Jump to content
    Thomas Nealy
  • Author
  • 2,519 Words
  • 2,368 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lives and Trials of Jupiter - 17. Chapter 17

Lives and Trials of Jupiter Chapter-17

 

 

< < < < Linda>>>>

Great here comes that bastard that is corrupting our good town. That is the first thing I think of when I see Mr. Daniels coming in the room. He has a package of paper with him. He comes right up to me.

“Mrs. Cromwell, just the person I was looking for. It looks like you have been transferred to a high security project.” Why is he telling me this. I got the memo this morning. “Anyway, I wanted to wish you luck on the new project. It's a very important one for the company, one of our new defense contracts. “ Well that explains why it high security. “I also wanted to drop these forms off for you.” he says as he hands me the packet. “They're standardized forms for when people get moved to a high security project that don't already live here. You know enrollment forms for your kids, housing forms, Custody papers, and nondisclosure agreements. The typical paperwork for the paper and pencil pushers in the company. They love to make our lives hard but it seems we do need them after all.”

“What do you mean custodial papers?”

“Oh, I thought they informed you already. Since it's mid term when you will be starting the project. You will need to make arrangements for the kids to be looked after ‘til the end of the term. From what I understand your brother is in town so he should be able to do that for you. The forms are in case they need medical treatment or the school needs something. This way he or whomever you get to take care of them can sign for them."

“Well, I will talk to Liam on my break then. I'm sure he would have no problem with it. He is a God fearing man and good Christian it would do the kids good to be around him more anyway.”

“Well, you have a good day and good luck on the new project. If you need anything just call my secretary.”

Yeah like I'm going to need anything from you. I take out the papers and pull out the housing forms, disclosure agreements, and school forms, and put the other documents back in the folder. I fill out all the forms and drop them in my outbox. Then call Liam.

“Liam, it's Linda. I got a transfer today to a high level project and need you to look after the kids ‘til the term is over. ….. Yes, I agree they do need a good strong man around to make sure they don't turn to the devil. …. Yes, the guardian paper work is in the company packet they gave me. … I should have expected you to think like a doctor. … Thank you … Oh, you want to take me out tonight and we can sign the documents then.... Neptune, That's expensive even on my bloated salary... OH, your practice is going well. Well, in that case yes, I would love to go to dinner tonight.... Yes, thanks again Liam.”

Well, that was easy. Maybe I could get him to keep the brats even longer. It's going to cost me five thousand a year to send the evil spawns to school here at Mt. Olympus. With that thought I decide to take the rest of the day off. And I head home.

<<<<Mark>>>>

When I got home from school mom was already home. “Hello mom, you're home early.”

“Yes, I took the part of the day off. I got a transfer order today. So I have been getting ready to move into Mt. Olympus.”

I try to act surprised. “What? I don't want move again. I mean I'm happy you got a better project, I just don't want move, not mid term.”

“Well, you don't have to worry about that. Your uncle will be caring for you ‘til the end of the term. If I can convince him to take you and your brother after that I will. Maybe he can beat the evil out of you. I am having dinner with him to sign the paperwork so he can look after you. So you are on your own for dinner. You can not use the stove, the microwave, TV, Stereo, Internet or computer while I’m gone. Without me here you might burn the place down while cooking and if I'm not here to watch what you listen to and watch you would go to the devil even more then you are now. Pastor Phelps says that music, T.V. and computers are tools of the devil.”

“Yeah that coming from someone that is classified as a terrorist.” The next thing I know is a feel a sharp pain on face. I realizes she just slapped me.

“You watch your mouth. I will not have an evil spawn like you talking bad about a Holy man like Fred Phelps. He is a prophet of the lord.”

I know better then to argue more. I just walk away. Shawn comes home and comes into my room. We stay there ‘til our mom leaves.

<<<<Liam>>>>

I was on my way to dinner thinking how lucky we were that Linda wanted to sign the papers so soon. We were all thinking it would take a month. As soon as I talked to Linda I called Isaac he said he would have a courier standing in the lobby waiting for the papers to take them to Nancy and the Judge. He even had a special waiter assigned to us. It is one usually used for business meals so that the people have a notary on hand. He said the waiter will watch us sign the papers then sign them himself notarize them and hand them off to the courier.

I walked into the Neptune main building and made my way to the main desk. “There is supposed to be a private courier here waiting for some documents to be signed by me and my dinner guest. Would you be able to tell me if he's here yet?”

“Yes, you must be Dr. Liam Cromwell.”

“Yes I am.”

“The Documents Courier is on his way and will be here shortly. We also have arranged for our business waiter to see to your needs tonight. Per Mr. Daniels request. If you would like to go to the main podium and have the Matradee seat you we will show Mrs. Cromwell to your table when she arrives, and yes, we have been instructed not to inform her of any of the special arrangements we have made.”

“Thank you.” With that I head off to the Matradee stand and give my name. I'm shocked when he takes me to Platinum section and seats me. It seems Isaac has pulled out all the stops for this. I look around and can see some of the guards I recognize from the house. I should be shocked, but I'm not.

I place my drink order just as Linda comes in.

“Well, you must be doing well to get into this section.” She says when she sits down. She places her drink order then gets right down to business.

“Well, here is the paper work, lets get this over with.” she says as she takes all the paper work out of the folder.

“Let's order first then while we wait we can sign them.” She agrees and waives over a waiter.

“We are ready to order.”

“Very good ma'am. I will inform your waiter right way.” A few minutes later a waiter comes over and takes our orders. Linda tells me to order for her. I can't believe my eyes, while I'm ordering for us she is signing all the forms without even reading them. I can see the waiter watching too. I'm almost half way through ordering when she hands me the papers. While I finish ordering I start to sign them, I don't want to make her think she should read them too. And the truth is, I already have.

“On your way to place our order with the kitchen could you drop off these papers for me, I have a Documents Courier waiting for them in the main lobby.”

“That would not be a problem sir.” He takes our menus and the papers and leaves. After he is gone I think to myself 'That was almost ‘too easy'.

<<<<Isaac>>>>

“Isaac the call you have been waiting for is coming through.”

“Thank you CLAIR, I will take it in my office.” I quickly make my way to the elevator and then to my office. Picking up the phone I chose not to identify myself just in case. “Hello.”

“I have the documents and have notarized them for you. The woman in question did not even read the documents. That happens so often, then the party is always shocked when there is something they did not expect. Your friend has also signed the papers. They all match the samples you provided and all pages are signed. I am handing them off to your courier now.” With that the line goes dead. I make my way downstairs.

“CLAIR if any one asks where I am tell them I had to leave for a little while. Do not offer to trace me and activate all privacy features in regards to me.” With that done I make my way to the garage and jump in my car. I hope I make it before the courier does. I decide to call Nancy and Judge Henry to make sure they will wait for me. “Nancy, I'm on my way. Is Judge Henry there already”.... He is good, The courier is on the way. Please wait for me before signing the papers.”... “Yes thank you”

I race the rest of the way to Nancy's office arriving just as the courier pulls up. We walk in together and take the elevator to the 2nd floor office of social services- Child protective services- and arrive in Nancy's office. The courier takes the package to Nancy and asks her to sign for it. When he leaves she looks at me.

“Well, now that we have it lets all sit down. You already know Judge Henry. Let me introduce you to the others. To my left is Jamie, he will be notarizing the forms we sign. Next to Judge Henry is Mike, he is a court reporter.” I say hello to the others shaking everyone's hand then sit down.

“From what my notary at the restaurant told me, he witnessed them sign the documents and all the documents match the original.” With that Nancy takes out the papers and goes over to a copier. She makes 5 Copies and places the originals back in the folder.

“This way they won’t get damaged while we read them.” She hands each of us a copy retaining one for herself. For the next 30 minutes everyone is quiet while they read. I have already read it, so I don't need to read it again. I just sit there and wait for them to finish.

“Well Isaac, you sure know how to make something iron clad that's for sure.” Henry says.

“I'll say, I wish we had your legal department working for us. It would save a lot of time.” Nancy says

“Well, if there are no questions, everyone that needs to sign them please sign the original, I will notarize it, then make copies and certify the copies as well.” Jamie says as he pulls out his stamp, embosser and a fountain pen. Nancy gets the originals back out. We all use the fountain pen and sign the documents. Mike does his thing. Then goes over to the copier. “How many copies do you need.” He asks us. I have to think about that.

“I think 18 should do it. Do you mind using the legal copier. It has India ink and acid free paper in it.”

“May I as why so many?”

“Well, there is a copy for Liam, Linda, myself, Mark, Shawn, CPS, Social Services, Nancy's personal files, my companies files, Mark's school, Shawn's school, the school board, The Court records, Judge Henry's personal records, your records, my notaries records, the local police, and the Sheriff office. If anyone else wants one they can get their own certified copies.

“Well I think you covered every one.” Nancy says. As we watch Jamie walks over to a special copier. Once all the copies are made he sits down and starts certifying ever page of every copy. It takes him a little over an hour and he takes a few breaks while we talk. At the end of it, I pay the court fees, the CPS fees, and the notary fees. I take the original, mine and my companies, Liam's, Mark's, Shawn's, and my notaries with me. Then Jamie takes his. The Judge takes the rest to have them delivered by court officer. On my way out I ask to speak to Henry.

“Tomorrow the sheriff is going to get a lot of info on Linda. I have evidence that she had her husband killed and that she has taken a hit out on me. Could you arrange to deliver Linda's copy when the sheriff arrests her.” He seems to laugh a little.

“That would not be a problem. In fact I may go along as well. Well, good night Isaac.”

With that we all head home. When I get home I tell every one the good news.

<<<<Mark>>>>

“Mark, what is your brother doing home so early and why is that good for nothing fag here with you?” My mom says when she sees me, Shawn, and Alex get out of my uncle's car. She must not have seen the two police cars come in right after.

“They're here to get their things. You have voluntarily terminated parental rights.” the judge says as the court officer hands her the certified copy of my guardian paperwork.

“And I'm here to arrest you. For the murder of one Mark Emerson Cromwell Sr. For contracting to commit murder on the same person. For the attempted murder of one Dr. Isaac Sebastian Daniels, and for the contracting to commit murder of the same person. Also for the defrauding of your sons trust accounts, Falsifying a will, and grand larceny. Also you are under arrest on federal charges for murder as well as breach of a national security act which is treason. Talking about the classified defense projects you were working on was not a good idea. You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you at no cost to yourself. Do you understand these charges and your rights as I have read them?”

COPYRIGHT © 2009-2010 BY ThomasNealy. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. DISTRIBUTION FOR OR WITH OUT COMMERCIAL GAIN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, POSTING ON SITES OR NEWSGROUPS, DISTRIBUTION AS PARTS OR IN BOOK FORM (EITHER AS A WHOLE OR PART OF A COMPILATION) WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, OR DISTRIBUTION ON CD, DVD, OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC MEDIA WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S WRITTEN CONSENT. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD ONE (1) COPY OF THIS STORY FOR PERSONAL USE; ANY AND ALL COMMERCIAL USE AND ANY OTHER USE EXCEPTING EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS REQUIRES THE AUTHORS WRITTEN CONSENT. THE AUTHOR MAY BE CONTACTED AT: ThomasNealy@Gmail.com<br /><br />Notice: Posting on any site or newsgroup without the authors express written permission is prohibited. TO REPORT VIOLATIONS OF THESE TERMS CONTACT ThomasNealy@Gmail.com The stories posted herein are works of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. Some of the people named are real persons and celebrities in their own right, but their mention or involvement in the plot is strictly fictional and purely for the purposes of the story and in no way implies any personal or sexual preferences, ideas or beliefs, on the part of the real person of that name. No inferences are implied or intended whatsoever, to the persons mentioned, as a result of this work. The stories herein may contain scenes of a graphical nature which may not be legal in your area. If material of this nature is illegal in your present location, please leave now.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..