Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,560 Words
  • 1,189 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trigger The Years Past - 14. Chapter 14: Finding Home

Cheston walked in, welcomed to the sounds of Miracle quietly crying. He headed around the corner of the foyer and the entrance to the living room, it was dark, the only light that shined was from the fire place, and he saw Miracle, sitting on the floor like a child that had gotten hurt. He frowned and dropped his brief case and headed over there and lowered down in front of Miracle.

"It's because of me, isn't it? I heard that you...uh...had Nikolai come over and tried to shoot the window out." Cheston said, hoping that he didn't sound threatening, he figured it was probably the wrong way to start things, but he wasn't sure what to say.

Miracle looked up, tears staining his face. "What are you going to do?"

His eyebrows lifted and he shook his head. "Nothing."

Miracle took several heavy and nervous breaths. "I...just don't understand. I messed up some plans once, I forgot, they slipped my mind! And all we did was hang out..." He shook his head. "Cheston, I chose to love you on my own.." He held his hand up. "I took this ring on my own. And now...you know what you did? All I want to do is throw it at the wall."

Cheston looked down. "Maybe I lost my temper a little to bad, I'm just trying to build our life, Miracle, and I was so excited for that trip, I wanted to do it for you, and it just felt like you wouldn't let me." He looked up at him. "I just, I was upset and angry. Miracle, I just want you to do right in life. Maybe I was..." He trailed off.

"You know what's horrible? To have a love as great as what I had with Jaemin...and then...to finally put myself on the line again...and have it follow with this." Miracle looked away and cried. "But I'll tell you this, love can happen, and it did happen, but love can die too."

He looked at Cheston. "Do you want it to die? Because...once it does, it can't be recreated, even if we want it to." He shook his head. "So you need to decide before it's to late, before you go to far down that road."

Cheston looked up. "I'm sorry for what I did, I was angry, and I remembered the argument and...I realized...it was something I could do..."

"Well, then undo it. Give me the diary...and lets fix it." Miracle sniffled and sat up a little more.

"I can't." Cheston shook his head.

Miracle started crying again. "What? Why?"

"Because there is something that I want that you'd never give me any other way." Cheston said.

"What? What do you want? Just tell me." Miracle closed his eyes tightly.

"Your so beautiful, outside as well as in. And I know you have your flaws, but mostly I blame that on the things that were done to you, I believe if that hadn't of happened, you would be pretty close to perfect, but I love who you are. And I want a child, and it's because of these things that...I want the child to be biologically yours." Cheston admitted.

Miracle's eyes opened and then widened as the confession came out. "But I told you...I...that couldn't happen, I...can't be a parent...I..."

"I know you did, that's why I need the diary, getting angry at what you did, messing up our plans, it just pushed me to finally do it." Cheston shook his head. "I know you look down on yourself, I know you think you're incapable, but...once you see your baby...you will love your child."

Miracle cried and shook his head. "I can't. Don't make me do that. I...can't have a child, it terrifies me, first...I would feel trapped, then I'd be terrified of failing, I'd worry of how it would turn out...Cheston, I'll marry you, I'll love you...but don't make me do that...There are so many reasons why, feelings, things I can't even describe when the concept of me and creating a child are presented to me. The idea of it...is just...unimaginable."

Cheston frowned. "I am really sorry that you are so scared, but it's not like you would be all alone in the matter. I am the one that wants a child, and I know you will want that child too, I know you will when it's born and you lay eyes on it. So...don't you think..you're being a little selfish? Not giving it a chance?"

Miracle's eyes squinted. "Giving it a chance? It's not like you can stick the genie back in the bottle if you make a wish and realize you can't deal with the consequences, oh no, that genie is staying so long as you got those two more wishes. The second of which is the hope to deal, then you either wish to keep the genie for the sake of keeping it safe, or you wish the genie away, then it's final."

"Miracle..."

"Who did you even plan to use as a surrogate anyway?" Miracle asked.

"Susan, my secretary, she agreed to do it, if we ever decided to go through with it." Cheston said.

"So, basically Susan and I are the pawns in making you happy? Except that I'm not a stranger donor, I'll have to see my child born, and I'll have to be here, and raise it, despite how I feel about the entire thing..."

Miracle's face tensed up and he leaned forward, crying. "Did you ever consider, that maybe...I didn't want a child, because I don't want a child to look at me? Or maybe I didn't want to know what it was like when David looked at me? Because...if I did, I would have to wonder how could someone...just do that...and then..." Miracle shook his head. "It's just so much more complex than you could possibly realize for me. Do you even care about any of that at all?"

Cheston reached out and rubbed Miracle's shoulder. "I didn't realize you had such deep issues with it. Honestly, I just thought you were worried about being tied down."

Miracle let out a brief laugh and looked up at Cheston. "That would be the last thing on my list, which is a selfish reason, but my reasons extend so far from that. I told you that it creeped me out when kids looked at me, you don't know what they're thinking. I dealt with David as a kid...and dealing with a kid myself...would be like dealing with myself, worrying about if I'm messing this child up...and I won't know, because I can't tell what it's going to be thinking."

"Miracle, you're not David, you're not a bad person, you wouldn't intentionally mess a child up, and I don't think you just being who you are would mess a child up, I think you could be a parent, and I would be here to help you." Cheston said.

Miracle looked down. "Why argue over it, not like I have a choice, right? You have that diary on me.."

"Please just do this...for me? I...don't want to hold anything over you, I would love to just give it back, for us to be together, be excited to get married, we have a lot of things ahead of us."

Miracle frowned. "Fine, whatever you want." He looked down, fiddling with his ring. "So, when do I get the diary back? After our surrogate is pregnant, I assume."

"Yeah, I kinda want to keep that insurance." Cheston nodded. "Mostly because I know you're going to be to scared to do it and you will really miss out if you don't."

Miracle shook his head. "Miss out...I'd rather my feelings just be respected." Miracle grabbed the edge of the coffee table and pulled himself up.

Cheston stood up. "How do you expect to grow and to mature if you don't learn to push through your fears?"

"There are lots of people in this world that don't have kids because they don't want them for whatever their reasons are." Miracle looked at Cheston. "Just set it up soon, I want my diary back, maybe after all of this, I hope our love isn't gutted." He walked around Cheston and headed up the stairs.

Nikolai's eyes widened and he looked around. "He's blackmailing you into...giving your sperm to his secretary, soon to be surrogate, because he wants a kid, and genetically wants it to be yours?"

Miracle sat on an old crate at the edge of an alley and looked at Nikolai who sat on the ground at the corner of the building, one leg pulled up to his chest. "Yep."

Nikolai grinned, rather shocked and in disbelief. "Man...you should get some other guys sperm."

Miracle's eyebrows lifted. "How the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"Well, guys donate to the sperm banks all the time, what's the difference? Just offer up enough money, find a guy who will do it and not care." Nikolai shrugged.

"Yeah, like Cheston won't notice a big hunk of money coming out of the account." Miracle shook his head. "As psycho as he is on security. The cops told him about shoots and ladders. Surprisingly he wasn't mad."

"He wasn't?" Nikolai looked around. "Good for me." He looked at Miracle. "Can't you use that ten thousand dollars you were telling me about? From your diamond car? If you really had it."

"I really had that diamond Mercedes Benz." Miracle grinned and rolled his eyes. "And I could, that money is still in my own private account, he can't touch it, check it, nothing. He doesn't even know about it."

Nikolai started laughing. "Should get a black guy to do it...I'd love to see him freak out in the delivery room." He then started mocking Cheston, deepening his voice. "Oh my god! What is this shit?! Miracle, what did you do?!" Then he went into a high pitched tone. "Maybe your slut secretary was already pregnant by her suga' daddy!"

Miracle grinned. "It'd really make him hate Susan."

"Nine months...wasted, and I bet he wouldn't pay her a penny..." Nikolai grinned. "You so gotta do it, come on Miracle."

"I don't know, they would probably be able to tell if she was already pregnant, and if so, then he would know I did it on purpose." Miracle shook his head. "Then I would never get the diary back."

"There is a way. He said copies of the keys and the letter was with his lawyer, right?" Nikolai asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, but I don't know who his lawyer is." Miracle said. "And there is no way he'll tell me."

"But if it's the same lawyer dealing with Martin's estate, you'd be concerned about that, right? I bet you wonder where the estate stands right now, is it in limbo, do you have to wait for his conviction, what happens? And since that's part of your business, you have a right to speak to the lawyer." Nikolai nudged the crate with his foot.

"Okay, so I meet the lawyer, find out who he is, how would I even get to search for the file?" Miracle asked.

"That's where your masked man comes in." Nikolai tapped his chest with his thumb in a pointing motion. "Moi." He grinned.

"I'll try...see if I can get him to do it." Miracle said, hopelessly. A grin appeared moments later. "What if you mixed sperm from a bunch of different guys and gambled on it like a roll of dice? We could go on Maury or something, with like ten different guys."

Nikolai started laughing and shook his head. "Biggest DNA test to date!"

"Cheston?!" Miracle called out as he walked in from the garage.

"I'm up here! In the bed room!" Cheston called out.

Miracle's eyebrows lifted and he headed up the stairs and down the hall. He glanced at the study and all the security on the door. His eyes narrowed momentarily and then he walked into the bed room to find Cheston packing luggage. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I managed to hold our spot, for California, I just got the date changed, they said they would hold it if I paid ahead, so that's what I did. It's a really great spot, actually perfect, so I just knew I had to have it for you."

Miracle slowly nodded. "That's great."

Cheston stopped packing and looked at Miracle. "You don't...sound thrilled. In fact, you kind of look like you have something on your mind."

"Well, I kinda do." Miracle walked closer to the bed. "Thanks for...all of this." He shook his head. "I was just concerned about Martin's estate and everything. When are we going to talk to the lawyer and find out what's going on? I kind of feel like everything is in limbo. I mean Martin is in jail, but when do we get it all, like do we have to wait until he is convicted, or what?"

"Oh, I'll speak to him about that." Cheston smiled.

"Well, a big part of it has to do with me, all of Eric's part of it, that's all supposed to be sold, all the profits are supposed to be mine, has a contract even been made up for that? Don't I have to sign any papers? I just feel like I should be there, go with you, I'm concerned and I have questions. I don't know how this is all supposed to work."

Cheston took a deep breath. "Why don't you tell me what you want to know...and I can find out? And my mom can make up a contract herself, you don't have to sign to receive. In fact, we could just call him."

Miracle looked down and nodded, figuring he would act this way about it. "No offense...but I feel like it would feel more professional if we saw him in person. I mean not only is a big part of the estate supposed to be mine, but...whether any of us get it relies on me, I have to go and testify and...that is going to be a horrible experience. I just want to know everything before I go into that, so I know how everything will be after it's over."

Cheston stopped packing and looked at Miracle. "What are you saying? You do know, testimony or not, those text messages damn him, with or without your testimony. Plus, they already have your taped statement, if you didn't testify, you would just avoid cross examination, and...you're likely going to have a subpoena anyway."

"Unless...my story changed." Miracle's eyebrows lifted. "This might be playing Russian Roulette...but suppose I admitted to hacking Martin's phone, suppose...Wayne had his own reasons for wanting to rape and kill me? It was kind of weird how he fixated on me like he did. I had to defend myself...and then in the heat of the moment, I saw a way to save myself from the danger that I felt Martin put me in."

Cheston slowly shook his head. "And you don't think they won't question the idea that you might of set Wayne up too? I would really rethink that."

Miracle looked up. "Damn it!" He grabbed one of the suit cases and slung it across the room, sending clothes flying everywhere. "All I have are concerns! Can you stop being paranoid for one fucking day, and let me talk to the lawyer about the estate?! Because if not, you can just kiss your baby and your fucking marriage good bye!" He yanked the ring off his finger and threw it on the bed. "And then...I don't care, turn the diary in to the cops."

Cheston's eyes widened at Miracle's sudden outburst and then he looked at the mess all over the floor and his eyes shifted to the ring on the bed. "Okay...you know what, that hurt."

Miracle stood there and cried. "Then trust me...just trust me...you have to trust me or this is how it will be. Our relationship will burn...first you lose the trust...and then everything else falls apart."

"Okay, we'll talk to the lawyer, but please, after the trip?" Cheston asked.

"That's fine, I want this trip too...but I have concerns and we need to address them." Miracle sat on the bed and wiped his face with his hands.

Cheston picked up the ring and walked over to Miracle and held out his hand. "Let me put it back on?"

Miracle looked up, and after a moment of stubborn hesitation, he stuck his hand out and let Cheston slip the ring back onto his finger.

"There." Cheston frowned. "I am so sorry..." He let go of Miracle's hand. "I'll clean up the mess, if you could, go find George to come and get the rest of the luggage? And check yours, make sure it's all right?"

"Sure." Miracle stood up and walked out of the room, stepping over the mess of clothes.

"I think...I forgot to give him his medicine." Cheston sighed. "That was an outburst..." He mumbled.

Miracle looked up at the trees that shaded the dirt path as Cheston drove the rental car. He then looked out through the windshield as they approached the two story wooden cabin and Cheston stopped and parked the car. Miracle pushed the passenger side door open and stepped out, looking around in wonder. There was something oddly familiar about the place. He then headed to the porch and noticed the porch swing.

"Do you like it?" Cheston asked as he headed to the door and started to unlock it.

"Open the door." Miracle turned towards Cheston.

"Okay." He smiled and opened the door and they came into a narrow foyer like entrance that was exposed by the large opening to the living room and the stairs were along the left wall, straight across from the door.

Miracle walked inside and looked around and then he looked into the living room, the furniture was different but he could picture the memories, not just the old ones, but new ones that were forming, almost like quick flashes right before his eyes, those eyes that were starting to tear up. "We did live in America..."

"What?" Cheston looked at Miracle.

"This is where I lived...when I was a child..." Miracle looked at Cheston. "Did my parents tell you where it was?"

Cheston slowly shook his head. "I swear...I had no idea." He said, just as shocked as Miracle, wondering how fate could work in such ways.

"Come on." Miracle grabbed his hand and rushed through the living room and into the kitchen where there was a sliding glass door and he opened it and stepped out onto the back porch and it opened right onto a large sandy beach.

"This is it...the picture from my locket." Tears ran down Miracle's face. "It was from here..." He looked around. "It was this beach..."

Cheston slowly smiled. "You got to come home..."

Miracle turned around. "And you swear they didn't tell you?"

Cheston shook his head. "I swear, you can call them and ask them. I chose this place because it was specifically what I was looking for, for you."

"It was specifically...because it was it." Miracle turned around and looked out at the ocean.

Cheston smiled and gently rubbed Miracle's shoulders. "This makes me so happy for you."

Miracle brought his hands up over his mouth, letting out a breath, wanting to cry, overwhelmed with emotions, different and mixed emotions. Sad for lost times yet happy that he was lead back here.

"Cheston?" He turned around and looked at him. "You have to stop doing what you're doing...I can't be here, I can't rediscover this place...with a bad person." He shook his head and placed his hand on Cheston's chest. "So...if you love me...at all..."

Cheston looked down and took Miracle's hand and held onto it with both hands. "Okay, it's over." He looked up. "I still want a baby, I hope this place reminds you...that it can be wonderful, but if you decide that you can't...I understand, I'll have to. I won't ruin this for you."

"It does." Miracle cried and looked down. "The sad thing is...it also reminds me of how it can all just get taken away..."

"We're not your parents, I wouldn't ever let the same thing happen, and I'm sure they wouldn't either, if they could go back. And you know what? If you want, I'll buy this place for you, I don't care how much it takes to bribe the owners out of it, I'll get it back for you." He nodded and brought Miracle's hand up, kissing his knuckles.

Miracle smiled a little and nodded. "I would like that."

"Then it's done." He let go of Miracle's hand and pulled him into a hug, holding him close.

Miracle closed his eyes and clung to Cheston's shirt and took careful breaths as he felt himself calming down.

Cheston broke the kiss and looked down at Miracle from his position above him, supporting himself on his arms. He grinned and shook his head. "Wait, are you sure this wasn't your room?"

Miracle opened his eyes and then shivered beneath Cheston, smooth thighs rubbed along his hips and he lightly laughed. "I'm sure, for one, they were nearest the stairs in case of a predator...and for two, who gives the kid the master? Well, at least until I'm old enough to know what I want...and ask for it." He grinned.

"Well..." Cheston kissed his way down Miracle's neck and along his chest, careful to avoid the small bandage. "You get me lots more photos, more than your mom gave me...and I'll make this place an exact replica." He looked up. "And...if you decide to give us a baby.." He paused and grinned as he leaned forward and kissed Miracle. "Hopefully it'd be a boy, otherwise it would wreck my whole idea, but I could live with it."

Miracle grinned and shook his head, wrapping his arms around Cheston as he leaned up and kissed him deeply, pulling him down, clinging to him, pressing his body against Cheston's until desire for him drowned out every other thought. Cheston's response was instant, his passion and need matching Miracle's as his hips pushed forward and he grinded into him.

Cheston's warm lips left Miracle's and started down his neck, a moan escaping. His hips continued to grind against Miracle as his hands ran up those smooth thighs, like they were drifting across silk, his body was like the perfect dream, ready and waiting, begging to be touched. Miracle clung tighter to Cheston and pulled his body closer as he felt those hands, gliding up and over his sides. It was only a moment later that he finally felt Cheston push in, and he wasted no time drawing back only to thrust forward, full and deep.

Miracle's eyes widened as his thighs clung to Cheston, as did his arms and then he closed his eyes and let out a long held breath, a sigh of bliss just in the moment that Cheston pulled back and then a quick cry of pleasure when he thrusted in again. His eyes opened and his arms loosened as he laid back into the bed and he watched Cheston sit up, legs tucked under him as he pulled Miracle's lower body closer and continued to thrust into him. He watched, taking in the sight of Cheston's body, that tanned athletic build, the slight bit of chest hair, hardly any to be considered awful, but enough to go with that rugged look that he had been attracted to.

One hard pound jerked Miracle out of his haze as he felt the bed shake beneath him and his back arched, his feet pressed down into the bed and his toes curled into the sheets, as did his fingers as he clung and pulled at them, his eyes shut tight and he bit his bottom lip and a small grunt muffled from him each time his body shook with every pound from Cheston.

Cheston sighed with pleasure and then he grinned and looked down at Miracle, his hands ran down those smooth thighs and then over his baby smooth stomach and continued up his chest as he leaned forward, aside from the bandage and the scar beneath, he couldn't get over how perfect Miracle was. His body was like a perfect doll, and for a moment, for just a moment, he could understand why the scar would upset him so much. However the pleasure was all consuming and brief thoughts were just that, brief.

Miracle's eyes were closed, but he could sense Cheston's closeness as he leaned over again, his body heat, like the soft warmth of a blanket so close. He wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him close, his own hips rocking with the motions, while Cheston was slow but firm and hard, making sure each thrust in would count, the way he pushed in and then held it there, sending him so close to the edge and then he would grind and pull back.

Cheston captured Miracle's lips again in a kiss as hot as fire, but as sweet as candy as he made love to Miracle. Continuing with his teases until finally he decided not to prolong it any further. His pace picked up, his hips began to rise and fall in quick thrusts as he felt Miracle's soft warmth surrounding him and then he slowed down and pushed in as far as he could, and as hard as he could, with that final thrust. Then his eyes opened and he looked down, as if he had just the confidence to know what it might cause.

Miracle's breathing grew heavier and clearly he sounded more nervous, though he wasn't nervous, it was merely the lust filled pleasure attacking his every nerve as his face scrunched up and he held in a breath before releasing it in a drawn out moan and shot multiple times across his stomach and up towards his chest.

Cheston lifted up on his arms and grinned, looking down to watch Miracle release and then he lowered, not caring that he would get the mess on him as it smeared between them as he resumed thrusting deep and hard, heavy breaths filled the air and he grunted, thrusting harder and moments later, he shut his eyes tight and his mouth started to close in temptation to clench his teeth, but then his mouth fell open again to release the loud grunt that would accompany his release as he filled Miracle with the warm release that he had to offer.

Miracle's hips continued to roll and grind beneath Cheston and he gasped and moaned in quick rounds as he felt that warm release and even then, for a few sweet moments longer, he continued, as did Cheston and then Miracle finally came to a stop soon before Cheston did.

Cheston's eyes widened and then he rolled over and collapsed onto the bed beside Miracle, breathing heavily.

Miracle stared up at the ceiling, not sure what to say, not sure how he felt, this was the first time he had sex since Jaemin, the first time that it was supposed to be meaningful anyway. His head slowly rolled over to the side and he looked at Cheston.

Cheston looked at Miracle. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just...the first time in a long time..." He looked down. "I mean, the first time that it meant anything."

He rolled over onto his side and looked at Miracle. "Do you feel bad?"

Miracle looked down. "I don't want to ruin it by talking about him." He looked up at Cheston. "I'm so sorry that it's taking so much time..."

"Shhh..." Cheston leaned forward and slowly kissed Miracle. "You don't have to apologize. It hurt you bad, I'm the first person you've been with since then, in any kind of romantic way, I understand that your feelings might be conflicted."

Miracle rolled over. "It's just...different. Not bad...just new." Miracle returned the kiss and smiled. "I...I'm glad we finally took it to that level, that we finally reached it."

"Yeah." Cheston looked down. "And I can understand why you freaked about the scar. Not that it bothers me, or that the bandage does, but you are just...perfection, I can understand why you'd hate to have that ruined."

Miracle looked up and nodded. "Yeah, it really upset me." He shifted closer to Cheston and draped an arm across his chest, laying his head on his chest right after. "But that's why I'm having my treatments. Thanks for rushing an appointment before we came here." He looked up and smiled. "Means four to go."

Cheston smiled. "I can't wait till you take that bandage off for the last time...and it's gone, what will be the most rewarding...is seeing how happy you will be."

Miracle smiled and nodded. "Well, tomorrow we get to run in the waves...and make the day of it."

"Yeah, I think I could picture you...like a child again." Cheston sighed with content. "Don't you see why, if we had a child, I would want it to be yours? You're so special."

"Maybe it can happen, it just scares me." Miracle closed his eyes.

Miracle and Cheston walked into the lawyers office. Miracle sat down beside Cheston on the other side of the desk.

"Sorry to bother you Quinn, it's just that Miracle had a few concerns over the estate and...he wanted to come personally and ask some questions." Cheston nodded.

Quinn smiled. "Not a bother." He looked over at Miracle. "Finally nice to meet you, not getting shot, that is. I was at the party, got kind of crazy."

"Yeah, I know." Miracle smiled slightly and waved his hand dismissively. "Okay, what I want to know is what happens to the estate? Does it just hang in the air until a conviction?"

Quinn slowly nodded. "Precisely. Because, you see, it can't be passed on if he has a chance of being found not guilty, or he otherwise doesn't go to prison. The will actually says if he dies or goes to prison, as in, gets convicted for something, everything was to go into Eric's control. Martin never bothered to change it upon Eric's death, so naturally everything would go to the wife, Maria, and she has already drawn papers to split everything with Cheston in half, the only exception is that all of Eric's belongings go to auction and any returning profits goes...to you."

Miracle nodded. "Okay, so we have to wait for trial, go through it, hope he's convicted..."

Quinn nodded. "Pretty much how it was made up. The man isn't going to risk getting lucky and walking out and having all the money and power fall upon Maria." He lightly laughed.

"But he's still stupid, I mean he would have appeals." Miracle said.

"Of course he would, that was assuming Eric was alive, and would rightfully give it back, see on the will, it says if Martin is ever free from a prison sentence, he gets over fifty percent of whatever Eric has, financially, to which Eric agreed. But that rule doesn't apply to Maria, she gets it free and clear upon conviction, but because of the papers shes drawn up, that's split between her, Cheston, and Eric's auction earnings go to you, all free and clear, you just have to have that conviction." Quinn nodded.

Cheston looked over at Miracle. "Satisfied?"

Miracle glanced at the name sign on the desk and then he looked up at Cheston and nodded before smiling at Quinn. "Well, we'll just have to wait for the day." He looked at Cheston. "Hope it doesn't take as long as Jodi Arias..."

Quinn laughed. "From what I hear, he is considering pushing for a speedy trial, against his defense attorney's wishes, but they denied him bail, mostly because of the shooting incident, this charge gave the whole attempted push theory much more credit. And he doesn't like being held."

"Well, I hope it goes through, the idea of testifying in like...years later, that's like...really?" Miracle squinted his eyes at Quinn. "You could be moved on by then, and they want to drag you back there."

"Well, if it helps, I'll try to talk him into it, I'll tell him you guys were snooping around the money." He looked at Cheston. "If that is okay?"

Cheston took a deep breath. "If Miracle wants a speedy trial, help out in whatever way you can." He stood up and took Miracle's hand as he stood up. "It was great seeing you."

Quinn stood up and smiled, shaking Cheston's hand. "Always a pleasure."

"So formal..." Miracle looked between them. "I'd thumb wrestle instead." He grinned at Quinn and then turned around and pulled Cheston out of the office.

Miracle climbed into the passenger seat of Cheston's car and pulled his seat belt on. He then took his phone out and started sending a text to Nikolai as Cheston started driving. He gave Nikolai all the information about the lawyer and told him not to text back right now.

"So, I thought maybe we could go talk to Susan? I know you still aren't sure, but I figured, since I already talked to her about it...maybe you should too? I mean it's just as much a concern as this was." Cheston glanced at Miracle. "Who are you texting?"

"Uh...okay." Miracle said, quickly deleting his text from his sent folder. "I was going to have Lacey meet us for lunch, good thing I didn't hit send." He cleared his phone to the home screen and shoved it in his pocket and looked at Cheston. "Yeah, if you think it's a good idea."

Cheston closed the door to the conference room at the office and looked between Susan and Miracle and then took a seat at the table. "Okay, so we'll have all the privacy in the world here, shops closed, so to speak."

Miracle stared at Susan, she reminded him of Martha, it was almost sickening. "I'd rather Melanie be the surrogate." Miracle's eyes narrowed and he looked at Cheston. "But God didn't see fit for that to happen."

"Or someone else didn't see fit for that to happen." Cheston looked at Miracle. "Sorry, I didn't mean that, I just think it's crap that she had to die over such a dumb reason." He then paused and looked up. "Is there anything wrong with Susan?"

Susan crossed her arms and slightly narrowed her eyes.

"For one, she reminds me of my adoptive mother, who I hated, two...now shes reminding me of Sarah...who I hated, at first." Miracle looked at Susan.

"So she reminds you of people?" Cheston looked between them. "Why don't you try getting to know her?"

Miracle grinned and let out a brief mocking laugh. "You're the one that said you wanted this baby to be mine...biologically, because I looked so perfect. Well...it took two to make me." He looked at Cheston. "You know my parents, do you think she has the potential to make a child like me? You'd be better off getting Rachel to do it, Skylar wasn't that bad, combine Skylar and me, wouldn't be to bad of a job."

Cheston started to speak, but then Miracle continued. "Or better! Paula could do it! She was Melanie's mom. Why not?"

Susan frowned and stood up. "I didn't come here to be insulted."

"Susan, I am so sorry, please stay, sit." Cheston looked at Miracle. "Wasn't Paula also Jaemin's mom? You'd be having Jaemin's sibling, kinda morbid."

Miracle went quiet as Susan sat down and then he looked at Cheston. "I...didn't even think of that." Miracle looked down at the table thoughtfully, wondering how he would feel about such a concept.

"Miracle, the baby would remind you, constantly remind you. Suppose the child just takes after the right genes, ends up looking like Jaemin instead of you? Could happen if the baby takes more after Paula."

"That is if Jaemin took after Paula, and not Brenden, could of took more after his dad." Miracle said. "Just a fact." He looked at Susan. "What if the baby takes more after her?"

Cheston wanted to let his face hit the table. "Did we really come here to argue? I needed to find a surrogate and I found one."

"Hey, I haven't even said if I wanted to yet. I am just humoring right now, for the sake of it, in case I decide to." Miracle sat back.

"What is wrong with Susan, exactly?" Cheston asked.

"First, shes blonde..."

"Your blonde! Not even a real one! You make it that way!" Cheston almost wanted to laugh. "I'd love to see what you look like not so."

"I'm a guy, and it looks good, and..that detail is part of a story." Miracle sighed. "Shes blonde, her hair doesn't reach her shoulders, given she is younger than Martha, but that is how that woman wore her hair. The woman was a stepford wife nightmare. I got welcomed home from a party by her in an apron with a pan of cookies." He looked at Susan. "Shes being quiet right now, but I'll bet shes got Sarah's self righteous attitude, at least the one she came with before she chilled out and got cool."

"This is ridiculous. I'm being compared to his adoptive mother?" Susan shook her head. "Cheston, thanks, but ultimately, it's his sperm, if he doesn't want to use me, you can't make him."

"Susan." Cheston reached out and grabbed her hand. "Miracle, I can assure you that Susan is not like that, get to know her, I was going to move her into the house through the duration. Who else is there? I doubt any of your friends want to carry around a baby."

Miracle looked at their hands and then grinned. "Wait a minute..." He looked at Cheston. "How do I know you can't make a baby? And how do I know..that this isn't a trick, and you two just want mine so you can make a baby and run away with it?"

Cheston looked at their hands and then he looked at Susan and pulled his hand away. "Miracle, that's insane."

Miracle laughed. "So that's the real story, you just want mine because you like my genes? Because I turned out so physically perfect? How do you know the baby won't inherit one of my mental disorders or something? David might not of caused all of them."

"That's not true." Cheston said.

"Then you won't mind me looking up surrogates myself?" Miracle asked.

"Like what? On a site or something? Hell no, first of all, they might not cooperate and live in the house, second of all, they could be drug heads, they could run away with the baby, or blackmail us out of money.." Cheston shook his head.

"And I'm insane?" Miracle grinned. "Any excuse to put her up in running first place."

Cheston frowned.

Miracle shook his head. "I don't even know if I want to go through with it. If I do, I want some time to think about it, kind of feels unfair that I have no say in the surrogate." He stood up and headed out of the conference room.

Susan looked over at Cheston and tried to put on a smile. "I'm sure he'll do it, maybe if I go have a make over..."

Cheston sighed. "It's stupid if you'd have to do that. Tell you what though, go for the hooker look, lots of attention seeking make up, same with the clothes." He looked up. "Don't cut your hair any shorter, I think he hates it, the shorter it is. Just...curl, wave it, or something. I'll tell you something about Melanie, she had red hair, or strawberry blonde, depending on how one looks at it, just dark enough that one could call it a really light red."

"Uh...would dying it even help? He's thinking of the genetics of his child." Susan said.

"But...you're not really blonde." Cheston grinned. "Say you went back to your original color...and we'll just hope the kid comes out as much like Miracle as I hope."

"Huh...you better hope." Susan grabbed her purse and gathered her things.

Cheston shook his head, not being all that serious about a make over.

The door to the lock had finally been picked when he heard the light click and he pulled his tools out and put them back in the box and slipped them into the pocket of his black sweat pants that matched his black sweat shirt and the hooded mask on his face.

He opened the door and made his way into the office, leather gloves worn on his hands and his gun was withdrawn from his other pocket as he went into the back and heard typing from a computer.

He looked down the hall and as he walked closer, his eyes squinted and he looked at the door that was left ajar and could barely make out the name on the sign, it was the right lawyer after all. How lucky could someone get? Or unlucky if this plan blows up in his face.

Nikolai walked into the office and quickly aimed the gun on the startled man.

Quinn immediately stopped what he was doing and held his hands up, his eyes widened. "W...what are you doing?! What do you want?!"

Nikolai grinned and walked around the desk. "Just a file...and I think you have it." He sat on the corner of the desk and brought the gun to the side of Quinn's face. "A recent file that Cheston King brought to you, a folder, a letter to his mother? Not just a letter, it also would contain items inside of it, I'm sure you could feel the items when you handled it."

Quinn slowly shook his head. "I can't give that to you, I can't betray him."

Nikolai laughed. "Is betraying him really going to matter if I blow a bullet through your cheek?" He pressed the gun to Quinn's cheek and then his smile faded. "Give me the file."

"Okay...just give me a minute." Quinn took in a breath and then opened his drawer and pulled out the keys and turned towards the filing cabinet and opened the proper drawer and went through it until he found the manila envelope and then he closed the cabinet and locked it back, tossing the envelope on the desk.

"Open it." Nikolai demanded. "Don't you dare see the letter. I just want to see the items."

Quinn nodded and opened the envelope and poured out the items, being careful not to take out the letter, a card key and three normal keys poured out.

Nikolai looked at the card key and then the three regular keys. One for the door to the office and the other two for the safe. "Okay, put the items back into the envelope and seal it."

Quinn quickly nodded, and in a nervous rush, he put the items back and securely sealed the envelope before Nikolai snatched it from him.

"Are you going to kill me?" Quinn asked, staring at his desk.

He held the envelope and thought about what Quinn asked. "Well, if I let you go, you will report all of this to Cheston, not to mention the police, and I damn sure don't want to go back to lock up. And Cheston will know who I am."

"I won't tell." Quinn shook his head.

"He'll know when these keys are used to access what he wants his mother to find, dumbass." He looked at Quinn. "Get up." Nikolai stood up and waved the gun.

Quinn closed his eyes and slowly stood up and then cried when he was pushed around the desk, feeling the gun shoved into his back.

"Take me to your car." He said as he followed Quinn out of the side door to the back parking and soon they reached Quinn's car. "Open the trunk." Nikolai demanded.

Quinn took a deep and nervous breath as he fished out the keys and then jerked to the side when Nikolai fired two rounds into the top of the trunk for ventilation. "Open it, hurry, before someone comes, then toss your cell phone, give me your keys and climb in."

Quinn nervously nodded, unlocking the trunk and then he handed his keys to Nikolai, tossing his cell phone to the ground, before climbing in. Nikolai shut the trunk and then quickly walked to the drivers side and climbed in, starting the car with the keys and he speeded off, wanting to get out of the area as soon as possible.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..