Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 648 Words
  • 789 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Light - 8. Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Infiltration
Dear Diary,
I don’t understand him, why did he have to kill TJ? I didn’t sleep last night; I couldn’t see anything but the blood on his shirt. Well, I hope that Mike is off somewhere; thinking about suicide. I’ve listened to My Immortal countless times today. Maybe there is a spell in that song we could do. I think there is. Why can’t I stop crying? Is it because my boyfriend killed T.J? Or, could it be because TJ is dead. Now that I think about it, I really liked him. Wonder why I never dated him. “I’ve tried so hard to tell myself that you’re gone, and though you’re still with me, I’ve been alone all along.” That is the line that sticks in my head. Damn it, why did TJ have to die? Maybe that fucker, Mike, should have died instead. Holy shit! I’ll have to talk to you later; the sky just went totally black.
-Allison

Allison jumped out of bed and ran to the window. A shiver ran down her spine and she jumped out of the window’s sight. She heard the sound of wings on the air. After the sound disappeared, she ran outside, joining the rest of the neighborhood, and started her spell craft. Jessant drew her katana and joined Allison. Naomi was still recovering from her injuries.
Jessant, while panting, said, “We have to go now. I got the call from them; they are meeting at the High School. I don’t think two is enough for a winning battle.”
“Who said anything about winning, Jessant? All we can do is hold them off for as long as possible. Where is Mrs. Snow?” Allison said with confidence.
“Right here!” Mrs. Snow had just appeared out of nowhere. She was wearing black robes and appeared to have a golden belt on with a Germanic Sword in its sheath. “Where is TJ? Or Mike? What happened to Naomi and Alec? Where is everybody?” Mrs. Snow panicked.
“TJ is dead, Mike is lost, Alec and Naomi are in recovery after a near attack with the vampires,” Jessant replied.
A silence filled the group and Mrs. Snow looked down, in mourning. Allison broke the silence, “Mike is dead too. He killed TJ” Jessant looked at her and wondered what she was thinking. She came to the conclusion that he disbanded from the group.
A loud bang filled the air. Everyone looked to the east, the high school. A blast of fire was erupting from the school. The whole neighborhood looked in the direction of the red light.
“EVERYONE GET A STICK, GUN, SWORD, WHATEVER YOU HAVE! WE HAVE A BATTLE TO FIGHT!” Jessant screamed. Everyone ran inside their houses and grabbed the nearest weapon they could find. Many came out with guns, some came out with swords and shields and the rest grabbed bats and pans. The capes of the vampires heading toward the suburbs blocked the light of the fire.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Mike and Chase jumped with the sound of the explosion that took place a few blocks away. They started to run; knowing the thousands of vampires flooding out of the school would be focused on Allison’s group. Mike ran to the nearest house and broke into it. He made Chase come into the house with him. He found a mess of knives and a bunch of Italian swords and staves. The item he found that most intrigued Chase was the French Longbow. He loaded the weapons up into his belt and ran out of the door. He waited until the vampires had finished passing over and started to run to the high school.
The doors of the school went from blue to blood red. Chase said that the paint was still blue, that the red comes from real people. They opened the doors and walked into the bloody halls.

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..