Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 6,360 Words
  • 4,142 Views
  • 30 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Clueless Camping - 14. Brothers-in-arms

Time for Chris and Evan to steal the spotlight.

I was dragged out of my dreams by my need to visit the bathroom. When I returned to bed, I tried to go back to sleep. It was only 5:30, and Jacob was snoring happily next to me. I snuggled up to him and even deeply asleep, he responded by turning towards me and putting his arm around me. I lay in his embrace, feeling loved and secure, but sleep eluded me. I began thinking about last night.

We’d had a nice family meal together, with lots of talking and laughing, so different from back home. Nobody mentioned Father or the fact Mom had as-good-as left him. Except, I asked her how long she was staying in Denmark, and she said she didn’t know yet. Benedicte simply reached out and patted her hand, saying: “You are more than welcome to stay here for as long as you like, Isa. We have so much to catch up on.”

The plans for the next few days were gone over once more. Chris and Evan would pick me up this morning to look at engagement rings. Kristin, Benedicte and Mom would join us for lunch, and rather than Ida Davidsen, Jens convinced us to try another ‘tourist trap’: the oldest restaurant in Copenhagen, Det lille Apotek, from 1720. He wasn’t sure whether they’d been serving food since that year or had been a pharmacy at first, like the name implied. Apparently Hans Christian Andersen used to eat there, probably around 1850. More importantly, it was cozy and also served traditional smørrebrød.

After dinner, Chris got out his laptop and booked a table for 2 pm. We all agreed we would sleep in, and Benedicte said she planned to cook a ‘hearty’ breakfast. This made Jens say he might go in to work a bit later so as not to miss out on scrambled eggs and bacon, and we all laughed.

Evan checked his email at the same time, and there was a reply from Oliver, sent to me but with Evan CC. Oliver suggested we meet Tuesday morning at ten, and Evan had a whispered conversation with Chris about it. As a result Chris said he and Evan would come over to the apartment Tuesday morning to keep me company while Jacob took his exam. We would meet my fiancé on Campus when he was done at noon and go sightseeing after lunch. The ‘girls’ – meaning Kristin and the Moms – made plans of their own, but would meet us in town around six. Jacob said he would text Christian to meet us at the same time, and we could then discuss where to have dinner.

“Or, he might want us to get some Indian take-away and go to his place. He lives just on the border between Vesterbro and Frederiksberg, and there is this really good, but tiny Indian restaurant on Gammel Kongevej.” None of us had a clue what part of Copenhagen Jacob was talking about, and Kristin didn’t look too pleased about this plan. However, I liked the idea of relaxing in Christian’s apartment after a long day walking around. When I said so, my sister immediately relented.

“That’s a good point, Russ. I guess I’d forgotten it’s not a big deal to visit people’s homes in Denmark, too.”

Her comment sparked a discussion about different traditions in Europe. In the northern parts, inviting friends home for a meal was the norm, whereas eating out together seemed to be more usual in Southern Europe. Kristin had experienced this during a two-month-long visit to Aunt Rikka last summer, where she got the chance to brush up on her French language skills.

Jens pointed out one reason might be the cost, as going to a restaurant was relatively expensive in Scandinavia.

But my mom said it was also a matter of how your home was viewed. “Danes, and I suppose other Scandinavians, are focused on having comfortable homes. After all, with the long winters and unstable summer weather you have to be inside quite a lot.” This got a laugh from everyone. “But in addition, inviting people home is a sign of trust and closeness. If Danes don’t know you or like you, then they don’t let you in. On the other hand, once you’re accepted as a friend, it would be rather insulting not to be invited for a home meal.”

Benedicte nodded. “Yes, and Danes who never invite their family and friends home are seen as stand-offish, or snobs, or even rude. Unfortunately, we tend to judge people from other countries the same. One of my friends from work is married to a Swiss woman, and she had a hard time adapting. She kept suggesting to her husband that they should go out for a drink with his colleagues and friends. He wanted to invite them home, which to her was an intrusion on their privacy.”

Mom smiled, but then she looked sad. “I wanted to have a beautiful but comfortable home and invite friends and family for home-cooked meals. I’ve always enjoyed planning menus, setting a pretty table with flowers and candles, entertaining guests, being the perfect hostess.”

None of us liked to mention how this would probably change now, so the topic quickly went back to plans for the week, or rather for Saturday, since there were no more fixed arrangements for the other days. Well, apart from Jacob and I having to pick up our rings on Thursday.

Shortly after dinner, Jacob suggested we go home, since he wanted to study some more. Evan was leaning against Chris, half-asleep, and Kristin and Mom were still jet-lagged, so everyone decided to call it a night. Like the other night, Benedicte drove us home, but this time she dropped off Chris and Evan first. I hugged my twin fiercely before he left the car, and told him I loved him. His answer was a sleepy, but happy “Love you too, Russ. Always and forever. Twin bond oath.” We’d rarely expressed our mutual brotherly love with words – more with looks or hugs – and Evan had always said ‘Love you’ first. But I think I need to take the initiative and show Evan more explicitly how much I care about him.

At the apartment, I got ready for bed, while Jacob settled down to read. I even spent some time in the bathroom experimenting with the practical part of Evan’s gift, hoping Jacob might play around back there when he came to bed. I meant to stay awake and wait for him, but somehow I fell asleep shortly after my head hit the pillow. Probably that was why I couldn’t fall asleep again now that I’d woken up.

Thinking about what I’d missed out on last night made me horny, and the hot, hard morning wood against my ass certainly contributed. But I didn’t want to wake Jacob, since he probably needed his sleep. I tried distracting myself by thinking of tomorrow. I hadn’t told Jacob about visiting the dance studio, and Evan had made Chris promise to keep it secret. I hoped to learn some hot moves and surprise Jacob next time we went dancing. Evan had drawn a lot of attention when he danced with Oliver’s boyfriend, Mikkel, and while I didn’t want to have random guys ogling me, I would enjoy having Jacob’s face sporting the same kind of admiration and lust.

I suddenly remembered my twin telling me how adoringly Jacob stared at me. I would have to pay attention from now on; maybe I had missed plenty of hot looks from my man. Ooops, that reminded me of how Jacob had looked at me, when I sat on top of him after we came home from nightclubbing. It made my hard-on throb and before I could stop myself, I pushed my ass backwards to rub against the steely rod lodged along my butt crack.

“If you keep doing that, Russ, you’ll get fucked before you’re ready.” Jacob’s arm tightened around me, and he thrust his groin against my ass a few times, making us both moan excitedly.

“Who says I’m not ready? Or, at least I was last night.”

Jacob’s gyrations stilled, and then he moved, pushing me to lie on my back with him on top of me. He grabbed my arms and forced them above my head as his mouth descended on mine to claim a kiss. His cock aligned with mine and he began a slow grind, which had me groaning and writhing below him within seconds.

“You got ready last night? And then you went to bed without telling me?” His voice was dangerously quiet and intense.

“I meant to wait for you, but I fell asleep.” I suddenly realized Jacob was naked, and I cursed myself for wearing boxers to bed last night, and for putting them back on after going to the bathroom this morning. If I hadn’t, I might have been getting fucked right now, judging by the way my man moved against me and stared at me.

The whole situation was too much: having my hands restrained, Jacob’s strong body pinning me and thrusting against me, the thought of his long thick cock entering me… I arched my back and let out a long cry as I came in my underwear, grinding frantically against Jacob. To my surprise, he moaned just as loud as me, and moments later I felt him spurt all over my stomach.

He collapsed on top of me, releasing my hands, and kissing me deeply. I wrapped my arms around his neck and returned his kiss with fervor. Wow, what a way to wake up! We lay there, totally zonked out, for a few moments before Jacob pushed up on one arm and gave me a partially embarrassed smirk. I smiled back at him and simply had to share my thoughts.

“I love you, Jacob. And I’m so happy to know I’ll wake up with you by my side every morning for the rest of my life.”

The blindingly joyful smile, and the way his eyes lit up too, told me I’d gotten something right. Hmm, maybe Evan wasn’t the only person who needed me to express my feelings more often.

“I love you too, Russ. I’m grateful you’re here to make a mess of my bed first thing in the morning.”

We both started to laugh and slowly untangled ourselves, trying not to get cum on the sheet and the duvet covers. After all, we had just washed them. A shower was next, and after we had washed each other all over, Jacob took the opportunity to explore my backside gently with a soapy finger. I had gotten hard and leaky again from the sensual touching and when Jacob knelt down and took me in his mouth, I lost it completely.

I grabbed his hair and rammed my cock into his throat while his finger fucked my ass and prodded the magic button repeatedly. It was totally his own fault that I exploded in his mouth and almost made him choke. Or at least that’s what I tried to tell myself, when I finally came to my senses. My knees were so wobbly from the violent orgasm I slid down to join Jacob on the floor of the shower cubicle. His wry grin made my cheeks heat up.

“S…sorry, Jacob, but if you press the button…” I bit my lip, not knowing how to go on.

“Nothing to be sorry about, Russ. I like your response to having the magic spot rubbed.” His laugh was warm and loving as he gathered me into a hug and helped us stand. He switched the water off, and we dried ourselves and got dressed. A quick breakfast later, he settled down with his books and I found my sketchbook and pencils. I was so absorbed in drawing it came as a surprise when the door phone buzzed.

A small shiver of fear ran up my spine, since the last time the doorbell rang, it was to announce the unwelcome visit of my father and his ‘assistant’. Even though the sound of the entry door buzzer was completely different, and we were expecting Evan and Chris, I still worried about a repeat intrusion. But I told myself not to be ridiculous while Jacob went to answer the door phone and told them to come up. I got my small backpack to hold my sketchbook, pencils and wallet and put my new phone in my pocket.

Evan almost danced into the apartment and hugged me. I was pleased to see he had bounced back from yesterday, but surprised that he positively glowed with joy and contentment. But maybe we weren’t the only couple who had had a nice morning. As we separated, I saw Chris looking at Evan with such tender love on his normally calm face, it took my breath away.

“Are you ready to go, Russ?” My twin was almost vibrating with impatience, and gripped my hands as if he wanted to tow me straight out the door.

“Yes, I am. Jeez, En, you sure are eager to buy your man a ring.” As I smirked at him I suddenly noticed an unfamiliar lump on his left hand. I lifted it and saw a beautiful silver ring, thick with a chain-like pattern on the flat upper surface. It was obviously old because all the edges were softened by wear. It fit Evan’s finger perfectly, and I felt my mouth fall open as I realized what it was: the heirloom ring from Chris!

“As a matter of fact, we’ll be buying two rings, Russell.” Chris’ deep voice broke the spell, and we both turned to face him.

“Jacob explained about the Danish tradition, which Evan had already mentioned. I liked the idea, so we are going to be engaged the same way as you—” He indicated me and Jacob, and ended with “—and use our rings as wedding bands too. Except we’ll wear them on our left hands all the time.”

“But what about this ring then?” The question plopped out of my mouth, and Evan’s cheeks developed a blush.

“I’ve given Evan that to celebrate an earlier commitment,” was all Chris said, and my twin not only blushed but squirmed a bit. Oh, right, this was probably related to the kinky side of their relationship. Better not to ask, and in any case there was a much more important matter.

“Does this mean you’ll get engaged on Saturday too?” I asked Evan, and then looked at Jacob and Chris to gauge their reactions. Hmm, they didn’t seem surprised at all, and Jacob even smiled and nodded at me.

“Russ, I already told you Saturday was yours alone—” Evan began, but I quickly overrode him.

“En, we won’t get married at the same time, in fact it’ll be on different continents, so I want us to have this day together. Please?”

“But…but Jacob might not—” Evan began, but I turned him around to see our men, who were wearing identical grins of resignation – no, more like acceptance and encouragement.

“Oh, well… Chris, are you sure—” For the third time my twin got interrupted.

“Hey, bro, what was it you said about not being able to refuse the puppy-eye look?” Chris nudged Jacob, who clapped him on the back.

“Oh yeah, svoger, we’re in deep shit, when those green-eyed monsters want something.”

This was a new Danish word to me, and I decided to ignore the ‘monsters’ part and ask, “Swouer, what does that mean?”

“Brother-in-law.” Jacob smirked at us, and I wasn’t quite sure whether he was pulling my leg. I’d ask Benedicte later, and plan my revenge accordingly. Right now I had a mission to accomplish.

“Are we agreed then, Evan? We’ll get engaged together on Saturday? It would mean a lot to me. Twin bond.”

Suddenly I was getting all the air squeezed out of me. “It means a lot to me too, Russ. We’ll get engaged on the same day and be each other’s best man,” he took a deep breath and lowered his voice to a whisper, “and hopefully live together one day. Twin bond forever.” His words in my ear were heavy with joy and emotion. I hugged him back, and over his shoulder, I could see Chris watching us intently. I knew that expression, having seen it on Jacob’s face as well: caring, protective, loving, supportive, and focused on making us happy.

“Thank you, En.” I patted his back, and he finally let go of me. I used my eyes to indicate Chris, and gave Evan a small push. He got the hint and rushed over to hug his fiancé and whisper in his ear too.

“OK then, let’s go so Jacob can get some studying done.” I marched over to give Jacob a hug and a kiss goodbye.

“Bye, love. Enjoy yourself and say hello to Isa, Kristin and Mum for me.”

“Don’t worry, Jacob, I’ll take good care of them,” Chris said, and I decided to ignore the serious look between them and the implications. Today was going to be all about making my family happy, and my first task was taking Evan and Chris to the jewelers.

When we got down on the street, we decided to walk into town. Evan and I were in front with Chris trailing us a few steps behind.

“It’s a beautiful ring, En. When did Chris give it to you?”

“This morning. That’s why we were a bit late.”

“Were you late? I hadn’t noticed.”

“We said we’d be there before ten and now it’s almost eleven.” Evan gave me a weird look, and I quickly realized he felt hurt about not being missed at all.

“Oh, right. Ehm, I started sketching and forgot the time.”

He laughed and hugged me. “Now I understand, Russ. I look forward to seeing those drawings.”

My face felt hot, but I ignored his naughty smirk.

“Never mind, we have plenty of time before lunch. It only takes half an hour to walk to the jewelers, and we’ll see Parliament and other stuff on the way.”

“You’ll enjoy that,” Evan told Chris over his shoulder. “It’s an awesome building, and so old.”

“Well, not that old, since it’s been rebuilt a couple of times after fires,” I added.

We strolled along, with me re-telling as much as I could recall from Jacob’s explanations during our earlier excursions. As expected, Evan was interested in the tour boats and confirmed my impression that we hadn’t tried those during our visit five years ago. Finally we arrived at the jewelers and spent some time looking at the shop window before entering.

There was no one in the shop, but the soft chime from the door called forth the owner. Jacob had checked the jewelers out on the internet and told me the man who’d helped us was actually one of the two owners. He smiled at me with recognition and then did a double take when Evan stepped out from behind me. His gaze went on to Chris, and you could almost see the light-bulb moment.

“Good morning, how can I help?”

“This is my brother Evan and his future husband Chris. They would like to look at rings, please.”

“Certainly, please step this way.” He led us to the same counter where Jacob and I had chosen our wedding rings. “By the way, your rings are ready, if you’d like to take them home today.” He smiled at me and I nodded.

“Oh, can I see them, Russ?” Evan put his arm around my shoulder.

“Of course. I’m surprised they’re done already.”

“Our engraver began with them this morning. I wanted them to be perfect for you. Let me get them.” The owner went back to the door he’d come from and a few moments later he returned holding a small blue velvet box with the shop’s name embossed in silver. He set it on the counter and opened it towards us.

“Ohhh…” Evan exclaimed softly, and I sighed contentedly along with him. Our rings were so beautiful, the diamonds and sapphires glinting in the light. I’d never forget Jacob telling me the green gemstones reminded him of my eyes.

After we’d admired them, the jeweler closed the box, wrapped it and put it in a small bag. He gave it to me and asked me to sign for delivery. I made sure to zip the bag into an inside pocket in the main compartment of my backpack, so it was secure. Then I stepped aside and motioned to Chris and Evan.

“Do you have any ideas of what you’d like?” the owner inquired politely.

“It should be something to go along with this.” Evan held out his left hand.

“What a magnificent ring. Antique, isn’t it?”

“Yes, an heirloom in my family, traditionally worn by the oldest son.” Chris explained. “I used it as a teen, but my hands got too large, and it can’t be sized. Fortunately Evan has slim fingers, at least on his left hand.” I understood what Chris meant, since Evan was a right-hand pitcher.

“Yes, I can see that. You’re probably a size smaller than your twin.” He got out the measuring set, and Evan did indeed have a slightly smaller left ring-finger than me. Chris was one size up compared to Jacob. He explained about only needing the rings to fit their left hands, and the jeweler commented about that making it easier, with a small twinkle in his eye for me.

He got out a wide selection of rings and I was interested to see Chris and Evan focus on the titanium examples. Not the set I’d liked, but something slightly more angular with a subtle pattern etched in the center part of the surface. When Evan took off his ‘commitment’ ring and held it next to this titanium ring, it was obvious they suited each other. He raised his eyes to Chris and something passed between them.

“Do you have these in our sizes?” Chris asked the shop owner, who stepped back to the counter. He’d stayed in the background while they looked, but within sight of all the trays.

“We do indeed, sir.” He unlocked the top drawer of the counter and brought out a small box with a line-up of the ring in question. There was an empty space in the middle, obviously left from the specimen sitting on the tray of mixed examples.

“This is a new design which has recently arrived, and fortunately, I ordered a complete set of sizes. I had a feeling they would attract attention. The designer is a Danish artist, and it’s his first attempt at rings.”

He picked out two rings and put them on the velvet border at the front of the box. “These should fit you.”

Chris reached over and picked up the smaller of the two bands. Without a word Evan held out his hand and Chris slid the ring on. He then turned his hand palm up and Evan dropped the old ring in it. Chris added it to his finger, and the jeweler and I admired the perfect match. Amazing how a modern ring could fit a more than 150-year-old heirloom.

Without letting his gaze waver from the hold my twin’s green eyes had on him Chris moved his hand towards the box. The jeweler smoothly guided the larger ring into his grasp, and Chris transferred it to Evan’s right hand. My twin lost no time but placed it on his partner’s left ring finger. It was like watching a rehearsal of the most important moment of their wedding, with me as Evan’s best man and the shop owner as the officiator.

They were lost in each other, just as Jacob and I had been. I felt a tear run down my cheek, and I could see jeweler’s eyes glistening as well. I almost expected them to kiss each other too. But Chris simply brought Evan’s left hand to his mouth and kissed it, murmuring ‘Perfect’ before removing both rings and putting the old one back on Evan’s finger. And I had the feeling he wasn’t only talking about the bands symbolizing their future union.

As soon as Chris turned towards the counter and took his own ring off, the jeweler was ready with a handsome box covered in black leather. He really was the perfect salesman in every way. Once the rings were placed in the box, he set it on the counter and asked, “Do you need inscriptions in them?”

“Evan?” Chris’ question was tender, and I knew he would let my twin decide.

“Can we have each other’s names done in time for Saturday?”

“That’s no problem, sir. I’ll ask the engraver to put a priority on it.” I noticed he called both Chris and Evan sir, something he hadn’t done with Jacob and me. I was also interested to see Evan feel uncomfortable about the designation, whereas Chris took it in his stride as something natural. Perhaps due to his age and background… Or perhaps not…

Chris suggested we look around the shop while he paid, and somehow his eyes managed to catch mine and make it an unmistakable request. I dragged Evan over to look at the handsome watches at the other side of the shop, and we also tried on some girly bracelets with pink enamel and giggled together about what our U.S. cousins would say to those. Not that we intended to wear something like them, but it was a good way of distracting Evan, who was almost giddy after the successful ring decision.

“OK boys, are you ready to go?” Chris’ amused voice startled us and we turned as one to give him our best pissed-off glare for the ‘boys’ name. At least he knew better than to call us ‘girls’ which might have gotten him in the doghouse for real.

“Whoa guys! Don’t take my head off,” he laughed, and I could feel Evan relent. For some reason I had the impression Chris was usually fairly serious, and this was him being ‘giddy,’ or at least in an exuberant mood. He grabbed Evan and hugged him, even faux-admired the bracelets, and asked us if we wanted to buy them. We placed the pink horrors back on the stand and shook our heads. Evan told Chris to shut up while he was ahead.

Saying goodbye to the smiling jeweler, we left the shop and went for a walk in the center of Copenhagen, slowly working our way towards the restaurant where we had to meet the ladies. Chris kept track of the time and our destination, so Evan and I could chat and enjoy spending time together. At one point, my twin was looking at clothes in a shop window and I stepped back to stand next to Chris and ask him something quietly.

“I hope you don’t mind Evan and me walking together all the time. If you want to hold hands with him, that’s no problem here, you know. And I can walk on his other side or in front for a bit.”

“Don’t worry, Russ. Is it OK to call you that? Evan uses it so much I’ve always thought of you by that name.” At my shy nod, he gave me the older-brother grin I was beginning to cherish. “I love seeing Evan so happy and animated; I’ve missed that for the past couple of months. And you only have this week to make up for the time apart, both the past and the coming three months. I’ll have Evan all to myself soon enough – and in any case we have the nights on our own.” If he had winked or leered even the slightest bit with the last part, I would have been mortified and embarrassed, but Chris was simply stating the plain facts to convince me he was being truthful.

Evan returned to my side and I gave him a hug. “I love the ‘svoger’ you’ve gained for me, En. He’s perfect.”

“Good. I think so, too.” Two sets of adoring green eyes hit Chris and I was intrigued to see the tips of his ears turn red. Was this Chris blushing? Evan’s excited whisper in my ear seemed to confirm it. “Holy moly, that rarely happens! OK, go for his right arm and I’ll take the left.”

We ambushed poor Chris, grabbing an arm each and walking him up the street while talking to each other. We had to lean forward a bit to speak across the top of his chest, and this gave me a chance to see the bemused expression on his face. It was hard not to laugh, but luckily I managed to launch us into a series of do-you-remember-when’s which gave us plenty of excuses for laughing.

I deliberately chose those memories which showed off Evan to advantage as the fun but caring twin brother. From his face and occasional eye-roll I could see he knew what I was doing. But since they also recalled some happy and very ‘together’ times, he went along. I could almost see our invisible twin bond thickening and growing strong and ready for anything, including the upcoming separation which I’d tried to ignore.

But Chris was right to remind me about it, and I was going to do my best to make that period as easy as possible for Evan. After all, I was the twin going off on a ‘honeymoon’ with my man, and Evan was just going back home to everyday life. So it fell to me to keep in touch and tell him he wasn’t forgotten, no matter how much fun I was having. My mom’s admonition about skyping with Evan was definitely one to remember.

“Oh my God, poor Chris! Are you in need of rescue?”

At the sound of Kristin’s voice we all turned to see her advance on us with Mom and Benedicte in the background, laughing. Wow, Mom looked a hundred times better today, more relaxed and happy than I could recall her being since… Hmm, probably since last time we were in Denmark, but the sad truth was I still didn’t recall most of that visit. Even if I could, I probably wouldn’t have noticed whether Mom was happier over here or not.

Before I could start feeling guilty about that, I told myself I’d still been a kid back then. Perhaps I’d ask Evan and Kristin, and most likely my twin had been oblivious too, but our sister might know. After all she was a girl, four years older, and most importantly, apparently someone my mom confided in. I still remembered how Mom had shown no hesitation in heading for New York and Kristin when the Evan-coming-out event blew up.

All of them had caught up with us by now, and Evan was gushing all over Mom about their rings while Kristin and Chris listened fondly. I turned to find Benedicte at my side.

“How are you today, dear?” Those clever blue eyes seemed to look straight through me.

“I’m fine. We’ve had a great time together in Copenhagen, but now I’m starving.” Food was always a good way to distract mothers. I decided to add a small compliment for my future mom-in-law, and did a sad pout. “After all, we didn’t have the benefit of a nice hearty breakfast.”

“Well, that means you’ll enjoy lunch even more. Sulten er den bedste kok.” Benedicte linked arms with mine and raised her voice. “Min svigersøn er sulten. Let’s go to lunch.”

Chris was the first to react, and he offered his arm to Mom, who gave him a warm smile. “It seems my son-in-law is hungry too.”

“No wonder, if he’s been running around with the terrible twins,” Kristin teased.

“I bet it’s less exhausting than going shopping with you, Sis,” Evan said. Kristin just laughed and took his hand, dragging him after Mom and Chris.

“What did you say in Danish?” I asked Benedicte, as we walked along.

“The first part was a proverb. ‘Hunger makes the best cook,’ meaning any meal tastes wonderful if you’re hungry. The other was simply my son-in-law is hungry.”

“Oh, so sviason means son-in-law?” I did my best to repeat the strange Danish word.

“Svigersøn,” Benedicte said very slowly.

“Yeah, that word.”

“Mmhm, you’ll be my svigersøn, and I’ll be your svigermor.”

“Sviamor.” I tried to wrap my tongue around it, but shook my head in defeat.

“Don’t worry, Russell, I’m not too fond of the name svigermor, so why don’t you just go on calling me Benedicte?”

“OK, thanks. But that reminds me. Jacob said Chris would be his ‘svoger.’ Is that a real word?”

“Oh yes, it means brother-in-law.” Hmm, seems as if I don’t have to think up any punishment for Jacob having me on.

We arrived at restaurant Det lille Apotek and went inside. Chris told the waiter his name, and we were shown to a nice table for six people in one of the smaller rooms, which would give us a bit of privacy. While we waited for our food, I studied all the stuff on the walls telling the story of the place, including some nice sketches.

The waiter returned to ask what we’d like to drink. Benedicte explained that beer and snaps were traditional with open-faced sandwiches, and I immediately said I didn’t want snaps, which made her laugh.

“Maybe Evan and I can share a beer, and I’d like some Sprite or lemonade to go with it.”

Evan looked surprised for a second, but then his face lit up. “Oh, that’s right, drinking age in Denmark is eighteen. Yeah, a beer sounds great, but I’m not sharing!” This time we all laughed.

Evan and I were seated on either side of Mom, and Chris was flanked by Benedicte and Kristin, who was across from Evan. She was quick to zoom in on his ring.

“Evan, what’s this? Did you get engaged since last night?”

“No, Chris and I will get engaged on Saturday together with Russ and Jacob. We bought two rings today, and they’ll be our wedding rings too.”

This caught Mom’s attention and Benedicte looked at me.

“Are we having a double engagement party now?”

“Umm yeah, is that OK? Jacob said it was.” I stared at her anxiously, and she patted my hand.

“Of course it is, dear, why wouldn’t it be?”

“Right, that’s what we thought. It’s the same party, just two couples getting engaged, not one.”

Our drinks and food arrived at this point interrupting the conversations. I think Evan was relieved; he was still trying to avoid explaining why he was wearing Chris’ ring when they weren’t engaged. I decided to help him by distracting Mom, but Evan would have to deal with Kristin himself or get Chris to do it.

“Mom, I picked up our rings today. Do you want to see them?”

“Oh I’d love to, Russell, but I think it’s better to wait till Saturday. I want the ring to be on your finger the first time I see it.”

“OK, that’s probably best. But Saturday is such a long way off, it’s hard to wait.” I tried not to blush and think of the real reason I needed that ring on my finger ASAP.

We settled down to enjoy the meal, and I was happy to let Mom and Benedicte discuss the logistics of the engagement party and even wedding plans. They did try to involve me, but after my fifth ‘That sounds fine,’ they gave up on me. However, I did volunteer one opinion.

“I want a small, intimate wedding, please. Only close family and friends.” They both nodded, and I felt reassured they understood and would respect my wish. Jacob had assured me he wanted the same, so I could insist with a clean conscience.

Evan had solved the ring question by simply stuffing food in his mouth and refusing to talk. I saw Chris lean sideways to say something to Kristin, after which she sent Evan a sharp look. She began chatting with Chris, but I noticed they both kept giving Evan quick glances. The more he ate the more pleased Chris looked and even Kristin nodded with satisfaction. Poor Evan, another person to worry about him losing weight. I hoped she didn’t tell Mom.

As we neared the end of the meal, conversation shifted around the table. Kristin left to use the restroom, Mom turned to talk to Evan, and Chris gave his attention to Benedicte and me.

“I’m grateful for the way I’ve been accepted and welcomed into the family, not just by Isa, but by everyone. I hope you realize how much it means to Evan and me. Both you and Jacob wanting to include us not just as guests, but as…” He paused, searching for the right words, and then shrugged. “…And you hosting the celebration in your home, making us part of your family too.” Chris gave first me, then Benedicte a warm smile, and I basked in his approval and honest appreciation.

My own father may not think much of me, but Chris, who is every bit as charismatic and confident a man, clearly thought I mattered and had ideas worth something. Even more importantly, he not only accepted and acknowledged my bond with Evan, he seemed to encourage it. What a difference to the occasional snide parental comments about hiding behind my twin, or the more open fatherly challenges to ‘man up’ and stand on my own two feet without Evan’s protection.

Somehow my mouth opened by itself and the words spilled out. And typical of my luck, just at that moment Kristin returned and everyone else went quiet, so my declaration rang out for all to hear.

“Well, I think it’s worth losing my father twenty times over, to gain a brother like you, Chris.”

Shit! :facepalm:  But who knew ears could go that red!

Not so much Jacob, but hopefully enough to keep the Hungry Birds happy. Thank you, Gary, for the inspiration for the red ears and holy moly moments. ;) 
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Aww!!! :D

 

One of the things I love about this story are the tender moments shared :) Whether it's between Jacob and Russ, Chris and Evan, or the twins themselves, I can't help but "Aww!" :heart:

 

I'm happy for everyone. They had a nice and carefree day, all the issues they face seem to melt away :yes: The twins bonded more than ever. Russ' connection with Chris deepened. Isa has been happiest sine who knows how long. :D
This chapter really drove home for me how the bonds of family deepened among them.

 

And the Jeweler's shop... :wub: That sweet moment shared between Chris and Evan... perfect :heart:
I'm happy they found the perfect rings :) and of course the twins got up to their mischief :lol: Poor Chris, it speaks of the power the twins have to make that man blush!
Hell, Tim, those two together are powerful weapons, especially when they pout! :o Hehe.

 

Yeah, there wasn't a lot of Jacob in this chapter, but he does have his moments at the beginning, so I ain't complaining :thumbup:

 

As for the end of the chapter. I know he is embarrassed by it, but it shows how much Chris means to the family. And in all honesty, it is so true :)

 

Lastly, Tim, you make me want to live in the Nordic Countries. lol

 

Thanks Tim for this beautiful chapter :hug: Brothers in Arms indeed :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Okay, so now you're making me fall a little for Chris... sorry, Jacob, but you're still my favorite. The man is so genuine in his feelings for Evan, his acceptance that he has to share a part of Evan with Russell, his solid closeness to Jacob, and his joy at being accepted by the rest of the family. He's a good man, with a good sense of humor and a kind and caring heart :wub: . There was enough Jacob ... hot Jacob<sigh>... to keep me happy... spontaneous, um, explosions are often the best :*) , but this chapter really belonged to his 'brother-in-law'. I loved that Russell not only sees the needs in his twin, but now takes the initiative to reassure him, showing once again, how far Russell has come. God bless Jacob for seeing what he saw in his man, and helping to bring his strength to the forefront. A Wonderful chapter, Tim. When's the next one? :P Cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I have to say, Tim, that you do twins so well! We can almost see Evan and Russ connected by an invisible cord, and I hope nothing ever happens to sever it.
Chris is growing on me a bit, but Id take Jacob over him any day...he seems more relaxed about this dom/sub thing, whereas Chris' subtle insistence on it makes me feel some resentment toward him. It's never been my thing--a partner is an equal at all times, to be respected as his own person and not seen as a possession. A small bit of fantasy is fine and exciting, but once the sex is over, it had better be back to 50-50 for me.
Still, Chris is so in love with Evan that I'll let things go since Evan seems at times to need a little structure in his life. I think the time apart from Russ has hurt him more than everyone realizes, and it will take time for him to recover from that.
More please, min ven!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I really liked this chapter. Lovely, happy, contented couples enjoying themselves and their beloved(s). Wished I could have watched them shop for rings, but you did the next best thing - excellent descriptions throughout. Fun learning the Danish vocabulary for relationships between in-laws; and good for Russ for telling Chris exactly how he feels. Why be red-faced about that?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I can't ever get enough Jacob, but this was an awesome enough chapter that I didn't mind too much. This chapter was filled with happiness, warmth and acceptance. The twins actually struck gold with their partners. Jacob and Chris are equally accepting of the bond the twins share, and Chris is so genuine in his affection for Russ. The effect it has on Russ is just heartwarming, and evidenced in Russ' little outburst. I am further loving the evolution of confident Russ.
Your descriptions made me a part of their ring shopping afternoon. The teasing and the tender moments oh, I was just smiling right along with the guys. The time spent with the family was nice too. Everyone relaxed and happy.
Now, if we could get Jacob and Russ to control that hair trigger in time for the big moment!!!

 

Great chapter Tim, thank you.. I really hope the twins are still yelling at you...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Such a great chapter! It was good to see the twins bonding, but it was also wonderful to see more of Chris and Jacob as brothers in law. Chris obviously loved Evan beyond measure and is confident enough to be ok with sharing his engagement party and living with Jacob and Russ and Jacob is the same (but with Russel). These men just want to see their guys happy.
I continue to marvel at how much Russ has grown since he met Jacob. He is slowly becoming more confident and comfortable in his own skin. The morning with Russ and Jacob was :wub: (fanning myself).
Soooo cheep, cheep... just waiting for the next chapter now ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Awww!!! This was such a fun chapter onkel Tim :lol: ... I really had a lot of fun trying to pronunce danish words :facepalm::rofl: I am really happy to see the affection both Chris and Jacob has for their respective partners and how they are respectful towards their bond with their sibling :yes: . I am waiting to see how Kristin's encounter with Christian goes :lol: I do want to see how the rings look in real and know if I inagined them right :lol: though I am slightly confused about the shop owner calling both Evan and Chris sir and their reactions to it :unsure: is there some sort of background to it??? :huh: and I loved the confession by Russ :rofl: can't wait to see the reactions :gikkle: and finally nice touch with the use of :facepalm: emoji :thumbup:B) it was :great: .....
and now the hungry birds moment; cheep, cheep, cheep .... :P thanks for the chapter onkel Tim :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You know, I'd have to call this a relaxing chapter.
By that, I mean all the characters are entering a relaxed phase with each other, and it produced a smile on my face while reading every word of it.
I'm glad CG, in his review, mentioned his concern about Chris. I've had a small unease with him since we first met him. I hope it's just a grey cloud passing over my brain. Evan certainly doesn't need any more anxiety. I'm squeezing for them anyway.
Lovely chapter Tim. Truly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 08:02 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

I have to say, Tim, that you do twins so well! We can almost see Evan and Russ connected by an invisible cord, and I hope nothing ever happens to sever it.

Chris is growing on me a bit, but Id take Jacob over him any day...he seems more relaxed about this dom/sub thing, whereas Chris' subtle insistence on it makes me feel some resentment toward him. It's never been my thing--a partner is an equal at all times, to be respected as his own person and not seen as a possession. A small bit of fantasy is fine and exciting, but once the sex is over, it had better be back to 50-50 for me.

Still, Chris is so in love with Evan that I'll let things go since Evan seems at times to need a little structure in his life. I think the time apart from Russ has hurt him more than everyone realizes, and it will take time for him to recover from that.

More please, min ven!

I'm intrigued to see your reaction to the D/s hints. Did you think about the fact that they were mostly given via Russ who may not have quite the right understanding of his twin's relationship with Chris? Because it's actually the exact situation you describe: something kept in the bedroom but not influencing their life otherwise. Or at least not beyond the occasional teasing, and a tendency of Chris to be somewhat possessive. I hope this explanation removes some of your worries.

But I'm glad you're still kindly disposed towards Chris and you're right: he adores Evan. :yes:

And you're also right about Evan needing to recover. I didn't plan it this way from the start, but I gradually realized the parallel between the twins in this matter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 05:51 AM, Headstall said:

Okay, so now you're making me fall a little for Chris... sorry, Jacob, but you're still my favorite. The man is so genuine in his feelings for Evan, his acceptance that he has to share a part of Evan with Russell, his solid closeness to Jacob, and his joy at being accepted by the rest of the family. He's a good man, with a good sense of humor and a kind and caring heart :wub: . There was enough Jacob ... hot Jacob<sigh>... to keep me happy... spontaneous, um, explosions are often the best :*) , but this chapter really belonged to his 'brother-in-law'. I loved that Russell not only sees the needs in his twin, but now takes the initiative to reassure him, showing once again, how far Russell has come. God bless Jacob for seeing what he saw in his man, and helping to bring his strength to the forefront. A Wonderful chapter, Tim. When's the next one? :P Cheers... Gary...

I love you calling Chris 'a good man' because that's exactly what he is, and he recognizes goodness in other people, so he's drawn to Evan's family (well, most of them so far :rolleyes: ) and to Jacob and his family. Being welcomed with open arms means a lot to Chris.

As for accepting Evan's bond with Russ, Chris will do anything to have Evan be this happy. So far he's only seen Evan-without-Russ and Evan-missing-Russ-desperately, and while he fell in love with the first version, he's utterly fascinated by the Evan-together-with-Russ he experiencing now.

I like Russ better now too. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 10:15 AM, skinnydragon said:

You know, I'd have to call this a relaxing chapter.

By that, I mean all the characters are entering a relaxed phase with each other, and it produced a smile on my face while reading every word of it.

I'm glad CG, in his review, mentioned his concern about Chris. I've had a small unease with him since we first met him. I hope it's just a grey cloud passing over my brain. Evan certainly doesn't need any more anxiety. I'm squeezing for them anyway.

Lovely chapter Tim. Truly.

You're right, dragon, this was a fairly relaxing chapter. I think we need some of those after all the drama. I'm glad it made you smile.

See my reply to CG about Chris, I hope this does away with your unease. They're a littly kinky in bed sometimes, and if you don't like that, I quite understand. I hope you can ignore the hints and skip any descriptions which might appear (not saying they will). But, Chris is a good guy, truly. :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Like the others I like Chris more, the more we see of him. He's good for Evan. I think the brothers in law are going to have to stand together to combat the twin power. It's a good thing they get along so well ;)

 

Russ has come a long way from the shy boy who got off of the plane in Denmark. He's grown to actually like himself and is able to recognize that Evan needs him. I don't think he would have believed that 6 months ago.

 

There might not have been a lot about Jacob, but there is something to be said for quality time ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Such a nice and pleasant chapter to read after the horrible news this morning.

 

I like the slow pace and yet so much happened. The twins are getting even closer to each other and have a engagement party together. More rings got bought. Happy family lunch. Unfortunately Jacob missed it all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 05:44 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Aww!!! :D

 

One of the things I love about this story are the tender moments shared :) Whether it's between Jacob and Russ, Chris and Evan, or the twins themselves, I can't help but "Aww!" :heart:

 

I'm happy for everyone. They had a nice and carefree day, all the issues they face seem to melt away :yes: The twins bonded more than ever. Russ' connection with Chris deepened. Isa has been happiest sine who knows how long. :D

This chapter really drove home for me how the bonds of family deepened among them.

 

And the Jeweler's shop... :wub: That sweet moment shared between Chris and Evan... perfect :heart:

I'm happy they found the perfect rings :) and of course the twins got up to their mischief :lol: Poor Chris, it speaks of the power the twins have to make that man blush!

Hell, Tim, those two together are powerful weapons, especially when they pout! :o Hehe.

 

Yeah, there wasn't a lot of Jacob in this chapter, but he does have his moments at the beginning, so I ain't complaining :thumbup:

 

As for the end of the chapter. I know he is embarrassed by it, but it shows how much Chris means to the family. And in all honesty, it is so true :)

 

Lastly, Tim, you make me want to live in the Nordic Countries. lol

 

Thanks Tim for this beautiful chapter :hug: Brothers in Arms indeed :)

You're welcome, Drew, I'm delighted you liked it so much. LOL, twin power, I guess you're right, it's an irresistible force.

This chapter does have quiet a few tender moments, see also my reply to Def. But the ring moment had me :wub: too. I promise Jacob will feature more in the next chapter. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 08:35 AM, Defiance19 said:

I can't ever get enough Jacob, but this was an awesome enough chapter that I didn't mind too much. This chapter was filled with happiness, warmth and acceptance. The twins actually struck gold with their partners. Jacob and Chris are equally accepting of the bond the twins share, and Chris is so genuine in his affection for Russ. The effect it has on Russ is just heartwarming, and evidenced in Russ' little outburst. I am further loving the evolution of confident Russ.

Your descriptions made me a part of their ring shopping afternoon. The teasing and the tender moments oh, I was just smiling right along with the guys. The time spent with the family was nice too. Everyone relaxed and happy.

Now, if we could get Jacob and Russ to control that hair trigger in time for the big moment!!!

 

Great chapter Tim, thank you.. I really hope the twins are still yelling at you...

Yes, this was a chapter of tender moments, and I'm proud of Russ for being the instigator of several of them. He's getting in touch with his emotions again, and while Jacob is the main reason for that, there are other positive forces at play. And indeed, Chris is one of them.

The whole day made me smile while I wrote it, and I'm glad you feel the same way. Family bonding is important.

The twins are still making themselves known, but right now I have another guy yelling louder (you-know-who). :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 08:48 AM, LitLover said:

Such a great chapter! It was good to see the twins bonding, but it was also wonderful to see more of Chris and Jacob as brothers in law. Chris obviously loved Evan beyond measure and is confident enough to be ok with sharing his engagement party and living with Jacob and Russ and Jacob is the same (but with Russel). These men just want to see their guys happy.

I continue to marvel at how much Russ has grown since he met Jacob. He is slowly becoming more confident and comfortable in his own skin. The morning with Russ and Jacob was :wub: (fanning myself).

Soooo cheep, cheep... just waiting for the next chapter now ;)

Ha, ha, I'm glad I can get you to blush after all the hot Crave moments. We'll see who gets to the big moment first, J&M or J&R. :lol: Hmm, I just realized your guys have the same initials as CG's. Coincidence or...?

Anyway, I'm sometimes surprised too, at the change in Russ, when I go back and read the earlier chapters. As I had to do just before posting this chapter, in order to get the timeline right. (Have you worked it out yet?) The new confident Russ is wonderful, so let's hope it lasts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 09:42 AM, Victor Gutte said:

Awww!!! This was such a fun chapter onkel Tim :lol: ... I really had a lot of fun trying to pronunce danish words :facepalm::rofl: I am really happy to see the affection both Chris and Jacob has for their respective partners and how they are respectful towards their bond with their sibling :yes: . I am waiting to see how Kristin's encounter with Christian goes :lol: I do want to see how the rings look in real and know if I inagined them right :lol: though I am slightly confused about the shop owner calling both Evan and Chris sir and their reactions to it :unsure: is there some sort of background to it??? :huh: and I loved the confession by Russ :rofl: can't wait to see the reactions :gikkle: and finally nice touch with the use of :facepalm: emoji :thumbup:B) it was :great: .....

and now the hungry birds moment; cheep, cheep, cheep .... :P thanks for the chapter onkel Tim :hug:

You're welcome, Victor. I'm delighted you had so much fun. Yes, Danish is not the easiest language to pronounce. ;)

Affection and respect are good (mutual) words to describe the relationships the twins have with their partners.

I'm sure your imagination about the rings is better than anything I can come up with. In fact, I did try to find images, but no luck. :(

As to the Sir part, go back and read ch 9 and 10 again. I think perhaps the jeweler has not only gaydar but a wider sixth sense. Calling Chris Sir came naturally, and once he'd started with it, he sort of kept going. But it's not terribly important for the story.

The hungry birds will have to wait for a bit, but hopegully not too long. :unsure:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/14/2015 01:17 PM, EagleIsaac said:

Like the others I like Chris more, the more we see of him. He's good for Evan. I think the brothers in law are going to have to stand together to combat the twin power. It's a good thing they get along so well ;)

 

Russ has come a long way from the shy boy who got off of the plane in Denmark. He's grown to actually like himself and is able to recognize that Evan needs him. I don't think he would have believed that 6 months ago.

 

There might not have been a lot about Jacob, but there is something to be said for quality time ;)

As always you have a good point. Russ has indeed come far in three months, and in fact I wasn't able to predict this 6 months ago. I'm not sure Russ likes everything about himself yet (but then who does?), but he definitely knows Evan needs him as much as he needs Evan.

Yes, Chris is not only good for Evan, he's good for Russ too, and in fact for Isa as well. Oh, and you're so right about Chris and Jacob getting along well and having to stand together against the dreaded twin power. :rofl:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/14/2015 10:42 PM, Suvitar said:

Such a nice and pleasant chapter to read after the horrible news this morning.

 

I like the slow pace and yet so much happened. The twins are getting even closer to each other and have a engagement party together. More rings got bought. Happy family lunch. Unfortunately Jacob missed it all.

Sigh, yes, we do need something to cheer us up after another Paris tragedy. :(

I hadn't thought about feeling sorry for Jacob for missing out on all the fun, but you're quite right. However, I'm sure Russ will tell him all about the visit to the jeweler and the lunch. Unless they find some other way to spend the evening. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/13/2015 08:15 AM, Parker Owens said:

I really liked this chapter. Lovely, happy, contented couples enjoying themselves and their beloved(s). Wished I could have watched them shop for rings, but you did the next best thing - excellent descriptions throughout. Fun learning the Danish vocabulary for relationships between in-laws; and good for Russ for telling Chris exactly how he feels. Why be red-faced about that?

Welcome to CC, Parker, and thanks for letting me know how the story made you feel. I'm glad you could share in the contentment of this chapter, I think everyone needed it.

I bet the images of ring shopping in your head were better than any I could provide. I have a great time imagining my readers trying to say Danish words. :lol:

Why did Chris blush over Russ' compliment? That's an excellent question, and I've thought about the answer, even before I posted the chapter. I have the feeling Chris isn't used to such open approval and admiration. It's one thing to be adored by your boyfriend, but hero-worship form a younger brother has never happened to Chris before. I suspect he sort of likes it, even if he's slightly embarrassed at the intensity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like the opening. The summary of events carrying on the actions of the previous chapter, against the real-time backdrop of Jacob's hard dick, was nicely played. I just loved the moment that Jacob spoke and 'warned' Russ he was playing with fire.

 

It was nice to see the jeweler again, and nice to know he and his husband had a vested interested in seeing lovely, young male couples properly 'banded.' It's interesting to see other reviewers speculating what the silver ring is for, when I already know the answer ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/15/2015 05:59 AM, AC Benus said:

I like the opening. The summary of events carrying on the actions of the previous chapter, against the real-time backdrop of Jacob's hard dick, was nicely played. I just loved the moment that Jacob spoke and 'warned' Russ he was playing with fire.

 

It was nice to see the jeweler again, and nice to know he and his husband had a vested interested in seeing lovely, young male couples properly 'banded.' It's interesting to see other reviewers speculating what the silver ring is for, when I already know the answer ;)

I'm glad you liked the opening, I wasn't sure about it at first, so it's nice to know it worked. That short early morning dialogue had me smiling, too, when I wrote it.

Yes, the jeweler does enjoy his job very much in those situations, and I think both twins and their partners will be nice memories for him. And not another word about the silver ring. :X;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ah the silver ring, Collaring Ceremony perhaps? I have a different kind of ring, NOT that kind, it's a circle of silver which says forever and it's worn on a chain around my neck.

 

I liked this calm chapter, shopping, lunch, family.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/31/2016 02:18 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Ah the silver ring, Collaring Ceremony perhaps? I have a different kind of ring, NOT that kind, it's a circle of silver which says forever and it's worn on a chain around my neck.

 

I liked this calm chapter, shopping, lunch, family.

LOL, yes I think you're right. Kristin really should know better than to ask nosy questions about that ring after the scene with their father.

I'm glad you felt the comfort I was trying to convey. Russ need to reconnect with his family.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

How did I miss this chapter? Nicely done, there was s a real sense of family here, a sense of belonging

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..