Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 285 Words
  • 1,805 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Vignettes - 10. Celebration

January 1

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12397]

Shawn speared yet another perfectly cooked lamb chop. Pouring on an embarrassing amount of the Sauce Espagnole, he repeated for the third time tonight, “Ian, did you really prepare this entire meal by yourself? I never knew you were this good in the kitchen. Lamb with avocadoes, what an original idea!”

Ian took a sip from the rare 1998 Borolo he had wheedled from his mother’s cellar. “It’s the least I could do to thank you Shawn. You were there for me when I needed you the most. You made sure I didn’t let my insecurities ruin it with Miles. I can never repay you enough.” Then he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

I said, “We had dinner last Saturday with my boss and his wife. First thing Monday, Franco found three new projects for Ian. He’s even working on a contract with The New Yorker for regular illustrations.”

Parker chimed in. “Ian, I can’t tell you how happy this makes me. Especially since I’ll be able to get a full night’s sleep.” We all laughed as Ian blushed.

“Shawn and Parker, you were saints. Not many friends would have put up with someone like me.”

 

Later, after our friends had departed and everything was cleaned and put away, Ian approached. We stood, facing each other. Ian placed his forehead against mine, his hands around my waist. I felt movement in his body. Ian was crying. Then he crushed into me, desperately holding me tightly.

“Miles, I love you so much, It hurts.”

I was speechless. It was the most astonishing thing he ever did with me.

But it wasn’t. The next thing was.

 
hr />

We now leave Ian and Miles their privacy. They deserve it!

They and I thank you for all the wonderful comments you generously left!
Copyright © 2015 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/30/2015 06:22 AM, Parker Owens said:

Thank you for this tasty and lovely denoument.

Haha ...you're more than welcome!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Aw Skinny.. short n sweet.. but lovely and sexy. Loved the ending
But, I don't love that it's ended!!

 

Well done... and thanks,
tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/30/2015 06:36 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Aw Skinny.. short n sweet.. but lovely and sexy. Loved the ending

But, I don't love that it's ended!!

 

Well done... and thanks,

tim

Thanks tim!

It's difficult, but it was time.

Maybe we'll bump into them from time to time once I discover someone else to spy on ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Aww... That was lovely. They do deserve their privacy but maybe Ian especially, might feel inclined in the future, to let us know he's doing better than well. Maybe?

 

It was all a wonderful experience SkinnyD. Thank you..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/30/2015 06:54 AM, Defiance19 said:

Aww... That was lovely. They do deserve their privacy but maybe Ian especially, might feel inclined in the future, to let us know he's doing better than well. Maybe?

 

It was all a wonderful experience SkinnyD. Thank you..

Thanks Defiance!

It'll be a little lonely, not having those boys always rattling around in my brain :)

Although, I have a feeling we'll bump into them from time to time ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A very sweet and touching way to leave our boys to their Happily Ever after! Bravo, and I adore the la cuisine classic reference to sauce espagnole - what a treat to bump into. Yummers!
Job well done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sweet and charming characters you've created here, SD. Connecting and coping with their frailties, and winning through in the end. I do hope we hear from them again from time to time, even if it's just for a cup of tea in the afternoon. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/30/2015 10:22 AM, AC Benus said:

A very sweet and touching way to leave our boys to their Happily Ever after! Bravo, and I adore the la cuisine classic reference to sauce espagnole - what a treat to bump into. Yummers!

Job well done!

Thanks AC!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist ...although it takes me all day to simmer to the shiny consistency and deep flavor required, I do it annually. (luckily it freezes well)

 

I think the boys are safe now. They needed the time to reach that flavor and consistency too, I guess ...hehe

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2015 10:38 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Sweet and charming characters you've created here, SD. Connecting and coping with their frailties, and winning through in the end. I do hope we hear from them again from time to time, even if it's just for a cup of tea in the afternoon. :)

Thanks CG!

I realize Ian started out a little too needy, but Miles was the exact temperament he required.

 

I'm sure we'll see them, here and there, from time to time!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great story, Skinny! I'm sad it's over though. :(

 

I loved reading about Ian's emotional progression and Miles' outstanding patience with him! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/01/2015 04:57 AM, Lisa said:

Great story, Skinny! I'm sad it's over though. :(

 

I loved reading about Ian's emotional progression and Miles' outstanding patience with him! :)

Thanks Lisa!

 

It was quite an 'emotional progression' for Ian, wasn't it. It surprised me how this little un-story hung together and even sort of had a beginning and an end!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..