Jump to content

Panache - Word of the Day - Tue Jul 13, 2021


Myr

486 views

Quote

Panache - (noun) - 1: an ornamental tuft (as of feathers) especially on a helmet; 2: dash or flamboyance in style and action: verve

warrior helmet GIF by Assassin's Creed

Quote

Assassin's Creed Odyssey had a large selection of gear including some helmets with a large red panache.  Nothing says stealth like bright red, after all.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 Comments


Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, drpaladin said:

And absolutely never pronounce it pan ache. 

How do you pronounce it? I also think I’ve been saying it wrong 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

How do you pronounce it? I also think I’ve been saying it wrong

Pa'nahSH

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Pahn-nash-eh

Why am I the way I am?

Do you also say "frah-gee-lay" for "fragile"?  :rofl:  

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Do you also say "frah-gee-lay" for "fragile"?  :rofl:  

I live in my own world. I speak my own language like Klingon, Sindarin, etc.

I cannot/should not interact interact with other people.

I shop at Tar-zhay 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Mrsgnomie said:

I live in my own world. I speak my own language like Klingon, Sindarin, etc.

I cannot/should not interact interact with other people.

I shop at Tar-zhay 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

You and I would get along great then :)  When I was a kid, my BFF at the time and I spent an entire summer learning and translating Tolkien's runes and Sindarin.  When I went to college, we sent each other letters using runes and Elvish. Of course, I've since forgotten the majority of it.  Stupid adulting.  *sigh * 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mrsgnomie said:

Pahn-nash-eh

Why am I the way I am?

You can run into real problems by insisting on pronouncing every syllable in a word. There was once this state trooper whose last name was Fuqua...

  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Why does this conversation remind me of Futurama's Zapp Brannigan and his Sham-Pag-In? I'm surprised he never mispronounced original as Ore-E-Gye-Nal. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, astone2292 said:

Why does this conversation remind me of Futurama's Zapp Brannigan and his Sham-Pag-In? I'm surprised he never mispronounced original as Ore-E-Gye-Nal. 

Haha I just watched that episode :gikkle: It must be Italian :rofl: 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..