Jump to content
    Thomas Nealy
  • Author
  • 3,337 Words
  • 2,674 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lives and Trials of Jupiter - 24. Chapter 24

Lives and Trials of Jupiter Chapter-24

 

 

<<<<Charles>>>>

 

When I woke up in the morning I felt bad for how I had treated the manager here at the hotel. Yes, she had made a policy that was more strict then our standardized policy regarding children. However, I feel that under circumstances she should have made an exception without me forcing her too. We are across from a hospital, so it makes me wonder how many other families have had this problem.

 

Making up my mind I decided to have a talk with her. I got up showered, dressed, and called the hospital for an update on Issac. After checking on the kids I went down to the main desk and asked for the Manager again. It was the same women that came down last time. So I figured she must be the hotel manager and not the shift manager, either that or there extremely short handed.

 

“What can I do for you now sir.” she said to me in a snotty tone, I just ignored it.

 

“Well I wanted to apologies for last night. I have been on edge since Issac was shot. What I wanted to tell you is that while I think you trying to keep the rooms safe is a good thing. You also need to know when to make the exception. When a family comes in and needs a room but the parent or guardian is in the hospital, the one right over there across the street, you should rent them the room. If the room gets damaged that is a small price to pay for easing the family's suffering in the time when they need comfort the most. You policy while it follows the word of our standardized policy it does not follow the spirit of it. What would be a good thing is to only except credit cards if the children are in their own room this way something can be charged.” The woman was glaring at me by this point. “The way I handled it last night was wrong of me, I should have explained it better, but as I said I was all ready on edge.”

 

“Sir, we have the policy for a reason, if you want us to change it then I suggest you have the owner or yourself send out a memo when he is better. I only made the exception last night because you threatened to take my job. Now if you are done bothering me I have work to do.”

 

“Excuse me, I came here offering an apology but now I see I was justified in my attitude now. Once we are through this turbulent time expect a full review, and I would start looking for a new job.” With that I turned and walked way, I could not believe her. People like that have no business working in a family friendly place.

 

----------------------------------------

 

<<<<Alex>>>>

 

I looked at the big dog standing there panting and for the first time I got scared. The big ugly guy came over and tried to take my cloths off, but when he took off one chain I punched him and started to struggle. Ugly must have gotten tired of me hitting him so he hit me instead. That made me stop struggling. He got me down to my boxers when I heard an explosion.

 

I was hoping that it was a rescue but I would settle for it being some idiot that was smoking in the wrong area. The minister man started swearing and left along with duke. Thank god, it was bad enough knowing I was going to get raped it was worse knowing it was going to be by a dog. Ugly looked down at me then after his boss and decided to chain me back up. Great to bad he was not as dumb as a I thought he was. After I was chained back up, he left to follow the minister man.

 

I missed Mark and if I ever got out of there I was thinking that I was going to give Mark a piece of my mind for running off like that. I also missed my family, being here thinking I may never see them again was really depressing. Ok so I was scared too, I will admit it,but if any one ever asks me if I was. I'm so going to lie and tell them no.

 

I started to hear gun shots so my hope of it being a rescue went up, but then it could just be ugly killing the smoking guy. Then the screaming started, yup definitely a rescue. I did the only thing I could I started to scream out for help. I group of solders busted through my door and looked at me one stepped forward and took off his mask and helmet. It was Jess, the last person I expected to see in person was Jess. I mean I knew he liked me and all, unlike Phil, but I never expected him to come himself. That did not change the fact that I was happy to see him. He came over and looked at the locks on my chains, then left and came back a few moments latter with keys. He unlocked me and helped me get redressed.

 

“Alex we need to go now. There won't be much left of this place soon.” I was going to ask what he meant when I saw the fire in the hall. They were burning the place down, well ok it was probably from the explosives they used.

 

“How did you find me so fast?” I asked as we ran from the building.

 

“Your cell was still on.” Well of all the things. I guess the minister and ugly were that dumb after all.

 

Jess led me to a waiting car and when we got in we were whisked away. “Where are we going?” I asked.

 

“To the hotel everyone is staying at. It's across from the hospital.” Jess said. He did not seem like he was in a talkative mood.

 

“Is anything else wrong Jess?”

 

“No I'm just trying to calm down after that operation. We were all worried about you, and then there is still your dad too.”

 

Yea my dad, that reminded me of what the minister said.

 

“Jess, that minister guy said that he had dad shot, well he put Mark's mom up to it. He found out we were investigating her, and he did not want us looking too close at his church.”

 

“I will let Naudia know. Thank you Alex. Did you want to see a doctor at the hospital or to have one come over to the hotel?”

 

“Hotel please, I am so sick of hospitals.” I said back, as he started to chuckle. Every one knew how much I hated hospitals.

 

It took a few hours but we arrived at the hotel across from the hospital. Jess went to the desk and I followed. “Miss, I would like an extra key to one of the rooms that we rented.”

 

“Who are you and what rooms did you rent?” she sounded board and stuck up. I did not like her already.

 

“The Daniels party. This is one of the kids that just joined us after an incident. As for who I am, I am the head of their security.”

 

“That's nice do you have any proof that he is with them?” This lady was getting on my nerves.

 

“Just call any of them and ask them to come down here and verify that I am their brother. And while you're at it tell them to have some clothes delivered for me.” I said.

 

She looked at me like I was some kind of dead mouse that was sitting in front of her.

 

“Umm I know I look bad, but could you do your job and stop staring at me?”

 

“I don't think I should bother them with this, it is clear you are not who you say you are.” Um-mm did I miss something? I don't remember showing her any thing that proved I was lying. Screw this, I picked up my cell and called John.

 

“John it's Alex.”

 

“Alex oh my god are you all right, where are you?”

 

“Easy John, I am fine, well I am now. Jess rescued me. But hey listen I am downstairs in the hotel and they won't give me a key and they won't call you to come down and say it's ok, so can one of you come down here and get me please. And could some one get me some clothes too?”

 

“I'm coming down now Alex. We have been having nothing but problems from them since we checked in. We can't even get room service without a struggle.”

 

Ok now I'm mad, I can't wait to talk to Charles and John and find out what is going on. It did not take long for John to come down. When he did he waved me over and gave me a key, told me what room he was in and on what floor then he went to the desk and asked for a new key. The women glared at him and told him he could not have it since he gave his away to someone else. John just shrugged his shoulders and said that he was just going to add her to the list of people that were going to get fired at the end of the week, then he turned around and rejoined me.

 

“Think Charles plans on just closing this place down and finding all new staff that is more family and children friendly. As it is most of the staff is getting fired any way. This place is so unwelcoming it is surprising that it is still open.” John told me as we road up the elevator. “Have you seen a doctor yet, 'casue you look horrible. Don't take that the wrong way though. It's that it looks like you go hit a few times.”

 

“It's not as bad as what Lee did to me, but it does hurt. I think Jess is having a doctor come over here and look at me. I don't like hospitals as you know.”

 

When we reached the room I headed for the shower, and ignored everyone else there. I was washing my hair when I heard the door open. “John, I don't need your help this time, but thanks any way.”

 

“It's not John, It's me Mark. Can I talk to you while your in there?”

 

“No, you can't talk to me while I'm in here and you're out there.” I said. If he though he was going to get to act all depressing and blame this on himself too he had another thing coming.

 

“Ok, I'll just go then.” he said all depressed like.

 

“No you won't go either. What you will do is get in here with me so we can talk. I don't do the whole talking through walls thing. You should know that, now get in here.”

 

I could hear him getting undressed and then the shower door opened and he got in with me. “I'm sorry Alex.” He said with his head down.

 

“Enough of that shit, Mark. Get over yourself, not every thing is your fault. Now as long as you promise never to leave me like that again, I am willing to forget that note ever got made. Deal”

 

He looked up at me like he was trying to see if I was for real or not. So I added, “But if you ever do that to me again, I will cut your balls off and feed them to you.”

 

“Deal” he finely said after what seemed like forever.

 

“Good now wash my back, I feel gross.” I said as I handed him the lufa and body wash.

 

When we were done showering I felt much better, Mark was still acting all depressed but I figured he would snap out of it soon enough so I left him alone.

 

“Is Charles here? I want to know how dad is doing.”

 

“You just got back from being kidnapped, shouldn't you be like shaken up or some thing.” Derrek asked.

 

“I can have a break down and cry later. Right now I am worried about our dad.” I said. He just nodded but kept an eye on me. It looked like I had another big brother that was going to be way over protective of me, but that might be a good thing.

 

“Charles should be down in the conference room right now. I think he's in some kinda meeting.” My wonderful sister Ang said.

 

“Well then, I'm going down there.” There were a few chuckles at that, I realized I was still in a towel. “well after my boyfriend gets me some of his clothes.” I gave him a pointed look , he got the message and went and got me some thing to wear. It is a good thing me and Mark are close to the same size, that way we can share clothes. After getting dressed I made my way to the conference room making a point to glare at the women at the desk, behind me was a trail of guards, all fully armed. I had the satisfaction of seeing her look go from smug to pale as she saw what was behind me.

 

I knocked on the door, and realized I really should have asked for some pain medicine, but it was to late now. I waited a few moments then opened the door, every one looked up at me questioningly.

 

“What? Anything you say in here in same way effects me and has to do with me, so why do you all look like I just walked in where I don't belong. Now Charles what is going on with dad?”

 

It took a few seconds for everyone to get over the fact that I was not going to leave. I think it hit them when I took the seat right next to Charles and made my self at home next to him at the head of the table. I took a sip from the glass that someone put in front of me and winced as the cold water hit my split lip.

 

“The doctors are starting to ween him off the drugs now. Your grandparents are challenging, well they are challenging everything. I do mean everything, from your adoption to the will to the advanced directive. There also seems to have been an attempt on his life while he was here, we think it was the same people.”

 

“No it must have been some one else. The people that tried to kill dad kidnapped me. They were expecting him to be awake by now to negotiate for me. By the way, the minister was behind it. He helped and planned it all, he used Mark's mom and was planning on using her as a scapegoat too. She is still guilty of killing his dad, but she was not the one behind the attempt on my dad.” I saw every jaw drop. I took the chance to look around. I saw a few faces I knew, some were from the legal team, others worked for Naudia, Jess, and Nathan who took the place of Phil. Thinking of Phil made me wonder if I should give the jerk a second chance, but then figured I would just let dad handle it.

 

“Are you sure of that?” Someone I did not know asked.

 

“No I just said it 'cause it sounded nice coming out of my mouth. Now I was beat, almost raped by a big dog, and chained to bed. I am not in the mood for 'lets second guess the 14 year old,' bull shit that I usually have to deal with. Now lets get one thing straight right off the bat. You all work for me until my father wakes up. I know most of you do not know me, that is fine I don't know you either. But learn fast I don't say things I don't mean or am not sure of. I may have no filter at all, but I always make sure I know what I'm talking about before I say it. Now if that is clear, I want to know what else you have all found on who some how managed to try and kill my dad again with in 48 hours.”

 

“Welcome back Alex.” I hear Charles say in a whisper, as he gives me a slight smile. He passes me a note that says “you need a doctor, your in pain I can tell.” I node to him and see him wave someone over, the attendant goes out side and in a few minutes comes back with a pill bottle. I look at it and see it is a prescription for Hydrostal IR for me. The bottle said to take half a pill, so opened it and broke one in half and took it. I figured I had twenty minutes before all I wanted to do was sleep so I quickly asked some more questions then talked to Charles.

 

“Alex you look high, I think it is time to head back up and let the doctor see you, you know the one that was nice enough to get that for you without seeing you. He is waiting in your room.” Charles said to me after I started to just stair off in to space for like the sixth time.

 

“Yea I think your right, but my face don't hurt no more. How did you get the medicine any way?”

 

“We had a doctor on stand by when we heard that Jess got you. You just went up to your room too fast. I had the guy over there go and ask him for the pills, he must have went and got it filled.”

 

“Well thanks, I'm going to go lay down for a bit.” with that I got up and left, went back to my room. I let the doctor look at me then I went to sleep.

 

 

When I woke up a few hours latter I saw Mark sitting in the chair next to me. “Is there a reason you are not in here with me?”

 

“I was afraid to hurt you.” He said. He still looked majorly depressed. I sighed.

 

“Mark, please join me in the bed. You have no idea how much I missed you while I was chained up in that place. All I wanted to do was to hold you. And when they told me that I was going to get raped by a dog. All I could think about was how I wanted you to be my first, and that I would never get to give you that part of me. The I was rescued, I really just want to pretend none of this happened and go back to how we were. Please, I really need you right now. I keep acting strong so that people don't think I am weak and try to pull something over on me. But it is hard so hard please Mark just hold me.” I finished by almost begging him. I saw him waver for a second before his resolve broke and he was in the bed with me hold me, telling me how sorry he was. Then we were quite, it was not long before I fell asleep again.

COPYRIGHT © 2009-2010 BY ThomasNealy. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED. DISTRIBUTION FOR OR WITH OUT COMMERCIAL GAIN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, POSTING ON SITES OR NEWSGROUPS, DISTRIBUTION AS PARTS OR IN BOOK FORM (EITHER AS A WHOLE OR PART OF A COMPILATION) WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, OR DISTRIBUTION ON CD, DVD, OR ANY OTHER ELECTRONIC MEDIA WITH OR WITHOUT A FEE, IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S WRITTEN CONSENT. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD ONE (1) COPY OF THIS STORY FOR PERSONAL USE; ANY AND ALL COMMERCIAL USE AND ANY OTHER USE EXCEPTING EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS REQUIRES THE AUTHORS WRITTEN CONSENT. THE AUTHOR MAY BE CONTACTED AT: ThomasNealy@Gmail.com<br /><br />Notice: Posting on any site or newsgroup without the authors express written permission is prohibited. TO REPORT VIOLATIONS OF THESE TERMS CONTACT ThomasNealy@Gmail.com The stories posted herein are works of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. Some of the people named are real persons and celebrities in their own right, but their mention or involvement in the plot is strictly fictional and purely for the purposes of the story and in no way implies any personal or sexual preferences, ideas or beliefs, on the part of the real person of that name. No inferences are implied or intended whatsoever, to the persons mentioned, as a result of this work. The stories herein may contain scenes of a graphical nature which may not be legal in your area. If material of this nature is illegal in your present location, please leave now.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..