Jump to content
    Tiff
  • Author
  • 5,025 Words
  • 2,222 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No Fairytale World - 7. Chapter 7

Chapter 7

---------------------------------------------


 

“God, I love this,” Pete sighed.

“What? Pizza?” Andy asked in amusement helping himself to another slice. He glanced over at Jordan who was sitting on a bean bag chair, stabbing his cut up pizza with a fork. Andy laughed before turning his attention back to Pete whose cheeks were stuffed. “It’s New York; you can have pizza anytime you want.”

Pete said with his mouth full, “But I love this, ordering two huge pies, watching movies, and stuffing our faces until we have to unbutton our pants or change into sweats.”

Andy grinned. “I always loved pizza myself. My mom made dinners almost every night, but on the rare occasion that she was with her church friends or running an important errand, my dad would watch me and we’d order a pie and either watch a game or a movie. I miss those days. My dad had two heart attacks in the past, so he must really watch what he eats. I don’t think they eat out anymore. I always wish I had a brother so I could continue the ritual.”

“But you have Jordan,” Pete pointed out. Jordan looked up at the mention of his name, his eyes darting between the two of them before returning to his food.

“Yeah,” Andy said fondly.

Pete became quiet. “I can’t remember the last time I just sat around in the living room eating and watching TV. It’s so carefree. I don’t think I’ve felt that way since my dad died.”

Andy didn’t know what to say. He took a big bite of pizza and chewed. Luckily Pete wasn’t expecting any comment, and he too shoved more pizza into his mouth.

Finally, a decent reply came to Andy. “Maybe you and I can have more of these takeout dinners. Together. With Jordan of course.”

Jordan once again looked up, a piece of cheese hanging off his cheek. Pete laughed while Andy wiped Jordan’s mouth with a napkin.

“It can be a guy’s bonding night or something,” Andy went on, looking at Pete. Andy shrugged self-consciously. “I mean, if you want to. I’m not the best cook in the world. I can fend for myself, but I’m not so sure Jordan…”

Pete smiled. “I’d like that. Thanks, Andy.”

For some reason, Andy blushed. He shrugged again. “I enjoy it too. After a rough week of work, there’s nothing better than stuffing my face and watching mindless TV. Maybe next time we could go for some beers.”

Pete laughed. “Sure, it’s not like either one of us has to drive.”

Andy pointed at him. “Excellent point, my friend.”

Pete smiled again and looked down, fiddling with the pizza crust. “Andy, thanks.”

“For what?”

“For being my friend. I haven’t felt like I’ve had a family in years. And I haven’t had a friend in just as long,” Pete said quietly. “There was never a way to make friends when I felt so crappy about myself. Then once I got to New York, I kept to myself because I didn’t want anyone to find out about me.”

“Well, maybe you can let more people in,” Andy said. “You told me and I’m still here aren’t I? I’m still your friend.”

“I don’t know,” Pete said hesitantly. “You were a fluke. And you were in my face all the time.”

“Thanks a lot,” Andy snorted.

“Well, you were,” Pete protested in a slightly whiny voice. “I tried to be as obnoxious as possible and you were still so damned nice.”

“You’re not as obnoxious as you try to be, you know,” Andy said. “When I was in a funk, you cared enough to drag me out of the house.”

“Only because you were stinking up the place,” Pete grumbled.

Andy laughed. “Whatever. You’re just pissed you’re not as brooding as you’d like to be.”

“I am brooding. I’ll ignore that,” Pete said reaching for another slice.

There was silence as they chewed and looked at the TV screen. Then Pete spoke. “Andy, do you trust me?”

“Yeah,” Andy said automatically.

Pete paused and looked at Andy seriously. “Does that mean you’re ready to tell me about yourself? About your wife and everything else?”

Andy froze and his eyes widened.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” Pete said quickly. “I was just wondering.” He averted his eyes.

“No!”

Pete looked up again.

“I do trust you,” Andy said his chest heaving with nerves. “Just don’t laugh, alright?”

“Why would I laugh?” Pete asked with genuine confusion.

“Because compared to your life, my story doesn’t seem so bad. And I’m wallowing like a baby every other day,” Andy said bitterly. “I should be ashamed of myself.”

“Andy, it doesn’t really work that way. It’s not like you got dumped or something, otherwise yeah, I’d be a little pissed at you for whining like a baby. But this involves your wife, and your son, and you’re obviously hurting. I won’t put you down or trivialize your pain.”

“Once Jordan goes to bed, I’ll make some coffee. It’s going to be a long night,” Andy predicted.

“Good. I can’t sleep these days anyway,” Pete said.


 

******


 

“Get the fuck out of here!” Pete exclaimed with a smile and a look of disbelief. “You said his name while having sexing with your wife? You’re fucking shitting me!”

“I’m not lying. I said his name when I came.” Andy shook his head and took a sip of his room temperature coffee. “I wish I was kidding,” he said ruefully. “But I speak the truth.”

Pete whistled. “Wow, I can’t believe that.”

“Neither could I. Hell,” Andy snorted. “Neither could my wife. Now you see why she hates me?”

“I don’t know if hate is the right word, Andy.”

“I think it’s the perfect word.”

“Shocked is more like it. Blown away,” Pete said. “You didn’t do anything bad to her. It’s not like you cheated on her with another woman, because then she might hate you. With a dude, it’s your sexuality preference and she can’t compete with that. No, she’s more shocked and sad than anything. It just comes out as hate because it’s the easiest way to react.”

“Are you a psych major like Mark?” Andy demanded jokingly.

“No, but maybe I’ll be one. Maybe I can learn to fix this,” Pete said pointing to his head. “Anyway, with your wife, she’ll come around. Stages of grief or something. I learned that in high school,” he smiled.

“You’re right. She kind of told me the same thing, but in more complicated terms,” Andy said. “So now you know. I’m that guy that tries so hard to be perfect and please everyone, but it backfired. I got married young, knocked her up, and had an affair with a guy.”

“Do you talk to him anymore?”

“No,” Andy answered. “It wasn’t serious. It wasn’t like I had a huge emotional connection with him. It was sex and release more than anything. He’s not really my type. We didn’t really get along. It was stupid actually, risking my entire life for just sex. But what can I say? I’ve been suppressing it for so long, my horniness was in overdrive.”

Pete laughed behind his hand.

“Plus, seeing him would only remind me of what happened; I can’t do that right now. He tried seeing me one time, even came by the apartment. He didn’t even care that I was feeling like shit. So I got rid of him.”

“Good,” Pete said burping. “Excuse me.”

“I guess I’ve always been on one, specific track. Now that I’m completely off it, I don’t know how to adjust. Everyone sees me differently. Well, mostly my parents. It sucks that they need to adjust. I wish I didn’t have to be this way,” Andy groaned. “I really wanted that life, you know: the whole wife, white picket fence, 2.5 kids, and the dog thing? I wanted it because it seemed so perfect and it would be so natural for me to go in that direction.”

“But it didn’t feel natural; otherwise you wouldn’t have acted out,” Pete reminded.

“Yeah, I hate that though. I hate that it didn’t feel right, it didn’t feel natural,” Andy said in annoyance. “Everyone expected me to be that way, and shit, I just let them all down, didn’t I? Now things are a bigger mess and I can’t help feeling guilty. What if I had come out sooner? Then I wouldn’t have hurt Susan. My mom and dad would not feel so shocked. Would it have been better? Would I have been happier?”

“That’s a dangerous road you’re going down,” Pete said quietly.

“What?”

“The ‘What ifs’ road. It’s dangerous. Reverse and get out of there fast.”

Andy smiled. “But it’s so tempting.”

“It won’t get you anywhere though. I’ve been there many times and I come up blank or going in circles. The fact is you can’t change anything. Neither can I. I hate what’s been done to me; I hate what I’ve done to myself; but pretending and dreaming of a different life or outcome is silly. We’re here now. We can only shape the future.” Pete shrugged. “I give you this advice, although there are some days when I can’t even follow it myself.”

Andy sighed. “We’re a messed up pair, aren’t we?”

“Oh, without a doubt,” Pete said firmly. Andy snorted at Pete’s quick agreement.

Andy didn’t know why, but he felt compelled to say it. “I’m sorry about your Dad dying, and everything that happened with your Mom, and your brother.” Maybe he said it out of guilt or shame, because, in comparison, his problems seemed so much more insignificant.

Pete looked at him and nodded. “I’m sorry about your wife and dealing with your parents.” His eyes were full of sincerity. There was no hint of mocking.

They finished their coffee in silence. There was nothing left to say, at least for the rest of the evening.

There was always tomorrow.


 

******


 

Working in a restaurant could be so infuriating. Whereas serving coffee was quick and painless, being a waiter took work. When it came to food, people were surprisingly nasty and impatient.

The worse part was that Pete was missing out on spending time with Andy and Jordan. He had to admit, those two had grown on him a lot, to the point where he wanted to be with them on the weekends, making dinner and playing silly board games. Pete wanted to be with people that he connected with, rather than hungry strangers who made him run around like an idiot.

“Are you okay?” Katie asked tightening her ponytail. “You’re spacing out.”

Pete smiled ruefully. “When am I not spacing out?” He never really talked too much with the other waiters and waitresses. Since everyone rotated shifts so often, he didn’t always work with the same people. However, he liked Katie, at least enough to make small talk.

She laughed. “Good point. But you seem worse than usual. Even when you’re spacing out, you’re still focused. Right now, you’re fidgeting and it seems like you don’t want to be here.”

He glanced at her. “I guess I don’t.”

Katie stood beside him, leaning against the wall. “Once we hit the dinner rush and it starts getting busy, the time will fly by, and before you know it, you can go home,” she stated reassuringly.

“I know.”

“Hey, did you hear?” Katie nudged him. “We’re getting a new manager today.”

He frowned. “Huh? I didn’t know that.”

She rolled her eyes. “We’ve been talking about it. But I bet you were spacing out that day,” she teased. “Anyway, today will be his first day. He’s not replacing Barbara, Susan, or Lee. He’s just another manager, probably trying to learn the ropes. I heard he’s young. I wonder if he’s cute.”

Pete chuckled. “We’ll find out.”

A half hour later, they did. Pete knew the guy’s name before they were even introduced. Dean Rice. Pete’s chest tightened and his heart raced. Katie was talking to him, but he wasn’t listening.

Pete recognized the same confident swagger, the cocky air of authority that Dean had exuded a year ago. As Dean drew closer, Pete’s feet twitched, as if he wanted to run. Out of all the restaurants in Manhattan, Dean had to work at this one.

Their eyes met. Pete held his breath. Dean’s brow furrowed slightly, his expression thoughtful. Pete waited.

Dean came up to Pete and Katie, holding out his hand. The three of them went through the formalities of introductions.

Dean’s gaze lingered on Pete. “Pete,” he stated. “Right?”

Pete nodded nervously.

Dean shrugged. “Nice meeting the both of you. I’ll see you guys later.” He turned to walk away, but looked over his shoulder at Pete, with a distracted expression.

Needless to say, Pete was a clumsy rest for the rest of the evening. Dean wasn’t around much, but just the knowledge of his presence freaked Pete out.

Pete waited at the bar as Mike, the bartender, fixed some drinks for Pete’s table. He rubbed his hands together nervously, his eyes darting left and right.

“Man, you okay?” Mike asked frowning.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Pete answered quickly. Mike shot him an odd look, handing over the drinks. Pete took them without a word.

Later in the evening, while Pete was waiting for more drinks, Dean walked up to him. “Hey, Pete.”

Pete jumped. “Oh, umm, hey.”

“Pete, I’ve seen you before,” Dean said, moving closer. “Before today, I mean.” He laughed. “Do you remember me?” Their eyes met. Dean searched Pete’s eyes. “You do remember me.” There was a hint of triumph in his voice. “I haven’t seen you in a long time. Where did you run off to? One day I came home, and you were gone.” Dean cocked his head and grinned.

Pete’s brow began to sweat. He felt dizzy.

“Pete?” Mike’s voice was full of concern. “You look pale.”

Pete swayed. “Umm, I need to go to the bathroom. Be right back.” He left without another word. He felt Dean’s eyes on him and resisted the urge to run.

The bathroom was near the front door. In order to go to the bathroom, Pete had to turn left into the side room, which was reserved for people waiting for a table. As he got closer, Pete hesitated briefly. He could still feel Dean’s gaze on him although he was out of sight by now. But the mere thought of seeing Dean again, talking to him, and working with him, made his stomach turn. He made his decision.

Pete walked right through the front door, never looking back.


 

******


 

“I buy house!” Jordan exclaimed, pointing emphatically at the Monopoly board. “This one!” He counted the paper money enthusiastically, frowning, muttering numbers out loud. Jordan even counted on his fingers.

Pete laughed, but his laughter faded quickly. He was suddenly reminded of his brother. Although Jacob was on his way to eighteen and legal adulthood, Pete still remembered the kid brother who followed him everywhere. Jordan and Jacob didn’t look alike-- Jacob had the same dark hair and eyes as Pete did--but the mannerisms were the same.

Pete hadn’t seen or spoken to Jacob for over four years. When Pete had left, Jacob was a teenager, but had long lost that youthful energy. Life without their father was rough. Life with their mother was deadly. It had effectively destroyed Pete’s spirits and Pete worried about Jacob. Was his spirit broken as well? Did Jacob feel abandoned? He really had abandoned Jacob; that was another burden of guilt that plagued Pete during his days and nights.

Pete was gay and had done terrible things; would his brother be disgusted with him? For being gay or for having sex with men for money? Or both? If they met and spoke again one day, could Jacob forgive Pete’s past as well as forgive Pete for leaving? For leaving him in their mother’s clutches? What if she had made Jacob do the same things as Pete? The thought made Pete ill. Like all the other times when he felt that flash of fear, he pushed it aside. He’d get his life together and then worry about Jacob’s forgiveness. He’d send for Jacob soon. Then things would be alright. They had to be.

Right now, he had to focus. Focus on school and work. Focus on sending money back to Jacob. One thing Pete had learned over the years was the art of compartmentalizing. It was an amazing skill to have and he had mastered it, for the most part. Some days were harder than others. Some days, he broke down in pity and sorrow. Other days, he was like steel. Emotions couldn’t be controlled completely, although Pete wished they could.

“What’s with you two and board games? Every time I leave the room, out come the board games.”

Pete looked up to find Andy staring at them with a smile on his face. “I always loved board games when I was younger. I used to beg my Dad to play them all the time,” Pete said softly.

Andy walked closer and took a seat beside Pete. Pete subconsciously inhaled deeper as Andy sat down. He smelled of soap, having just taken a shower. Peeking out of the corner of his eye, Pete couldn’t help admiring Andy’s wet messy hair, looking more brown than its normal blond shade. It made Andy look younger, more relaxed, which he probably was. Showers had that effect.

“Your turn!” Jordan interrupted shrilly. “Play!” he ordered.

Andy nudged him and Pete blushed slightly, feeling as if he had just gotten caught doing something bad. Clearing his throat, he rolled the dice and began moving the little metal horse across the board.

“Daddy? Play?” Jordan asked hopefully, his bottom lip sticking out.

“Who can say no to a face like that?” Andy laughed. Jordan smiled, clearly pleased with himself. “Too bad my son wasn’t born ugly, right?” Andy whispered jokingly to Pete. Pete bit back a snort. “Ok, banker, give me some money,” Andy said expectantly, looking at Pete.

“Now I see where Jordan gets his bossiness,” Pete mumbled. Andy’s hearty laughter filled his ears and it made him feel all warm inside.

Ever since they had both confessed their secrets, they had gotten along really well, and their friendship continued to grow. Andy had kept a close eye on Pete, just to see if Pete would keep his promise. It was hard to tell since Pete did work and go to school fulltime and he was never around by the time Andy got home from work. But Pete didn’t bring any strange guys home, so that was a good sign.

Although life was still rocky for Andy, and the memories never stopped haunting Pete, it seems that when they were together, they both felt safe and comfortable. Mark’s home had become their home and a safe haven.

“I’m getting hungry. How about you, Jordan? Pete? Want to make something for dinner?” Andy said as he shook the dice in his fist.

“Yes. Food,” Jordan said firmly.

Pete smiled. “A man of few words.”

Jordan smiled proudly.

“What do you feel like eating?” Andy asked.

“Food,” Pete and Jordan said at the same time.

“You’re just as bad as him,” Andy accused Pete jokingly. “How about spaghetti?” he suggested.

“Sure, it’s easy enough,” Pete shrugged. “And something you can’t mess up.”

“I’m not that bad of a cook,” Andy protested. “It’s not like you’re any better.”

“Yeah, but you’re just plain clumsy. Who leaves a bunch of paper towels near the stove…when it’s turned on?” Pete asked incredulously.

Andy looked sheepish. “I spilled oil and I got flustered trying to do too many things at once.”

“Better let me do the cooking, at least when I’m home,” Pete rolled his eyes.

“I’ll pick up some skills. Eventually,” Andy said ducking his head.

“Yeah, right,” Pete scoffed.

Andy lifted Jordan into his arms and followed Pete into the kitchen. “We’ll continue playing when we’re done eating. You want to eat, don’t you?” Andy asked Jordan who was still pouting at his unfinished game. He kissed Jordan’s forehead.

Pete stared at Andy and for the billionth time, couldn’t figure out his feelings for Andy. He contemplated them as he watched Andy tickle Jordan, as their happy laughter rang in his ears. Was it a friendship? Was it a weird father figure?

Or was it admiration? Admiration that Andy was such a good parent? Pete didn’t even want to let himself think of the last option. There was no room in Pete’s life for romance. He was too busy with school and work, and life in general. Plus he was too messed up. Who would want him? Andy was not without his own problems, but even Andy wouldn’t want damaged goods.

“Pete? You okay?” Andy asked bouncing Jordan in his arms.

Pete shook his head and cleared the thoughts. He smiled. “Yeah, it’s nothing.”

Andy cocked his head. “You sure?”

Pete smiled at Andy’s concern. It was genuine. Just like Andy. “I’m fine. Just spacing out. It happens every now and then.”

Andy nodded thoughtfully. “Okay.”

Together they set the table and started eating, the light conversation and banter continuing. Jordan ate sloppily, occasionally needing his face wiped by Andy.

It was odd, but to Pete, it felt like he had a family again.


 

******


 

“We didn’t get to finish what we started. And you know that I always like to finish what I start…”

Pete stared into the cold eyes of Charles Thieberger, and shivered. “I’m not into that anymore. Excuse me.”

“Pete, Pete,” Charles said in a charming tone. “Listen to me. We had a good thing going on.”

“Like I said, I’m not into that anymore. Now I have to go to work. Excuse me,” Pete said, turning to leave. He didn’t want to be left alone with Charles any longer than necessary. Charles was so powerful, persuasive, confident, and manipulative; Pete couldn’t help feeling inferior and weak. He felt like a little kid all over again, unable to resist orders. Pete knew that he had to get away, and fast. But luck was not on his side.

Charles swiftly maneuvered around Pete, blocking his exit. “Some part of you liked it, Pete,” he stated firmly. “I know you did. You’re just naturally weak, born to serve others. You know it. I know it. You want it. Come on…” Charles breathed, reeling Pete in with his menacing gaze.

Pete’s shoulders sagged as the words infiltrated his defenses. He couldn’t help it: he thought of his mother and the men he had pleased as a child. He thought of his failed attempts to make things better even if good people like Mark, Michelle, and Andy were trying to help him, Pete would always be just that: a failure. Why should now be any different?

Charles stepped closer, sensing Pete’s strength fading away. He decided on another angle. “Come on, Pete. You help me. I’ll help you. We need each other.”

Pete looked at him, gnawing on his bottom lip. Charles bit back a smile, loving the vulnerability of the boy. “Tuition is expensive,” he finished. “You wouldn’t want to give up that fancy education, now would you? Such a good school, it would be a damn shame to give that up.”

“I don’t, I don’t need the m…money,” Pete stammered, desperately trying to hold on. “I have a loan. My friend helped…”

“Yes, but what if you can’t pay off the loan? You don’t want to burden your friends, do you?” Charles pressed.

“No,” Pete whispered. “I don’t.”

“Then be smart,” Charles advised. He took something out of his wallet and handed it to Pete. “We’ll arrange something.” He waited for Pete to take the card. Then he smiled. “I look forward to hearing from you.” Then he was gone, his expensive cologne lingering.

Pete stared dumbly at the card in his hand. It was a hotel card, with Charles’s number handwritten underneath the logo. He stared at it, until his vision started to blur, and he could no longer make out the numbers.

“Pete?” Angela’s voice broke into his trance. “Pete, why are you standing out here?” she asked.

He shook his head quickly and forced a smile. “Just…”

Angela finished his sentence. “Spacing out?” She laughed. “You’re so weird sometimes. Let’s go clock in.”

He smiled weakly and followed her, discreetly slipping the hotel card into his back pocket.


 

******


 

“Celebrate with me.”

“Huh?” Andy asked, muting the TV.

“I completed my first semester at Columbia with only a few minor mishaps,” Pete said clearing his throat and averting his eyes briefly. Andy knew what those ‘few mishaps’ had been. “This is the first time I made it an entire semester at one school,” Pete went on, smiling proudly, his dark eyes shining. “I want to celebrate, but I don’t want to go alone. It’s more fun with company.”

“And you want to go with me?” Andy asked with surprise.

“Yeah, why not?” Pete asked.

“I’m old,” Andy grinned. “Any people your own age?”

Pete looked down and shrugged. “Not really. I didn’t really make friends hopping from one school to the next. And most times I kept to myself.”

“I can believe that,” Andy snorted. He elaborated when Pete raised his brows. “It took me about a month to get a friendly sentence out of you.”

Pete chuckled. “So wanna come out with me?”

“Where?”

“Nothing crazy. Food and some beers,” Pete said.

“Sounds great.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I’m thirty, not eighty-six. No reason to stay inside the house all the time,” Andy said. “Let’s go.”


 

******


 

“You said food and beers. Not shit faced drunk,” Andy grunted as he half carried, half dragged Pete through the front door.

Pete laughed loudly. “I’m fine, Andy. Just dandy, Andy.” He giggled

“Yeah, yeah. You may be fine, but you sure can’t handle your alcohol,” Andy grunted.

Pete laughed some more, rubbing his face into Andy’s neck. Andy smiled, Pete’s nose tickling him. “Let’s get you to bed, frisky,” Andy teased feeling a weird tingling in his stomach.

Pete laughed into his neck, his breath hot, making Andy feel more flushed. “Bedtime? I’m sleepy.”

“Bedtime for you,” Andy grunted as he lay Pete on his bed. “Good thing you’re done with school. You can sleep this off.”

“No,” Pete sang out. “I have work tomorrow.” He hiccupped.

“You do?” Andy asked incredulously. “You didn’t tell me that!”

“You didn’t ask!” Pete belted out. Andy flinched, unable to cover his ears in time.

“Maybe you should skip work tomorrow,” Andy advised, pulling off Pete’s shoes.

“No, I have nothing else to do over winter break,” Pete said burping, suddenly going quiet, his face taking on a pained expression. “No family that I can return home to. No friends to celebrate the holidays with. I’m alone. Just me. And my work. And my money. The good way, which takes longer to earn. Uncle Sam and those taxes. Fucking United States,” Pete rambled.

Andy didn’t know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the kid.

“Okay, then. But one day off from work won’t kill you,” Andy sighed, automatically reaching for Pete’s pants, but then stopped midway, wondering if he was going too far.

Pete lay there, blinking on the bed. “Help me,” Pete said softly. Andy swallowed and nodded and unbuttoned Pete’s jeans. It took a few tries. Andy’s fingers suddenly felt fatter and clumsier.

“Sorry,” Andy muttered, his face flaming when Pete giggled. He finally got the button undone and started tugging, but the jeans didn’t make it very far past Pete’s hips.

“Zipper,” Pete mumbled, his eyes glazed over.

“Oh, right,” Andy breathed, sweat forming on his forehead. He pulled the zipper and started tugging again. This time, they slid down Pete’s long legs, with Pete lifting himself up awkwardly. Andy stared at Pete’s legs. They were so pale and smooth. “Um,” he cleared his throat. “Are you good in your shirt?”

Pete yawned. “Yeah, I’m good. If I sit up, I might…” he made a vomiting gesture.

“Fair enough,” Andy smiled feeling relieved. “Try to get some sleep.”

“Thanks Andy. For everything.”

Andy smiled and started to get up. He yelped in surprise when he was yanked back down. His mouth crashed on top of Pete’s, a bit off target, but Andy could still feel the soft pressure and warmth. Andy’s heart began racing. He froze.

Slowly, Pete’s mouth moved, applying more pressure and opening slightly. Andy’s mouth took on a life of its own and started moving as well, copying Pete’s motions. Soon they were full blown kissing, their tongues dancing together gently and hesitantly, neither of them in a frenzy, neither of them in a rush.

Andy pulled back. Pete’s face was flushed. Andy couldn’t tell if it was from the alcohol, the kiss, or both. Pete was also breathing hard and his full pink lips looked swollen.

“Know what that was?” Pete murmured breathlessly.

“What?” Andy whispered, taken with Pete’s innocent tone.

Pete, in his own way, was just so innocent. None of Pete’s past really mattered to Andy. Pete was just an innocent kid, forced to grow up too fast.

“That was a healing kiss.”

“What?” Andy asked again, frowning with a confused smile.

“It made me feel better,” Pete said in small voice, snuggling into the pillow. “A healing kiss.” He smiled and Andy couldn’t help smiling in return.

Pete reached up and gently ran his fingers through Andy’s short hair, grasping it, and slowly pulled his face down.

Their lips met again. Their mouths opened without hesitation. They kissed gently, losing all sense of time, as their pain faded away.

Their pain would come back, but for right now, it ceased to exist.


 


Thanks Frances for editing! And a special thanks to my beta-readers.


 

Copyright © 2011 Tiff; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..