Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 2,065 Words
  • 3,056 Views
  • 47 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Diego’s Dance with Death - 15. Two Lovers Getting Hot

but no explicit sex - so it’s safe for you to read @dughlas  :hug:    
The main part of the chapter is Diego's POV, and the last part is Sablo's.

When he saw the silver arrow hit Azrael’s chest, Diego barely had time to brace himself before he felt a small impact between his shoulder blades. It didn’t hurt; there was just a small warm sensation as he watched the arrow in his lover dissolve. Relief made him sag forward against the firm body in front of him, and two strong arms held him close. Finally. He’s mine now.

“I never thought I would find true love,” Azrael whispered in his ear. “And I certainly never expected him to be so handsome and sexy.”

“Funny you should say that. I feel exactly the same way. You’re everything I would have wished for if I had dared to imagine the perfect partner. And I felt exactly the same before being hit by that stupid arrow.”

“Of course. Cupid arrows don’t change your feelings. They just open the channel and get people synchronized, if needed.”

“Like Theliel and Sablo. They weren’t even listening to the same music, let alone being in synch.”

His lover chuckled. “Yes, that match was a surprise to everybody, but afterwards it was obvious how perfect they are for each other.”

“Did Theo shoot us?”

“Yes, and he looked quite silly all bundled up against the cold except for his bare feet.”

“Is he gone now?”

“Mmhmm. He left almost immediately. Why?”

In reply, Diego claimed Azrael’s lips in a long, heated kiss. He let his hands roam freely, to those parts he hadn’t yet explored while they were fooling around in the hot water. They had kissed, hugged, and splashed each other, teased with touches above the belt, but now his restraint was shot to hell.

All of a sudden, they were lying on a huge bed. The faint scent of flowers told him where they were, but the twilight meant fewer birds were singing.

“What…oh! Great idea.” He grinned at the handsome man under him. Their bodies were more or less dry, but damp strands of Azrael’s hair lay like dark rivulets across the white pillow.

The angel smiled and winked at him. “This day has been wonderful so far, and I didn’t want to risk any interruptions. Now we have plenty of time to indulge in whatever you’ve planned next.”

“I like the way you think. My plan is quite simple. I’m going to make love to you, to the best of my ability. I’ll do anything you want, but I’ve never been on the receiving end before. But I’m ready to explore new territory.”

“Makes two of us.”

“I—what?” Diego broke off to stare at him in surprise. “Do you mean you’ve never topped, or that you’ve never gone all the way?”

“I’ve had sex with a female and as a female, but as a male with another guy I’ve only…what’s the expression…ah, fooled around a bit.”

“With Theo? No, forget I asked that. It’s none of my business.”

“I don’t mind. Theo is one of the few people who see me as a person, not as the fearsome Angel of Death. We’re good friends, and a long time ago, we were a bit more.”

“Friends with benefits?”

“I don’t know that expression, but I can guess. However, it was more like we were both lonely at the time and comforted each other. But neither of us wanted to commit fully. It just didn’t feel right.”

“It wouldn’t make any difference to me, but it’s nice to know you’re bisexual too. The important thing is, we now know we both have to be extra careful when we make love the first few times. And I hope you brought my rucksack with us, because I’ll need more than spit—”

The lube bottle he had packed, in case he got lucky, landed right next to his hand.

“Are we done with the talking, then?” Azrael made a sensuous little wriggle underneath him and squeezed his buttocks at the same time.

“Eager, are we?” Diego bent down to steal a kiss and nibble his way to his lover’s ear. “I’m going to take my time with you, my love. You’ll be pleading with me to fuck you, before I’m done.”

“Promises, promises. We’ll see who breaks first. I can feel how ready you are to be inside me. You want me as much as I want you!”

Diego groaned as the movements of his lover made their cocks rub against each other. They were well matched, and just the thought of Azrael going down on him had him on edge. He couldn’t even blame a decades-long dry spell if he lost this challenge, because apparently his lover had him beat there, too. Never mind, I have an eternity to find out how to play this game.

“Yes. I love you, and I want you.” And he focused all his attention on proving how much.

***

Much later, when he woke from a long nap with his lover still sleeping soundly next to him, Diego thought about what Azrael had explained after they undressed at the thermal pool.

He started with taking off his cloak and swirling it around. To Diego’s astonishment, the garment vanished.

“Wow, where did it go?”

“I can’t leave my cloak lying around, so when I’m not wearing it, I store it in an otherworld pocket.”

“Neat.”

They crouched to unlace their boots, and Diego pushed one of the pads towards Azrael.

“We can stand on those, so we don’t get cold feet.”

“I thought you said Guardian Angels didn’t feel heat or cold.”

“Physical matter like water, snow, or objects does have an impact. But not fire, though I think a glowing coal would burn me.” This was why Sablo got soaked during Diego’s most recent mission. Luckily, so far Ariel had ignored the fact one of his Guardians had made an unauthorized rescue. Stop babbling or thinking about work. He knew it was because he was nervous.

After removing his boots and socks, he stood up and shed his pants and shirt, leaving him in his jock strap. Azrael followed his lead, but with his back to him, and the angel also added his underwear to the pile on top of his boots. At the sight of Azrael’s beautiful set of buttocks Diego gulped and felt his cock stir. Down, you horn dog. You’ll get your chance later.

The angel slowly turned to reveal a slim, but finely muscled front, with a smooth but definitely male chest, a flat stomach, shapely hips and long legs. Diego took it all in with delighted pleasure, including a slightly plumped up, natural cock with an impressive length which was almost obscuring the cute set of balls.

“Let’s get in before we freeze.” He whipped off his jock and stepped into the thermal pool. The bottom was smooth, but a little slippery so he carefully walked a few steps into the hot water, before turning and holding out his hand to Azrael. Once they were both submerged and luxuriating in the warm pool, he grinned at his companion.

“You’re an awesomely handsome guy, so why did I feel you could be either or?”

“Maybe because I am, in a way. Your instincts are very good.”

“Well, that’s a relief. I don’t feel so foolish now.” He tried to think of a way to ask for an explanation, but Azrael helped him out.

“I’m not both at the same time, if that’s what you’re wondering. I’m male ninety percent of the time, but for ten years every century, I’m female. However, the next transition is several decades in the future.”

“Wow, that’s interesting. Have you always been gender fluid?”

“No, in the beginning I was sexless, or maybe ambiguous is a better word. But like most angels who interact with humans in some way, I gradually developed a gender. For some strange reason most celestial angels tend to be male, so the few of us who end up fully female are considered very special.”

“It’s a bit like the Guardians. I’ve been told mainly men were chosen from ancient times, apart from a few Greek amazons, but the women who made it into our ranks are all larger-than-life heroes. Even now, when plenty of women are police officers and soldiers, it’s still considered really special when one of them joins us.”

Azrael gave him a stern look. “Every single Guardian Angel is special. I don’t think you realize how rare it is to find a true protective spirit, no matter the gender.”

Oops, better change the topic back. “Um, right. So how come you’re mostly male now, if you originally identified as female?”

“What? Oh no, it wasn’t me, but one of my close friends who was female. She was the first to fade, and it was after that I became gender fluid. It was quite a surprise the first time it happened.”

“Bloody hell, I should imagine so. Did you ever find out why you shift to female?”

“The four of us had unique approaches to our duty as Death Angels, personal ideas about why we were needed and different areas of specialty. She got saddled with the children, which is the hardest duty of all, as you know.”

Diego gave him a quick hug. “Yes it is, and you’ve carried the burden since she faded. You’re stronger and just as compassionate.”

“The essence of my three fellow angels helps me in different ways. I think the way hers works is by turning me into a female when the death of innocent children depresses me. Her strength of heart and mind helps me be more determined to carry on. I've gotten used to the transition, so I don't give it much thought anymore.”

“Do you still look like you?”

“Yes, or I might have freaked out completely. She was a beautiful buxom blonde, but my body stays more or less the same, apart from a pair of modest breasts and…um…different genitalia.”

“I shall look forward to seeing that eventually, but right now I’m fascinated with you just the way you are.”

“Yes, I can see that.” Azrael lowered his gaze with a satisfied smirk, and Diego realized his erect cock was visible below the surface of the still, clear water.

“Hey, I can’t help that. It has a mind of its own sometimes.” He splashed water at Azrael who retaliated. Soon they were playing around, chasing each other for kisses and generally behaving like guys excited to be in love. It was during a pause in this silly behavior they got shot with silver arrows.

I’m glad I wasn’t completely wrong when I thought he could be either gender. Seen from the back it’s impossible to tell, but maybe that’s because he started out as sexless? It’s not as if I’ve seen any angels naked before, apart from Guardians, but we all retain our human shapes. And cupids seem to be born or created as boys and girls, judging by those nestlings who tried to shoot Sablo.

He chuckled as he recalled the image of his brother desperately trying to swat white arrows away. I wonder what he’ll say when he finds out about Theo hitting us with silver arrows. I should let him know I’m deliriously happy right now.

***

Sablo felt around the empty bowl. He’d nervously stuffed himself with popcorn, while picturing Theo shooting silver arrows at Diego and Azrael. A loud ‘bang’ and a hearty ‘Fucking cold’ coming from their bedroom alerted him to Theo’s arrival back home. He forced himself to stay put. Instead of running over and demanding a retelling of the events, he slowly grabbed the remote and pressed pause. And waited. And he waited some more as the sounds of additional banging and low cursing about ‘useless pants’ and bloody snow’ drifted in via the partially open door. Then the shower started. Next he found himself in the bathroom watching his lover stretching his naked body towards the hot water pelting down on him. “And?”

Theo blinked water droplets away when he heard Sablo’s voice. “They’re probably fucking like bunnies right now.”

“What?”

“Um...they’re probably making sweet, sweet love right now. Better?”

“Everything went well then?”

Theo rolled his eyes. “Of course.”

“They didn’t —”

“Will you shut it now and come in and help me warm up. Didn’t I mention they had to go to fucking Iceland?”

We hope most of your questions have been answered.
Copyright © 2019 Timothy M., aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 14
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



That’s an interesting version of gender-fluid.
;–)

I remember reading a print novel where an experiment with a cure for AIDS unexpectedly ended up creating two new chromosome types beyond X and Y. Periodically, they’d transition similar to werewolves except between genders. It was a surprise when the first generation experienced the gender change at puberty. I don’t think it was as frequently as once a month though…
;–)

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I noticed the barefoot question remains unanswered!
;–)

Aditus answered that in a comment to the previous chapter.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

That’s an interesting version of gender-fluid.
I don’t think it was as frequently as once a month though…

Thanks - it took me a while to work it out.
For Azrael it's once a century, but then it lasts ten years. (And Diego hasn't thought of a possible consequence, yet. ;) )

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

During Christmas Pageants at my father’s church, the Angels were always girls. The boys were the Wisemen and Shepherds. And I hated being forced to participate!

It was a relatively small congregation, so older boys were the Wisemen and my Sunday School class supplied the (three) Shepherds. But, being the Seventies, they started doing more creative Christmas Programs and didn’t do the traditional story in the old-fashioned, traditional way. It was always suffocatingly hot with the chapel jam-packed with parents who didn’t always attend church services even though the Program was in the evening.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

And Diego hasn't thought of a possible consequence, yet. ;)

Can Angels get pregnant?
;–)

Link to comment
Just now, droughtquake said:

During Christmas Pageants at my father’s church, the Angels were always girls. The boys were the Wisemen and Shepherds. And I hated being forced to participate!

Maybe because it was easier to put the girls in white dresses to look like angel robes ? :lol: 
I can relate to your disgust of being forced to participate. I'd have thought the teachers would have been pleased not to have to find roles for every kid.
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Aditus answered that in a comment to the previous chapter.

It’s 8am here on the Pacific Coast and I haven’t gone to sleep yet. First Thorne distracted me with his Blog posting, then you posted this just as I was about to turn my display off. I think you plotted with each other to keep me awake!
;–)

Good night!
;–)

Link to comment
Just now, droughtquake said:

It’s 8am here on the Pacific Coast and I haven’t gone to sleep yet. First Thorne distracted me with his Blog posting, then you posted this just as I was about to turn my display off. I think you plotted with each other to keep me awake!

Good night!

Sorry - sleep well, my friend. :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

Maybe because it was easier to put the girls in white dresses to look like angel robes ? :lol:

The Wisemen and Shepherd costumes were robes too. It was a sexist gender thing.

2 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I can relate to your disgust of being forced to participate. I'd have thought the teachers would have been pleased not to have to find roles for every kid.

Like I said, it was a relatively small congregation. It was never a question of finding enough roles, it was more a question of finding enough bodies!

Good night!
;–)

Link to comment

Such a marvelous chapter. Let those arrows fly. Diego and Azrael might just rock the heavens. Wait, since when were thunderstorms in the forecast? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Such a marvelous chapter. Let those arrows fly. Diego and Azrael might just rock the heavens. Wait, since when were thunderstorms in the forecast? 

Was the event significant enough for the Icelanders to note its Seismic rating? (Around here, you don’t notice 1s and 2s. You barely hesitate for a 3, but 4s make you wonder if it’s going to be significant. 5s make you look for someplace to duck under. 6s and 7s are the ones you remember and talk about for the rest of your life. But if it’s your first earthquake, you might panic in a 2 or 3 – and then you feel foolish when you realize only newbies reacted by diving under a desk!)
;–)

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Such a marvelous chapter. Let those arrows fly. Diego and Azrael might just rock the heavens. Wait, since when were thunderstorms in the forecast? 

LOL, you may be on to something here. Maybe it's a good thing they're in Azrael's garden which is outside time and normal space. That should prevent any effects leaking. :P 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Was the event significant enough for the Icelanders to note its Seismic rating? 

Which event are we talking about ? Getting shot by arrows won't register, and their making out won't either. The rest of it didn't take place on Iceland - but you and @Parker Owens may have come up with another reason Azrael moved them (and their belongings) to his garden. ;) 

That said, Icelanders are a hardy lot. Nothing much fazes them. https://satwcomic.com/sleepover-at-iceland-s   :lmao: 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Which event are we talking about ?

The earth didn’t move when they got shot?
;–)

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

And Diego hasn't thought of a possible consequence, yet

Oh, several come to mind. PMS, menstruation, pregnancy to name a few.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, droughtquake said:

But if it’s your first earthquake, you might panic in a 2 or 3 – and then you feel foolish when you realize only newbies reacted by diving under a desk!)

My daughter never felt the last quake we had here, but did text me and ask why her jeep was doing the jitterbug while parked. Quakes happen so seldom in NJ the possibility never crossed her mind.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, droughtquake said:

. But if it’s your first earthquake, you might panic in a 2 or 3 – and then you feel foolish when you realize only newbies reacted by diving under a desk!)
;–)

I was asleep during the only noteworthy earthquake we've had in (Copenhagen,) Denmark in recent years. I think it was 2.1 and only enough to rattle the china and people's minds. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Kitt said:

My daughter never felt the last quake we had here, but did text me and ask why her jeep was doing the jitterbug while parked. Quakes happen so seldom in NJ the possibility never crossed her mind.

I know people in US who were just about to leave uni years ago to go on field work when their car started bouncing gently up and down. They tried to see if some of their colleagues were playing a trick on them. It took a while for them to realize it was a small earthquake.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Kitt said:

Oh, several come to mind. PMS, menstruation, pregnancy to name a few.

As a guy I'm not sure he'll think of these possible future complications just yet, and maybe Azrael is in no hurry to mention it. ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

As a guy I'm not sure he'll think of these possible future complications just yet, and maybe Azrael is in no hurry to mention it. ;) 

Is this solely a physical transformation? Are there personality, psychological, and emotional changes too? How did such a solitary being deal with the psychological ramifications, especially the initial change, with no one to talk to?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Is this solely a physical transformation? Are there personality, psychological, and emotional changes too? How did such a solitary being deal with the psychological ramifications, especially the initial change, with no one to talk to?

Hmm, interesting questions. I'm not sure I can answer them without thinking it over, except maybe the last one. Azrael wasn't on his own when he first transitioned to female. At least one of two other (male) angels who shared the duty was still  present physically, so Azrael could talk to him about it.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Azrael wasn't on his own when he first transitioned to female. At least one of two other (male) angels who shared the duty was still  present physically, so Azrael could talk to him about it.

But isn’t that a bit like discussing bisexuality with a straight man?
;–)

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..