Jump to content
    Thomas Nealy
  • Author
  • 2,287 Words
  • 2,165 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lives and Trials of Jupiter - 23. Chapter 23

Lives and Trials of Jupiter Chapter-23

 

 

<<<<Charles>>>>

 

“Sir, we have a problem. We found Mark, and he is back, but we can't find Alex. We tracked him up the street but all we found was one shoe.” The Captain says while he hands me what certainly looks like Alex's right shoe.

 

"Find him, and find him now!" I could not believe what I was hearing. Alex was kidnapped, it was the only thing that made sense.

 

While the guards start the investigation to find Alex, I go and find his doctor.

 

“Doctor Chien, Doctor Reed. I found something that will interest you both.” I say as I enter Issac's room seeing them both there. They both look over at me then down to the papers I have in my hands.

 

“What did you find? Please tell us it is something to help Issac.” Reed says as he walks over. I notice that they both look nervous.

 

“What happened?” They both look at each other, then Dr. Reed sighs.

 

“Some one tried to poison him. I caught the iv before it could be set up. The drug that they were going to give him would have killed him. We need to get him awake before this goes to far.”

“Well I can help with that. I found a advance directive. Here it is, so you can wake him up now, and get rid of his parents.” I handed Reed the paper work, his eyes lite up, then he hands it over to Chien.

 

I walk back out feeling a little better, now I have to deal with Alex. I go and find Jess and Nathan .

 

“Where are we on locating Alex?” I ask both of them as I walk up.

 

“We have a hit on his cell signal, it seems it is still active and has stopped moving. We also pulled the video from the traffic camera and saw him being forced into a red mini van.” Nathan says. I have to admit I like this guy, if Phil does not get his job back this guy would make a good replacement.

 

“I already have a couple of platoons of S.O.F. heading over there now. They have orders to shoot to kill. We will get him back, and if anything happens to him before we can, the people behind this will wish we killed them.” I have never seen Jess act this way, he fully looks the part of military director. It scares me to be honest, and I think he sees me shiver because he smiles at me slightly.

 

“The Daniels family has been like a family to me, Issac has been nothing but good to me and was there for me when I needed him the most. And I honestly love his kids like they were my brothers and sister. I will get Alex back or burn the world down trying.” With that he turns around and walks off, I see his assistant come up to him and help him into battle gear. It dawns on me that he is going on the mission himself, God help who ever took Alex.

 

<<<<John>>>>

 

When Mark gets back I grab him and pull him off to the side to talk to him. He looks really messed up, when this is all over I think he needs to sit down and talk to some one. “Mark, what is going on with you? Why did you just take off and leave Alex that note?”

 

He looks up at me and I can see he's on the verge of tears again. “I don't know, I just feel like this is all my fault some how.” He slides down the wall 'till he's sitting on the ground with his knees pulled up to his chest. I sit down next to him and put my arms around him and he starts crying.

 

“It's all my fault John; my mom did this 'cause of me. Alex ran off 'cause of me. Me and my brother don't have a home any more 'cause of me. How could you all not hate me?”

 

 

“You really got to get over yourself, Mark. None of this is your fault. So, you have a crazy woman as a mother, join the club. You are not responsible for others choices. Now get up and lets get some food.” I get up and drag him him up as well then we head to the cafeteria. They don't have the best food, but it's in the hospital so we don't have to leave. Some how I don't think Charles would like us leaving right now.

 

“I'm not hungry John.” Mark whines as I drag him to a table.

 

“Well tuf shit Mark, your going to eat any way. Its been almost fifteen hours since we last had food. So suck it up and eat.” He gives in and comes with me to get food. When we have everything we head back to the table. I can see that Mark is starting to look better, not great but better.

 

“Why didn't the rest of your family join us?” Mark asks between bites.

 

“They got something while me and Charles were getting something from the house, and well you were gone so that just leaves us. I'm sure Charles will get something to eat when he can. But he's not my little brother you are. So I have to look out for you.” I can see I may have said something wrong 'cause his face seems to cloud over.

 

“I'm not your brother either.” He does not sound mad but kinda depressed.

 

“That is where you're wrong Mark. Even if you do break up with Alex you will always be family. My dad thinks so too he already thinks of you as a son. In this family blood and law don't mean much. My dad built a family he wanted out of friends. No matter what we will always be your family. So relax and enjoy it, you fit in well here with the rest of us.” He seems to be thinking about it but does not say anything else. When we finish eating we go back up to the waiting room and see Charles talking to someone I don't recognize, but he looks like a lawyer. I walk over to join him.

 

“Hey Charles, any good news.”

 

“Not really. Mark, John this is Mr. Leminen, he's your grandparent's attorney...” Before Charles could finish what he was saying he was cut off.

 


“I'm sorry to interrupt but we do not recognize the family relationship, so if you could refrain from referring to my clients as these children's grandparents, it would be most appreciated.”

 

“Well the law does recognize them as Issac's children, I could care less what thous heartless jackasses want or think. Now as I was saying, he is your grandparent's attorney; he's here to tell us that they are challenging the will, advanced directive, and your status as his children. And I was just about to have him removed from the hospital. Guards! Please make sure Mr. Leminen finds his way out.”

 

I really hate dad parents, I know it's bad to say but I wish they would die. I think we would all be better off without them. I watch as the guards come and escort the attorney out, he has this look like he's been defiled or something. Like “how dare they treat me like this.”

 

“John we will start waking your dad up soon, it will take a few days for the drugs to fully leave his system, so why don't you take your brothers and sister to the hotel across the street and get some rest. I'll send some guards with you, if you have any problems checking in call me. If you want clean cloths I will send someone home to get some stuff for you all.”

 

 

“That sounds good, come on Mark let's get everyone else.”

 

We gather everyone up and head over to the hotel I go up to the check in desk.

“Hello, how can we help you to day?” the guy at the desk asks, I see his eyes dart to the guards behind us, then come back to my face.

 

“I would like three suites with connecting doors if possible? Also there will be a delivery of some clothing soon if you could send it up when it gets here that would be good too.” I take out the black Amex card and set it down on the counter. “Oh and I'll need extras of each key card as well.” The guy seems to be unsure of what to do. I just stand there looking at him.

 

“Umm, sir that would fine, however I need an adult to sign for the room, and we don't allow children in their own room without an adult.”

 

“Well can one of the guards sign for it then, and as you can see we will have plenty of adult supervision.”

 

“I'm afraid I would need a parent's signature, also we can't except your parents credit card without them here either.”

 

“Well our dad is in a coma across the street, and as for the card it's mine and in my name.” I really don't want to bother Charles with this, I hand him my I.D so he can see the name on it and the card match. I know by now Alex would be yelling at him, but I'm not as hot headed as Alex. I sigh and call Charles when the guy still looks like he's going to give us a hard time.

 

“Charles, can you come over here, they wont let us check in.”

 

“Ok, I am coming over now, make sure the manager is there when I get there.”

 

“He said he wants the manager here when he gets here. So If you could call him or her for us...”

 

He picks up his phone and calls his boss, I hear him say something like, “I don't know what they want, it's just a group of kids, and some guys in suits, that they call their guards. The one called someone and then they asked for the manager.”

 

“Ok she is on her way down,” a few moments later a tall women in a women's business suit comes up to the counter.

 

“How can I help you this afternoon?”

 

“Well, we are waiting on the person that wanted to talk to you. He should be here soon, he's over at the hospital with our dad right now.” As I finished talking Charles walked in and headed straight to the counter with us. “That's him now.”

 

“Good afternoon sir, I understand you wished to speak to me about this group of children checking in?”

 

“Yes, My name is Charles Rahal. I am the children's guardian until their father is well again, their father is currently in a coma right now, and we would like to have some rooms to rest in, but I understand that they are not aloud to check in, correct?”

 

“Yes, we do not allow children to rent a room, or be in the room by themselves.”

 

“Well then, can I rent the rooms for them and their guards here will be with them at all times as well, as will my wife who is coming over now.”

 

“I would need a parent or guardian to allow the children to check in. I am sorry but it is policy.”

 

I could tell Charles was starting to get upset.

 

“Well, I am sure an exception can be made this time since there only parent is in the hospital, and as I said I am the temporary guardian. I am able to sign for emergency items but this does not count as an emergency. I would be grateful if you could make this exception for us. It has been hard on them, and they really need to get some good rest.”

 

“I'm sorry we cannot make exceptions.”

 

“Ok, what company owns this hotel?”

 

We are owned by Neptune, but I fail to see what that has to do with it.”

 

“Well Neptune is owned by Issac Daniels; these are his children. And I'm the Chairman and CEO for Neptune and Olympia” I saw a spark flicker in her eyes as she glanced down at my I.D. “So you can either make the exception or I can change the policy, and fire you. The choice is yours.” The whole time he remained calm and held an even voice, but you could tell he was reaching a point when things would get bad.My dad and Alex would not have been so nice about it, Charles was always the calmer one.

 

“We would be glad to make this exception under the circumstances, I mean with their father in the hospital and all.”

 

Yea right, she just did not want to get fired.

 

“Good we will need the three suites and the use of conference room as well.”

 

She entered the information in the system and gave us our cards, the cloths had arrived while we were talking to her, so we just had every taken up to the rooms, and showered and went to bed. It had been a long night and we were all tired.

COPYRIGHT © 2009-2010 BY ThomasNealy. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. DISTRIBUTION FOR OR WITH OUT COMMERCIAL GAIN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, POSTING ON SITES OR NEWSGROUPS, DISTRIBUTION AS PARTS OR IN BOOK FORM (EITHER AS A WHOLE OR PART OF A COMPILATION) WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, OR DISTRIBUTION ON CD, DVD, OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC MEDIA WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S WRITTEN CONSENT. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD ONE (1) COPY OF THIS STORY FOR PERSONAL USE; ANY AND ALL COMMERCIAL USE AND ANY OTHER USE EXCEPTING EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS REQUIRES THE AUTHORS WRITTEN CONSENT. THE AUTHOR MAY BE CONTACTED AT: ThomasNealy@Gmail.com<br /><br />Notice: Posting on any site or newsgroup without the authors express written permission is prohibited. TO REPORT VIOLATIONS OF THESE TERMS CONTACT ThomasNealy@Gmail.com The stories posted herein are works of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. Some of the people named are real persons and celebrities in their own right, but their mention or involvement in the plot is strictly fictional and purely for the purposes of the story and in no way implies any personal or sexual preferences, ideas or beliefs, on the part of the real person of that name. No inferences are implied or intended whatsoever, to the persons mentioned, as a result of this work. The stories herein may contain scenes of a graphical nature which may not be legal in your area. If material of this nature is illegal in your present location, please leave now.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I actually had to check if I had read the name wrong all along, but no, you changed Isaac to Issac in this chapter.

I can understand hotel not wanting children on their own there, but they had adults with them, even if they were guards and not parents. Little compassion would be a good thing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..