:
Suddenly, life has new meaning to me. Where is Kyle? I really need to know. This short piece is so emotionally charged and hooked me and I love it. Searching for someone you love is a fine way to begin a story. I wanna know what happens next. I really hope he has survived. I don't want Kyle to be dead.
I dont know where Kyle is.. Riley has been asking me and we looked for him everywhere. Are you sure he is not hiding under your table?? :P He can get naughty at times when he sees hot men :lol:

I am so glad you approve of this. I was very nervous, thinkin whether people are going to like or not. But I am glad everyone is so cool about it :D

Thank you Louis! You are the best ^_^

Link to comment

Ok... Don't get angry. I know I am late. But you got me hooked. Excellent beginning.

I have only one problem. "Oh god! I hope nothing bad has happened to him." -Given the situation, I don't think this is an adequate expression. You were going just so smooth before, you were gliding in 100kmph, and this was a glitch I felt. Rest of it just Avant grade. Hugs and Chocolates.

Link to comment

This was excellent. I loved the rushed tone and I could feel his anxiety.

One notable issue in the last sentence and a few smaller ones - "Riley tried to keep his eyes open and tell them that he was going to be alright after he finds Kyle but those voices died down after a while and it all went blank." You switched tenses in the middle. It reads a little smoother as "Riley tried to keep his eyes open and tell them he was going to be alright after he found Kyle, but those voices died down after awhile and it all went blank." (I changes the minor issues in the edit as well.) BTW, this sentence stood out so much because the rest of the story read really well.

Excellent job building atmosphere, always one of the most significant things an author can do. I look forward to reading the rest.

DF

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..