Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,596 Words
  • 779 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trigger The Years Past - 15. Chapter 15: Mystery Box

"Damn it." Nikolai laid his gun and the file in the passenger seat and dug out his cell phone and hit up Miracle's name.

Miracle laid on the bed, watching television while Cheston was in the shower. He grabbed his phone and then answered. "Hello?" He spoke quietly. "Did you get it done?"

"Yes, but I don't know what to do with Quinn. I got him in the trunk and I'm driving around with his car. I parked mine about a mile away from the office. Thing is, as soon as I leave and let him go, he's going to report it straight to Cheston, then to the cops, and then Cheston is going to know that I did it, he's going to know that you were a part of it, especially when you use the keys to get into his office. I don't know what to do with him."

"Well, Cheston said he was going to give it back, thing is he hasn't brought it up, and neither have I." Miracle brought up his cigarette and took a drag. "I wanted to see if he would on his own. Plus, part of me wonders why he has so much security, something tells me that it's been there a lot longer, and it's not just to keep me from my diary. So I want to see what else is in there."

"Well, that doesn't help me figure out what to do with Quinn. I'll go back to jail for this. Even if you can charm Cheston out of it, you can't stop this guy, and ultimately it's in his hands to press charges, hell it might not even be in his hands, the police might just do it automatically."

Miracle looked up, still hearing the shower. "Then kill him, take him to a cliff, make him get in the driver seat, knock him out on the steering wheel and then make the car drive off the cliff, like a suicide."

Nikolai's eyes widened. "I've never murdered before. As innocent as you are...or look...or seem, you act like it's nothing. And what happens when people say he didn't seem suicidal at all?"

"That's how I get away with it, I'm innocent." Miracle rolled his eyes. "And I never said I liked doing it, I don't, I hate it, but one thing I learned from Jaemin is that you have to do what you have to in order to survive. And people can hide being suicidal all the time. No one expected that I was going to over dose on pills, they knew I was upset, but they never knew I'd go that far."

"And what cliff am I supposed to take him off of? None of the roads I know go up onto a cliff."

"Damn, well.." Miracle frowned, a frustrated yet thoughtful look on his face. "Drive to the spot, you know...the place where we parked, the spot."

Nikolai shook his head. "Okay." He pulled the phone away and hung up.

Miracle got out of the bed and pulled his shoes on, no socks and only a rather short pair of black silk shorts on and a white tank top. He walked over to the bathroom and knocked on the door before opening it. "Hey, I gotta run to Lacey's...she is upset about something and..I really got to go over there. It's just a...us kind of thing."

Cheston looked up. "Seriously? This late at night?"

"Well life happens, round the clock, you know? I'll be back soon." Miracle closed the door and looked down, texting Lacey. "If Cheston calls...I'm at your house, you had a crisis and needed me, don't ask why, and don't tell him any different." Miracle paused. "If he comes to the house, say I just left and he just missed me." He then headed around the bottom of the steps.

Miracle sighed and deleted the text from his sent folder and walked out into the garage, grabbing his keys from the bowl on the table by the door and then he headed for his car to meet with Nikolai.

Miracle pulled up in the empty lot, along side Quinn's car, but a fair distance away. He sent a text to Nikolai. "Come over here." He then deleted the text out of his sent folder, deciding to make a habit of this, at least when it came to anything scandalous.

Nikolai got out and shut the door and ran the distance that Miracle had put between himself and Quinn's car. He grabbed the passenger door and pulled it open, getting in and shutting it.

Miracle yanked the mask off Nikolai's head and dropped it in his lap. "So, you got Quinn in the trunk, we can't let him go, if we do, he will tell Cheston and the police, Cheston will know dead on who was behind it." He frowned. "And even if I get into the study, if I take my diary, he will still know that we stole the file."

"Yeah, so this was all for nothing, now we have a problem on our hands. He might spare you, I doubt he'll spare me." Nikolai shook his head.

"Cheston will spare you, if that is what I want, he knows the boundaries with me, and it's not like Quinn could identify you. Accent or not, plenty of Russians live in America."

Nikolai looked around. "We still have to do something with him, if we don't just leave him in the trunk and toss the keys to the ground."

Miracle gasped and suddenly a grin appeared. "Hotel California."

"Huh? You lost me." He looked at Miracle.

"I have a friend, and he has a yacht, could just throw Mister Quinn out to sea."

Nikolai's eyes widened. "That's really crazy. And how are you going to explain going to California? How did you even explain leaving to come here?"

"Uh...Lacey was upset and needed me." Miracle said. "I don't know how that would transfer to me going to California to visit an old friend. Maybe I could just tell my old friend that my new friend needs it."

"Okay, but if you throw him out to sea, who is going to deal with the estate and all of Martin's money and power?"

"Find a different lawyer. Hell, I honestly don't see why Cheston can't do it, unless it's some kind of conflict of interest or something." Miracle shrugged, looking out at the Vegas strip thoughtfully.

"Probably the same reason doctors can't treat themselves, diagnose themselves, and write their own prescriptions." He paused. "Even though some do it anyway."

"I should of hooked up with a doctor." Miracle said. "Would of been handy, instead I land a principal and an attorney." He paused. "The principal was a one time thing, part of that story I won't tell you, and don't bother asking me."

"I won't, hell I just want to deal with this story and find an end for it."

"Let me see what I can do." Miracle pulled out his phone and pressed Kevin's name and put it on speaker phone.

"Hello?" Kevin answered.

"Surprise, surprise, long time, no talk, no see. What's up, Kevin?" Miracle grinned. "How's being a college football star?"

"Well I'll be damned. Hello to you too. Last time we talked, I thought I was going to be killed, obviously I took my chances. And...it's great, just a taste for the big league." Kevin laughed.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Glad you're okay and...obviously not mad or..holding a grudge. He's dead by the way, Eric..there is...so much to fill you in on, but it's all just a mess of tragedy." Miracle shook his head.

"Well, that sucks." Kevin said. "If Eric's dead, if he died, I would think you'd be well off...unless..."

"Unless." Miracle said. "Listen, I have a friend that kind of needs to borrow your yacht. I know that's weird, a stranger and all, but Kevin, you know I would never ask unless I was sure that it was all cool. We're in Vegas, so...if my friend drives to you, would it be okay if my friend borrowed your boat for a couple of hours? I promise it'll be returned."

"Well, if not, I could always track you down and beat the shit out of you." Kevin teased and then laughed. "Sure, I guess it would be okay, I mean I got enough money to buy like five of them now, so I could take the risk, I do trust you though." He paused for a long moment. "I'll text you the directions and then your friend can come and get the keys and I'll tell your friend where to go from there."

"Okay." Miracle smiled, though during that long pause, he could some how tell that Kevin wanted to say something, but in the end couldn't find the words. "Kevin, was there...something else that you wanted to tell me?"

"Kind of." Kevin said. "Just that, I remember, and I don't want you to think that I've forgotten, or that I ever...would. And...talking to you again, it just all rushed back, especially the day I left, the last time we saw each other."

"I remember that too." Miracle held back much more that he wanted to say, feeling as if it would be betraying Jaemin. "Okay, just text me those directions."

"Will do, and save them, I'd love for you to come out some time." Kevin smiled and then hung up.

"An ex?" Nikolai said.

"More like an affair, one I had while I was with Jaemin, it was a short and...odd thing, something that I feel like...only we could understand, it was special in it's own way, special in that, it was one of those things only meant to last for so long, and to be appreciated for what it was."

Miracle looked down when the directions came in and then he forwarded the text to Nikolai. He deleted the sent forward text but didn't see any harm in keeping the directions from Kevin.

"Okay." Nikolai looked at his phone. "I'll get to this and...toss the guy into the ocean." He took a deep breath, trying to make himself feel as simple as Miracle made it sound.

"There might be cameras at the marina, so make sure to get him out on a desolate road and get him into the front seat, and don't let the gun be seen as you get him on the boat." Miracle explained.

"If there are cameras, what will happen when I return alone?" Nikolai asked.

"It won't matter, you'll be a masked man again, when you get to the marina. Those places are big, manned security is usually spread out." Miracle looked up.

"I don't know, something tells me that we really need to think of a better idea. The ocean is good, it's just getting him onto the boat and out there...and then me getting back to the car." Nikolai said.

"Just, take him somewhere, some place secluded for a while, toss him a bag of McDonalds in there, get him a drink. I'll have to think more."

Nikolai nodded. "Okay, just don't take to long, I hate being stuck in this position. Oh, and here is the file folder." He gave Miracle the file and pulled the mask back on and got out, running across to Quinn's car.

Miracle took the file and laid it in the passenger seat and watched Nikolai drive off and waited several minutes before he started his car and drove off, heading home.

"Sure you don't want to come work today?" Cheston asked after locking up Miracle's medicine cabinet.

"After that sitting with Susan?" Miracle gathered up his daily medicine and popped the tablets in his mouth and took a sip of water. "Not really." He looked at Cheston. "Honestly, the job was kind of disappointing, it was kind of a bummer. I mean, I dealt with that Donnie guy, I bent your rules slightly, gave him enough money for his medicine. Really..." Miracle looked down. "I just don't think I'll ever find something that fulfills me. I told everyone that, I've said that for years."

Cheston laid his brief case on the island. "What exactly have you said?"

"Well, mostly stuff like I don't have potential in anything, and I don't. I did that fake counselors job, failed with Gavin, even if it was a stupid joke, he actually challenged me and I failed. Then way before that, I failed as a car sales person, that was a real job too. And then I even did acting, something you'd think I'd love and...it was so technical that I didn't have the patience for it. And your assistant? No offense...but it bores the life out of me."

Cheston grinned. "You didn't mention the dancing."

"No, I didn't...but that lead to that crappy joke." Miracle shook his head. "And it was fun, the routines, the costumes, the simplicity, but it's not something I would do again."

Cheston looked up at Miracle and crossed his arms on top of his brief case. "So then, you're a puzzle."

Miracle looked at Cheston. "Well, it's not like sitting in this house all day is any better. I just...don't know what to do with myself." He sat down on the stool at the island. "And that's sad...it's like, I'm working on one problem after another, and for what? There isn't anything at the end of the road."

"Did you ever think that maybe that was one of many reasons why I wanted us to have a baby, especially your baby? Maybe I hoped it would give you a sense of purpose."

Silent tears ran down Miracle's face. "The more you mention it..." He looked down. "I...just get so sad, and I don't know why."

"Maybe because...you want that, and yet there is a part of yourself not letting you, and that hurts?"

"Maybe." Miracle looked up and shrugged as he wrapped his arms around himself.

"I think, you should spend a day with your mom. Really, we all need a family dinner, I hardly know them, but from what I've seen of her, I think it would be really good for you. I mean, she is just like you, even in the same position as you are, maybe not the trauma or as many tragedies, but she doesn't have much of a life either." He paused. "I didn't mean that in a bad way, I just mean that her life seems very low key, and she still manages to be bright and bubbly."

"That's because shes with my dad. When I first met her, when Martha was in the picture, all she did was stay in the guest room, she didn't come out, she hardly did anything. She was close to a closet case, she didn't really spring out until she got with Craig." Miracle said.

"And you're with me and..." Cheston trailed off. "But I'm not Jaemin." He slowly nodded. "And either, I have to some how...create that for you or...hope that you stop seeing it as the all heavenly love."

Miracle closed his eyes. "I don't mean for it to be that way." He looked over at Cheston. "Really, I should hate him for what he did. I don't want him to be the one and only love of my life...because he's not here to be it."

"I know that, Miracle...I know you wouldn't ask for a dead guy to be an epic love that no other could compare, I know you wouldn't wish torture like that on yourself." Cheston walked around the island and gently took Miracle's face in his hands.

"Do you know what scares me? My mom loved my dad so much that when he disappeared, I was five years old, he disappeared and she was never with another man again until Craig, by then I was like sixteen or seventeen. Do you realize how long that is to hold on? And it wasn't about thinking he would come back, it was just about no other love or no other life meeting up to that one. What if..."

Cheston shook his head. "You're not going to be the same, don't even think that. Now...I have to go to work." He leaned up and kissed Miracle's forehead and headed out of the kitchen, disappearing into the foyer.

Miracle looked up, waiting until he heard an engine running and soon after, the garage door opening. He walked out of the kitchen and over to the couch, lifting the cushion and he pulled out the envelope. He could hear the sound of the garage door as it shut and the sound of Cheston driving away as he headed up the stairs and walked over to the study.

Miracle opened the folder and pulled out the letter and all the keys. "Okay..." He skimmed the letter until he saw a line of numbers and punched them into the code, then he took the key card and slid it through. "Now which key goes where..." He looked at the three keys and noted they were labeled with small sticky tags. "Easy enough." He stuck one into the lock and twisted it and the door to the study opened.

"Like a kid going into the off limits zone." He walked in and it looked like a regular study, one wall covered with a case of books, a couch beside the door where he dropped the letter and the envelope.

He shut the door and he headed towards the desk that sat vertical and to the side of the window and there beside the window was the large picture of Cheston's parents, Maria and his real father together.

Miracle pulled the picture aside and then typed in the second string of numbers he saw later on down the letter, then he put a key into the lock and twisted it before using the last key to unfasten the pad lock, he laid the pad lock on the desk and opened the safe.

First thing his eyes were drawn to was his diary and he grabbed it and laid it on the desk and then began fishing through other things, pulling out a picture of Cheston and Susan together, kissing at the grand opening of the law firm, among a group of other people. His eyes widened as his previous suspicions started to boil within his mind again. He pulled out paper, it was a doctors report and Miracle skimmed over it.

"Oh my god." He looked at the picture and then at the paper.

He laid the picture and the paper down and stepped closer and kept looking. "I bet he has a wedding band in here somewhere too." He mumbled and then pulled out a stack of pictures wrapped together by a rubber band.

He pulled the rubber band off and turned the stack around and noticed they were pictures of him, flipping through them, all of the pictures were of him at the club, on the stage, then there were a few of him out about town, some that had been taken at the mall the day that they had met. He put them back in order and wrapped them back up and put them back in the safe.

"This is insanity." Miracle's eyes widened as he pulled out some folded pages, finding out that Cheston had copied all of his solo pictures that David had taken. He shoved the papers back into the safe, along with the doctors paper and the picture of Cheston and Susan. He slammed the safe back and locked it, not wanting to see anymore. He pushed the picture back over the safe and fell back into the computer chair, looking over at the computer.

"Wonder what the hell I might find on here?" Miracle stared at it, questioning whether or not he wanted to look. He pressed a key on the keyboard and the screen lit up, asking for a user name and password. "Guess it's better that I don't know." He grabbed his diary and all the keys and rushed to the couch, shoving everything into the envelope, save for his diary and ran out of the office.

Miracle walked into the bank and looked around before rushing over to an available teller and managed a smile. "Hi, my names Miracle Jaisyn, I'm the secondary holder on Cheston King's home account." He pulled out his wallet and laid his drivers license on the counter. "It was made a joint account."

The teller looked at his drivers license and then typed on the computer and smiled. "What can I do for you today?"

"How much is in that account, tops?" Miracle asked.

"Um.." The teller looked at the computer. "Forty five thousand, at current."

"Right." Miracle nodded. "I also have my own account here, solo account with ten thousand in it, I need to transfer twenty thousand from the joint account into that solo account, please?"

The woman nodded and took several moments typing.

"And uh...how would I go about getting all of the money out? Could I just get like...a check?" Miracle asked.

"We would require you to keep at least a hundred dollars in to keep the account open." She smiled. "The transfer is done."

"That's fine, just give me a check for all of it, save for the hundred dollars." Miracle said.

"Here is your check." The woman laid it on the counter along with his drivers license.

"Thanks." Miracle grabbed his license and the check and turned around and walked hastily away from the counter, hitting Nikolai's name. He brought the phone to his ear as he walked out of the bank.

"It's about time! What the hell is going on?"

"You wouldn't believe." Miracle fell into the driver seat and closed the door. "It makes for a sudden change in plans. Buy a couple of buckets of gas, shoot the guy, drench the car and blow it up."

"The hell? Did you get your diary?"

"I got it, and a lot more information than I bargained for." Miracle stared at the bank. "I took the diary."

"That means when we kill this guy, Cheston is going to know! And if you left the file, the letter will be there, if it tells about what you did, it might still be enough for them to look into it!" Nikolai said, in frantic worry.

"I didn't leave the file, I got money...and we're finding a country with no extradition treaty with the US."

"Miracle, wait...think this through." Nikolai sighed. "Whatever you found obviously has you freaked, I think you're on a flight response right now."

"I just want the guy out of the picture." Miracle's voice slightly rose in frustration.

"Okay, well you have the file, you have the diary, we can let the man go, nothing really serious has happened."

Miracle sighed and then nodded. "You're right, just unlock the trunk, with your gloves and mask, open it, tell the man if he says anything, you know where to find him, be really scary, throw the keys at him and let him go. We'll do this at the spot, I'll wait at that convenient store, likely where he will go. Call me and I'll come get you. We'll go and burn the mask and the gloves and the file, the diary too."

"Okay, I'm on my way, I'll call you when I get there." Nikolai then hung up.

Miracle pulled up and parked along side the road far out of the city, in the middle of the desert. He stared out at the road and then put the car into park and turned the key, shutting the engine off. His eyes closed and that was when he let himself fall apart as he began to cry.

Nikolai looked down at the mask and the gloves in his lap, hoping he had put a good scare into the man, hoping that letting him go was the smart thing to do. However now his thoughts had drifted to Miracle, and it was the moment that he heard the crying that he looked over at him.

"Miracle, would you just tell me what the hell happened?"

Miracle sniffed and took a deep breath as he brought his head up from the steering wheel. "Cheston wanted me to have a baby with him, he wanted me to use my sperm for a surrogate."

He looked over at Nikolai. "His secretary, Susan, she was supposed to be the surrogate. He said he wanted the child to be mine, biologically, because of...well...just me."

"So he wanted to use the diary to blackmail you into it?" Nikolai's eyebrows lifted. "That's fucked up."

"You don't even know the half of it." Miracle shook his head. "He's watched me for months, he had pictures of me, from when I danced at the club, even to the day at the mall when we met."

He sighed. "I think he made sure I bumped into him on purpose. There's a picture of him and Susan kissing on the day of the law firms grand opening, with a whole bunch of other people in the picture, and then there was a letter from the doctor, he's infertile, he shoots blanks."

Miracle shook his head. "He wants to give her a baby, so I guess he hoped I would sign some contract giving away my rights and that I wouldn't bother to read it."

Nikolai looked down. "Wow, I am so sorry."

Miracle stared off at the world, with a look of hate. "This is nothing in comparison to what I've dealt with." He started the car. "Lets go burn this stuff." He then pulled off the road and drove off into the desert.

Once they were far enough off from the road, Miracle parked and shut off the car and got out, along with Nikolai. He headed to the trunk and opened it, grabbing the can of gasoline. He handed it over to Nikolai.

He threw the mask and the gloves down and took the can of gas from Miracle.

Miracle flipped through his diary, finding the entry where he confessed to murdering Jordan and Kyler and he ripped that page out and leaned down, putting the page beneath the mask and gloves. "I want to make sure that page burns especially." He then laid the diary down and pulled the envelope from under his arm and yanked out the letter and placed it under the diary.

"The keys won't burn." Nikolai said.

"Card key will." Miracle tossed it down, along with the empty folder. He stood up and shoved the rest of the keys into his pocket and pulled out his lighter.

Nikolai poured some gas all over the items and then looked at Miracle. "Go for it."

Miracle leaned down and then flicked the lighter and stuck the flame to the corner of the letter that Cheston had made out to Maria. He stood up and watched the fire catch on. "It all has to be destroyed."

"What are you going to do with the keys?" Nikolai asked.

Miracle stared at the fire, watching their little pile of evidence burn. "I'm going to hold onto them for now. Kevin is still counting on a visit...and the ocean is still waiting on an offering."

Nikolai nodded and leaned back against the car. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"I just wonder what will happen from here." Miracle mumbled.

Erica opened the door and her eyes widened when she saw Cheston standing there. "Well, look what the cat drug to my door step. Do you know that I hate snakes?"

Cheston looked up at Erica. "You're angry, understandably, I just need to see Miracle."

Erica started laughing. "Why? You want to capture him from our porch? That would be stupid."

"If I wanted to force him, don't you think I would of?" Cheston asked.

"Nah, you just wanted to put him through hell instead." Erica rolled her eyes. "Tell you what, tell your bitch to go to a sperm bank like everyone else, or better yet, just get a real man." Erica then started to shut the door.

Cheston quickly put up a hand to stop her from shutting the door. "Please, I beg you, let me see him. I know he's here."

Jeremy quickly walked to the door. "Erica?" His eyes then shifted over to Cheston and he pushed past Erica and walked out onto the porch.

Cheston took a step back, his eyes lifting towards Jeremy. "I didn't come here to cause any trouble."

"You son of a bitch." Jeremy then suddenly punched Cheston across the face. "Kind of to late for that!"

Cheston's head jerked to the side and he stumbled back and grabbed the railing of the porch and then he looked over at Jeremy, his hand moved up to his jaw. "I'm not leaving. I refuse."

"Throw his ass in jail too." Erica waved her hand. "He can sit next to daddy!"

"Stop!" Miracle called out and walked outside and looked between his parents. "I'll deal with this."

Jeremy frowned and stared at Cheston, wanting to make a punching bag out of him. "We'll be inside." He said, respecting his sons wishes, despite his growing desires. He turned around and walked inside, wrapping an arm around Erica's shoulders, the two disappeared into the living room.

"So, what is this about?" Miracle crossed his arms.

"You found out everything." Cheston said.

"Like how you've been stalking me for months, taking pictures of me? Ever since I danced at the club? And how you're together with Susan, and in reality you're infertile, and you targeted me and lied to me, made me think you wanted a baby for us so that I would give my sperm to her, I guess you were hoping I would sign a paper terminating my parental rights, maybe I wouldn't bother to read it? Then, what? You planned to go off together with my child? Oh, and lets not forget how you made copies of those pictures you found of me as a child, David's porn that he made of me...when I was eight." Miracle walked closer. "Tell me you did all of those things, I want to hear it, you did all of that, didn't you?"

Cheston sighed. "Yes, there's no use in lying, I did all of that, and all of it is true. She wanted a baby and...I couldn't give that to her, but I had to, I wasn't going to let her go to some sperm bank and let some donor get all the credit. It was my job to make it happen. Then I saw you at the club, I just needed to find the right person, the one with the right look, you had that, you were, you are perfect. So then I knew, I had to make it happen."

Miracle mockingly grinned. "So you felt like...if you did all kinds of work, if you met me and worked me and mind fucked me hard, maybe it'd make up for how you couldn't fuck her pregnant?" A light and brief laugh escaped. "That's almost comical."

"Actually..." Miracle spoke up before Cheston could say a thing. "It kind of makes sense, why you had us sleeping in separate rooms, why you were so okay with taking things slow, but then...what I don't get is why you got so angry when I wouldn't make love to you when I freaked out over my scar." He shook his head. "You pretty much got out of it because of that, so why get so angry?"

"Well I'm not entirely straight, obviously, which made the job a little easier, of course it wasn't my plan to cheat on her." Cheston looked down. "But then it became real, I started to really fall for you, Miracle." He looked up. "I love you so much, it's why she was so upset when the three of us met, she wanted to know why everything was moving so slow, why I wasn't getting the job done, she thinks I'm enjoying things with you, yet shes hoping I'll follow through and come out for her."

Miracle nodded and reached behind him and pulled his cell phone out of his back pocket and waved the phone at Cheston and stopped the recording, then he hung up the call with Gavin. "And now, I got you. And don't bother trying to get this phone from me, Gavin was on call, he recorded it too. Lets see, we got stalking, possession of child pornography...maybe fraud? Or planning to fraud me out of my child, if it had went that far. As for everything you had on me, it's trashed, gone."

He then looked down and started sending the recording through text. "I think I'll send this to a couple more phones, and another friend. My parents can have a copy too."

"Miracle, I wasn't going to keep blackmailing you. I would of given the diary back, it just never came up after California." Cheston looked at him.

"Very convenient that you'd forget to give it back." Miracle grinned. "Your bitch is going to have my baby, and it's going to be mine, I'm going to shatter your dreams, let you come so close, then I'm going to take my child out of that hospital with me."

Cheston shook his head. "Miracle, I love you, please don't do this..." Tears fell down his face. "I know everything I did is so unforgivable, and horrible, and beyond sickening...but is it so hard for you to believe that I could have fallen in love with you? I tried so hard not to, I thought if I were evil and cruel, I thought it would go away, but I couldn't be. I went to that cabin with you, and it was your home, I knew then, I had to build that life with you."

Miracle's grin faded and his eyes watered. "And I wanted that life with Jaemin...but we don't always get what we want." Miracle looked down. "But the least I can have is some sort of purpose." He looked at Cheston. "And you can give that to me, and you will."

"You couldn't raise a baby on your own." Cheston slowly shook his head. "I love you Miracle, but you need someone that you can depend on."

"Well, he's gone, and I'll never have him back, unless..." Miracle looked at Cheston, his tears finally falling. "And maybe, the least I could do, for my parents, maybe leave a small part of me behind."

Cheston shook his head. "Turn the recording in, I won't help you leave your parents something behind while you kill yourself." He stepped closer to Miracle. "I wouldn't even let you kill yourself."

"You can't stop me here." Miracle shook his head. "No control."

"I'll tell them, I know they wouldn't let you do it."

Miracle took a step back. "I should of did what he did, I should of took the gun myself."

"No, you shouldn't of." Cheston then took the phone from Miracle and then reached down and put it into Miracle's pocket and grabbed him by the shoulders. "I love you, and it kills me that I can't be him for you, that I could try to do anything in the world for you...but the one thing you truly want, I can't give you."

Miracle looked up. "You didn't steal the phone, you could of took it...Why didn't you?"

"Because, it's okay if you want to blackmail me, it's okay if you want to force me to do whatever you want, I deserve it."

"I want you to give me that child." Miracle said. "And then...I don't know."

"You need time?" He questioned.

"Sometimes, I wonder when I'll stop needing time, when the pain will go away." Miracle cried and pulled away as he turned and walked into the house.

Cheston stood there, watching Miracle walk off into the trailer, and his heart was breaking.

"Well that is how I feel here too, like I'm on top of the world. It's a good feeling, it's like I'm above everything, just above it all, like an escape." Miracle stared out at the sight, watching the faint glow get brighter. "I wish we could disappear into the light."

"It's not that time for us yet." He rubbed Miracle's back. "But when it is, I bet it will be beautiful, and I know that it will be especially special for you. Custom made by God himself just to your liking to make it a moment that you'll never forget, it'll be the ultimate moment for you."

"Jaemin." Miracle looked up, tears staining his face again. "How could anyone hate you? How could anyone have given you away?" Miracle turned around and cupped Jaemin's face in his hands. "You break my heart and you put it together all at the same time."

Jaemin stared into his eyes. "Because ... it's what was fated to happen." His hands moved up to cover Miracle's. "If it hadn't happened the way it did, I might of not ever met you and I believe that was meant to be. I had to meet you and that made all of it worth it."

Miracle stared at him, his face scrunched up as the tears continued to spill down his face. "I love you, I could never say it enough."

"You don't have to say it enough. You just have to feel it." He pulled one of Miracle's hands down and placed it on his chest and then placed his own hand on Miracle's chest. "We beat as one, remember?"

Miracle opened his eyes as the images of the memory faded from his thoughts and he rolled over onto his back, staring at the ceiling from where he laid on the bed. A sigh escaped and then he looked down at the wall straight across from the bed. "I don't know about that, I nearly died and it was just an endless white." He mumbled and shook his head. "You told me I was going to get everything, I just don't see how...in this mess, where everything is."

"Cookie crumbles." Gavin spoke up from the door. "You just have to sort through the crumbles."

Miracle looked at his bed room door and sat up. "How did you get in?"

"Your mom's watching movies, I guess you didn't hear the television." He walked towards the bed. "And I think it's about time we sort through the pieces." He sat on the edge of the bed.

"Or I wasn't paying attention to it." Miracle looked at Gavin. "And what do you mean? You're coming in here sounding like...all proactive and crap. How can you expect that after what just happened to me?"

"Because, the only way you're going to move ahead is to stop looking back." Gavin smiled.

"And how do you know that's what I'm doing?"

"Miracle." Gavin tilted his head to the side. "You have to have that one friend that can read you like a book. Your relationship with Cheston crashed, your first relationship since Jaemin, I know you've got to be reflecting, it's like a bad way of rebounding a rebound."

"Rebounding a rebound? That already sounds confusing."

"You pushed forward into a new relationship before you were even over the old one, that's a rebound, then when that crashed, naturally you'd rebound the rebound relationship by rebounding it with the original by grieving the first relationship rather than the actual rebound relationship."

Miracle's eyebrows lifted.

"Simply put, Cheston was a rebound from Jaemin, it failed, so you go back to mourning Jaemin because the only reason you rebounded him was because he died. Get it now?" Gavin asked.

"Now that you tag them with names." Miracle shook his head.

"So you have to find a way to make peace with it. I wonder, have you even been to the grave? Did you even go to the funeral?"

"There was no funeral. They just buried him, my mom made sure there was a head stone, and I was in the psyche ward at the time, so I've never been, I never seen it, I was moved straight to Colorado. My parents thought it would be to bad if I did."

Gavin nodded. "Well, I think it's time that you go see it."

"What's the point in that? Just to look at a stone that confirms he's dead? Then look at the ground, knowing he's under it, decomposed?"

"That's exactly the point." Gavin said. "So then...maybe the mental images of him alive won't be so easy to hang onto, not when you can't help but to picture him dead. I know that sounds awful, but it's a way of closure."

"I doubt it would work. I saw him actually dead, right in front of me." Miracle looked down. "Well, I didn't actually look at his face, just his hand..."

"Well, it's something to think about." Gavin took a deep breath and sighed before getting up. "I'll see you." He turned to head out.

"Thanks for the inspiration." Miracle managed a small smile. "I'll see you too." He then laid down on his side and curled up.

Miracle sat in the conference room, the one that the trio met in before. His eyes shifted between Cheston and Susan and he offered a pleasant yet sarcastic smile. "So much tension in the room, makes me just want to shiver..."

Susan stared at Miracle and then looked at Cheston. "So he knows everything?"

Cheston nodded. "Yeah."

"So we can be out and open?" Susan looked at Miracle. "You do realize, you would be giving us a child?"

"Of course, one thing though." Miracle looked at Susan. "My parental rights don't terminate until the baby exists in the outside world. What that means is, I don't want any drugs during the labor, and I hope my baby hurts you every second it takes for him or her to come out of you."

"What?!" Susan raised her voice. "Cheston! That's ridiculous!"

Cheston looked over at Miracle.

Miracle grinned at Susan. "Don't be surprised if the baby comes out black. The aliens might get to you before I do." Miracle lightly laughed. "Abductions..."

Cheston sighed, knowing Miracle was enjoying every minute of this.

Susan stared at Miracle. "Okay, listen, I didn't come here to play games." She looked at Cheston. "I don't care how nice you think a baby from him would look, his personality genes are horrific!"

"Perfect for Halloween, wouldn't you say so, Cheston?" He looked over at him. "And while we're at it, you guys will be paying me. And I'm charging a million dollars."

"You think your sperm is worth a million dollars?" Susan looked at him.

Miracle looked at Susan. "That's a generous dollar store discount on my end." He grinned.

"You're insane." Susan stared at him.

"That's the deal, take the baby maker or walk out the door." Miracle shrugged.

"He's just trying to get under your skin." Cheston looked up. "A contract isn't even drawn up yet, that is why we're here."

"Well, I've stated my terms." Miracle crossed his arms on the table. "Actually, change that one condition. My parental rights aren't terminated until Cheston signs the birth certificate and claims himself as the father. That will turn my rights off and his rights on."

"Why do you want it like that?" Susan asked.

"So after all your hours of pain, I can deprive you of seeing the child until that happens." Miracle grinned. "Torture you a little longer."

Susan looked at Cheston. "I am not doing that, I am not making a baby with this person!"

"Hey, I think I deserve the business after what your awful boyfriend did to me." Miracle frowned.

Cheston looked over at Susan. "Can't we just make this work? After all the time I put into it."

Susan sat back and crossed her arms and looked down thoughtfully.

Miracle pulled out his pack of cigarettes. "Anyone want?" He stuck one in his mouth and fired up his lighter and lit his cigarette.

"No thanks." Susan looked up. "Fine, I'll go along with his ridiculous antics, honestly I hope the child will mature faster than he does."

"And turn into an old hag like you? Someone still young, but mentally ready for the nursing home?" Miracle shook his head. "No, my kid will be riding roller coasters until it's fifty."

"Okay, I'll make the contract. So parental rights remain with the biological father until I sign the birth certificate which signifies transfer of rights to birth mother and adopting father?" Cheston looked at Miracle.

"Yep, and nothing for pain during labor, unless it proves to be a health risk, I want her to hurt." Miracle looked at Susan. "Because shes a bitch." He stood up and grinned. "Bye." He walked out of the conference room.

Cheston looked up. "Just...let it go." He held a hand up and closed his eyes, knowing that working this so that he could take the baby from Susan for Miracle was going to be difficult.

Susan frowned and shook her head. "This baby better be gold."

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..