Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 880 Words
  • 720 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Light - 7. Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Lost
Allison left the room and Mike could barely sit there. He fell asleep. His eyes bolted open. He looked at the clock; it’s 8:30 A.M. His chest hurt. He touched it and felt blood. His legs were numb. Slowly he put a finger into the crevasse above his heart. Oh my god, this is where I hit him, Mike realized. Suddenly sharp pains jabbed into his chest.
Mike ran upstairs and found no sign of the night before. No broken windows, and he found no blood. He ran outside and into the forest hoping that was all a dream. He jolted to the place where Jon was murdered and sat on the cold, hard ground.
A figure became visible through the shadows. Mike stood up and got ready to attack with no weapon but his fists. A bolt of black light flared past his arm.
“Put your fists down, they will do you no good,” the being said confidently.
Mike replied, “What do you want with me?”
“Nothing but your time, Mike,” the being shouted.
“How did you know my name?” Mike whispered, “Fine!” He sat down on a log. The stranger glided to the frightened boy.
“I am Taran. I believe you have met my daughter, Dahlia,” Mike jumped up thinking she was a vampire, “I am not a vampire you fool. I am the Enchantress of the Forest. Also known as Queen of Elves, and Mother of the Merfolk. I need to know something from you. If it would save your friends, would you become a vampire? Temporarily, of course.”
“How would it help them? If I became a vampire, it would make me weak to their attacks. And what if I attack them? What then?” Mike argued.
“Do you think I’m simple minded? That I would not see all possible threats to the failure of my plan? Do you think that?”
“No ma’am. I just thought…”
She interrupted, “You didn’t think! But I have taken precautions. In this spell I have forged a mage eye, and a shield so their attacks will not work. The Mage Eye will not let you see your friends as living, but as smoke. The shield will block all their attacks. Now, another fault in this plan is Jessant. She too is a vampire, and will see something wrong with you. For that, I have cloaked you from her eyes totally.”
“What will I do when I get there? And where am I going?” Mike questioned
Taran replied, “You will go to the main room of the High School’s basement and when you get to the center, you will unleash the most powerful energy this world will ever see.”
“What is it?”
“The goddess.”
“What goddess? There is only one god.”
Taran started to get aggravated, “Just do it. She is the goddess of light. If you do not do it, your friends’ lives will be in jeopardy.” Just then a blast of fire hit Taran and she fell to the ground, her flesh burning.
Another bomb of fire headed toward Mike and he jumped out of the way. A boy hopped down. “Who the hell are you? Why are you in my woods?” the boy asked. His face entered the light and he was very innocent looking. He had soft brown hair and was much taller than Mike.
“What were you thinking? I was working on a spell with that woman! Who are you to take a life?” Mike asked.
The tall kid responded, “My name is Chase. Why would you want to do a spell with a vampire?”
“She isn’t a vampire! She is the Enchantress of the Forest!”
“You still haven’t told me your name, and yes she is. She is the high vampire of the southern council. Did you know that boy that was dead when that goth girl found him?”
Mike answered, “My name is Mike. That boy, he was my cousin. The gothic girl is Allison. He was a vampire. Do you know who killed him? How did you know about that?”
Chase replied, “I killed him. He said that he hated you, and I don’t like people that hate you.”
“What the hell? Are you stocking me?”
“No! I just thought you would like it if I killed him. It seemed like the right thing to do. You are even cuter up-close,” Chase said.
“Are you hitting on me? Wait a second; you said that you killed him. I could use your help.”
“One, yes I am hitting on you, guess your not gunna fall for it. How could you use my help? I can’t help you. Unless…”
“No. But you are a hunter, the shadowed one. I know what to do to kill the vampires. Will you help me; we will be saving my friends.” Mike requested of Chase.
Looking down Chase said, “I don’t know, what is in it for me? Will you be my friend, I don’t have any.” Mike looked into the boy’s green eyes and nodded his head. Chase jumps up and hugged him.
The two walked into town. Mike explained the plan to Chase and he changed it to include Chase. Chase smiled and looked to the dark sky, then said, “It’s not night time.”

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..