Jump to content
    Thomas Nealy
  • Author
  • 2,093 Words
  • 2,378 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lives and Trials of Jupiter - 16. Chapter 16

Lives and Trials of Jupiter Chapter-16

 

 

The first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning was the events of yesterday. Yesterday was big. We had our dinner party and I came out to all my friends. Talk about jaws hitting the table. I'm not sure why I did it. We were all just sitting around the table after dinner getting ready to move down to the game rooms, and just start hanging out, when I got up and said, "Everyone, I have something I want to say." After I had everyone's attention I began. "I count you all among my closest friends and there is something I think I should tell you all. I'm Gay." At that, there was not a single person who did not have there mouth hanging open. Looking back on it I probably should have asked, or at least told Mark what I was going to do, but it was spur of the moment, kinda. I just could not live the lie anymore. I had to at least be out to my friends. Boy was Mark pissed, but it all worked out in the end. Before I dropped the bomb shell on everyone the day had started out really cool.

We took all the cars up to the shop and had them worked on. It took them 4 hrs with every worker they had. I paid extra for them to bring in everyone, and even some people from other stores so I could have every thing done in time for the party. The timing was perfect. They got done with all 4 cars, mine being the most intensive. I think at one point they had like 6 guys working on just my car. The others were easy just the alarms and auto starts. I had them add a GPS to the other 3 as well, but no one knew it ‘til we left. My car kicks major ass right now, I love it. When every one got there I pulled my car up and showed it off. For some reason the girls did not seem too care much, but all the guys went nuts.

Then Dinner came. That was great too. George had really outdone himself. Then I stuck my foot in my mouth, and pissed Mark off. We were all chilling . Then I had to go and tell everyone that I am gay. Well, on the bright side, everyone was OK with it, but Mark was so mad at me that he slept in the spare room last night.

So here I am waking up alone. Well, I have to face the music some time, right. I get up and head to Mark's room. I go over and shake his shoulder, "Mark, babe wake up." He opens his eyes, and looks at me.

"You know I'm still mad at you right. You should have at least told me. What if my mom finds out before your dad's plan can work? Then what? I will probably end up dead like my Dad. You really need to think about things before you go off half cocked, and do something that effects more people that just you. Now lets go take a shower, and get on damage control." Thank God he's not totally pissed at me. We get up and head back to my room, and take a shower.

We go downstairs and talk to my dad about stuff. He says that it should not make a difference, but we should not be out fully at school yet, just in case. As we're talking, Naudia walks in, and my dad goes up to the office with her.

<<<<Isaac>>>>

We walk into the office and sit in the informal area of my office. "CLAIR, page Evan."

"Good morning Isaac, What can I get for you this morning?"

"Two cups of coffee, and some of the Russian tea biscuits."

"Ill bring them right up."

I look at Naudia. She looks nervous. "So what did you want to talk about Naudia, and please relax?"

"Well, I have the results from the two investigations you asked me about." She says with a slight hitch in her voice. "And, there is some unexpected information. You might want to call in the other Erebus Heads." Whatever this is has her shaken bad.

"OK, CLAIR call Jess Davis and Phil Zimmer and load the call to the room conference phone please."

"Hello Isaac, what is this about?" Phil asked.

“Well, Naudia came to report something to me, and seems to think that you two need to be here as well."

"OK I'm on my way. I'll be there in a few minutes. Mind if I bring Brent with me? He loves your gardens. Maybe we can stay and have lunch with you?" Jess says.

"That's fine Jess, but this will be a closed meeting." I say back to him. I have to admit Brent is good guy. I'm glad they got together. Jess deserves to be happy.

"What about you Phil?"

"I'm walking in the door now. I was inspecting your guards when you called." A few minutes later Phil and Evan both came in.

"I brought 2 more cups and extra tea biscuits. Phil told me he, Jess and Brent were coming. When Brent comes, I will show him to the Gardens."

"Thank you Evan. Could you tell George that they will be joining us for lunch? I think we will we eat in the mountain atrium." As Evan leaves, Jess comes in.

"OK, so now that we are all here, what is this meeting for Naudia?"

"The two assignments you gave us. We have results and as I said before some new information. First, let me say that Alex is not in danger anymore, the boys father did kill him. I'll pass the information to the sheriff."

"That's a relief. well at least that he's not in danger anymore. It's still a shame that he had to die. It seems he acted the way he did because he was abused. " I respond.

"The other is about Marks dad and mom. From what we are able to find it seems she did hire someone to kill him. When you're ready I can pass the info to the sheriff as well. But in the course of our investigation we tapped her phones. She has taken a hit out on someone else."

"Who?" Jess, Phil, and I all say at the same time.

"You, Isaac." She says looking like she is ready to try and kill someone when she says it.

"What!!!!" Jess, Phil, and I say at the same time again. Jess turns to me "How do you want us to take care of this?" My first reaction is to lock down every thing, and have her taken out. Then I remember the boys.

"Increase the guard on all compounds, and all buildings. Put a detail on my whole family. As for Lee's body, notify the Sheriff, and tell Anthony he can stop guarding Alex. Make the security detail covert. I want real time updates on Mrs. Cromwell. Put a security detail on Dr. Cromwell as well. We only have about a month ‘til we put all this behind us. She can't get arrested until the custody issue is resolved. There is too much of a chance we could lose the kids." I stop and think about something else that has been bothering me, Derrek and James. "The parents of Derrek and James have not been arrested yet. I want to know why." After we are done talking, we all head down stairs for lunch.

 

<<<<Alex:>>>>

I see my dad coming out of the elevator with Jess, Phil, and Naudia. I already figured Jess was here since I saw Brent wondering around. Over all I think they're all cool. But my favorites are Brent and Jess. They're younger than the other two, so not as uptight.

"Hey Dad, are they staying for lunch?" I ask him as he walks in the room.

"Yes they are. We are all eating in the mountain atrium." We don't normally eat in that one. It does not have real big mountains in it but it does project the images so it looks like it's set in a mountain meadow, it's cooler in there too since it grows mostly high altitude plants. Everything from the temperature to the air pressure is regulated in that one.

“So, Anything important happen, since all three of you are here?" I try to sound casual, but I hear my voice creek a little when I saw the extra guards coming in and the fact all the windows went solid instead of transparent don't bode well for us.

"Well, good news. We found Lee. Bad news is he's dead." He says. I can tell there is more to it.

"To be-honest I figured he was dead. But, if the threat is gone then why did the compound security triple in the last 10 minutes?"

"We can talk about it latter Alex." He then looks right at Mark. "So Mark, what is your mother doing with her spare time?" He asks as we get up and head to the atrium. I have no idea where the rest of my family is at.

"Umm, she has been spending a lot of time with this group of crazy people that are all about purification of the world. They claim to be doing it for, and through, the "Blood of Christ". Personally, I think they're all nut jobs. Oh yeah, and she hates you. I mean really hates you. She spends like hours complaining about how you are corrupting the good people of the town."

Looking at my dad's face I could see that this did not shock him one bit. It made me think he was hiding something.

"OK Dad, spill it. I know your hiding something and I want to know what. You look pale and frankly, you look worried." Dad looks down and shakes his head. When he looks back up, his eyes have a haunted look in them.

"Mark's mom took a contract out on me." Then he just walks away. Leaves me there to collapse. If it were not for Mark grabbing me along with Jess, I would have hit the floor.

 

<<<<Mark>>>>

 

I'm watching Isaac, and seeing the look he has makes me worried. I can tell Alex is near panicking. Then He says it.

"Mark's mom took a contract out on me." Then he just walks away. Next thing I know Alex is passing out and about to hit the floor. Me and Jess grab him and ease him to the ground. I can't believe my mom wants to kill Isaac. Then I see Alex waking up. His dad is still walking. I look down at Alex. "Dude I am so sorry that my mom is a total bitch."

"Its not you fault your mom's a nut job Mark.'

<<<<Alex>>>>

After my dad dropped the bombshell on me I blacked out. Once I recovered we joined the rest of my family for lunch. The topic of the day was the fact that my dad had a price on his head.

The rest of the week passed fast, but we were all on edge. I knew I had people watching me everywhere I went. Dad never left the compound, and the guards kept coming. I was starting to worry about the local cops thinking we were raising an army. They were everywhere. We stopped having friends over because of all the guards. People were starting to ask why we are being so jumpy and antisocial. What am I supposed to tell them? "Oh you know same old same old. We have a private army camped out in the yard. Mark's mom is trying to have my dad killed." Yeah that would go over real well. At least I could let my guard down now about the company with Derrek. The same with Shawn and Rex. Dad told them all, but he's waiting ‘til James is a little older to tell him. Honestly I'm starting to think my dad should just make it public knowledge. Lee's death did not seem to hit anyone that hard. His father was arrested. And everyone moved on. That must suck to be so alone that no one misses you.

Next thing I know it is Tuesday and Mark's mom is getting her transfer notice.

COPYRIGHT © 2009-2010 BY ThomasNealy. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. DISTRIBUTION FOR OR WITH OUT COMMERCIAL GAIN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, POSTING ON SITES OR NEWSGROUPS, DISTRIBUTION AS PARTS OR IN BOOK FORM (EITHER AS A WHOLE OR PART OF A COMPILATION) WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, OR DISTRIBUTION ON CD, DVD, OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC MEDIA WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S WRITTEN CONSENT. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD ONE (1) COPY OF THIS STORY FOR PERSONAL USE; ANY AND ALL COMMERCIAL USE AND ANY OTHER USE EXCEPTING EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS REQUIRES THE AUTHORS WRITTEN CONSENT. THE AUTHOR MAY BE CONTACTED AT: ThomasNealy@Gmail.com<br /><br />Notice: Posting on any site or newsgroup without the authors express written permission is prohibited. TO REPORT VIOLATIONS OF THESE TERMS CONTACT ThomasNealy@Gmail.com The stories posted herein are works of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. Some of the people named are real persons and celebrities in their own right, but their mention or involvement in the plot is strictly fictional and purely for the purposes of the story and in no way implies any personal or sexual preferences, ideas or beliefs, on the part of the real person of that name. No inferences are implied or intended whatsoever, to the persons mentioned, as a result of this work. The stories herein may contain scenes of a graphical nature which may not be legal in your area. If material of this nature is illegal in your present location, please leave now.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..