Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 635 Words
  • 706 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Light - 9. Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Hall of Blood
Mike and Chase walked up the halls that seemed to be bleeding constantly. Mike got a chill and Chase drew his dagger. Mike pulled out the Italian long sword and stabbed the wall. The sword sunk into the wall, like a bullet through flesh. He withdrew his sword from the easily pierced wall and put it back in its sheath. Ahead of them was the door into the gymnasium. The gym was located in the center of the school.
“In there, that’s where she is,” Chase said quietly.
“Who? Who is in there, Chase?” Mike responded.
“The queen,” the girl that just walked in said.
“Who are you?” Mike said drawing his sword.
“My name would be Jana. I am the warrior the hunters called for. You must be Mike, but I don’t know who you are,” she said pointing at Chase.
Chase replied, “Jana? The famous hunter? Wow! My name is Chase. Are you here to help?” Jana nodded her head and walked to the duo. She ran a finger through her golden hair and looked around. The walls appeared fleshier then they did when the boys came in.
“The queen is getting stronger,” Jana said to herself, “but I don’t understand where the other vampires are.”
“Should we go in?” Mike asked, “The sooner we get in there, the faster we can save my friends.” The other two looked at each other and nodded. Drawing their weapons they open the blood stained doors. Looking around they found that the walls weren’t covered with blood.
“I’ve been waiting for you, Mike,” a young girl said.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Jessant, Allison and Mrs. Snow began to prepare the citizens. Armies of blood sucking people were on their way, with the wind in their capes. The only instructions the villagers were given was to swing and don’t stop until no one is left.
Allison put her palms to the sky and the vampires what appeared to be a glass dome. “That should hold them off until the other hunters arrive,” Allison says to herself. Jessant shakes her head and looks down.
“The other hunters? Don’t you know? There are outbursts of vampires all over the world. They’re trying to take the world back,” Mrs. Snow said with a tone of dread in her voice.
A loud pop was heard as the vampires exploded through the barrier. The humans raised their weapons and Allison raised her palms to unleash a spell of light that any vampire sees falls to the ground dead. There are millions of them, Allison realized. Jessant pulled out her katana and stake, Heart, then head, heart then head, she said to herself. The spell hit.
White light seared everything. The villagers cringed and held their arms up to shield their eyes. The vampires halted, stunned by the light. With a slam, no more than 50 vampires hit the ground. The villagers watched in fear as the hole grew, allowing more and more vampires into the atmosphere.
“Where is Alec? Why can’t he fight? I need his help!” Allison cries.
She raised her palms to the hole again to unleash the light, when the vampires burst into flames. Alec appeared with fire in his eyes and Naomi at his back. His cloak was golden with diamond-studded fringes. Naomi stood there with a bow and a quiver of arrows. She pulled the string back and shot an arrow that moved so fast it seemed to glow. It hit a vampire and it hit the ground with so much force that there was a cloud of dust.
“It’s not much, but it’s one less for us to deal with,” Naomi said calmly. Many people seemed uncertain as to what to do. Then the vampires got to the first of the townsfolk.

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..