A simple recipe today. Guacamole is my favourite dip, and it's so easy to make. No taco night is complete without it. You can do it in a food processor if you like, but if the avocado is ripe enough and you don't mind it a bit chunky, you can literally just mash it with a fork.
2 ripe avocados
chilli powder OR hot chilli sauce (sriracha or the like)
1. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits. Use a spoon to dig the avocado out of its skin and into a bowl.
2. Chop the tomato as finely as you can be bothered. Add to bowl.
3. Use a fork to make a mush out of the avocado and the tomato.
4. Add the juice of half a lemon, or a tablespoon or two of lemon juice from a bottle.
5. Add a couple of tablespoons of paprika powder and half a teaspoon of chilli powder or a splash of chilli sauce. If you like spicy food, add more to taste. If you don’t, use less. You can also substitute for minced chilli or sambal oelek. Any of these will do.
6. Stir it all together and serve with tacos, burritos or other tex mex, or use as dip.