Jump to content

Danger and Love 2. Jonne: Family and Friends

   (5 reviews)
Fandoms: Valdemar
Genres: Fantasy
Sub-genres: General Fantasy

When you’re courting danger, it’s important to have allies you can trust. Especially if you’re caught in the act.

 

This story is part of Cia’s . Forbidden Love Challenge

Valdemar is main country in the fantasy world created by Mercedes Lackey. This story takes place during Last Herald Mage series. Haven is the capital of Valdemar. The prequel to this story is my Jagged Edges Anthology story, but it’s not necessary to read it.
© 1987 - 2022 Mercedes Lackey, Tor Publishing; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2018 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Mikiesboy

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Well told and intriguing story and characters. Nice stand alone fanfiction. Worth reading. 

Response from the author:

Thanks, tim. I wasn't sure whether the story could stand alone, so it's nice to hear your opinion on this.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Headstall

· Edited by Headstall

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I found this a well crafted scene in a world I first encountered in the Jagged Edges Anthology piece by the same author. Certainly a satisfying FanFic, it intrigued me enough to consider exploring the actual books. More and more I am feeling the allure of fanfiction, thanks to this and some other stories on site. I recommend taking the time to read this... you may feel the same allure I did, and if you already know the Valdemar books, all the better. 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Gary. I'm very pleased when readers are inspired to check out the original Valdemar books, This way I feel I pay something back to the author for borrowing their universe. And of course its a great compliment to my story, that you want to read more.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Well written story that leaves the readers with enough questions to want more. Based on another author's work, you can tell there's much about the fictional world waiting to be explored. For some that's sufficient but a few readers like me may feel like something's missing.

Response from the author:

Thanks, Carlos. You're absolutely right about fanfic being most suitable for those who are familiar with the original works. But if my story can entice some readers to check out The Last Herald Mage trilogy, I'll count it a win. And maybe they'll return to enjoy my fanfic.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Caz Pedroso

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

The thing I liked most about this trip into Valdemar was when the uncle pointed out that the servants would be punished more than a highborn even if the highborn is at fault for the offense.  (You’ll just have to read the short to see what I mean 😛

We also get to meet a companion again and actually get to witness a choosing.

Again this is well written in Mercedes Lackey’s style and is in keeping with the world she created.

A well-written fanfic read

Response from the author:

Thank you, Caz. I'm so proud you think I managed to catch the style of the original fantasy world. I worked hard to achieve this. The part you pointed out was one of my favorites too.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
Brayon

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This FanFic is a prequel of sorts to another FanFic of Timothy's. While it's a stand-alone, and knowledge of both that story and the epic series of books they are based on, is not necessary, your enjoyment of this story would be amplified by it.

 

I found the story compelling, and truly a good work. Well written, and gave great visuals of what was going on. The dialogue was good and furthered the story.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..