Harry Potter News

• Site Administrator

it was on the news... and it was in the paper this morning. JKR said another character was gonna die in book 6.

My bet would be Pettigrew. You might remember that Dumbledore said that because of Harry's mercy towards Pettigrew in book 3 (Harry potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban ) that there would always be a link betwen Harry and Pettigrew.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Percy Wesley.

Dumbledore Wouldn't accomplish much on a greater scale of things, as Harry's already lost a father figgure twice, and there are a few replacments in waiting.

Funny thing is I've read so many fanfics I'm not really sure what the overall realtionship between Harry and Percy was in JKR's actuall story.

Funny thing is I've read so many fanfics I'm not really sure what the overall realtionship between Harry and Percy was in JKR's actuall story.

Before book five, rather neutral. Percy wasn't exactly Harry's favorite Weasley, but he didn't have any real negative opinion about him except that he was kind of stuffy. During book five, I would hazzard to guess that Harry really doesn't think to much of him, but you can bet the other Weasley's think even less.

:( I don't think anyone likes characters dying, but of course the plot has to retain interest.

Of course since Richard Harris is already dead, They have probably had to replace him in filming already, (maybe with John Hurt?) and I can't imagine who they would have to take over Hogwarts in his place. He was reputedly one of the most powerful wizards around anyway, wasn't he? So I think that's unlikely.

I'd personally go for any of Percy/Peter/Hagrid if it has to be someone. It would be better if it were Filtch of course, but I'd go with Boy On A String and say Hagrid, since Robbie Coltraine was apparently making noises a while ago about not wanting to continue with the character I believe, so she could easily write him out I guess.

It'll be interesting to see who's right!

:read:

• Site Administrator

Micheal Gamblon replaced Richard Harris and did an okay job at it. John Hurt was Olivander and should be returning in the fourth movie for a brief cameo.

It would be better if it were Filtch of course, but I'd go with Boy On A String and say Hagrid, since Robbie Coltraine was apparently making noises a while ago about not wanting to continue with the character I believe, so she could easily write him out I guess.

The movies and the books are completely autonomous as far as the creative process is concerned. Mr. Coltraine's desire to step out only means that they will have to find a different actor to play Hagrid, Just as Michael Gamblon succeeded Richard Harris (No disrespect to Mr. Gamblon, but one just can not replace Richard Harris) another actor will succeed Mr. Coltraine.

Another thing to consider about the movies is that only the first four were optioned. It'd debatable whether or not the remaining books will be made into films. The HP flicks have been doing decreasingly well. The initial audience that they are inteded for is growing up and the fad is waining amongst youngsters. It has become sort of a cult following with most of the adult fans such as ourselves but that is not enough to make worth financing a full motion picture worth the effort.

• Site Administrator

They made billions. I doubt they'll stop until JKR gets too damned slow to keep up. (almost to that point now)

Having had a longer time to think, I reckon it would be pretty pointless killing off Dumbledore at this stage. I think that would be more likely in the final story - perhaps Dumbledore and Harry will destroy Voldemort between them, but with Dumbledore taking a mortal hit maybe? That would be a far more realistic and satisfactory end I'm sure. Hey predicting is fun isn't it?

I must admit to forgetting John Hurt was Olivander. Dear me, the memory isn't what it was. Who am I? :blink:

Yeah, on second thoughts Hagrid or the Peter Petigrew theory looks to be quite possible.

The movies and the books are completely autonomous as far as the creative process is concerned. Mr. Coltraine's desire to step out only means that they will have to find a different actor to play Hagrid, Just as Michael Gamblon succeeded Richard Harris (No disrespect to Mr. Gamblon, but one just can not replace Richard Harris) another actor will succeed Mr. Coltraine.

I think like Richard Harris, it will NOT be quite so easy to find someone to convincingly replace Robbie Coltraine! He has a certain 'unique' size and resonance to his voice which made him suitable for the part in the first place.

Oh yes, they would do it, but everytime I pick up an HP book, Hagrid is a character I feel I know.

besides didn't they contract the main three through 6?

No, initially through book 4. To my knowledge, 5, 6 & 7 have not yet been green lighted.

I think like Richard Harris, it will NOT be quite so easy to find someone to convincingly replace Robbie Coltraine!

Hence my use of the word "succeed" rather than "replace".

another actor will succeed Mr. Coltraine.

:read: My thoughts are if anyone is going to Die it would have to be a Weasely! Prob the father what's his name Arthur Weasley. Anyway he'll probably die saving Ron life as he'll probably follow Harry to some stupid trap!

He'll also probably get in trouble at the beginning for casting a forbidden curse at the end of the last book. 0:)