Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 631 Words
  • 773 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Light - 6. Chapter 6

Chapter 6
First Strike
For several weeks there had been no reports that can be related to vampires and the three finished their training. Dahlia had not been seen but this had not concerned anybody. Allison learned all the vampire magic dismantling spells and was confident in her ability to perform them. Mike and TJ could do the cyclone spell that Jessant and Naomi did on the night of the mosquitoes. Naomi had opened up quite a bit to the three. She told them that she is five-eighths elfish, two-eighths human and 1-eighth dragon. Jessant found out about what Alec told Allison and she nicked one of his ears.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The doorbell rang and Mike ran to get it. He opened his mahogany door and saw Naomi barely standing on his porch. Mike rushed her inside and laid her on the couch near the hearth of the fireplace. He got her a glass of water. Naomi drank it as if she were in the desert for months.
She raised her head and whispered, “We cannot meet at the church anymore,” and then she fell unconscious. He looked at her innocent face and realized that the rest of the hunters need to know about this. He sprinted upstairs to his phone and picked it up nervously. He called Allison, then Alec and commanded them to call everybody else. Within ten minutes everybody was there. When Naomi woke up, she told them everything. From the finding of the church, to the torture she went through from the vampires. She mentioned how they tried to get her blood, but the teeth of the poor person who did it melted, due to the blood of an elf is extremely acidic and resistant to poison. She fell into unconsciousness at 5:30, right when the sun set.
The group looked around when they heard the thousands of bat wings flapping around the house. TJ stood on Mike’s couch and said, “Maybe we should hide. If they can’t find us, they can’t bite us.”
“What are you talking about? If we hide they will still find us!” Mike replied, “We should attack them head on!”
“Then we stand a greater chance of casualties! We need to hide!” TJ argued.
“Then there will still be the same amount of them!”
Allison interrupted, “Guys, why don’t we just leave the house?”
Both of them yelled, “Are you crazy?”
Allison just sat down and started to cry. Alec and Jessant took Naomi into the basement and put her in a closet. Allison followed them and sat on the floor.
Back upstairs, “Why do you get to always choose?” TJ said.
“Cause you wouldn’t know what to do if you were on your own!”
“Know what? I used to think that all life is precious, but I can clearly see yours isn’t!”
“THEN MAYBE I SHOULD JUST LAY DOWN AND DIE!” Mike screamed.
“It’s about damn time,” TJ said.
“Hey vampires! Here’s some blood for you!” and after that, Mike drew his sword and slashed TJ across the chest and ran down the stairs. When he got there, everybody was looking at him. Allison and Naomi were crying. Alec isn’t moving and he wasn’t looking into Mike’s eyes. Jessant looked at his sword—covered in TJ’s blood—and called it to her. She disenchanted his sword and broke it in half with her katana. She sat down and messed with the pillow’s fringe, so she wouldn’t try to kill Mike. After five minutes, they heard the vampires leave the house. Everybody, but Allison and Mike, left.
Allison turned to Mike shaking and asked him, “Why?”
“It was either both, or one of us,” Mike responded, “And he doesn’t have anybody waiting for him,”
Allison muttered under her breath, “I hate you.”

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..