Message Board Topic For 7/16

"And then, the 12 year old boy sensually slipped down his boxer shorts to reveal a 17" rock hard penis. He could already spew gallons of semen at his age, and even though this was his very first time doing anything sexual, he asked me to lick his hairy ass, tie him to the bed, and pour hot candle wax on his muscular chest!"

Hehehe, okaaaaaay...so that's not the most realistic sex scene in the world, now is it? Nor is the old, "I saw this strange boy on the street, asked if I could f**K him, and he said yes...I've been having sex with my friends for years!" scenario. Naturally, when it comes to writing erotica, some kind of payoff isn't only expected, it's almost demanded in some cases. But how do you make that payoff 'believable'? How do you keep a reader locked into the idea that this kind of thing could really happen?

What really loses you when you read a story where the sex just doesn't appeal to you? Where it seems fake, forced, or exaggerated? Let us know! We were all teenagers once, some of us still are, and we know what sounds believable and what doesn't. So what totally throws you out of a story's plot credibility when it comes to sex?

• Site Administrator

I'd say the main thing I have trouble believing is opportunity. Yes, teenagers get opportunities to have sex, but it's rarely easy unless they are in a steady relationship, or in a state or environment that enhances the chances (eg. when drunk). In the later case, the sex is rarely romantic -- it's almost always selfish. The other one I have trouble with is where the parents or siblings are never around to interfere with the plans. Yes, this happens, and if it was only a few stories that had this, I wouldn't be bothered, but after reading story after story where these young teenagers seem to have no problems having a house to themselves for as long as they need... well, I just don't find it believable anymore.

I agree that a great of net fiction is pretty lame when it comes to describing teen-aged sexual behavior. It's portrayal of gigantic turgid members and sexual practices that aren't age appropriate are quite simply unrealistic We've hit on this point before but it does bear some consideration. In times past, teens just did not have the information and society actively sought to suppress it.

The Internet has changed the game in very significant ways. I had never heard of or imagined a filthy Sanchez or a donkey punch until I was over forty (perhaps I'm too well?). :blink: Now seventh graders know precisely what those things are. I'm conflicted as to whether or not that's a good thing. I am against sexual ignorance because it has severe consequences however full disclosure also has it downside.

Whether or not teens are kinky and/or curious enough to try some of the more exotic sexual practices... Well, I wouldn't care to bet against teen curiosity. Nor would I care to read about a pair of 13 year old prodigies and their adventures with their hamster. :unsure:

I hope no one minds if I randomly come and post in this topic ^^:

Anyways on to the topic. The thing which most puts me off from any type of story,let alone erotica, is misinformation. Either that or that the author is suffering under a delusion that they can write anything which catches their fancy, be it true or not, which basically means the same thing anyways. That includes enormous penises on 12 year olds, and young people casual acceptance/willingness to try out hardcore BDSM/kinky sex, or having sex with total strangers one just randomly picks up from the streets.

I especially dislike reading a story where the main objective is sex. I tried reading a HPxDM fanfic recently where each chapter seems to contains some sort of BDSM sex. Anywhere the story seemed to start having even a bit of a plotline, sex would suddenly crop up. In fact sex everyday was even made a necessity (something about some spell gone wrong etc). What took the cake was, since Dumbledore had died, Harry was suddenly made the head of the Order of the Phoenix even though he is a young boy not yet out of school (and may I add not of age even in the wizarding world). I don't mind a story where the main character is promiscous (though I prefer a story with a solid couple), but sex as the main objective is a major turn off. (End of rant :P )

@Off topic: Comicality I absolutely love your stories! Especially 'Gone from Daylight' and 'Savage Moon'. I think the new chapters are awesome! Cant wait for more ^^;

Edited by pitchan

I have to agree with everyone else so far that unrealistic sex between teenagers is a bit of a tern off as far as a story goes. I respect a writers choice to go that route but, I generally don't read beyond a few chapters. In fact, my encounter with teenage sex was with Comie's Savage Moon. I was blown away with his story. At first I felt guilty for reading. Like I was doing something wrong. I just could help myself though and kept on. I found Savage Moon through Nifty, and after a while found myself at the gay authors web site. From there I read Gone from Darkness. Couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Then I started reading other authors hosted on the site, and I found that a lot of the stories DO involve teenage sex. Most are very realistic, and not taken to an extreme. Needless to say my guilty feelings quickly faded.

I agree that a great of net fiction is pretty lame when it comes to describing teen-aged sexual behavior. It's portrayal of gigantic turgid members and sexual practices that aren't age appropriate are quite simply unrealistic We've hit on this point before but it does bear some consideration. In times past, teens just did not have the information and society actively sought to suppress it.

The Internet has changed the game in very significant ways. I had never heard of or imagined a filthy Sanchez or a donkey punch until I was over forty (perhaps I'm too well?). :blink: Now seventh graders know precisely what those things are. I'm conflicted as to whether or not that's a good thing. I am against sexual ignorance because it has severe consequences however full disclosure also has it downside.

Whether or not teens are kinky and/or curious enough to try some of the more exotic sexual practices... Well, I wouldn't care to bet against teen curiosity. Nor would I care to read about a pair of 13 year old prodigies and their adventures with their hamster. :unsure:

I've never heard of either one of those :blink::blink::ph34r::ph34r:

I've never heard of either one of those :blink::blink::ph34r::ph34r:

You ain't missing a thang sweetie. B)

I found out myself at Urban Dictionary. I'm curious about language, slang and dialects. While it is useful for that purpose, you'll often find out more than you bargained for. :icky-icky:

I never heard those terms, at school or among my friends. I looked them up on Urban Dictionary. Woof! NFW I'd ever do anything like that! I think anal sex among teens is uncommon, regardless of gender or orientation. It does happen, but the guys I know think it's dirty and won't do it. At least, that's my experience. Maybe I and my BF and our gay friends were (or are) sheltered, but I SAF would never do it. Holey crapola, Kimosabe!

Colin B)

• 2 months later...

Okay, I'm a little different than your average Tom, Dick and Harry. I don't like reading sex scenes. I skip over them. If thats all the story has, meaning no plot just sex, like a cheap skin flick, then I'm outta there and on to another story. Romance is good. Emotional ties are great, and the development of feeling, trust, closeness, love, freindship, is awesome in stories. I love stories where there is conflict, then revelation and then compassion and healing and the whole gambit of emotions. I like to cry and laugh and get embarrassed and feel victory and defeat throughout a great story. I want a story to move me.

If a sex scene is well done then yes it moves me and i read through it, but thats very seldom in online stories. Most sex stories online, the reader is into a full blown sex scene no later than the 2nd paragraph. Most people just don't live like that. Meet, say hi and jump their bones. What ever happened to the shy, embarrassed boys who have to trick there way into seeing their best friend naked by daring them to play a strip game? Oh the boy wants to see and be seen naked, but how? Unless things have changed more than I know, boys don't just strip naked and go at it even with friends they have known all their lives. They may want to, but the trick is how to work circumstances around to get to that place. Most boys I know, are more worried about getting caught and having eveyone at school find out. Social disaster.

So like others have said, boy meets boy, boy jumps other boys bones, they have passionate sex and live happily ever after, is bull and I dont read such stories.

Edited by Krytan
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..