Jump to content
    Tiff
  • Author
  • 5,136 Words
  • 2,802 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No Fairytale World - 15. Chapter 15

Chapter 15

---------------------------------------------


 

Pete’s hands shook as his fingers held onto Rob’s elastic band.

His heart pounded. He licked the sweat off his upper lip. His mother’s voice made his head ache. Her voice was so shrill.

Then he heard it. The lively ring tone echoed against the tiles. It rose above the sound of his beating heart. It was the special ring tone that Andy had programmed specifically for whenever he called.

Andy. Andy and his reassuring smile. Jordan and his innocent kisses and laughter. That was Pete’s life now. Those were the people that mattered to him. Not his mother. She was gone, rotting away like she should be.

“Hurry the fuck up,” Rob ordered sounding impatient.

Pete looked up blankly, seeing his petite mother. He would have been scared, but her frail figure just looked pathetic. “You’re dead. You’re already dead. You can’t do this to me anymore.”

“What?” Rob snapped. “What the fuck are you mumbling about?” he demanded. He smacked Pete’s head, yanking on his ears. “Just open up!”

“No, you’re already dead!” Pete shouted. Pete drew his arm back and plowed his fist into Rob’s crotch. He threw his entire shoulder into it, angling his body, tensing his stomach, getting in as much force as possible. The force was so powerful, Rob’s body slammed against the wall.

Rob let out an astonished cry of pain, before his voice caught in his throat. He collapsed onto the floor, clutching himself, screaming, “You fucker!!!” over and over again. “I’m going to kill you! Everyone is going to find out about you, you little whore!”

Pete stood up slowly, surveying what he had done. His eyes cleared and he blinked, as if seeing Rob for the first time. “I feel sorry for you,” he whispered, wiping the tears from his eyes. “But I won’t do this anymore. You don’t have that control or power over me anymore. I won’t let you. It stops here.” His shoulders crumpled, and more tears sprang to his eyes.

Rob’s face was red and contorted in pain. “You bitch! You fucking piece of shit! I’m going to kill you.”

There was banging on the bathroom door.

“What’s going on? Hey!” It was Cameron’s voice shouting.

“You loved it all along, you fucking tease!” Rob attempted to stand up, using his hands for leverage. “You got off on sucking…” he never finished his statement.

Rage ignited within Pete, an uncontrollably surge of anger. “No more, no more, no more!” he shrieked. “I’m not like that anymore. I hated myself then. And I hate you! It stops here!”

He wanted to get back at everyone, at everyone who caused him pain all these years. He kicked Rob’s stomach. Rob cried out.

Pete loved the sound of Rob’s cries.

Pete kicked again. And again. And again. Sweat formed on Pete’s forehead. His body ached from exertion, but still he continued kicking. Rob curled into a ball and tried to block the blows. Clenching his fists, Pete kicked even harder, wanting to purge himself of his past, wanting to kill any lasting reminders of his past.

“Hey! Hey! Open the door!” Cameron shouted, pounding on the door. “What’s happening? Open the door!”

Pete knelt down and grabbed Rob’s shirt collar, bringing Rob’s face up close to his. He drew his arm back again, his fingers tingling as he curled it into a tight fist. “I hate you! I hate you! You can’t make me do anything! You can’t scare me!” Pete was hysterical.

Rob’s eyes were wide with fear and pain. He clumsily grabbed at Pete’s hand in desperation, trying to dislodge himself from Pete’s tight grip. “You’re fucking crazy!”

“I hate you!” Pete screamed, more tears falling from his eyes. “I hate you for ruining my life! Do you hear me? I hate you. You hurt me and now I’m going to hurt you. I’m going to kill you! It ends now. That’s not my life anymore. And I’ll show you that it’s not!”

“Please! Stop!” Rob shouted in panic, staring into Pete’s wild eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry! You’re fucking crazy!”

“It’s too late for sorry! You’re already dead!” Pete yelled, seeing his mother’s red rimmed eyes, her wild hair, smelling her drunken breath. Pulling his arm back, he struck Rob’s face, feeling the bones in Rob’s face bruising his knuckles.

He climbed on top of Rob and was about to throw another punch when something tight wrapped around his wrist. Then he was pulled backwards, lifted off the ground. Pete kicked and struggled.

“Calm down! Calm down, it’s me!” Cameron shouted in his ear, tightening his grip on Pete.

“He’s crazy, he’s crazy!” Rob screamed, pointing at Pete, blood covering his nose and chin.

“What’s wrong with you?” Cameron demanded, pinning Pete to the sink, shaking his shoulders forcefully.

Sweat dripped into Pete’s eyes. He looked around the room. Everyone’s eyes were on him. Rob was still cowering in pain. Cameron and his two friends were staring at Pete with a mixture of horror and curiosity.

Pete pointed at Rob, his hand shaking. “He, he followed me into the bathroom. He tried to get me to suck him.” His voice was low and he had trouble breathing.

Cameron’s eyes widened. “He what?” Everyone turned to look at Rob.

“He likes it!” Rob spat. “He’s a whore. A hustler. He sucked my friend off for money.” Blood gushed out of his mouth as he spoke.

Everyone’s eyes whirled back on Pete.

“It was a long time ago,” Pete whispered, shame washing over him once again. The fight left him, he had no energy to lie or make up a story. He was so tired, tired of running, tired of lying. There were only two choices; he chose to tell the truth, no matter the cost.

He couldn’t take Cameron’s searching look. Cameron slowly let go of Pete’s shoulders and stepped away.

“I’m sorry,” Pete said, still not raising his eyes. “I’m so sorry.” Then he quickly walked out the broken bathroom door.

The silence that followed him was deafening.



 

******



 

Andy called Pete’s cell phone numerous times. Each time it went to voicemail. He paced the kitchen, growing increasingly worried. It was nearly nine in the evening and Pete should have been home hours ago.

Jordan ate his sandwich slowly as he watched Andy pace. “Daddy?”

“Just eat your dinner, Jordan,” Andy replied distractedly as he called Pete once again. “What’s the point of having a cell phone if you don’t answer it, Pete?” he murmured to himself in frustration. “Where are you?” He couldn’t help wondering if something had happened. What if Pete freaked out just like last time?

Andy never knew what would set Pete off or whether or not Pete would pull a disappearing act.

“I should have never let him go out today,” Andy muttered running his fingers through his hair. He walked over to the kitchen window and pushed aside the blinds. It was dark. Andy kept staring at the sidewalk as if trying to conjure up Pete.

“Just come home.”



 

******



 

Andy woke up with a crick in his back. He shifted and groaned, keeping his eyes closed as he sighed. He massaged the knot of tension in his neck and tried to get into a more comfortable position.

Opening his eyes, he was disoriented and blinked around the room in confusion, trying to place his setting. It was then he realized he was in the living room and that it was really late.

No light was coming into the room. He wasn’t in the mood to stumble around, tripping, and stubbing his toes. The couch would have to suffice for the night. He sank back down onto the cushions, disappointed that Pete hadn’t come home. His mind was still filled with worry, but he couldn’t stop himself from drifting, his eyelids heavy with exhaustion.

Suddenly the hairs on his arm and neck stood up. Andy felt he was being watched. Then he felt a brush of air near his face. He sat up, tense and alert, his eyes wide open. “Pete?” he called out quietly, searching the darkness, willing his eyes to adjust faster.

Andy felt a hand touch his cheek. He immediately reached up and held it in place. “Pete,” he whispered, relief washing over him. The hand slid further up, to the back of his neck, pulling Andy forward. He couldn’t see, but somehow he knew exactly where Pete was. He wrapped his arms around Pete’s waist and pulled the smaller man on top of him.

Their lips met and they kissed slowly at first, but then it grew urgent. Pete’s tongue pushed deeper and deeper into Andy’s mouth, causing Andy to pull back in surprise before, he too, surged ahead, his tongue freely roaming Pete’s mouth, along his teeth, his gums.

Breaking apart, they rested their foreheads together. Andy felt Pete’s hot breath on his face. “Pete,” he murmured.

“I’m sorry,” Pete choked. “I’m so sorry. I got your calls, but I needed to be alone. I didn’t mean to make you worry. I’m so sorry.”

Andy shushed him gently, like he would a child. He gripped Pete’s face harder. He rubbed their noses together. “You’re here, Pete. You’re here. That’s all that matters.” He hugged Pete tightly against his chest.

Pete’s fingers dug into Andy’s lower back, and soon Pete was shaking in Andy’s arms. Then Andy heard the sobs and felt the tears on his shirt.

Andy tightened his arms around Pete, wanting to be as close as possible. He kissed Pete’s neck gently, softly, soothingly. “What happened, Pete? Tell me.”

Pete didn’t speak; he continued shaking, continued with his muffled noises. Then Andy heard the snort and the glee. Pete was not crying; he was laughing!

“Pete?” Andy asked with confusion. “What’s going on?”

“I did it, Andy,” Pete said into his chest. “I didn’t let it happen. I stopped him. It’s over. It’s finally over.”

That left Andy even more confused.

“I’m all grown up. I’m a man now and he couldn’t make me do it.” He giggled. “He got mad, Andy. He got really mad, but I didn’t care. I’m not weak anymore. See, Andy? See?”

Andy tensed in apprehension. Who was Pete talking about? He had an idea who ‘she’ was, but who was the ‘he’?”

“He won’t hurt me anymore. She won’t hurt me anymore. No one will hurt me anymore. But they all think I’m crazy now,” Pete giggled again, sounding delirious. Andy worriedly pulled Pete even closer as if that would make Pete sane again.

“They were scared of me. Of me! Can you believe that? I’m always so scared and today I scared them!” Pete’s voice was full of awe. “They can’t hurt me because I won’t let them.” His voice lowered.

“I did it, Andy. It’s over now. It’s finally over,” Pete murmured, sounding tired, his body going limp in Andy’s arms. “Because of you, Andy. It was because of you. The cell phone.” Pete’s voice was fading, as he fell asleep.

Andy still didn’t know what had happened. He still had unanswered questions. But for the moment he didn’t care. Pete was back. Pete was home. Pete was safe in his arms.

That’s all that mattered. The rest would follow.



 

******



 

Pete’s knuckles were still bruised, a bit red, and ached slightly.

He admired his knuckles, a sense of pride and power washing over him. It was a constant reminder of what he had done: he had stood up for himself for the first time in his life. He would never allow himself to be weak again.

Pete walked around campus with his shoulders squared, his head held high rather than staring at the ground.

Pete had an hour break before his next class. He bought a bag of chips and a Coke from the vending machine and made his way to the library.

He hadn’t been sitting for more than a few seconds when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Craning his neck he met Cameron’s eyes. Pete didn’t know what to say, so he just stared.

Cameron’s eyes weren’t full of hate or disgust. Not even anger or contempt. What Pete saw surprised him. He saw concern.

“Hey,” Cameron said softly, his expression pleasant as usual, but held a hint of compassion.

“Hi,” Pete said cautiously.

“Can I sit?”

Pete nodded. Cameron took a seat across from him. Neither spoke a word.

“So.” Cameron finally broke the silence.

“So.” Pete stated.

“What happened the other day?” Cameron asked.

“You don’t know?” Pete asked carefully, studying Cameron.

Cameron had a great poker face. His face was perpetually pleasant. Maybe it wasn’t Cameron’s expression so much as his facial structure and physical features. The big eyes, the small upturned nose, the laugh lines around his mouth, the messy boyish hair; everything about Cameron was laidback, carefree, and relaxed.

“I know what Rob said. Now I want to hear your side,” Cameron replied honestly.

“What did Rob say?” Pete asked in a clear voice.

Cameron cocked his head and eyed Pete. Then he let out a breath. “He said some things that I couldn’t believe. I’ve known Rob for years, although I don’t really consider him my friend. He’s just a guy that won’t let go of a dead friendship, you know? I’ve known you for under two months, but I know what kind of person you are. Or at least I think I do. And I think you’re a good person. So I need to hear you say it.”

They stared hard at one another, Cameron challenging Pete to tell him the truth, and Pete debating whether or not he could tell Cameron.

Then Pete finally understood that he couldn’t change his past. He could never pretend it didn’t exist, because it always would. It would always be there, that black spot in his mind, among his memories. It was what made him who he was, for better or for worse. Anyone he met in the future would just have to deal with it. It wasn’t all lost for Pete though; Andy cared for him. Andy saw through all Pete’s bullshit. Pete had Andy and that was enough for him.

“That’s a long story, Cameron, and I have class in an hour.”

Cameron smiled, leaning forward earnestly. “Then I suggest you talk fast.” His eyes sparkled with warmth.

“Alright, here goes. Ready?” Pete raised his eyebrow, his fingers gripping the table.

“Hit me,” Cameron grinned.

Pete’s remaining tension melted away. He took a deep breath. “It all started when my dad died…”



 

****** EPILOGUE ******



 

Pete gasped as he held on tight to Andy’s shoulders, his fingers digging into the muscle. He moved up and down on Andy’s lap, his chest pressed against Andy’s chest, their naked bodies creating heat. His entire body was hot and tingling, and while he wanted release, he never wanted this to end.

It was new to him; feeling so good, so whole, so complete with another man. He had never given himself to another man before. He had had sex before, but it was not his choice and definitely not for love. Now he was giving himself to Andy and it was the most amazing and freeing feeling in the world.

“Andy,” he moaned, his head lolling around as his hips churned faster and faster, complemented by Andy’s relentless pumping and thrusting.

Andy hummed and kissed behind Pete’s ear, his strong hands clutching Pete’s hips, holding him in place, and directing his movements at the same time.

“Oh Andy,” Pete murmured, his breath hitching with urgency. His arms wrapped around Andy’s neck as he started riding Andy harder, with more force. Andy groaned loudly and bit Pete’s shoulder gently.

Pete ran his hands up and down Andy’s sweaty back. He sighed, feeling the long lines of muscle along Andy’s taut back. Andy was his. All these years he had wondered what love felt like, if he would ever find it, or if anyone could love him.

Yet somehow Andy had fallen into his lap. It was a weird sequence of events. He probably wouldn’t have met Andy if his life hadn’t worked out the way it had. It was that reminder that made it hard for Pete to regret anything about his past.

Andy craned his neck, capturing Pete’s lips in a tender kiss. “Baby, I don’t think I can hold out any longer. I don’t want this to end,” he groaned. “But I’m so close and you just feel so good,” Andy breathed against his lips, his hands grasping Pete’s ass, pulling Pete forward. Andy let out a choked cry of passion. “Pete, fuck!”

Pete’s hardness rubbed against the ridges of Andy’s abdomen. The rhythmic and steady dual stimulation was pushing him to the edge. Pete, as much as he wanted their lovemaking to go on forever, he wanted to fall off that edge.

“Me neither, Andy. I can’t hold back,” Pete bit his lip. “You drive me crazy.” He rested his forehead against Andy’s. He felt it coming. His hips pumped up and down rapidly, his muscles tightened and caressed his lover’s cock.

Andy opened his eyes and Pete saw the beautiful smile in them, the glint of love in them. “You don’t think you’ve driven me crazy?” Andy gasped. “All this time?”

Pete smiled, before his mouth fell open, letting out a moan, his eyes rolling back into his head. “Two…crazy…people…deserve each…other.” He whimpered as he felt the tension in his groin, the anticipation, the tightening of his muscles in preparation of his impending release.

“Andy. Andy, I’m cumming. I can’t hold…”

Pete let out a strangled cry as Andy’s hand wrapped around his aching length and stroked gently. Powerful waves of pleasure washed over him, ripples of ecstasy coursed across his body. His hips continued to move, as if to get as much of Andy as he possibly could.

In the background, he heard Andy’s own cries of release and he felt the fulfilling explosion of warmth inside him. He held onto Andy, slowly coming down from his high and waiting for Andy to do the same. He didn’t want to let go. Ever.

He tangled his fingers in Andy’s sweaty hair, kissing Andy’s temple. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”



 

******



 

“It’s about time you picked up your damn phone!” Angela screeched when Pete answered.

Andy snorted into his hand, knowing that Angela would be loud and demanding throughout the entire conversation. Pete flipped him off.

“Hey Angie. What’s up?”

“I’ve been calling you for ages! What’s wrong with you? You don’t answer your damn phone anymore? You’re too good for that shit?”

Pete laughed, reclining on the couch. “Sorry, I really didn’t hear your call.”

Angela snorted. “What, you’re too busy having sex or something?”

Pete blushed and didn’t answer.

Angela let out a shriek of laughter. “Seriously?” she asked.

“Angela, is there a reason why you called?” Pete demanded in exasperation.

“My, my, why such a grump?” Angela teased. “Shouldn’t you be disgustingly cheerful considering you’re getting some?”

“Angela!”

“Come on, take a joke. Anyway, Jacob is arriving in a few days. I was wondering if you wanted to go on a little road trip for the summer? I mean, once Jacob gets settled in his new apartment and everything. It would be a lot of fun. You, me, Jacob, Cameron, maybe Andy if he can get the time off?”

Pete grinned. “You know, Angela, you must be one charming woman to get my brother to move to New York. He didn’t like how fast paced it was when he visited; but four months of talking to you, and he’s coming here!”

“I know I’m awesome, so no need to tell me,” Angela boasted. “But I really like your brother. He’s a good guy. Not like the other little shits running around. He actually has manners. Anyway, I’m not the only reason he’s decided to move. You’re a huge part of it. Plus, the schools are good. If he works awhile to save up some money, and lives here long enough to become a resident, a lot of the CUNY and SUNY schools are pretty affordable.”

It was obvious that Angela and Jacob had really been talking and discussing Jacob’s future. Pete was pleased that Jacob was slowly getting integrated into Pete’s life.

“Yeah, I’m glad he’s going to be closer,” Pete admitted. “I really want us to be closer, rather than just emailing and calling.”

“That’s what he said, too. I don’t know everything about your background, but I do know there was a period when you didn’t see him for a long time. So I guess he wants to make up for that. It’s understandable,” Angela went on. “With your mom and dad gone, you only have each other. I have a billion siblings, so I have plenty to choose from. In fact, I could do without a few of them…”

Pete laughed. “Not so sure it works that way, Angie.”

“Perhaps,” Angela went on nonchalantly. “So here’s what I was thinking for the road trip. I’d borrow my brother’s jeep and we’d go around…”

Thirty-five minutes later Angela finally allowed him to hang up. They had gone over the details of Jacob’s arrival and their summer road trip.

Pete had opted not to take any summer courses. He wanted to enjoy his summer, free of schoolwork. So instead he got a full time office job as an administrative assistant. The perk of office work was that it had a set schedule; it happened to coordinate with Andy’s own work schedule. He hadn’t decided if he would keep the job when school started up again. He wanted some free time to spend with his new friends.

He did keep Starbucks, at least twenty hours a week, for insurance purposes. Not to mention the free coffee, stale pastries at closing, and Angela’s company. He kept that up during the weekend morning shifts so he’d have the rest of the day to spend with Andy and Jordan.

Pete stared hard as Andy walked back into the kitchen, wearing just his sweats, showing off his muscular, tan torso. “Andy, how the hell do you manage to stay so buff?” Pete asked. “I never see you work out.”

Andy walked over with a smile and kissed the top of Pete’s head, ruffling Pete’s short dark hair affectionately. “I really don’t like the gym and I don’t have much time to go anyway. I’d much rather spend time with you and Jordan than sweating in agony. But sometimes when you have a night class or are working, I go for a run if the weather permits and do some pushups and crunches in front of the TV.”

“Mark goes to the gym and sometimes he invites me along for racquetball, tennis, or swimming. He gets those guest passes,” Andy added.

Pete’s eyes roamed Andy’s body appreciatively. He hummed. “It shows.” His eyes lingered. “How do you manage an all year tan?”

Andy shrugged. “I played so many sports in high school and college that this is my natural color now. When I was younger I used to be as pale as Jordan. Although, you know some of my body parts aren’t tan at all,” he winked at Pete.

“Shit, does that mean I should work out, too? And get a tan?” Pete asked standing and looking himself over. “I’m really pale.”

Andy tugged on Pete’s wrist and wrapped Pete in his arms. “No, you’re perfect just the way you are.”

“You’re just saying that. I’m too skinny,” Pete murmured. “You can feel my ribs if I sit a certain way.”

“You’re on the thin side, but you do have some natural muscle tone,” Andy pointed out. “If you want to work out for yourself, not for me, then you should. It’d be easy for you to put on muscle.” He patted Pete’s flat stomach. “You really have no layer of fat covering anything.”

Pete didn’t answer; he was too busy examining himself.

“Pete,” Andy said seriously, taking a hold of Pete’s chin, forcing their eyes to meet. “I love everything about you. You’re beautiful. I’ve always thought so, but what you have in here,” he pointed to Pete’s heart. “That’s what attracted me. That’s what I fell for. Your good looks are just a bonus, really.” Andy smiled charmingly.

Pete grinned widely. “God, Andy, you’re such a sweet-talker!”

“I’m speaking the truth!” Andy protested.

“I know you are,” Pete said smiling, gazing into Andy’s eyes. “I fell for your heart, too. Your pretty blue eyes and hot body are just bonuses.”

Andy chuckled, pulling Pete closer, until they were hugging. Andy’s hands wandered underneath Pete’s shirt, feeling the smooth skin. Pete sighed and arched into Andy’s touch. “Did you think about what we talked about?” Andy murmured, his hands stroking Pete’s back, up and down, gently.

Pete’s eyes were closed and he couldn’t think. He felt himself hardening from the heat and rhythmic caresses of Andy’s fingers. Feeling Andy’s own growing arousal didn’t help. “Huh? What thing?” Pete managed to get out.

“Jordan’s birthday party this weekend. You’ll come with me, right?” Andy murmured in Pete’s ear, his hot breath causing shivers to rake along Pete’s body.

Pete’s eyes flew open at the question. He pulled back, but Andy tightened his grip. “What? I can’t! That’d be so awkward. It’s a family birthday party, right? With all your relatives and Susan and your parents and her parents and…”

Andy kissed Pete. “And I want you to be there with me. Jordan, too, of course. You know that Jordan loves you, right?” He placed soft pecks on Pete’s lips.

Pete smiled thinking of the energetic blond boy, but his smile quickly faded as he continued his argument. “Yeah, but you haven’t told anyone about me, have you? I mean, we just started getting really serious a few months ago. Up until then we were just seeing each other, like at home and stuff. What’s going to happen to you when…”

“Why don’t you let me worry about that?” Andy interjected, running the back of his hand along Pete’s cheek.

“You said Susan was still having issues with you dating. That when she asked if you and I were dating, she got mad?” Pete asked, remembering how upset Andy had been after that incident.

“I’ve come to realize that Susan will always have a problem accepting me. On the surface she’s okay with it, but the pain of losing her fairy-tale life and having to start over will never go away. It gets to her every now and then. I think she will need a little more time,” Andy explained. “But she’s a good woman.”

Andy stared hard into Pete’s eyes. “I know I still get upset whenever I have an emotionally draining fight with Susan. I know you worry about me every time that happens, but I refuse to let Susan or anyone else dictate my life. I’m going to live my life. I wasted too many years caring about what others’ think. No more.”

“So bringing me to Jordan’s birthday party is like shouting a big ‘Fuck you, I’m gay, take that!’ to all your relatives and friends?”

Andy pretended to think about it then hummed. “Yeah, pretty much.” He shot Pete a big smile. “Not everyone is going to stare at us. My parents know. They figured it out ages ago when I started bringing you over to their house for dinner every week. My Mom really likes you, Pete.”

That caused Pete to smile, but he still wasn’t convinced. “Andy, I still don’t think I should go,” Pete hedged. “I love you and Jordan, but I don’t know if I can take the looks and comments.”

“How about me?” Andy laughed. “Once everyone gets over the fact that I brought my boyfriend to my son’s birthday party, they’re going to wonder if I’m some old pervert going after college kids!”

“You’re not that much older than me! And you don’t even look thirty-one.”

“True, but you look younger than you really are, and keep in mind that all my friends and family know my actual age,” Andy pointed out. “If I’m willing to deal with the whispers and stares and gossip,” Andy whispered in a low tone, raising his brows comically, “Why can’t you?”

Pete opened his mouth, but the words got caught in his throat. “Because,” Pete finally came up with, licking his lips. “Because…”

Andy pressed his face closer to Pete’s, rubbing their noses together. Andy laughed. “Because…you’re scared?” he teased.

Pete snapped his head back. “No!” he exclaimed. “I’m not scared of anything!”

“That’s what I thought,” Andy said smugly. “If you’re not scared of anything, then what’s so scary about a birthday party for a little five year old boy who loves you?”

Pete sighed, knowing Andy had him in a corner and was laying it on thick. “Andy…”

Andy started making chicken noises, taunting him, as he kissed Pete’s face and lips.

“Andy!” Pete tried to wiggle out of Andy’s grip.

Andy hugged Pete tighter, continuing with the chicken noises, smiling the entire time. Andy rested his forehead against Pete’s, his blue eyes drilling into Pete’s. “Please,” Andy whispered. “Please, I want you there with me. I need you there with me.”

That’s what did Pete in. And those beautiful eyes.

“Alright, I’ll go!” Pete cried in defeat. “But if it goes badly, don’t come whining to me at night. You’ll only get the cold shoulder and an ‘I told you so’.”

“I promise.” Andy kissed him, smiling triumphantly.

The following Saturday Pete and Andy walked into Susan’s house, hand in hand, each carrying a large present for Jordan. A number of things happened on that sunny June afternoon:

Jordan squealed with excitement at his presents. Pete and Andy showered the little bouncing boy with hugs and kisses.

Susan looked tense and uncomfortable, but her smile was genuine. She welcomed both Andy and Pete into her home.

Family and friends did stare. They did whisper. They did cluster in groups, their hushed words only dying down whenever Andy and Pete approached or came within earshot.

But most importantly, Andy and Pete realized that they didn’t care; they had each other and that was enough. They held hands most of the day, and kept close to one another, enjoying the day with Jordan, and Andy’s parents.

The truth had set them free from their demons and nothing would stand in the way of their happiness anymore, not even those stares or whispers.



 

THE END




 



 

Thanks to Frances for editing! And a special thanks to Pete for beta-reading! To the readers who commented in my forum or messaged me, I really appreciated the feedback. Thanks so much.

Copyright © 2011 Tiff; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great story loved it from beginning to end, and the inclusion of Jordan made

this story not only a pleasure to read but a delight, :)

A real tear jerker, :)

I think a lot of gay people could relate to this story for making the "wrong choices in a fated relationship" and living to regret some decisions more than others,

loved the concept well written Thank You...

Link to comment

This was a beautiful, full of emotions, train ride, but I absolutely loved it. I laughed, cried, and cheered for the two guys who took their broken worlds, and put them one big one together. Thank you for such a great story.

Link to comment

I apologise. I should have left reviews at every chapter, but I couldn't stop. I had to keep reading.

To say I loved this story doesn't do any form of justice to the emotions that raged through me with every chapter. I loved the ups and down, never knowing how it was going to end, the changes, the things that stayed the same.

As a family solicitor I know that the children are always the ones who get hurt in family breakdowns and it was heartening to see how Andy and Susan handled the situation with Jordan even when they weren't handling the situation wiht themselves very well.

You did a great job, a really great job

Link to comment

I was enraptured by your story and couldn't stop each chapter to review. This story was beautiful and so very meaningful to me to as so much of it spoke into my own life and struggles, having myself married and had children, and only recently determined like Andy that I am finished with living the lie that has consumed most of my life. I really hope my story has as happy an ending as yours. I yearn for that, but am somewhat doubtful that I will find it at this late stage in my life (I am over 60 already and it's kind of late to start again!) But thank you for writing such a wonderfully positive, mature, sensible story.

Link to comment

I loved this story! The characters and the emotions and the undertone of sadness got squished by happiness and love. It wasn't a tear jerker or anything (on my part), but I honestly couldn't stop reading it! Now I am off to read your other stories, since I loved this one so much! Bravo!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..