Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,237 Words
  • 648 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trigger The Years Past - 31. Chapter 31: Dream Of Me

"Twenty three year old Lacey Locklear was found safely and has returned home to family in her native country of Australia without comment. Cheston King, Attorney to Martin Alexis was reported to have asked his step father to have her kidnapped for reasons unknown, and has since plead guilty to the crime, no further information is known. Martin Alexis plead guilty just before closing arguments, we assume this change in plea was due to the loss of his lawyer and he has been convicted to twenty five years in prison with the possibility of parole in fifteen. We will report further as information comes in."

Miracle sat beside Godfrey in the waiting room as he listened to the news woman on television and took a deep breath. "Yep, I think it's safe to say...I'll be wanting to flee to safer pastures."

"You really think he would hold a grudge?" Godfrey asked.

Miracle's eyebrows lifted and he just looked at him.

"Mr. Ashmaine said he would see you now." The receptionist spoke to both boys.

Miracle got up and took Godfrey's hand and headed into the back and walked into Quinn's office. Poor man still didn't know he had part in what Nikolai did to him, just one more guy protecting him from one more crime. "Hi, we met once. You remember?"

Quinn looked up and smiled. "Yes, you're the new Mr. King." His smile faded. "It's unfortunate, what happened."

Miracle walked in with Godfrey and sat down.

"Should I be here?" Godfrey asked.

Miracle looked at him. "Come in, sit down, it's all fine." He then looked at Quinn. "It is, truly...but he wanted to save my friend." Miracle spoke sincerely, his love for Cheston was not a lie and though the marriage was supposed to be a scam, despite the fact that it turned out the way Rumor had planned, for Miracle, it had been real, and as far as he was concerned, Rumor was dead.

Godfrey nodded and sat down and looked over at Quinn.

"So, how is everything working?" Miracle asked.

"Well, being that he took a plea deal, there is no need to wait for a conviction as one is most certain, so according to the papers, you can inherit everything today as far as the rules are concerned." Quinn explained.

Miracle grinned. "Rules?" He couldn't help but to laugh. "Sorry, just felt like you were talking to me like a kid."

Quinn leaned forward. "Miracle, you have the fortune of holding onto...an innocence...that your years, by law, escape." He paused. "It's just a nice way of saying that you look younger than you are...and so, please take no offense, if I...habitually see you as that."

Miracle grinned and grabbed a pen and twirled it around in both of his hands as he leaned back in his chair. "None taken."

"And I should also say, I would be honored if I were given the opportunity to maintain my job as the family attorney."

Godfrey shook his head and almost wanted to laugh at the man.

Miracle did let a laugh escape, for a second. "Well, unfortunately, we're fleeing to safer lands to build my fairytale kingdom." His eyes widened and he held the pen up and pointed it at Quinn. "Don't want the dark knight getting out of prison in fifteen years with a grudge, ya know?"

Godfrey hinted a grin and brought his hand up close to his mouth, idly picking at his lips.

Quinn looked disappointed and nodded. "So, I just need to know how this is going to work?"

"Well, Maria's money shares will go to Rayne Dacre so long as she carries my child, the account will be in your control, but she gets a copy of the contract and is not to be denied money for anything relating to care for herself or the baby. The child, upon birth, that account goes to my parents for the baby, in which time, they get control over that account as their own, as I know they will use that money to take care of the baby. On that note, I will need guardianship papers drawn up in order to give them equal parental rights."

Quinn nodded as he wrote all of this down, knowing new papers will have to be drawn up for these changes that were being made, since obviously Miracle was not taking it all for himself.

"From there, I get the rest of the money, and I want the private jet. The house, my husbands house, that goes to my parents and my child. Should anything happen to both of my parents, and my child is of age, it goes to my child, if not, it comes back to me. The island home in New York, a house I am unfortunately familiar with, have it smashed with a wrecking ball. Oh, and where ever Maria lived, the family home, Cheston called it, that gets sold, money goes to Lacey, as a gift for the crime committed against her. As for any of Eric's left over property, the boat he escaped on, his helicopter, that's sold and those profits are mine."

Quinn continued writing down all of these changes, his eyebrows lifted and his eyes widened.

"I think you just gave him a days worth of work." Godfrey grinned at Miracle. "You can be complicated."

Miracle grinned. "I'm just trying to be fair." He then bit down on the end of the pen.

"Okay...I will need to have all these papers drawn up, I will need you present, along with your parents and Miss Dacre." Quinn looked up. "Lacey went back to Australia, according to the news. Is that correct?"

Miracle nodded. "Yeah, so that will have to be done through mail, but it's only one contract concerning Maria's house, or rather the money from it's sale, so that should be simple, I'll sign, and then you just mail it for her signature and then she can mail it back."

Quinn nodded in compliance. "Okay." He took a deep breath. "Are there any other changes you'd like made? As far as you're concerned, you merely want Cheston's money shares and Martin's money, along with his private jet." He stared at Miracle, hoping he had his mind made up.

"Yep, that's all settled, that's how everything should be placed." Miracle smiled.

"One more thing I would also recommend is also a contract if anything were to happen to you..." Quinn hated to ask for one more task, but as the family attorney, for at least a little longer, he was still loyal to the family interests.

"Oh, me. Okay, well, multiple situations. If I die, all my stuff goes to who ever I'm married to. If I'm not married, it goes to my parents, if they're dead, it goes to my child, or who ever is taking care of my child, if my child is still...a child." Miracle's eyebrows lifted. "And if I get convicted of anything, kinda like Martin and Cheston did, well...same deal." Miracle nodded.

Quinn nodded and jotted it down. "Okay, come back and see me Monday, bring with you the persons I mentioned and we will have this all settled.

Miracle nodded. "Not a problem." He leaned forward and licked the top of the pen and then closed his mouth around it as he slowly pulled it out. "Dream of me?" He then laid the pen down before Quinn who stared right at him.

Miracle grinned and pulled back as he got up and grabbed Godfrey by the hand and tugged him up as they both walked out of the mans office.

"You are so bad." Godfrey laughed, shaking his head.

Miracle turned around, walking backwards. "So bad, I'm good? But then, you haven't found out yet either." He laughed and turned around, walking through the waiting room and headed outside.

"Wait, Miracle." Godfrey followed him outside. "I couldn't help it, but...nothing was given to me."

Miracle stopped at the car and turned around. "My deal is the same as Cheston's." He held his hand up. "Once everything's settled, once everything goes where it should and it's all final, set in stone, the divorce will go through...and if you marry me, you know how I set it up, the same way Cheston did with me." Miracle paused. "Though, if you proposed immediately, I'd question it."

"You don't trust me?" Godfrey asked.

"I trust you, but you just complained about not getting anything, so how would I know you didn't just do it to get something?" Miracle tilted his head to the side. "Step in my shoes for a second, could you blame me?"

Godfrey shook his head. "Nah, I couldn't. I'd think the same way." He smiled. "I trust you, though, I know you care about Cheston, you should know something he said."

"What?" Miracle asked.

"He told me...that I might just be another guy that fucks you...and then you fuck me in the end." Godfrey shook his head. "I take that with a grain of salt, I just wondered if that's how he felt about himself or what he thought about you...or maybe both."

Miracle frowned. "Well, it's like you said, he chose to do what he did. I didn't make him save Lacey...and what was she to him? He could of not done it, who knows what I'd of thought or said...but it was his choice, we agreed on that."

Godfrey nodded. "Well, lets go home, talk about where to build that...fairytale kingdom?" He grinned.

Miracle walked with Godfrey up to the tattoo shop, seeing Rayne, Mysti and some guy hanging out at a fold out table in the center of the room. "Who's that?"

"It's Remi...was the badass of the bunch. He was...very protective of Oliver, and he had to be pretty tough to handle being with Rayne. She can be mean, punching you in the stomach if she thinks you made a dumbass comment, well, it's like her way of laughing at it. Then she does laugh at it."

"Mean Cookie..." Miracle grinned. "That should be her nick name." Miracle grabbed Godfrey by the shirt and pushed the door open, tugging him in. "Hey, guys!"

Rayne's eyes widened as her gaze fell on Godfrey. "Oh my god...after all this time." She stood up. "You ran off like a chicken..." She started to walk towards him.

"Rayne!" Miracle scolded her. "You, my boyfriend, and my baby, are not getting into a fight."

"The hell if I won't then." Remi stood up and walked towards Rayne.

"First of all, Cheston was the one that didn't call the damn ambulance." Miracle looked over at Remi.

Rayne narrowed her eyes. "Miracle, I am going to respectfully ask you to shut up, he needs to answer for what happened that night."

"Pretty fucking nice for someone who's going to have a lot of money for the next nine months, thanks to me." Miracle glared at her.

"Miracle, stop." Godfrey frowned and pulled Miracle back and looked at Rayne. "And you didn't have to be that harsh to him, though is it possible for you not to be? Your sister got the better genes."

Rayne started to sob. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry for not having a sensitive nerve!" She stopped her fake sobbing. "Just tell it."

"If you'd like to know, Cheston paid for what he did." Godfrey said.

Miracle's eyes widened. "Don't." He mumbled.

"Why did Oliver die? So what, Cheston didn't call the ambulance. Were you too dumb to use Oliver's phone?" Rayne crossed her arms.

"Yes, Rayne! Okay, I was too dumb to check for Oliver's phone! I was upset, he was beaten and he was having a seizure and the whole thing was a nightmare! I bet you wouldn't have even been able to keep a stone cold face! By the time I could think straight, he was gone, I don't even know how long he had been seizing before I got there!" Godfrey sighed.

"So, what do you mean, Cheston paid?" Rayne asked.

"Want to meet Rumor, top of the grapevine?" Godfrey stared at Rayne. "I'm right here, and Cheston fucked himself right into a corner when he had Lacey kidnapped, I was just lucky to be listening in at the time, then I left him no choice but the strategy he had to use to get Martin to give her up, which required him to destroy himself."

"Oh my god..." Rayne grinned in surprise. "So you really fucking meant it when you left those little notes behind and vanished..."

"He's the top of the grapevine?" Remi questioned, somewhat skeptical.

"It's crazy, but it makes sense." Rayne crossed her arms. "Wow, congratulations, you did something really fucking awesome, even made me admire the idea of you, until you actually contacted me."

Godfrey nodded. "I hate what happened to Oliver, it was never about him, they couldn't stand that I was with him, that I was pulling away. If I knew that would happen, I'd of selflessly given him up to protect him."

He looked down. "But that's the past..." He looked up at Rayne. "I'm with Miracle now...and he has a habit of making his own rules and managing to get out of messes, so with that connection, I hope, we can find common ground."

Rayne nodded. "I think you would have. And yeah, the past is the past, and Miracle can handle his own, I think. So...truce."

Mysti stood up and shook her head. "So, what do you think? Rayne did black walls, I want to put some glow in the dark things around."

Godfrey looked around. "Don't do glow in the dark, whatever lighting you have will kill it. Use black lights if you want, though."

Miracle grabbed Godfrey's hand and pulled him over to the table and shoved him into a chair and then sat in his lap, wrapping his arms around his neck.

Rayne fell into the seat next to Remi. "Black lights..." She looked at Mysti. "Okay, we're doing black lights."

Mysti nodded. "That's fine, I also want some of those electricity balls, I love touching them."

"Ever wonder what would happen to you if you busted one?" Remi asked, a grin appeared.

"You'd get electrocuted and die." Rayne laughed.

Miracle grinned. "You should take that back wall...and make it a stone wall and put up blue lights and make it a waterfall..."

Rayne looked at the back wall. "Sounds like a cool idea..."

Godfrey's eyebrows lifted. "Uh oh...I saw you on that show...so I know, you won't stop."

Miracle looked at Godfrey. "You did?" He grinned. "I told you, get me going on some decorating." He laughed.

"We got a decorating monster now." Mysti grinned at Rayne.

"Hey, any ideas from him, he's paying for...so I don't care." She laughed. "If it's fun for him."

"Oh no, financial monster, I'm going to have to keep him from going broke." Godfrey playfully covered Miracle's mouth.

"How could he go broke with the whole empire?" Mysti asked.

"Well, for one, he's taking one of the perfectly good, profitable houses...and having a wrecking ball taken to it." Godfrey said.

"Why?" Rayne asked.

"Because, Eric, Martin's son, hosted a party there, forced me to be his date, then made my ex adoptive mom, take my friend Robin, who he was holding captive, and made her cut Robin open and her fetus fell out." Miracle explained.

Everyone stared at Miracle and went dead silent.

"So, I'm taking a wrecking ball to that bitch." Miracle shrugged. "Screw the money."

Miracle looked at Godfrey after a pause for thought. "I should have that filmed, I could go there and get Gavin to put it on the documentary."

Godfrey and the others remained dead silent.

"So!" Godfrey fell on the couch. "Where is this fairytale land going?"

Miracle looked thoughtful. "I don't know, I still have to explain this all to my parents, something tells me, they won't be to happy."

"What? The abandoning kid thing? Miracle, I know you might feel bad, but the thing is, I just feel like, you're still too much of a kid yourself. You have so much to work through, a child needs all of you and..I don't think you can give that right now."

"Yeah, that thing." Miracle nodded. "But, I see what you're saying. I mean if it were my choice, if I could undo it, I would, but I don't believe in abortion. I mean, I don't hate people that do it, I'm sure they all have their reasons and I think, like anything, innocent until proven guilty. If I were a woman, I don't think I'd of wanted one of Brad's friends rape babies. But, to me, this situation with Rayne, the child exists, it wasn't made from anything bad, so why murder it?"

Godfrey nodded in understanding. "I wouldn't expect you to. And...maybe one day I can get to know your parents better, but from what I read, something tells me that they would do anything for you."

"They would." Miracle smiled. "They love me."

"So, where are we going? I'm in suspense." Godfrey smiled.

"I don't know, so many places to pick." Miracle said, thoughtfully. "I mean, I've done a bit of it all."

"Well, Chicago's your closest New York, if you want to have something like that back. Or...if you want small town, there's plenty of that everywhere." Godfrey suggested.

"I would have to see pictures. I don't know what I would think of Chicago." Miracle started to laugh. "I've always had this thing where I hate certain words...husband was actually one of them, but I've managed to use it without cringing."

"Why do you hate husband?" Godfrey laughed.

"Just the way it sounds, I'd of come up with better words for it. If I were good at making up jumbles of speakable letters and applying meanings to them."

"Partners?" Godfrey suggested.

Miracle's eyebrows lifted. "Where's your cowboy hat?"

Godfrey broke out with a grin. "Wow." He laughed and then suddenly he stopped. "Miracle, what happened to the actual diary? If I already asked, sorry."

"I burnt it up, way out in the desert, like way off the road, in the actual desert." Miracle said.

"And the phone? With the app? You would of had to have used the app at Wayne's house to send the text to Wayne's phone from Martin's phone in order for the time stamp to be right. What happened to it?"

"Well, I got to the hospital, they gave me a bag, told me to put all my belongings in it and put the gown on, they left me alone. So I took my newer, normally used phone, the one I made Wayne's text go to, I put that with my belongings and hid the phone with the app. Then I gave it to Cheston to hide so I wouldn't chance them finding it when I gave my statement. The hospital gave me new clothes, a shirt and some sweat pants." Miracle explained.

"And...what did Cheston do with it?" Godfrey asked.

Miracle looked around the room. "I don't know, it wasn't in his safe, I'd imagine if he kept it, that is where it would be. He had mega security on that study, you seen all the locks you have to bypass just to get into it, then there are just as many to get into the safe, if you even find it behind the picture. I'm sure he destroyed it, we were on good terms...at that time."

Godfrey frowned. "I don't like not knowing what happened to it."

"Well, couldn't you just go into it? If it isn't destroyed, you could access it, that will answer your question, and if it's not destroyed, you can get rid of any trace of the app, like you do everything else." Miracle shrugged.

Godfrey stood up and pulled out his phone. "I'll do that, you just concentrate on where you want to go." He looked down at his phone and walked off into the kitchen.

Miracle's eyebrows lifted. "If he was going to use it on me, he would of done it." Miracle mumbled and then shook his head.

"Well...it's not accessible where ever it is." Godfrey walked back in, shoving his phone into his pocket. "So it's either destroyed...or off. Preferably the former."

"I wouldn't worry about it, if it were going to come out, it would have." Miracle stared at his phone. "What do you think about Wyoming?"

"Wyoming? Seriously?" Godfrey moved over to sit next to Miracle and watched him look at Google maps.

"See, it has hills. We can have a house at the top of the hill. And a ranch..."

"And what? hire the ranch hand for you to have a secret affair with?" Godfrey gasped. "Dare I throw that cliche at you?"

Miracle looked up and grinned, laughing. "Okay, that is very cliche."

"Just as much as your house on the hill." He grinned.

Miracle worked his fingers on the screen. "Well...there's Chicago. Not so bad from the sky...but like New York, you can just get buried in it."

Godfrey watched Miracle and then his eyes widened. "Woah, you want to skip the country?"

"Just exploring my options." Miracle said.

"Okay, first, you don't know that language. Secondly, driving on the other side of the road..."

Miracle looked up at Godfrey. "May not have been born in Australia...but I was raised there."

"Did you drive there?"

"No, but I rode enough to be used to it." Miracle looked back down at his phone.

"But, look at those houses, hardly dream houses. Do those look like dream houses to you?" Godfrey shook his head.

"No, but I'll find the nice ones." Miracle laughed.

"Yep...the houses just get nicer and nicer." Godfrey said, sarcastically. "Tiny little lots, square shapes, no yards, and you can't even find even one with an ocean view. But, hey, would it matter if you did? People might live in it."

Miracle sighed. "Okay, I give up on jumping the country. No where gets nicer, house wise...than America. Happy?" He grinned at Godfrey.

He nodded at Miracle and then smiled.

Jeremy sat at the table and looked up at Miracle who stood across from him after examining the papers. "Guardianship papers?"

Erica's eyebrows lifted and she looked up, as if she knew trouble was on the horizon.

"Well, yeah. I mean I need someone to take care of the baby while I'm gone dealing with my issues."

"Wait, gone? What do you mean gone?" Jeremy asked.

"Uh, Dad, I'm not going to wait here for Mr. Martin Alexis to get out in fifteen years for being squeaky clean nice." Miracle shook his head. "Kinda obvious."

"But, you are going to leave your baby? Miracle, you want to explain common sense to me? How about this, take a child, take a child?"

Miracle's eyes widened. "Well, if anyone asks, just say it's your baby. Not like he knows what me and Rayne did...and I'm gay, so what would he suspect?"

Jeremy frowned and looked over at Godfrey who sat in the chair next to where Miracle was standing. "You had something to do with this, right? Didn't want a kid or something? Not your thing?"

Godfrey shook his head. "Sir, I merely suggested that I thought he might be too much of a kid himself, right now. I just think that a kid needs more than he can give mentally and emotionally."

"Suggested? Or ordered? You know what, in Miracle's mind, it's practically the same thing. Let me tell you something, since you don't seem to know. When you suggest something to Miracle, an opinion, your thoughts, an idea, especially something like that, he is going to do it, that's part of his sickness, it might as well be an order." Jeremy explained.

"Dad, that is not true." Miracle said.

"Really?" Jeremy looked at Miracle. "What went through your head when he said that to you? Truthfully? And I know, you agreed with him, behind that, what hidden little thought creeped at your mind?"

Miracle stared at his dad and he closed his eyes and lowered his head. "That he would leave me if I took the baby with me anyway."

Godfrey looked over at Miracle. "That isn't true in the slightest. I wouldn't do that."

"See? That's the sickness, an unhealthy relationship where you'd sacrifice anything to keep the relationship." Jeremy sat back.

Erica took a deep breath and looked between her son, Godfrey, and Jeremy, not sure what to say.

Miracle opened his eyes and looked up. "Then that was the point of it, leaving the child with you so I could get better."

"No." Jeremy shook his head. "That was his point, maybe you agreed with it, but deep down, that wasn't your real point."

Godfrey frowned and shook his head. "I wouldn't of left if you wanted to take your child, if you truly wanted that, if you insisted."

Miracle looked up and then he looked at Godfrey. "You're lying."

"How could I be lying?" Godfrey looked at Miracle. "Am I getting up right now? Am I walking out? Am I leaving?"

"No, but who the hell wants to start a relationship like that?" Miracle asked.

"Plenty of people do it." Jeremy said.

"Oh my god!" Erica slammed her palm on the table and everyone looked at her. "The child isn't even born yet!" She shook her head. "Why don't you two just...go on vacation, start your relationship like Miracle wants it, you got nine freaking months, then we can talk about this!"

"Nine months? You want to wait until Rayne is going into labor to figure out how we're going to arrange for this baby? Erica, that is careless, this should be talked about at least three or four months ahead." Jeremy shook his head.

"Fine, whatever, they still have time to go away and start a relationship, just the two of them!" Erica sighed and looked at the paper. "We can just sign the fucking paper, if we don't do it that way, we can throw it in the fire place." She closed her eyes and looked down.

"Okay, and what about the contract for the house? You want to just sign that one too? Then maybe we can just live in the house, try it on like a shoe, and that comes with whatever we decide for the baby." Jeremy said.

"No, the house goes to you guys, either way." Miracle looked at them. "You think I'm getting an empire and my parents are living in a trailer? No."

Erica pressed her fingers to her temple, propping her head up. "Well, you heard him, we're getting the house."

Miracle sighed. "Guys, it's just guardianship papers, in fact, it would be pretty smart to do it, should something happen to me, it's not like I'm giving up parental rights." He leaned forward, grasping the top of a chair.

"He's got a point." Erica said.

"Fine, if you insist, you and your mom want to gang up on me, that's perfectly fine." Jeremy grabbed the paper and started signing it.

"Daddy..." Miracle mumbled.

"Oh no, don't add to the title in the childish way that you do, regressing to get what you want." Jeremy shook his head.

Godfrey watched this family drama, his eyes shifting between the three, clearly he could see where Miracle got some of his neurotic tendencies and when they all interacted together, well, it was interesting to say the least. Didn't mean he liked when they were upset with each other.

"Okay, there ya go!" Jeremy shoved the paper at Erica. "You work on that while I get your house started, princess!" He grabbed the second contract and continued with signatures.

Erica grabbed the guardianship contract and frowned. "Now, who's regressing?!" She looked down and started signing the papers.

Miracle sighed and turned around, walking a little ways from the table, turning to see that Godfrey had come to check on him. "I knew there would be a little bit of issues...I just didn't think it would be this bad."

Godfrey stared at Miracle. "Is it really because you don't think I could accept your child?"

"That's the very reason I didn't want to do it for Cheston, if anything happened to him, no one would want me, I'd end up alone...and I can't survive alone. The scar had been my first issue...I thought no one would want me with the scar." Miracle sighed. "It's so messed up, but I can't live without a person, so if I have something undesirable, then I'm screwed. And that is twisted and sick, exactly what my dad meant."

"So...let me get this straight. First the scar, then the baby, you worried if something happened to Cheston, you couldn't jump to the next guy because...they wouldn't want you for those reasons?" Godfrey questioned. "That's your sickness."

"Well, if you want to simplify it, yes, a small part of it, that's like the need for constant love and security, but then I have the tendency to possibly be unfaithful because...of the rush of the newness, the excitement, the difference, like another flavor, one I've never tasted before." Miracle covered his face with his hands.

"Well, sounds like I might need a little security." Godfrey said.

"No." Miracle brought his hands down. "I think you can protect me from myself, that anger, that rage that you get when you're upset, it's passionate, I picture you saving me from myself and...tearing another guy apart."

Godfrey grinned. "That's what you see, really?"

"Yes, I saw it that day, the first time, in the cabin, when you hugged me." Miracle looked down. "I just don't want to have all this baggage coming with me, I feel like you deserve better."

"I like what I got." Godfrey brushed Miracle's cheek with his fingers.

"There! It's done!" Erica shoved the second contract to the middle of the table.

Quinn took the papers. "Okay, so...do you want the guardianship papers filed or held onto?"

Miracle sighed and looked back towards the table. "Filed." He looked at his parents. "If something happens to me, it's a smart move." He looked at Quinn. "And file the house papers too."

Quinn nodded, taking both contracts that were slightly bent and messed up by how rough Erica and Jeremy had been with them. "There is one more, regarding the bank account with Maria's shares that is to be retained by me, Rayne can access a reasonable amount of money at a time that I give to her for her benefit as well as the babies until the child is born. Now as it was assumed the baby would go directly into your parents care, Miracle, I made this contract in order that the bank account would go directly into your parents control and the money would automatically belong to them, the money intended for the baby, but you didn't request anything in writing regarding the use of it after the transfer."

"What?" Jeremy looked at Miracle.

Miracle's eyes widened at his dad. "What? You didn't expect me to take all the money, did you? Quinn retains control over the account that holds what would of been Maria's shares of the empire, plus what was already in her account. He's more or less power of attorney over it, slightly because I don't trust Rayne, so she has to get permission from him to get any money for the duration of the pregnancy, once the child is born, the account and money goes to you guys, free and clear."

"And you trust him? What if he drains the account dry?" Jeremy asked.

"In nine months? Doubtful. Rayne only gets reasonable amounts of money, like for doctors visits, prescriptions, twenty dollars here or there to buy something to keep her happy, hardly will it go dry in nine months, she will have to go to him for this money like a kid." Miracle shrugged. "If a large amount comes out at one time during Rayne's pregnancy, or if she claims that the money wasn't given to her, we'll know he did it." Miracle shrugged.

"What if Rayne lies about doctors visits?" Erica asked and then looked around. "Hey, I know all about being a manipulative bitch."

Jeremy's eyebrows lifted up and he looked at Erica.

"She can't, Quinn has already contacted the primary care doctor that is on her case for the baby, they see her, of course only after they get approval that Quinn will pay for it, she takes the receipt to Quinn and he sends the money directly to the doctor, as for prescriptions, she turns them in to a given pharmacy, reports it to Quinn and he calls and gets the quote and pays for it. The only physical money she ever gets is to buy a little something for herself. Quinn calls me, and I decide how much she gets, if I'm unavailable, it's twenty dollars by default."

"And then after the child is born, the account goes to us, in our control?" Jeremy asked, to clarify.

"Exactly." Miracle nodded.

"Okay, give us the contract." Jeremy said as Quinn handed the contract over to Erica first, since she was sitting closest to him. He waited until Erica signed and then took the paper and looked over it before signing it himself.

"Thank god, Rayne isn't here." Godfrey grinned.

Miracle laughed. "I don't trust her with that much money, sorry." He shook his head. "So, you will call her after this meeting, right?"

Quinn nodded to Miracle. "Yes, I'll let her know to come and do her signatures."

"Okay." Miracle looked at his dad. "So, are you okay with us going away, putting the baby talk on hold, for a little while?"

Jeremy looked up. "I guess, but I don't like the idea. I abandoned you and your mom, and because of that, she gave you up, accidently to the black market, look what that lead to."

"Yeah, but that's different, I know who I'm giving my child to, and it wouldn't be forever, and it's not like I'd never be coming back." Miracle shrugged.

"We'll just talk about it in a few months, like your mom said." Jeremy nodded.

"I said nine months, you freaked out, technically you said a few months." Erica stated.

"Okay, Miss Technical." Jeremy grinned. "Lets get out of here."

Godfrey grinned, amused by Miracle's mother. "Uh...hey, I'm sorry for misunderstanding..what I did, I didn't or don't or ever...mean to plant a thought in Miracle's head." He looked at Jeremy.

Jeremy stood up. "Yeah, well now you know that can happen, you might even do it without even knowing, just like you did this time." He reached over and patted Godfrey on the shoulder. "Sorry for giving you a hard time. A bomb was dropped on us, his mom made me agree to give everyone a chance, so we'll have to talk in...a better setting."

Godfrey nodded and watched everyone start to leave.

Miracle grinned. "So...my dad is a little over protective, my mom keeps him in line." He stepped around and leaned up, kissing him.

Godfrey closed his eyes, kissing Miracle and then he grinned. "Your mom is hilarious."

Miracle walked through the front door with Godfrey. "Uh...so now are we technically homeless?"

"Well, my parents won't move in until we get a new house." Miracle walked through the foyer. "Where ever that will be...and me making a decision looks bleak."

They headed around the corner to go into the living room when Remi stepped around and punched Godfrey in the face, sending him flying to the floor.

Remi laughed. "No Rayne here to stop me this time."

Miracle's eyes widened. "How fucking stupid are you?!" He looked at Remi. "Like we won't tell Rayne?!"

Remi turned towards Miracle. "And what makes you think she'd believe you?"

Miracle laughed. "For one...I got a door man, did you break in? He'll know." Miracle looked around. "And that'd be the only reason I didn't fire him...because he didn't have ADT turned on!"

Godfrey got up with a bloody lip and he ran forward and tackled Remi into the living room floor.

"And another living room fight." Miracle walked into the living room. "Stop!"

Remi rolled ontop of Godfrey and punched him again and then Godfrey shoved him off and rolled away and got to his feet, just as Remi did and Godfrey started to run for him until he heard Miracle.

"You!" He pointed at Remi. "I'll call the police, if you broke in here, you're going to jail!"

Remi grinned and nodded. "Throw me in jail, that's just the thing for you to do. Like I said, when it comes down to it, who does Rayne trust."

"When it comes down to it, what talks, you, or the money I'll offer her to hate you?" Miracle asked.

Remi laughed and walked over to Miracle and shoved him into the wall. "You don't know Rayne very well at all then, she doesn't care about money, I take it you've never met a person like that."

Godfrey's eyes widened when he saw Remi shove Miracle and he pulled the glass top off the coffee table, the one that had just been replaced and walked over, slamming it on Remi's back and head.

Remi felt the heavy and thick glass as it shattered against his body with the force that Godfrey had used, busting his head open as he fell to the ground, glass scattered everywhere, blood from his head staining the floor.

Miracle's eyes widened. "Oh my god...you probably killed him."

Godfrey looked up. "He pushed you." He said through gritted teeth a tone and gaze filled with anger and rage.

Miracle stared at Godfrey and then kneeled down next to Remi. "Fuck, I wasn't made to check a freakin pulse." He pressed two fingers against Remi's neck, feeling around several spots until he found it, a pulse, he could feel it. "He's not dead...yet."

Godfrey's eyes widened. "Miracle, I'm sorry."

"I'm really screwed up if I say that it's okay, just call the ambulance, they will take him to the hospital, then I'll press charges for breaking and entering, maybe he'll heal and get thrown in the slammer before he can tell Rayne anything." Miracle kept his fingers on Remi's pulse.

Godfrey nodded and took out his phone and dialed for emergency. "Yes, I have an unconscious person, here, laying on the floor. His head is bleeding, he still has a pulse. Just send an ambulance...and send the police." He gave out the address and hung up.

"You should press charges for assault, keep him locked up longer." Miracle sighed.

"And what's Rayne going to say when he disappears? He'll get his one phone call, Miracle, thinking she will never find out is a silly dream."

"Well, he did it. He's only got himself to blame, and she can't hold you responsible for pressing charges, they will naturally ask who started it, maybe they decided to press charges themselves. Maybe they just decided to press charges for the breaking and entering out of my control."

"Again, silly dream." Godfrey sighed.

"Fine, we'll just let him go, then we took the high road. If she gets mad at us for that, shes fucked up in the head." Miracle leaned back, hearing sirens approaching. "I'll tell the police I just needed them to write a report for uh..." He looked at the coffee table. "The house insurance...and they will probably cancel me...for all the abuse that coffee table has taken. I think...I'll just buy a wooden one."

Godfrey looked up when the paramedics came in. "He's in here!"

Miracle stood up and moved out of the way as they lifted Remi onto the stretcher and lifted him up to take him out to the ambulance, an officer approached them.

"What happened?" The officer asked, his eyes shifted to Miracle. "You should just buy a wooden coffee table."

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly." Miracle nodded.

Godfrey sighed. "We came home, he was already in here, he don't live here, we don't know how he got in..."

"My door man, George, might of let him in by mistake, really, it's no big deal how he got in." Miracle shook his head. "What happened is that he hit Godfrey first, they got in a fight, I threatened to tell his friend, he came after me and...Godfrey...kinda had to smash him with the coffee table glass top."

The officer wrote all of this down. He then looked at Miracle. "You don't appear hurt, not enough to require that kind of self defense."

"Uh, hello, self defense can happen before the person gets to me, that's called a hero." Miracle's eyebrows lifted and he shook his head at the man.

"It was a little extreme, and I was unaware of the kind of damage that it could do." Godfrey explained. "I just wanted to keep Miracle safe and grabbed the first thing I thought of."

"Which is always my coffee table, so can ya leave us alone now?" Miracle asked.

"Fine, that's all, for now. I hope this just ends up being a concussion." The officer turned around and headed for the door, walking out with two more officers.

Godfrey stared into space. "What if he goes into a coma?"

"It would be fucked up...if all my men went to jail." Miracle frowned. "George! I need you to sweep and mop my floor!" He walked through the living room. "Well, I guess we can help get the glass up, I'm not cleaning the blood."

"What would you do?" Godfrey asked.

Miracle looked up. "Well I'd fight for you...I mean, you're the best guy I've been with since..." He trailed off and shook his head. "If you couldn't be there for me, like...for years, well...I..."

Godfrey nodded. "You could find someone who could."

"Just until...hell, Kevin and I fell in love and years later we came back to be, but that got all messed up." Miracle frowned as George came in. "Just clean up the blood, I can have the maids clean the glass, we'll probably go out or go upstairs, just stay out of the living room. Then you can go home, or crash in a guest room, if you want."

Godfrey looked at George and then his eyes shifted to Miracle. "Still think my anger is a good thing?"

"This is just one thing, he didn't die, he isn't going to die. If I have to, I'll make George beat me up."

Godfrey tilted his head. "The officer already saw you."

"So, he's lying, you and George can be witnesses to that. George does what he's paid to do." Miracle nodded.

Godfrey stepped forward and hugged Miracle. "Lets just hope for the best." He looked down. "And getting George to beat you up? A little masochistic." He laughed.

Miracle grinned. "I do what it takes..." He whispered.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..