Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 637 Words
  • 672 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Light - 10. Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Dahlia
Mike, Chase and Jana looked ahead. The young girl turned around and looked toward the trio. Mike recognized her. It was Dahlia.
“Nice to see you mike, have you brought me some friends to play with? Well, I don’t want them. I only want you. Now lets get them out of here!” Dahlia screamed as she through her arms open. Chase and Jana flew back and their backs slammed against the wall. Dahlia moved an arm to one of the trophies in the trophy case. The golden statue started to shake. Mike looked at Chase and knew that the award would pierce his heart. He ran to Chase, and heard the glass of the trophy case break. He turned around and saw the trophy heading for him. The trophy slammed on the floor.
“Get out of the way, Mike. If you don’t I will kill you all,” Dahlia said sharply.
“Then start shooting. You don’t even give Chase a chance to fend for himself. I may as well kill you in your sleep so you wont know its coming either,” Mike yelled.
“Mike, I can fight for myself, give me a chance,” Chase whispered.
“Stupid fool, vampires don’t sleep. We have no need, at leased now we don’t. My lady won’t accept anyone but you,” Dahlia says.
Jana took Chase’s hand and started a stun spell. Mike continued to distract her, “Well that’s too bad, we are all going through,” Chase took Mike’s hand for the spell, “If they don’t go with me, I wont see her.”
With that, the spell was released and Dahlia fell on the floor. Jana handed him her knife and he walked over and pierced her back. With that the door flew open and they walked into the next room. Hanging on the wall was a cage with someone in it. Mike walked over to it and screamed. Sitting in it was TJ He shook the cage and then TJ looked over at him.
“TJ I’m so sorry. I was stressed, I didn’t know what I was doing,” Mike said quietly, “Please forgive me.”
“Mike, I, I feel better. I have healed totally. I, I forgive you.”
Chase stared at TJ with a great hatred. “Mike, I don’t trust him. Something about him is different,” he said.
“Come-on! He is totally fine. He’s my best friend. Why shouldn’t we trust him,” Mike yelled. Chase looked into his eyes and wondered why Mike and TJ were so close. He took a deep sigh and noticed that his breath came out as a cloud. All four of the hunters gained shivers down their backs. Chase decided that he will gain trust for a moment and he blew up the lock on the cage. The barred doors flew open and TJ jumped out. Mike and TJ were weaponless. Jana had a sword, stave and bow. She gave the weapons that Mike and TJ were most skilled at, and handed it to them. Chase looked over at TJ and smiled.
The ground started to shake. The four of them hit the ground. The gym floor cracked open and a pillar of smoke was emitted from the crevasse. When the pillar was gone, a beautiful woman stood there. She was wearing a dress that looked medieval. It was the queen.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Allison, Alec, Naomi, Jessant and Mrs. Snow saw a bright green light shoot into the sky. It was coming from the school. The mass of vampires stopped their cloud of black. Allison shot a spell into the heart of them.
Alec grabbed her arm and stopped her from doing more. “I think she’s here,” he said.
“Who?” the rest of the hunters asked him.
He looked into each of their eyes and they understood. The four of them started toward the school…

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..